YesNoOk

Melty Blood Actress Again chars (Read 6714 times)

Started by Helepolis, December 01, 2008, 06:13:33 pm
Share this topic:
Melty Blood Actress Again chars
#1  December 01, 2008, 06:13:33 pm
Ok I got two questions:
I found the melty blood char listing link for mugen and download lots of them. However I seem to have currently three type of Akiha, five types of Nanaya Shiki, three types of Aozaki Aoko, three types of Tohno Shiki etc etc. My question is: how do you know which one from which author: Has a decent AI / almost every possible attack / Dialogues with other MB chars.

Second, so I was tweaking around my own "arcade mode" by configuring chars to appear in order. I decided to fool around with Nanaya shiki (by Toma + Raien Makoto ) def file by giving him the throwing knife (believed to named: Iamp mode). I also altered his AI level to 5 just to see what he does.

After several tries I thought I beated him when he went into this state:

What the hell? Can you even use this attack, if so? How?
Re: Melty Blood Actress Again chars
#2  December 01, 2008, 06:40:26 pm
    • Thailand
Beats me, you could try to see if you could read the readme if it's in english but you probably already tried,

the alternative is to go into the cmd file; RightClick>edit. then read the commands at the top of the file.

D=Down
F=Forward
B=Backward
U=Up

any lower case letters correspond to exactly what they say.

about your AI, well you'll have to test them out to see, really, there other things to do but you should be able to tell just by fighting one of them. Know which Author has decent AI depends on what you think Decent AI is people have different views on that.

:)
#3  December 01, 2008, 06:54:29 pm
Yea I read the full english manual that came with the char. It only explains how to alter his AI level and activate Iamp modes and explaining the basic movements for him. Though nothing is written about his knife throwing version. I would like to know how to activate the state as shown in the screen.

Decent AI, well yes. Should have defined it better. Decent AI for me is one that charges, blocks and uses combos when it got the chance ( counter/stun/shield ). Like most of MB chars I seen are just looking around and attacking now and then. They do block but thats about it.

I also recently discovered that it depends on the oposing char. Example: Akiha Vermillion will act like an idiot vs Popeye / Haruhi or any other non-MB char. But as soon as you pick chars like Hisui, Satsuki she goes berserk. I tried to analyse her files, but since I have 0 knowledge of triggering, all I can conclude is that certain triggers activate upon reading oponnents name + authorname.
#4  December 01, 2008, 07:23:55 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Woah Actress Again characters are out?!

On a serious note, the first thing you need to do (which Rajaaboy strangely neglected to ask) is tell us which characters they are and who authored them. The older Melty Blood characters were developed for DOSMugen so there's a chance you'll have to manually update those to meet WinMugen standards.

Also note that certain MB converters like 9 have unorthodox coding methods that may be incompatible with other characters.
#5  December 01, 2008, 07:41:11 pm
Too much technical words in your post which puts me into utter dumb state. Are MB:AA chars new or something than? How can you notice the difference?

???
#6  December 01, 2008, 08:08:36 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
For one, I was unaware that anyone even ripped stuff for Actress Again. Most of the stuff out there is for Act Cadenza or Re-ACT.
#7  December 01, 2008, 08:24:33 pm
#8  December 02, 2008, 10:23:04 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
1) You could've found the answer out yourself by opening up the .def file and looking at the "authorname" parameter.
2) Toma's version is based on Re-ACT data, not Actress Again.
3) Go into debug mode and take note of what state he's in. Then open up the CMD file, look for the state he's in, and take note of the command name. Then scroll up in the file and see if you can pull off the command that's listed.

Tohno Shiki

#9  December 03, 2008, 02:34:12 am
Ok I got two questions:
I found the melty blood char listing link for mugen and download lots of them. However I seem to have currently three type of Akiha, five types of Nanaya Shiki, three types of Aozaki Aoko, three types of Tohno Shiki etc etc. My question is: how do you know which one from which author: Has a decent AI / almost every possible attack / Dialogues with other MB chars.

Second, so I was tweaking around my own "arcade mode" by configuring chars to appear in order. I decided to fool around with Nanaya shiki (by Toma + Raien Makoto ) def file by giving him the throwing knife (believed to named: Iamp mode). I also altered his AI level to 5 just to see what he does.

After several tries I thought I beated him when he went into this state:

What the hell? Can you even use this attack, if so? How?

first of all thats the AI. only the AI can do that. that makes Shiki nanaya by toma pretty cheap if i remember correctly.

to figure out the characters author check the def file. its basic information of the charater there.

knowing this shiki nanaya by toma and raiden has AI and if you wanna know aoko aozaki by raiden makoto has AI too.

Shiki tohno by Sachyo and Rouge noir has AI but rouge is better. As for akiha. none for now
#10  December 03, 2008, 10:29:07 pm
You two peoples posts clear up alot of things. I'll try to dive into this state thing with the debug mode.

@ Chiba, I was also wonder how it is possible cause MB: Actress Again got released around september no? So its quite new?

@ Tohno Shiki, I do have a Akiha_vermillion by ‡H who has quite a deadly AI. Actually, almost every char from  ‡H have strong AI, but like I said, they only trigger against other MB chars.
#11  December 03, 2008, 10:47:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
afaik, the naomi disc got dumped.

Tohno Shiki

#12  December 03, 2008, 10:48:41 pm

@ Tohno Shiki, I do have a Akiha_vermillion by ‡H who has quite a deadly AI. Actually, almost every char from  ‡H have strong AI, but like I said, they only trigger against other MB chars.

i see. by akiha vermillion is made by 9. 9 characters have Good or so so AI if you know how to set them. *check his shiki nanaya* but i thought you ment akiha tohno. my bad. and thats weird. her AI triggers with only MB charaters?

@ lol dude. there are no MB Actress Again chars. not yet at least.
#13  December 04, 2008, 06:09:41 pm
I do have Tohno Akiha, but like you said it has no AI at all. So she just randomly tries to attack.

In my own Arcade mode, if I play with May and encounter Akiha Vermillion, she just acts normal (Note, her AI is set to 4, very hard in the cns file). Not too stupid but normal. But as soon as I pick an MB char like Miyako, Kohaku, Hisui, Satsuki she goes berserk. Same happens to Hisui and Kohaku, they start doing 12 hit combos in loops. Even if watchmode it occurs.
#14  December 04, 2008, 09:55:52 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#15  December 05, 2008, 04:12:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ok
#16  March 29, 2009, 06:55:01 am
Sorry for being Noobish and stupid to necro this thread....I have an obvious answer  :P

1. While highlighting Shiki_Nanaya Hold START and press an action button..
2. There are 2 selections of japanese text, each having 3 choices, select the 2nd in the 1st tab and the 3rd in the second tab...to "Select" them, press START.
3. This is the command: QCF + START for Stop Motion and QCB + START for Slow Motion...
4. This only works when you don't lose your HP, if you do...the command won't work anymore AND will replace QCF + START with a more superior version of QCF + C....
Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 06:59:12 am by 2007WorldOrder
#17  March 29, 2009, 06:22:43 pm
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands

Tohno Shiki

#18  March 29, 2009, 07:01:55 pm