YesNoOk

Old Character Threads (Read 106415 times)

Started by Sean Altly, July 03, 2008, 04:55:31 am
Re: Character Thread: Chad In Black
#21  September 09, 2008, 07:10:09 pm
  • Everyone has darkness,Fight it or EMBRACE it
love the concept for this character great ideas are just float around in your head huh?  :sugoi:
Character Thread: Thirteen (Updated w/New Special Moves)
#22  September 19, 2008, 05:10:59 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

Height: 5'9''
Weight: 138 lbs.

Abilities: Able to protrude razor-sharp bone growths from 13 different points on his body: His wrists, his shoulder blades, his knees, the top of his spinal cord, his sternum, the heels of his feet, his elbows, and the most painful and disfiguring of them all, his right eye socket. Every time he uses his powers, the bones rip through his flesh, but as a result of the experiment, he gained superhuman healing abilities, meaning that he must re-open his wounds every time he uses his powers.

Bio: (Contains some tweaks from the Bio posted earlier in the WIP topic) William Turtle is basically the world's unluckiest man. Born on a Friday the 13th, and the youngest of thirteen children (his parents often told him that he was an accident), he was plagued by bad luck and a miserable childhood while growing up. He was shy and meek, and often suffered emotional damage at the hands of countless students taunting him. He was perpetually clumsy and socially awkward. Into adulthood, his luck was no better. Unable to connect with other people and constantly unemployed, his parents kicked him out on the street, where he wandered aimlessly, homeless and with very little money, until he became addicted to cheap drugs and a life of crime. He was apprehended in his birthday for trying to steal a car, and was sentenced to 13 months in prison. William's life took a tragic turn in prison when, through the use of a false DNA test, he was wrongly convicted of a girl's rape and murder that had occurred some year's before, and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. In prison, his ID number ended with the number 13. Due to the nature of the crime and the age of the victim (15), he was beaten badly every day by prisoners and guards alike. He attempted to end his life by slitting his wrists with a sharp piece of concrete he chipped off the wall of his cell, but failed and was left in a coma in the prison's infirmary. There he was abducted by Moses Maddigan's men and used as the 13th subject of the SHADE project.

The constant pain and the disfiguring nature of his powers finally drove William to complete insanity. He is unstable, vicious, and unreasonable. He is also a serial killer and the most unpredictable and uncontrollable of all the SHADE subjects.

Screenshots:

Rather than screenshots, instead check out this Youtube vid of Thirteen (also a preview of the game).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M74oPUTF6QY

I lied, here's a cool screenshot I took earlier:

Gameplay:

Thirteen is an unpredictable character with a wild fighting style and no real reason to his rhyme. In addition to his standing punches and crouching punches, he also has the spiked versions if you press forward along with the punch button. These versions have longer reach and higher attack power, but are a little slower and don't have as many combo possibilities. While he has no projectiles, a few of his moves have very long range, such as his DF+HK, which is a low dropkick with a spike protruding from one heel. This move reaches slightly over halfway across the screen! He is very balanced if you ask me, and I think has a lot of personality.

Command Moves:

--Lovely Bones - F+LP, MP, or HP
     Attacks with his wrist spikes (LP and MP), or his Eye Spike (HP).

--Crouching Lovely Bones - DF+LP, MP, HP, or HK
     Attacks with his wrist spikes (LP,MP,HP), or his left heel spike (HK).

--Twisted Sister - B+HK
     Thirteen performs a back-spinning roundhouse kick.

--Wicked Spring - DB+HK
     Thirteen's launcher for air combos, a  roundhouse that sends the opponent flying upwards.

Special Moves:

--Blood Simple - D,DF,F,K
     Thirteen leans forward and utilizes the spike on his upper back/spine to attack. A fairly straightforward move.

--Bed of Roses - F,D,DF,P
     Thirteen cuts off a jumping opponent with three long spikes from his spine and shoulder blades, jutting directly upward and slightly out to the sides. Will rarely hit a standing opponent (depends on their size).

--Serial Killer - D,DF,F,P
     Thirteen slides forward while attacking with his wrist spike. Can be repeated similar to Fei Long's Rekka Ken, however only if the sequence of punches used is LP -> MP -> HP.

--Relentless - F,DF,D,DB,B,K
     Thirteen suddenly rushes towards his opponent and grabs them. He then slashes them his wrist spike and tosses them away.

--From Hell - B,D,DB,K
     Thirteen performs a vicious, low, scissor-like swipe of both of his wrist spikes. If timed properly, will negate most projectiles.

--Slaughterhouse - B,D,DB,P
     Thirteen leans in forward and delivers quick elbow shots with his spikes protruding. The stronger the punch button used, the more times he strikes.

--Roaring Elbow - D,DB,B,P
     Thirteen spins around 360 degrees and punishes his opponent with a vicious spiked elbow smash. Can be chained from any successful hit during Slaughterhouse.

Throws:

--No More Screaming - HP+HK
     Thirteen grabs his opponent by the neck and stabs them in the throat with his wrist spike.

Level 1 Super:

--Bleeding Heart - D,DF,F,D,DF,F,K
     Thirteen attacks a jumping opponent with the largest of his spikes, the one in his chest.

Level 2 Super:

--Blood Frenzy - D,DF,F,D,DF,F,P
     Thirteen performs a flurry of forward wrist-spike attacks, stabbing his opponent repeatedly.

Level 3 Super:

--Things Fall Apart - D,DB,B,D,DB,B,P
     Thirteen grabs his opponent, stabs them multiple times, and tosses them into the air, and then impales their descending body with the spikes on his back.

Desperation Move:

--Friday the 13th - B,F,DF,D,DB,B,K
     Thirteen rushes his opponent, grabs them, and holds them up above him, before driving the spike out of his own chest and through his opponents, impaling them completely.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:57:40 pm by SeanAltly
Re: Character Thread: Thirteen
#23  September 19, 2008, 05:28:19 am
  • DAT SAX
So you decided to actually add him to the game then?

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#24  September 19, 2008, 05:35:31 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, the reason is I though the game would be done before him, but I started making good progress on him and decided to finish him and add him. I'll also be adding EX Sabotage, but Zeckle doesn't know that yet, lol.

Download Last Bout now!
#25  September 19, 2008, 05:38:47 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
god dam.. hes looking vicious as hell.
im really liking his super move and winpose.
Also that other character is good aswell.

i noticed that your using mugen defaults hitsparks and hyper sparks, do you plan on making your own or using different types?
#26  September 19, 2008, 05:40:15 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
We plan on using different ones for the finished game. I think Zeckle has someone making them for us.

Download Last Bout now!
#27  September 19, 2008, 08:58:58 am
I'm really excited about this character

curious, do you have a theme song for him?
#28  September 20, 2008, 05:59:49 pm
  • I'm awesome!
that bio is sad and depressing. :'(
I SUPPORT THE EMO hXc SUBCULTURE!!!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
I didn't expect that!
#29  September 20, 2008, 10:23:48 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA

Download Last Bout now!
#30  September 21, 2008, 12:52:15 am
#31  September 21, 2008, 11:48:41 pm
  • I'm awesome!

Final Fantasy 7
I didn't expect that!
#32  September 22, 2008, 06:45:08 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Download Last Bout now!
#33  September 22, 2008, 03:45:26 pm
about the song...
#34  September 22, 2008, 11:21:30 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Oh yeah, sorry, I've been busy that last couple of days.

I like it (though if you want me to 100% brutally honest, I think it gets a tiny bit repetitive), it will fit in with the rest of the music. I'm not sure whether to use it as his stage's music or during his ending. Probably the latter since it's not really a song that inspires fighting. I appreciate that you crafted a song just for one of my characters. Makes me feel like he's something special. How should I credit you in the game's credits?

Download Last Bout now!
#35  September 23, 2008, 01:22:36 am
Oh yeah, sorry, I've been busy that last couple of days.

I like it (though if you want me to 100% brutally honest, I think it gets a tiny bit repetitive), it will fit in with the rest of the music. I'm not sure whether to use it as his stage's music or during his ending. Probably the latter since it's not really a song that inspires fighting. I appreciate that you crafted a song just for one of my characters. Makes me feel like he's something special. How should I credit you in the game's credits?

Yea, It is a little repeative. I actually have the intention to to write to it (and one of my artists).

Email me about credits. Wanna try to work out lyrics before we settle on that -- although that can just be changed.
Re: Character Thread: Thirteen (Updated w/New Special Moves)
#36  September 24, 2008, 01:47:47 am
thats cool so he is gonna be in the game thats good news I like his manical style not too many of those in mugen as far as I seen anyway lol cant wait for this game awesome character ideas and it's own style characters
#37  September 25, 2008, 08:35:18 pm
Nevermind on the lyrics, but I can make some in-game and/or menu music.
#38  September 26, 2008, 02:44:02 am
  • I'm awesome!
im gonna get winrar just to get your characters. they look so fucking awesome!!! Im totally your fangirl.

Final Fantasy 7
I didn't expect that!
#39  September 26, 2008, 03:55:10 am
wow man already on another project you are constantly busy :sugoi:
#40  October 01, 2008, 04:38:23 am
  • Still in Prison...
Yes....gore...death....slash...PERFECT...~downloads~ >:D >:D >:D >:D
...sorry i like horror stuff. ;P

Been Through Worse....