YesNoOk

Old Screenpack Threads (Read 118045 times)

Started by Laxxe23, July 02, 2008, 06:56:21 pm
Old Screenpack Threads
#1  July 02, 2008, 06:56:21 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
im working with seanalty on a full game project,
right now ive been working on coding a screenpack for him, currently this is what is done for the screenpack
lifebars: 90 percent going to redo them so 0 percent as of now
old lifebars
old lifebars
stages: so far we have 4 or 5 of 13 stages, we should get afew more done by our newest team member Dark Valentine
select screen: 70 percent done
select screen
whats left to be done:
wait for sean to finish the backgrounds in each of the screens
get better font
adjust the portraits and font on the lifebars and select screen
redo the menu select

New Title Screen:

New Select Screen:

Of course both are WIPs, in case you're wondering. They're both animated as well.
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:28:37 pm by seanaltly
Re: shades of manhatten screenpack and lifebars
#2  July 02, 2008, 06:57:57 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
updated lifebars syn made for us,
#3  July 02, 2008, 08:12:34 pm
  • I got a PM.
Will this game work on mugen plus. See I use a screenpack program to choose between them Kinda a Frontend. I use mugen plus so I was wondering if the screenpack will work with my mugen setup.
#4  July 02, 2008, 08:25:03 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
yes its running on mugen plus
it will be moleboxed since the screenpack is for this full game
characters will be released individually as well, but since the stages are not ours we can not make it like a stage pack to download,
eventually we might develop an indepth system that will only work with these characters that full games should have, but thats in the future
#5  July 02, 2008, 09:48:49 pm
The lifebars, for all intents and purposes look terrible.  They lack powerbars, and the font really doesn't mix with the lifebars. 

The screenpack, I'm hoping is a WIP, because if that's the final product...
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#6  July 02, 2008, 09:58:54 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
The lifebars, for all intents and purposes look terrible.  They lack powerbars, and the font really doesn't mix with the lifebars. 

The screenpack, I'm hoping is a WIP, because if that's the final product...
lol that font is definately not going to be used
the lifebars do have powerbars, just not inthe first screenshot, but syn is making new hires graphics for the lifebars, which i will code
#7  July 02, 2008, 10:20:07 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
#8  July 02, 2008, 10:28:48 pm
When I posted I was basing them just on Laxxe's lifebars.   Also, aren't you posting this shit to get feedback?  If so, then quit bitching if people say waaah, I don't like it.  If you put yourself on a stage, expect to be judged!
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#9  July 02, 2008, 10:53:10 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
#10  July 02, 2008, 11:16:24 pm
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=66440.msg703850#msg703850
Syn, are you good at reading?  Serious question.  Lemmie quote and bold what's important in that quote just for you :)
Basically they would be interested on a place to get feedback on the portions of the project, its not just one thing that could be in one sticky , its something not "needed" but would be nice.
Is that good enough? Nah, lemmie requote it, and increase the text size of what I made bold
Basically they would be interested on a place to get feedback on the portions of the project, its not just one thing that could be in one sticky , its something not "needed" but would be nice.
Good enough? Sure as hell don't think so, lemmie underline it as well!
I think that's about good. Easy enough to read even for someone with a sixth grade reading comprehension.

Also, I was referring to the lifebars in the first post, you know the ones Laxxe made himself?
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#11  July 02, 2008, 11:25:50 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
When I posted I was basing them just on Laxxe's lifebars. 

yeah He posted them and I am the one responsible for them so I have that right.

Also, aren't you posting this shit to get feedback? 

Umm .......No.
Btw
No ones bitching like you say. Point is, in this case, your opinion doesn't matter.
Deal with it!

he was talking about the origional lifebars i believe

#12  July 02, 2008, 11:31:08 pm
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Regardless, the funny thing is he came to the conclusion of it being the finish product?

--;

Also in the first post since we are on the can you read question, isn't it obvious that the bars were being remade?
Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:35:38 am by Ninno -29-
#13  July 02, 2008, 11:35:32 pm
I didn't.  I just said they looked bad, I didn't say anywhere that was what I saw as the finished product.

Anyways, just a question, any planning with messing with the common1.cns?  Seeing as its going to be a full game and moleboxed, you can be alot more creative with it seeing as you can ignore some of MUGEN's limitations.
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#14  July 02, 2008, 11:38:28 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
I didn't.  I just said they looked bad, I didn't say anywhere that was what I saw as the finished product.

Anyways, just a question, any planning with messing with the common1.cns?  Seeing as its going to be a full game and moleboxed, you can be alot more creative with it seeing as you can ignore some of MUGEN's limitations.
yeah i was planning on discussing with sean about a counter throw system involving guarding
#15  July 03, 2008, 03:20:07 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Just so everyone knows, the first set of lifebars, with the purple and green (the small neon green part is supposed to be the Super Meter), were drawn by me. I'd appreciate it, Robert the Small, if you did us all a favor and worked on finding a more constructive way of saying things. Your post came off as condescending and not at all helpful, only overly critical of a clearly-stated WIP and a bit laden with douchbaggery.

The lifebars looked like that because they were drawn low-res, because I was unaware of how much space I had to work with. I could have drawn nicer-looking lifebars if I'd been aware of what I could do with the hi-res graphics. Instead Zeckle had someone take the base concept of my design and create better looking ones, which I'm fine with.

Download Last Bout now!
#16  July 03, 2008, 03:27:56 am
The lifebars were low res, I know, however, color wise at the very least they aren't that great looking, and atheistic wise (font wise at least) looked strange at the very least.

And I was assuming the screen pack (seeing as it said 70% done) was almost finished so...
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#17  July 03, 2008, 03:38:17 am
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Back On topic, avoiding the Douche bag above.

Sean,

I dunno if Laxxe told you but would you prefer the powerbars on the bottom?
If so, Ill have another example by Saturday, and from there ill move on to the Team mode bars.
#18  July 03, 2008, 04:09:29 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
The lifebars were low res, I know, however, color wise at the very least they aren't that great looking, and atheistic wise (font wise at least) looked strange at the very least.

And I was assuming the screen pack (seeing as it said 70% done) was almost finished so...
not the screen pack, the select screen is what i said lol
#19  July 03, 2008, 04:13:09 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ninno, please avoid using that kind of language it might hurt feelings and make for arguments that arent really needed, thanks.

#20  July 03, 2008, 04:58:06 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Back On topic, avoiding the Douche bag above.

Sean,

I dunno if Laxxe told you but would you prefer the powerbars on the bottom?
If so, Ill have another example by Saturday, and from there ill move on to the Team mode bars.

Yes, I asked him about that recently, I would prefer them at the bottom ala Street Fighter Alpha.

Download Last Bout now!