YesNoOk

There is no MUGEN Online... (Read 2677 times)

Started by Des, May 25, 2009, 04:31:36 am
There is no MUGEN Online...
#1  May 25, 2009, 04:31:36 am
    • USA
I've been brainstorming for the past few months on how to make an online fighter using characters that are in MUGEN. Its complicated, but I will do my best to explain it. To do this, all of the considering must happen:

1. All MUGEN characters must be balanced in order for fairness. For example, Health:1000. Other stuff like weak, strong and fierce attacks should take away no more than 100 health and specials should not can take away health from 1-500. Im still brainstorming on this.

2. All stages, lifebars, and screenpacks need to be the same.

3. No one hit kill characters. Chibi characters cannot be in the same game as normal sized characters.

4. Characters need a patch to approve them to play online. This approves that they are fair and are not overpowered. These patches are unique and cannot be copied and pasted to other characters.

I dont know, this was just an idea I had in my mind. I 'll try to show you some sketches and storyboards to explain what Im talking about because I am not able to put it all in words.
Re: There is no MUGEN Online...
#2  May 25, 2009, 04:33:32 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
You can't really play Mugen online right now.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#3  May 25, 2009, 04:36:52 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
You can't really play Mugen online right now.

Although it could be possible using something like TeamViewer or some other form of remote desktop software, it would still be impractical.
#4  May 25, 2009, 04:37:13 am
  • I got a PM.
#5  May 25, 2009, 04:39:17 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#6  May 25, 2009, 04:43:13 am
    • USA
Yeah, i know you cant play MUGEN online. Like I said, I was just brainstorming and reading what others would want and like in a online game that has MUGEN characters. Please notice that Im not saying mugen online. I was going to try and experiment with this idea by using Kung Fu Man in a simple 2D fighter software and make it online. Im also trying to increase the resolution from 360 to 720.
#7  May 25, 2009, 07:11:19 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
List of realistic requirements.

Screenpack is bog standard for BOTH players. Front end listing all the characters client and host have in common.

Program is able to compare character files directly. If you've changed ANYTHING the character will not show in the other person's list. New small portrait? Doesn't matter doesn't show.

Does the same thing for stages.

See you can't ask a program to remove all ohko characters because it requires too many variables. Change it so the program confirms both versions are the same before it's a valid choice is simpler from many perspectives. Also, this means if you don't wish to fight against ohko stuff, just remove it from your roster. Or include a stupid comment in the .cns file or something to prevent it's viability. This goes for anything considered imbalanced.

And now insert the "mugen as it is will not be online"

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#8  May 26, 2009, 11:42:20 am
  • rawr
List of realistic requirements.

Screenpack is bog standard for BOTH players. Front end listing all the characters client and host have in common.

Program is able to compare character files directly. If you've changed ANYTHING the character will not show in the other person's list. New small portrait? Doesn't matter doesn't show.

Does the same thing for stages.

See you can't ask a program to remove all ohko characters because it requires too many variables. Change it so the program confirms both versions are the same before it's a valid choice is simpler from many perspectives. Also, this means if you don't wish to fight against ohko stuff, just remove it from your roster. Or include a stupid comment in the .cns file or something to prevent it's viability. This goes for anything considered imbalanced.

And now insert the "mugen as it is will not be online"

i spent about 20 minutes the other day thinking about what sort of things you'd have to do if you could actually GET mugen to be online... pretty much thought of all this stuff too.
it might take a long time to load though if it went through all ur characters and every bit of code to varify it was an exact match for something in it's database...yet there really is no other 100% way to do it. the next best way would be to encrypt character data and then rerelease them as downloads, the game knowing what the encryption key is. if someone hacks it and changes the characters u just ban em
IN a world...
#9  May 26, 2009, 07:15:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
or it can simnply be vs mode.
#10  May 27, 2009, 03:26:40 am
It is possible to make the winmugen.exe file online.
A video driver could be coded and a memory hook system.

The problem with this system that it wont feel smootth when making moves. a connection  more than 100ms will be annoying.

#11  May 27, 2009, 08:25:57 pm
    • USA
I dont know, Im kinda bored just fighting the computer. I would really enjoy testing my skills against other MUGEN players worldwide. I guess this is how common problems are solved: brainstorming.
#12  May 28, 2009, 09:47:08 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Or, you pick up mame32k or kawaks, or ggpo and play some online fighters that way. Mugen skills don't exist at all when you're playing with something someone made up.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#13  May 31, 2009, 05:19:41 am
  • That one guy that said he'd make Suave Dude
    • Canada
    • www.andysmugen.webs.com
team viewer nuff said been there done that buddy jim
My website! (updating soon) :) www.andysmugen.webs.com