YesNoOk

SF4 Champion Edition NES (Read 18051 times)

Started by Lasombra Demon, May 01, 2009, 06:31:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: SF4 Champion Edition NES
#21  May 21, 2009, 08:47:22 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
A simple solution for the parry/projectile dilemma would be to make projectiles 'unparryable'. :p

I think exaclty the opposite: projectiles beeing 'parryable' is less absurd of parrable attacks for everyone.

This reminds the old good days of World Heroes, reflecting the projectile by blocking it on the last moments :)
#22  May 21, 2009, 08:59:38 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
YES, I loved that! But that was more akin to 'Just Defend' more than parry. Plus, Stalong can already bounce projectiles back with a special. And if all chars did that... it would really break the balance when tossed against other chars. I dunno, I just wish all WH chars had that (because most of them are slow and don't have supers). But here, I don't think it fits. :-\

What I am looking for is to make the gameplay as deep as possible without ending up having Guilty Gear with 3 buttons. :p

Another thing is roll/dodge (and roll/dodge while blocking for the cost for a powerbar). Any ideas/comments on this?
It would be really use to reuse the back hop animation with a positive X value and add a NotHitBy for normal attacks.
#23  May 25, 2009, 06:48:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Roll dodge, isnt it putting too much into the system?
maybe you could use special dodging where they drain a third of the bar if you press roll on block. thus avoiding any chip damage from ensuing hits onto the block.
#24  May 27, 2009, 09:18:26 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
it would really break the balance when tossed against other chars.

yeah, you're right.

Another thing is roll/dodge (and roll/dodge while blocking for the cost for a powerbar). Any ideas/comments on this?

You can put the evade roll (done while standing) and Guard Roll, done while you're blocking. Don't think that it needs any power to do.
#25  May 31, 2009, 02:31:25 am
Shitty Game  ;D :sugoi:

GT

#26  May 31, 2009, 03:00:05 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
^^ Shitty Troll Attempt.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#27  May 31, 2009, 03:38:16 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA

GT

#28  May 31, 2009, 03:39:28 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
LOL Hooray 4 Titiln!
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#29  May 31, 2009, 10:03:50 pm
^^ Shitty Troll Attempt.

Been through that already...

@ Infantry
http://forum.mugen-infantry.net/index.php?topic=128143.msg1185281#msg1185281

A MUGEN Fullgame off of a bad pirated game that had nothing to do with the source?

Good luck. You'll need it.

And then...

http://forum.mugen-infantry.net/index.php?topic=128143.msg1186859#msg1186859
Ok, I feel much better about this game.

Everything looks nice...you know, for an edited pirate game. :p

Keep going dude. It looks great so far.

:sugoi:

Musashi is complete now (Conbon is at 10%, should be finished sometime during the next 3 weeks), as are all stages for phase 1. 20 stages all in all, 6 from the original SF4, and the remaining ones made from many NES games, with tons of layers and effects, yet trying to keep the original NES feeling.
I sometimes had to downgrade the graphics, but sometimes I had to upgrade them (some NES pirate roms look so bad it's almost Atari-like). Oh, and there are 5 out of six secret characters ready.

After that, time to fix some rather complex bugs I noticed in one or two things.

Then, I just need to properly implement the Combo (& damage dampening)/Dizzy/Parry/Roll system, fix the velocities (both in hitdefs/attacks and in the animations), tweak & balance all damages & values, edit some sprites (some winposes, stances, and taunts), add sounds*, intros* & special intros* and winposes, then intro* and ending* cutscenes for each char, and intro * and ending cutscene for the game overall...

Then betatesting - fixing all bugs found. Maybe rebalancing stuff if a char is too weak/overpowered.

Then first release. I hope that's before october. Can't promise anything, though.

* items are optional; I won't do 'em yet if I have no time.

Thanks for the feedback!
#30  June 15, 2009, 03:01:31 am
Ok, now, all stages ready, all secret charas (for now) ready, and...

Conbon is finished!

That means...

Yes! The roster for phase 1 is complete!

:D
#31  June 15, 2009, 07:01:37 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
From the screenshots, I can only say that I am rather fond of the NES 3-color-palette-limit sprites - they give this game a very retro feel, like an NES Mario hack or something.
#32  June 16, 2009, 03:21:33 am
Erm, the NES actually could display more than 3 colors per sprite.

# Color: Colors Displayed: 16
# Colors Available: 52
# Sprite Colors: 4 per Sprite from the 52 possible

http://www.games4nintendo.com/nes/specs.php
http://ahefner.livejournal.com/11670.html
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=215169
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System

Not that it really matters, anyways, since I'm mostly editing NES sprites and carefully not adding more colours. ;)

Anyways, thanks for the support. More stages coming soon (decided I'll have similar versions of the same stages in different timesets/weather to add some more diversity yet keep a familiar feel on the stages, like the first Fatal Fury games).
System Ideas
#33  June 21, 2009, 02:59:02 am
Double post.
1 and a 1/2 more stages ready, but that's not the most important thing here. This post is about the game system I've decided to implement.

-Combo system: Already mentioned that Jumping atks will be cancellable into Standing atks. Crouching atks will be cancellable into Standing atks. Punches are cancelled into kicks. Of course, infinites will be forcefully prevented.
A 'Diversity Bonus' is added taking into account combo commands and lenght. The more different, the more power is added to your bar after you finish your combo.
Throws will be combo-able, to keep some of the game's original feel.

-Stun Points: Guard and 'normal' Dizzy points are shared. So, blocking excessively/getting hit too much leads to the same results; your char starts glowing, warning you're gonna get Dizzy.

-Advanced Parry Counter: Parry (push forward when opp attacks) and push a button to get different results:
*Punch leads to perform a special attack, character-depending.
*Kick leads to perform a crouching kick attack (trip).
*Strong Smash leads to perform a mix between a 'Just Defend' and an 'Advancing Guard'. Opponent gets pushed away and you win some life.

-Desperation Crash: When under 25% of your life,
*You can use 1 powerbar to perform any super,
*Adv Parry Counters cost only 250 power,
*And Powerbar slowly autofills itself.

I've decided to leave Dreamcancels out.

Whaddaya think?
#34  June 23, 2009, 01:02:54 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Throws will be combo-able, to keep some of the game's original feel.
Does this mean you can combo after a throw, or that you can end a combo with a throw ?

Stun points : yeah, why not. Guarding or getting hit proves you're bad, might as well get punished the same way. :P

-Advanced Parry Counter blablabla
From the Desperation Crash text, this Adv. PC uses 1/2 or 1 powerbar right ?
Looks a bit like button smashin, makes sure to keep the input window little.
In fact, this looks like Zero Counter very much, why not using the B,DB,D+p/k command ?
#35  June 23, 2009, 05:16:50 pm
Does this mean you can combo after a throw, or that you can end a combo with a throw ?
Ending combos with throws (throws being performable within any moment of a combo when any other move could be performed, except in air). Comboing after a throw would involve too much juggling, which I personally don't like that much.

From the Desperation Crash text, this Adv. PC uses 1/2 or 1 powerbar right ?
Looks a bit like button smashin, makes sure to keep the input window little.
In fact, this looks like Zero Counter very much, why not using the B,DB,D+p/k command ?
It doesn't involve ANY button mashing. Pretty much the opposite (techinque > speed). It will cost 1 or 1/4 Powerbar (depending on lifebar), and I've decided to not make it like Zero counter to require much more on the part of the defending player. Anyone can pull a Zero Counter while safely defending, you have to be a bit more skilled and take a greater risk to pull a parry a la SF3- adding a powerbar cost will avoid it being abused, while adding a bit more of functionality will keep it from being worthless altogether.

Thanks for the feedback!
#36  June 24, 2009, 08:27:04 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
This looks interesting, keep up the good work.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#37  September 02, 2009, 09:25:04 am
Bump. Time for updates. :)

24 stages ready. That should do it for now. Some bugfixes, but more than anything, I've been working on my template for the game system.

-Combo system is implemented in all chars.

These have been implemented quite clumsily in just one char, and I still have to test this thoroughly, but hell, it looks good.

-Parry Counter: Press punch + kick + a direction a few moments before an attack to flash blue, spend 1000 powerbar, and:

Back: Put distance between you and your enemy

Down: Trip your enemy

Forward: Do your char's designated special counter attack (a la SFA)

-Combo recording: has been a bitch, and is probably quite glitchy, but it is pretty much what I can achieve with my current coding level. (Combo Length + Difference in hits) x 50

-Guard Crush/Dizzy: defending player will flash red the hit before getting crushed and dizzied.

Making this work with chars outside the fullgame was quite a challenge, but I liked it better than the Combo recording thingy. :P

There is still a lot to do, but I think I'll be able to meet my October deadline for a beta with at least one polished and balanced char and a pretty solid template.

Thanks everyone for your support!
#38  September 02, 2009, 03:35:22 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
wait back moves back but foward doesnt move foward?
nvm misread
anyway this looks like its coming along well

also what do you mean by combo recording thingy?
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan