YesNoOk

Ranma-chan v1.1 (tweaks) (Read 16453 times)

Started by Toni, August 17, 2008, 02:10:06 am
Share this topic:
Ranma-chan v1.1 (tweaks)
#1  August 17, 2008, 02:10:06 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Well, here it is. My first char ever: Ranma-chan (v1.1) with improved commands.

Please download her and tell me what you think. Full move-description is in the readme. She's pretty much complete gameplay-wise.

This char is both DosMugen an WinMugen compatible. :)

Screens:

- More than just a KFM spriteswap.

- 6 colorful palettes.

- 2 powerful supers.

Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 01:50:42 am by Toni
Re: Ranma-chan v0.9
#2  August 17, 2008, 02:20:44 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
as far as first characters go, this one is pretty good, no bugs i could find.
the clsn seems alright.

but the sounds are kinda low and hard to hear, and your sff needs work, you need to click share sprites on all the sprites so that your pallets can work correctly.
Re: Ranma-chan v0.91 (palette fix)
#3  August 17, 2008, 02:53:05 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Okay, I hopefully fixed the palette bug. New version is in the first post.

Yeah, the voices are low. I'm still hoping to find better ones to replace them with. The ones I used are from the SNES games and not exactly high quality, especially if I make them any louder. :-\ Just consider them placeholders for now. ;)
Re: Ranma-chan v0.92 (palette fix & throw added)
#4  August 18, 2008, 05:41:17 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Yo, Toni! Nice job you've done here, I like it very much!

Since you need sounds, I'll be happy to give you my samples if you'd like them. I'll work on uploading them to a RAR file or you can get them out of "Ranko's" SND yourself if that's what you'd prefer.

All I'd ask for is a teensy bit of credit in the readme.

Lookin' forward to whatever you've got coming next.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#5  August 18, 2008, 07:14:55 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Yo, Toni! Nice job you've done here, I like it very much!

Since you need sounds, I'll be happy to give you my samples if you'd like them. I'll work on uploading them to a RAR file or you can get them out of "Ranko's" SND yourself if that's what you'd prefer.

All I'd ask for is a teensy bit of credit in the readme.

Lookin' forward to whatever you've got coming next.
Thanks a lot, and thanks for offering the sounds. That's a great help indeed. And don't worry about being credited in the readme, that's no problem at all. ;D
#6  August 18, 2008, 12:49:37 pm
Toni! Awesome creation! Yeah, about the sound files from the SNES game - they are pretty much 8-bit and low qual, so yeah, I feel you about the sounds being low, and mad-ups to Zero-Sennin for providing quality to em! I await the next update, as I have not played with her, cause I didn't wanna spoil myself until the new sounds are put in ;). Keep it up!
Re: Ranma-chan v1.0
#7  August 18, 2008, 06:38:12 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Thank you. :)

The newest version is up, complete with the new voices and some little tweaks here and there. Still only one intro and winpose, but gameplay-wise I think it's safe to consider her finished (at least as long as no bugs pop up all of a sudden ;))

Download link is in the first post.
Re: Ranma-chan v1.0 (better voices added)
#8  August 18, 2008, 06:42:15 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Is it possible to perform all of her specials? It seems only the AI can..
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#9  August 18, 2008, 09:21:07 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Of course. The A.I. (if you want to call it that) can't do anything the player can't do. I don't know why you'd have problems performing them. ???
#10  August 19, 2008, 10:21:38 am
Speaking of AI, I LOVE how R/Chan's is constructed thus far! She's quick and fluid, fights her ass off despite her small size, yet has a human essense to her. She's among one of the best Ranma 1/2 charas I've seen and used and reminds me a lot of Fervicante's (sp?) Mariko. Keep up the great work, as 2 Ranma Chans by two creators on this very board have made my roster permanently (I forget the other author's name, so forgive me). I deffo hope you get your purple star if anything you deffo contributed a work that speaks for herself ;)
#11  August 19, 2008, 06:40:56 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Of course. The A.I. (if you want to call it that) can't do anything the player can't do. I don't know why you'd have problems performing them. ???
I can perform the Projectile and Rolling Elbow, but not the tornado special.. (I know the command it's shoryuken motion..)
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#12  August 19, 2008, 07:47:52 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I can perform the Projectile and Rolling Elbow, but not the tornado special.. (I know the command it's shoryuken motion..)

The Hiryu Shoten Ha is kinda sticky for me too...I meant to report that, but since you mentioned it first, I did a little investigation.

The CMD is missing the defaults section that defines how much time commands are allotted for input. Kinda looks like this (using one of my creations as an example...)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The Mouko Takabisha and HSH's commands are written without the 'time' parameter, and since the defaults section is missing, I'm thinking it affects how those two execute.

'Course, I'm no expert, but I guess it's a good start at guessing. I'll experiment a bit and get back to ya'll.

Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#13  August 19, 2008, 10:48:13 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Hmm, I simply used KFM's cmd. No default section, just a small note:

; - time (optional)
;   Time allowed to do the command, given in game-ticks. Defaults to 15
;   if omitted

Maybe you are using f,d,df,f, P instead of f,d,df, P? This causes the projectile to come out instead of the tornado (unlike SF2-like games where Shoryuken motions generally take precedence over hadoken ones). If you don't like this, changing the command order in the cmd-file might help you with this.
Re: Ranma-chan v1.1 (tweaks)
#14  January 29, 2009, 02:23:19 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
I made a small update for the character. Nothing major (mostly cosmetic stuff), but still... an update is an update. ;)

Added a bit of eye candy here and there (like a shock animation (compatible with Thor for example)) and tweaked a few attacks (just a few invincible frames during the start-up of Hiryu Korin Dan makes the attack so much more useful).

Still no new intros or winposes because I'm at a loss for ideas... heh. --;

Look at first post for download link.
#15  January 29, 2009, 03:42:01 pm
  • "One Man Can Make The Difference"
I have two comments for you:

The good one: I liked the palletes and the special powers, it can be a very competitive character and do a great damage to the others.

The not so good one: It doesn't mean bad, but making a special move is really difficult when the moves are too similar (I wanted to d the Hiryu Korin Dan, but she nearly always did the Mouko Takabisha). If it's possible, It would be better if you change some commands, in this way you're not going to make one move, waiting for another one.

Thanks. 
#16  January 29, 2009, 05:08:06 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Thank you. I considered changing the commands for both the Hiryu Shoten Ha and the Hiryu Korin Dan (replacing f,d,df with d,db,b) but I'm just so used to the old commands. I'll change it in the next update, but for now, feel free to make the changes to the cmd file yourself if you have trouble with the controls.
#17  January 29, 2009, 08:24:56 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
good job indeed!

i hope that you'll keep converting ranma chars  ;)
#18  January 30, 2009, 01:56:55 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Thank you. :) I'm not sure if I'll make more Ranma characters. Not in the near future at least, because I want to finish my Supergirl first. And after that... who knows? :D

Uhm, and I updated the file with changed commands for the Hiryu Shoten Ha and Hiryu Korin Dan (which are now performed with a "down-back" motion instead of a "dragonpunch" motion). Everything else kept unchanged, so if you downloaded the "old" v1.1, there's really no need to download it again. :P