YesNoOk

MvC Style Ryu....Who's is the most approximate conversion? (Read 12888 times)

Started by XamΣeta, January 28, 2009, 04:34:17 pm
Share this topic:
MvC Style Ryu....Who's is the most approximate conversion?
#1  January 28, 2009, 04:34:17 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Open discussion.

Ryu-X by Limited Moon

Ryu by Scar

Ryu by GGN

MVC2 Ryu by XZero

Ryu/Evil Ryu by Kamekaze

Any others I missed?
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 12:59:38 am by MaxBeta
Re: MvC Style Ryu....Who's is the most approximate conversion?
#2  January 28, 2009, 05:41:01 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I would guess you were looking for the most accurate MvC Ryu... Until I saw some of your chouces...
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#3  January 28, 2009, 06:08:02 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
you missed mvc2 ryu by xzero

it can be found here
#4  January 28, 2009, 06:08:25 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
I would guess you were looking for the most accurate MvC Ryu... Until I saw some of your chouces...

Well, I do have these and have played with them as well. I would like to have feedback from the forums as to which one people here think is the most Accurate as far as MVC playability/controls goes.

you missed mvc2 ryu by xzero

I did, thanks! Added.
Also, I've ruled out Mystik Blaze's Evil Ryu, because it's more a custom edit than MVC style...I just noticed it also lack Super Jump, so yeah.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 06:11:50 pm by MaxBeta
#5  January 28, 2009, 06:17:46 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
i would say go with either kamakaze's or zero's ryu they are both so hard to shoose from XD
#6  January 28, 2009, 06:26:45 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
i would say go with either kamakaze's or zero's ryu they are both so hard to shoose from XD

They are good, but they lack switching between Akuma and Ken modes. Now, I don't exactly remember if Ryu was still able to do this in MVC2 but it's more likely he didn't because Akuma and Ken were included in the char lineup of that game. Also, given that both conversions by XZero's and Kamekaze's are MVC2 style it's understandable if they didn't include these modes of play.

My favorite still, is GGN's even if it's and old char it does retain these two Switching modes faithfully...although the palettes don't change between modes, which is something I will be trying to patch eventually.
#7  January 28, 2009, 08:21:00 pm
    • www.angelfire.com/moon2/ned
GGNs Ryu isnt the most accurate but its the most fun IMO

for accuracy kamekazes is better
#8  January 28, 2009, 08:22:12 pm
My point is that if you want accuracy to MvC  style, why have Vyn's Ryu up there?

You're basically amassing a list of MvC styled Ryu's, regardless of accuracy... And forgot RyuDG.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#9  January 28, 2009, 08:23:35 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#10  January 28, 2009, 08:24:56 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#11  January 28, 2009, 08:27:16 pm
And maybe math skills.

Cenobite 53 said:
#12  January 28, 2009, 11:54:40 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
LOL! He actually used a stopwatch? :lugoi:
My shitty mugen stuff:
#13  January 29, 2009, 01:17:52 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
That's how they measure time at Olympic games, especially on the 100 meter yard competition.
#14  February 23, 2009, 01:05:29 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
My point is that if you want accuracy to MvC  style, why have Vyn's Ryu up there?

You're basically amassing a list of MvC styled Ryu's, regardless of accuracy... And forgot RyuDG.

Well, yeah...after giving your post a look I gave Vyn's Ryu and Evil Ryu a spin and they seem way too customized, so I've taken them down from the list in regards to not having MvC accuracy.

and what do you mean I'm amassing a list? How else would I've open this discussion thread. :P
Good point about RyuDG...he might be MvC style, but he is SF3 sprited, thus violating the first law of accuracy...his looks on screen.

Now I read the whole stopwatch thing....wow.

Anyways, back on topic guys....some of you still lack to mention who you think is the most accurate.

@ Rajaa

I don't know about Xzero's yet, and I'm not one to bash on creators for their chars, but he feels like a beta and seems to be missing things, but it's looking good nonetheless.
Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:09:41 am by MaxBeta
#15  February 23, 2009, 01:25:21 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#16  February 23, 2009, 01:36:48 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
A ruler and a stopwatch: the only tools you need to get accurate velocities

I only used that on sagat. No reason to bring that up here. And i didn't use a ruler either.

Yeah...sorry this thread keeps steering in the wrong direction, but I just want to say you shouldn't be ashamed to use means and ways that work for you towards getting results. If people want to ridiculize your ways, that's their problem...let THEM be stupid about it. You could've used a sand hourglass, but still...you getting results is what counts, right?

BTW, since you're one of the creators of the Ryu(s) in question...would you mind shedding some feedback while you're here?
Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:41:55 am by MaxBeta
#17  February 23, 2009, 03:48:21 pm

and what do you mean I'm amassing a list? How else would I've open this discussion thread. :P

I think you may have read that part out of context. You wanted MvC accurate Ryu's, but after looking at the list, as a joke, I pretty much said you forgot RyuDG in your MvC styled Ryu list.

Cenobite 53 said:
#18  February 23, 2009, 03:55:26 pm
  • Start wearing purple wearing purple ♪
#19  February 23, 2009, 04:56:25 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
not sure what u mean by feedback but my ryu is pretty much the most accurate mvc2 char you'll find today. He was made at the "normal" speed setting in mvc2 which i guess some people don't like cause hes too slow. What they don't realize is that even mvc1 ryu wasn't that fast as say XZero's. I found his to be a bit too fast, but that's just my opinion. Most of those other ryu's I haven't tried but I always wanted N64mario's.

Edit: That screen shot your using for XZero's Ryu is another screen shot of my ryu.  ???
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#20  February 23, 2009, 05:33:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
not sure what u mean by feedback but my ryu is pretty much the most accurate mvc2 char you'll find today. He was made at the "normal" speed setting in mvc2 which i guess some people don't like cause hes too slow. What they don't realize is that even mvc1 ryu wasn't that fast as say XZero's. I found his to be a bit too fast, but that's just my opinion. Most of those other ryu's I haven't tried but I always wanted N64mario's.

Edit: That screen shot your using for XZero's Ryu is another screen shot of my ryu.  ???

that's a bold statement, which paremeters did you get from the game and using which methods ?