YesNoOk

gouken NOV update released (Read 92322 times)

Started by alexlexus, October 15, 2008, 04:45:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gouken patch# 2 released
#21  October 28, 2008, 10:04:30 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
Alright Alexlexus, you want feedback? You got it!

- His collision boxes are yuck.

Warning: Tons of images ahead.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- First hit of QCF+K has old hit spark.

- Why does he have a power charge? Gouken already gains power insanely fast as it is.

- Shun Goku Satsu is still way overpowered. Gouken can't be hit or grabbed out of it, he's completely invulnerable, and the hit box on it is huge.

- He can have more than one "Horizontal Aerial Hadouken's" on screen at once.

- Aura Blast does no damage and you can't juggle after it... pretty useless.

In my opinion, he has WAY too many moves, especially supers. Ryu and Ken only have 3-4 moves, why the hell does Gouken have so fucking many?

And while your at it, come up with some better names for his moves. Shin Phoenix? Goutetsu's Heavens Rush? Shun Phoenix Satsu? Blitzkrieg?  Wtf... I also noticed in his movelists he has alot of moves that don't even work anymore. But then he's probably better off without them anyways.
#22  October 28, 2008, 11:56:12 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Wild Tengu, I thought you were doing great there for a second up until you came off with the "f*in' this f*in' that" rap.

To quote you; "Ryu and Ken only have 3-4 moves, why the hell does Gouken have so fucking many?" Get this straight, Gouken is the Master, so it's pretty obvious he should know more than just the 3-4 moves he taught Ryu and Ken  ;)

In the first place, I've seen many people post "Final" and "100%" releases before when they were far from finished and never got this type of rant from you or anyone. If the creator thinks it's final, then it's final.

Secondly, I don't know where you're from, but somebody obviously forgot to show you some manners growing up...When something is put up for free grabs, such as Most mugen creations you take it, give feedback then give thanks...Simple as Cake...and listen man, it's great that you point out obvious bugs and mistakes that alex has yet to fix...Yes, it really helps!!! ...but being all negative like that, to the point were you're insulting his creativity (you're actually insulting him) is not gonna fly no more with me.

So now I'm gonna make it plain and simple for you and ask you to fuck off this thread for good. If you don't like the way Gouken is done, either don't bother with it or simply deal with it. There's no real reason why you should be insulting to anyone here (much less alexlexus) because your childhood gaming fantasies are not made the way YOU want them.

So do us all a favor and go jack-off to a goat and rant about elsewhere, bitch-ass.

@ Alexlexus...You've really got to get on those collision boxes, and it's true about him not needing that power charge, but it's your call. Also, I would deal with the damage inflicted by the supers individually one by one so that way the bugs can be sorted out quicker. Best of luck on your next update, man...You're getting there.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:06:01 am by MaxBeta
#23  October 29, 2008, 12:01:28 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
Alright Alexlexus, you want feedback? You got it!

- His collision boxes are yuck.

Warning: Tons of images ahead.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- First hit of QCF+K has old hit spark.

- Why does he have a power charge? Gouken already gains power insanely fast as it is.

- Shun Goku Satsu is still way overpowered. Gouken can't be hit or grabbed out of it, he's completely invulnerable, and the hit box on it is huge.

- He can have more than one "Horizontal Aerial Hadouken's" on screen at once.

- Aura Blast does no damage and you can't juggle after it... pretty useless.

In my opinion, he has WAY too many moves, especially supers. Ryu and Ken only have 3-4 moves, why the hell does Gouken have so fucking many?

And while your at it, come up with some better names for his moves. Shin Phoenix? Goutetsu's Heavens Rush? Shun Phoenix Satsu? Blitzkrieg?  Wtf... I also noticed in his movelists he has alot of moves that don't even work anymore. But then he's probably better off without them anyways.

you did get much better with feedback, still some rough edges with how you come off but much better.
so now i can actually read what you will have to say in the future aside from "why the hell does Gouken have so fucking many?"
a bit too expressive but in any case i will look inot what you said and come to a balance for fixing.

the names of the moves aren't to be even taken seriously when he is really done they are going to be changed.

i removed aot of moves cause there were to many.
people didn;t know waht to dow ith him
so scaling him down is the best thing.

i also forgot to edit the shin sho ryuken voice since
he still sounds like ryu.

nMo new generation of mugen exposure
#24  October 29, 2008, 02:40:34 pm
  • 北斗神拳
    • brunoz-mendes.deviantart.com/
Hes cheap, fast projectiles, that D F + K move is cheap, D B + K looks like theres no gravity law, he should look more natural for a shotokan, would be good if u dont ignore the fact that hes Ken & Ryu Master, I think he could have SF3 gameplay, hit sparks, etc, cause he doesnt fit in any Street Fighter game atm, he only fit into those MvC mugen roster.

I hope someday, you or someone release Gouken with CvS or SF3, or at least Alpha gameplay  :-\
#25  October 29, 2008, 08:56:01 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
well i havent read the last 4 pages and it was probably mentioned but the big portrait isn't aligned right
also maybe use scale on your air hadokens maybe cause they are kind of big
i think this is a great patch either way though

oh yeah sometimes during training mode he just keeps doing the raging demon non stop
Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 09:22:41 pm by oblivion9794
#26  October 29, 2008, 09:50:34 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
well i havent read the last 4 pages and it was probably mentioned but the big portrait isn't aligned right
also maybe use scale on your air hadokens maybe cause they are kind of big
i think this is a great patch either way though

oh yeah sometimes during training mode he just keeps doing the raging demon non stop

fixed the jab not hitting.

fixed the hit boxes for the stances and attack boxes.

and trying to remove some cheap links with out making him gay..

#27  October 30, 2008, 05:13:13 am
i need specifics. i can't fix what i don;t know about.
before posting i need full details like tengu did with pictures of the hits boxes(
go figure tegnu helped just comes off nasty which i HATE).

now if a full out combo into a super cause that then we have to look at the fact
that sucessful combos will hurt the opponent.

combos...doing...DAMAGE??!!?  NOWAI!!!

Send me the latest update when you can, i'll test all the remaining cancels and combos and such (i know you removed alot of them since this last update that they're whining about), and see if we can find a happy medium.  Do you play your mugen on 300% health?  That might be why he's seeing such a big damage loss on his if it's at 100%.
#28  October 30, 2008, 05:14:15 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#29  October 30, 2008, 04:03:18 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Ok, now that technical stuff has been reported, I gotta tell you a thing or two about those palettes...lol

I fixed his gouken2.act palette cuz It's my favorite besides his red garbs.

I'll probably fix the other ones that don't look polished, as well...So if it might save you some work Alex, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Also, I've noticed a lot of these palette problems lie within many mistakes in the spriting, so whenever you weed out the coding part, I advise you to look those sprites over.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 06:53:37 pm by MaxBeta
#30  October 30, 2008, 04:40:51 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Yeah...Back on Topic.

I fixed his gouken2.act palette cuz It's my favorite besides his red garbs.

I'll probably fix the other ones that don't look polished, as well...So if it might save you some work Alex, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Holy crap that looks better.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#31  October 30, 2008, 05:21:39 pm
Bloodriotiori, give it up already. Big Boss owned the shit out of you, so just accept it and move on. Now you're just making yourself look like an asshole. You lost.

ok random mugen guild member that i've never heard of, i'll be sure to do that lol.

On topic:

wow indeed, that does look significantly better, you're welcome to do the other palettes too if you can do that kind of quality, that's really good  :D
#32  October 30, 2008, 05:28:27 pm
    • Peru
That's a very, very good palette. Nice job.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#33  October 30, 2008, 06:42:25 pm
  • I got a PM.
THIS ENDS NOW!!!!!!!!!

I have split all the crap into another topic that will go in all that's left and I will lock that crap.

This is a Forum about Mugen and for Mugen creators and users.

This makes release sections sacred.

No name calling no disrespect will be tolerated in a release.

Feedback is all that should be here.

I don't know about what happens on other forums and don't care don't bring that shit here.

If anyone else shits in a release thread you will get a Ban and I mean a real one. Get it?

On this forum we have made plenty of other places for spam and egos use them.

I also don't care if you people felt authorized because one Mod said that reports won't do anything. Please report this kind of shit this could have been solved a long time ago.

No more, I'm not going to go through a thread line by line again, there will be bans.

Good Luck Alex sorry we didn't do something sooner.
Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 06:56:13 pm by shamrock
#34  October 30, 2008, 06:50:10 pm
not sure if this got removed or not and i don't feel like re-reading what's left but:

- i addressed 3 very noticable cancels with alex, he knows about them now, all of which involve canceling into his dive kick super, all of those should be removed by the next update i would imagine.  Other then dive kick super canceling and dive kick canceling out of certain moves, i can't find any other noticably bad cancels, is there anything else anyone's found?

So other then fixing those things, toning the damage down a bit, and fixing the bug on his dive kick super that for w/e reason lets him sometimes do 8 hits and massive damage, and other times do 17 hits and like NO damage, is there anything else?  Oh and we're also fully aware of the endless fireball spam you can do, i mentioned that to him a while back, hopefully he'll figure out what's causing that for the next one lol :sugoi:
#35  October 30, 2008, 07:05:31 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/

[size=80pt]LOL[/size]

WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#36  October 30, 2008, 07:14:03 pm
  • I got a PM.
Above user and all thousand of of his IP's Banned for 3 days.

Next person gets a month.

Does anyone else want to test this out?
#37  October 30, 2008, 08:07:01 pm
    • Peru

I don't wanna get banned or anything but... nicely done.

Anyway, back on topic: Alex, I have tried to help you out a little by fixing this damage variation in heaven's rush, but... for the life of me, IDK what the hell is making him vary his damage and hit amount like that... my recomendation is do it all over again.

I know supers like that are a pain in the ass, but I just can't see another practical way of fixing this. Here's an advice as well: Don't use posadds, it looks weird (too choppy). Use velsets instead. It might be a bit more bothersome to time correctly, but it sure as hell would look better.

Can't wait for the 3rd patch man, good luck.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#38  October 30, 2008, 08:33:00 pm

I don't wanna get banned or anything but... nicely done.

Anyway, back on topic: Alex, I have tried to help you out a little by fixing this damage variation in heaven's rush, but... for the life of me, IDK what the hell is making him vary his damage and hit amount like that... my recomendation is do it all over again.

I know supers like that are a pain in the ass, but I just can't see another practical way of fixing this. Here's an advice as well: Don't use posadds, it looks weird (too choppy). Use velsets instead. It might be a bit more bothersome to time correctly, but it sure as hell would look better.

Can't wait for the 3rd patch man, good luck.

i agree with you here, i think some of these things just need to be redone, alot are still from the original gouken with the bugs, that's part of the problem i think.  I'm gonna sit down with him on AIM tonight (hopefully), and have him tell me exactly what he's aiming for, and see if we can come up with a better, more simple way of coding it.  Remember alexus, sometimes less is more ;)  So hopefully we can get that fixed up for the next patch :D

And way to go on the ban hammer there shamrock, glad to see you're not messin around :)
#39  October 30, 2008, 09:32:31 pm
    • Thailand
[Feedback]-When you dash if you hold fwd the after image stays on gouken, don't know if that was intended or not but if it wasn't just add a "afterimagetime" in the negative statedefs or something to make afterimage time=0 when your not in that state, also you should do that and rigger it when your movetype=H because i looks sily for the after images to stay on when gouken is hit. i don't know if the last part is a problem but just saying in general.

-I think the Hit sounds are loud in annoying, i'm not saying change them but i don't feel comfortable hitting my opponent becuase of them.

- why is that little flash there before gouken does the shoryuken? when i saw it i though i was doing a hyper move.

-When doing the low punch shoryuken wouldn't it make more sense for the blue energy to be in a high sprite priority than gouken?

-When doing zanketsu hadouken(air hadouken) it doesn't look like oguken is shooting the hadoukens at all, maybe repositioning them can make it look more natural

-the stance when gouken is at full power is misaligned; he moves a little bit fwd during aone or more frames. i haven't counted how many.

-Charging-  i think the charging is too flashy, i think the charging has to much envshake.

-charging - you have control during the charge animation, meaning you can just hold fwd and walk out of it, or just block an attack with even a little recover. not a problem per say but i don't think it's right.

- you can charge even when his power is at it's limit

-as said before by many others and me now: i think you should definitely take your time and go over every single last hitbox gouken has and reduce the number of them to about 1-3. once that done you'll notice when playing MUGEN with him the frame skip won't suddenly slow down, like it does when i do a few moves that don't even have flashy fx or helpers.

-Again the hit sounds for the shinku hadouken sounds unbearable to me. and whats going on when he starts the shinku hadouken? is th earth exploding? my point is that's it's way too flashy in my eyes, just a simple energy charge animation where his hands are and maybe a background of your choice, but everything i saw, could have easily given me a seizure.

-i could go through the flying kicking moves one by one, but i have the same issues with all of them; that is i think the way he projects himself on all of them seems a little to far fetched...also many of the moves are redundant and some just leave gouken open for no reason

-hadoukens look funny without the fade away animation i won't tell you to put those in because goukens .sff is already about to explode anyways.

-speaking of sff how about going through that and cleaning it up? thee are many miss aligned sprites, and from the looks of it some of the sprite aren't used, but maybe they are used im not sure on that one.

-i got something in the debug, i don't know how i got it as i wasn't paying attention during testing but, it saaid something about

"gouken  in state 360 specified negative hit priority", now i don't know what that means. but maybe you should make sure your hitef is in shape. maybe you need a "ceil" in there somewhere.

-gouken has no hitboxes during aura blast, maybe intended i don't know

-the shungoku satsu is... can only be described as ...Ill in my opinion. also the ending for it is riculously long, maybe if it looked prettier i would like to see it evrytime i finished my enemy with it. but not now.

i don't know if anything or everything i've typed has been said before but i typed it anyway.

Take your time to go over everything step by step and i think you should lessen the outcome of inputting a ommnd for gouken to reduce redundancy and increase fluidness. IMO[/feedback]

im half dead from a cold and even more so after typing this.

Cheers,RajaaBoy

#40  October 31, 2008, 04:41:00 am
  • Vital Status: Infected With Virus, will not comply
Message: I must say that i'm sorry and was out of line when I said I would kill you If you continued to update this char, I was basing my knowledge of the char on much earlier versions of gouken not knowing the new, significant edits done in this version, for once I am able to say That I'm looking forward to more updates, anyways Feed back time.

N00bish FeedBack: Although I do not know much of char development or coding here's some easily notable things.

+ I can't tell right off the bat what version I played, but the one I did was very...VERY cheap (countering every single thing I did and sent at him and long hit boxes with overpowered punches/kicks), so it's very nice to see that gouken is now more balanced while still having an impressive A.I.

? You sure It's a good idea to use a tag team system for simul mode?

- Whenever he performs a special move as a finisher, flames will appear and a phoenix will appear, the problem with this is that it goes on for about 10 seconds while he repeats his winning pose/stance about twice before the flames and phoenix dissapears and he does the winning stance again, i'm not sure if this was intended or not but it if it was, then this is one hell of a long finisher.

- As I said before this newer version is much more balanced, however the special where the screen turns black and hit sparks appear everywhere is used by the A.I a bit too much and does way too much damage

- Some custom hitsparks would be very appreciated, Kung fu Man's sparks are just...bleh.

Hope this feedback helps