YesNoOk

Jerk Store (Read 55496 times)

Started by â˜…★RJ★★, July 10, 2008, 10:17:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: fuckin' Cyanide Vs. fucking Cybaster
#461  August 04, 2008, 10:05:49 am
why you aren't getting on his case about that I have no idea.
if jared reworded that readme and used it for one of his stages i would get on his case and if he also copied a contest from you and also reposted some of your jokes i would definitely get on his case but as it turns out he hasn't
I'm talking about your attitude towards other people and your irrational dislike of said people as well
oh god i dislike some people that coincidentally post mostly garbage i must be turning into jared!!!
Are you trying to make me say "yes I rip people off, you are totally right?" Because you aren't going to get that kind of response, especially since myself and others don't agree with that.
you would obviously never admit to anything like that and i am sure that all three of them won't agree with what i've said but what can i do about it
#462  August 04, 2008, 10:49:37 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
if jared reworded that readme and used it for one of his stages i would get on his case and if he also copied a contest from you and also reposted some of your jokes i would definitely get on his case but as it turns out he hasn't
You getting on his case. That's a laugh. Also... MY GOD DON'T YOU READ ANYTHING I POST?! I mean seriously I explained the contest and jokes quite a few pages back but apparently you're acting like I didn't even post those! Since I don't feel like pulling a Byakko today, I'll sum up.

1) The usage of the word "recycled" three days after Jared said it look influenced, but considering contexts are different, there's really no need for you to be getting so uptight over word usage (I doubt using a synonym like "borrowed" would've let you rest easier). Unless you want to start a crusade on everyone who said the word "recycled" after Jared posted it.

2) The contest was originally going to be another one with Jared, but as Jared and I weren't on good terms, I decided to do it without him with the same rules. Simple! Not plagiarism, just going along without one of the people behind it.

oh god i dislike some people that coincidentally post mostly garbage i must be turning into jared!!!
... I don't think you're getting it! The point I was getting at is that you have low tolerance for incredibly miniscule habits of users (a trait of Jared), which is quite hilarious considering Guild is supposedly one of the most "tolerant" places I'm aware of.

you would obviously never admit to anything like that and i am sure that all three of them won't agree with what i've said but what can i do about it
It wasn't a matter of whether or not I'd say it. It was more a matter of what could possibly be said to make you shut up already since you're pretty much repeating yourself at this point.
#463  August 04, 2008, 11:00:18 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
oh yeah and you still haven't taken up my offer to easily win the argument via cyber

DGJ

#464  August 04, 2008, 11:24:11 am
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen
2) The contest was originally going to be another one with Jared, but as Jared and I weren't on good terms, I decided to do it without him with the same rules. Simple! Not plagiarism, just going along without one of the people behind it.

after the first stage wars the idea of a sequel was only briefly mentioned, but i said i didn't want to do it until i had a different theme in mind because i didn't think it'd be as interesting nor the quality of the stages as good.  (and i was right on both, but then again a lot of stagemaster's embarassing showing has to do with you.)  when i had finally decided on an idea i had liked i was well-beyond tired of you and had no intention of including you.  it's only because titiln opened his stupid mouth in irc that you even knew about it.

you were not a driving force in stage wars.  i could've done stage wars with any two other judges and it would have been as successful.

and at this point i don't know if you're just stubbornly refusing to admit what a copy & paste job stagemaster was or if you're even stupider than i had previously thought.

#465  August 04, 2008, 11:32:30 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
We can steal competitions now?

Thats almost as bad as people saying "omg you used my colours" when blargh.net was alive.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

DGJ

#466  August 04, 2008, 11:35:44 am
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen

#467  August 04, 2008, 11:49:10 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The point is to stupidly rant for several pages about how the other guy is stupid and worthless, to finally get a place in the hall of fame section. Sadly, their posts are not entertaining not funny, and their rant is not long enough (since one of the competitors even admitted he didn't want to pull a Byakko).

I should also add that this topic still doesn't have the right name, because cys seem to be intelligent enough not to rant about "contest stealing" and "style rip-offs".

DGJ

#468  August 04, 2008, 11:54:08 am
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen
I should also add that this topic still doesn't have the right name, because cys seem to be intelligent enough not to rant about "contest stealing" and "style rip-offs".

no one is ranting about contest stealing  ::)

#469  August 04, 2008, 12:02:16 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
@Jared: I didn't say Stagemaster wasn't a copy-paste. I just said it was operating under the idea that if it works, stick with it.

As far as Stagemaster goes, I can attribute the problems to bad advertising (my fault) and faulty communications with my judges (and the fact that one of my judges disappeared in the middle of it didn't help matters). Hell, I'd be the first person to admit that Stagemaster was a colossal mistake/flop (not in the quality of entries, there were a few that impressed me), implemented out of my own naive-ness, and I'll even take the blame for its shortcomings. But hey, it's all about learning, right? I now know what works and what doesn't work, and I'll try harder in the future.
#470  August 04, 2008, 12:11:23 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Also I'd just like to add that I feel sorry for you. As a person who can't forgive and forget (for what point and purpose?), it must be a miserable existence.
#471  August 04, 2008, 12:20:02 pm
    • France
#472  August 04, 2008, 12:22:37 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
A time of fate, your spite sooths,
Untold the stories of thy muse.

Hour is late as kingdoms unfold,
Signs in disarray, you fight in loath.

DGJ

#473  August 04, 2008, 12:23:26 pm
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen
hahahahahahahahaha, this just got a lot better

forgive and forget what?  i just didn't/don't like you.  you had been getting on my nerves for a long time and, while i tried to be polite about it, it should've been obvious to you.  i don't know what misconceptions you're operating under.

Well, among you three, the one who seems to be ranting about the "contest thievery" is Titiln ...

titiln called jango a DGJ copycat and used it as an example, no one cares about "stealing" or anything else like that

who's the only guy not involved in the stage contest.

um, you might wanna sit down for this...

A time of fate, your spite sooths,
Untold the stories of thy muse.

Hour is late as kingdoms unfold,
Signs in disarray, you fight in loath.

!word

#474  August 04, 2008, 12:27:12 pm
    • France
um, you might wanna sit down for this...
Already done. Whatever...

DGJ

#475  August 04, 2008, 12:28:13 pm
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen

#476  August 04, 2008, 12:28:34 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
forgive and forget what?  i just didn't/don't like you.  you had been getting on my nerves for a long time and, while i tried to be polite about it, it should've been obvious to you.  i don't know what misconceptions you're operating under.
It might've been obvious if you actually said stuff. All I saw was someone who went from "passing the torch," as you yourself once said, to saying phrases like "jesus christ shut the fuck up." Hell when I talked to other associates of yours that I am on good terms with about it, they were caught off guard as well.

titiln called jango a DGJ copycat and used it as an example, no one cares about "stealing" or anything else like that
The interesting thing about it is that it all arose out of me making a joke about Titiln posting the phrase "monkey cheese" a number of times. I didn't say he was ripping anyone off, I was just noting how many times he posted it. I don't know exactly why Titiln decided to go into a tangent about "copy-cats"

DGJ

#477  August 04, 2008, 12:38:24 pm
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen
It might've been obvious if you actually said stuff. All I saw was someone who was, at one point, "passing the torch," as you yourself once said, to suddenly telling me to shut up on the board.

what should i say?  "you're annoying me, leave me alone"?  you would've gotten defensive over that too.  i figured you would've noticed considering my shift in tone, the fact that i outright ignored you, or how i ignored all your PMs for my MSN.

The interesting thing about it is that it all arose out of me making a joke about Titiln posting the phrase "monkey cheese" a number of times. I didn't say he was ripping anyone off, I was just noting how many times he posted it. I don't know exactly why Titiln decided to go into a tangent about "copy-cats"

yeah, so what does that have to do with anything i said?

#478  August 04, 2008, 12:42:51 pm
  • :)
    • www.freewebs.com/mvcsnk/
*walks in*
The fuck is this shit?
*walks out*
Oh, and Cyandie > Cybaster if that's what you mean. Cyandie may be tough, but he's just trying to get it into our thick skulls! :sugoi:
#479  August 04, 2008, 12:47:51 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
what should i say?  "you're annoying me, leave me alone"?  you would've gotten defensive over that too.  i figured you would've noticed considering my shift in tone, the fact that i outright ignored you, or how i ignored all your PMs for my MSN.
Your shift in tone happened like... two days before my banning. As far as ignoring PMs go, I think two PM's didn't get responses, which is minimal enough to consider "coincidence" by most people's standards. As far as how you could've approached it? You could've, oh, I dunno, talked about what exactly the problem was (to this day, I still have no idea what exactly I did to "annoy" you), seeing that you didn't really get actively against me until the near end.

yeah, so what does that have to do with anything i said?
Nothing in particular, I was just pointing out that even the "copycat" bit is totally offtopic from the original argument.

DGJ

#480  August 04, 2008, 12:57:34 pm
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen
Your shift in tone happened like... two days before my banning.

no, not really, but that goes to show you can't pick up on these things

As far as ignoring PMs go, I think two PM's didn't get responses, which is minimal enough to consider "coincidence" by most people's standards. As far as how you could've approached it? You could've, oh, I dunno, talked about what exactly the problem was (to this day, I still have no idea what exactly I did to "annoy" you), seeing that you didn't really get actively against me until the near end.

well for starters you wouldn't stop talking about stupid mugen community shit after i told you several times that i didn't care and to stop

Nothing in particular, I was just pointing out that even the "copycat" bit is totally offtopic from the original argument.

that's great, but i don't really care about that and it doesn't have to do with what i've been talking about