YesNoOk

Chun Li by rkMugen (September 09/09/2009) (Read 6940 times)

Started by rkmugen, September 10, 2009, 07:53:57 am
Share this topic:
Chun Li by rkMugen (September 09/09/2009)
#1  September 10, 2009, 07:53:57 am
  • 7|-|ê ®è©£ü§É
    • www.youtube.com/rkmugen
After so many intense changes in my real life (some sorrowful, some joyful, some unexpected), I have decided to release Chun Li before adding in any updates to her SFA mode.  So the majority of the update focuses on her Tatsunoko vs Capcom features and general bug-fixes..... and of course a most excellent metal cover of Chun Li's theme, kindly provided by MetalKad of YouTube.

DEMO VIDEO TO BE POSTED AT A LATER DATE
(i'm on a back-up computer that doesn't have Snag-It & other video tools)

I humbly present to you all the latest changes for Chun Li by rkMugen for 09/09/2009!!!

Ability updates:
*added her ability to do a backwards air-dash, a-la Tatsunoko vs Capcom
*added an ability for her to air-dash forward after gripping the wall.
*added the ability to do mid-air Tenshokyaku (rising kick)
*added the ability to do mid-air Spinning Bird Kick (helecopter kick)
*added ability to throw more than one fireball at a time while in Stealth Mode.
*added another variant of her jumping light kick when her horizontal velocity is not zero (hold diag-up+LK)
*disabled her ability to throw/grab opponents while in stealth mode to make things fair
*better air-combo system... opponent follows P1 better after each hit in an air-combo.
*disabled her taunt reaction as this created somewhat of an annoyance to some players

Resources and coding updates:
*added some Tatsunoko vs Capcom sounds and voice samples!!!
*added some noticeable special effects graphics improvements (inspiration: P.o.t.S)
   -alpha counter lightning
   -an experimental spiral for her 2nd Level super fireball...
   -a blurred leg sprite for her flipping axe kick
   -Capcom Vs SNK 2 style fireball for her stealth mode
   -Particles for her SNK power charge
   -a decent background for her air-demon (finally)
*added some get-hit animations and a guard-crush animation... FINALLY!
*tweaked her level 1 and level 2 super fireballs with an experimental vacuum improvement...
*tweaked some timings for her standing fierce punch and crouching kicks.
*tweaked the speed of her flipping axe kicks
*tweaked the animation and position of her taunt and her "Gomen ne!" win-pose
*tweaked her air-demon/7-star kick so that player 2 slowly moves away from Chun's body after receiving a successful hit
*tweaked some guard velocities... when enemies block her hard punches and kicks, they get pushed back a bit further, giving them just a little more room to counter or evade
*tweaked the command for her kick-throw so that you can perform it when holding BACK+HK

Repairs:
*repaired an annoying bug... If Psylocke (striker/helper) gets hit by the Level Super 3 Fireball, the particles will no longer follow Chun Li (player 2 or computer).
*repaired her invulnerability to being hit while she's performing some basic (non-special, non-super) attacks
*repaired her super sparks. Consider that Player 2 is cornered.  So, if she combos out of a normal punch and into her super fireball, but she's pushed away by the corner-push variable, the super spark will now follow her hands correctly

Special Additions:
*got special permission to use -AND INCLUDE- a "metal" cover of Chun's theme, performed by metalkad (of YouTube)

Also, please visit my YouTube channel for the upcoming demo video and any other future updates for Chun Li.
{http://www.youtube.com/rkmugen}
Re: Chun Li by rkMugen (September 09/09/2009)
#2  September 10, 2009, 02:13:23 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
-throws dont look right.
-hk>17 head stomps>7star kick super
-hk throw from corner > hk(infinite)
Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:30:36 pm by c001357
#3  September 10, 2009, 07:18:40 pm
  • 7|-|ê ®è©£ü§É
-throws dont look right.
-hk>17 head stomps>7star kick super
-hk throw from corner > hk(infinite)

Throws:  How so?  I mean, they haven't changed much since 2008 aside from some minor coding cleanup...

Repetative Head Stomps:  Yeah, this one is kinda hard for me to work out a solution... since after each head stomp, the remainder of the animation is naturally very short... only 2 or so frames to transition back to her downward animations (depending on whether or not she has a positive, negative, or zero Vel "X" value).  This means that as soon as the animation is over and control is returned, she can immediately perform another head stomp.  I have to admit, after 2 years of poring at this, I have no solution.

HK throw to HK (infinite):  Well................  I was under the impression that people were going to put in their own characters the ability to "recover" from the hit while still in mid-air.  I -could- increase her corner-push vel.offset so that Chun gets pushed away after doing the HK to an opponent whose back is facing the corner edge of the screen............................... but then again, as soon as Chun's HK animation is over, she is naturally able to walk towards the edge of the screen in time towards the enemy to kick them again............  so again, I'm stuck.   :-\

If i knew the exact numerical values to use for her hit velocities, i'm sure 2 out of the 3 of these issues could be resolved.  But as I don't know how to hack roms to get those values and much less would i really care to do just that, I'm happy with just going with what feels like it "sorta" fits with the MvsC/TvsC style.  But again, feel free to edit her however you like.

If you by any chance come up with a "patch" that will address with one or more of these issues, feel free to post them.  I might even incorporate them on the next release if the majority also agrees with your findings.
#4  September 10, 2009, 08:24:13 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Repetative Head Stomps:  Yeah, this one is kinda hard for me to work out a solution... since after each head stomp, the remainder of the animation is naturally very short... only 2 or so frames to transition back to her downward animations (depending on whether or not she has a positive, negative, or zero Vel "X" value).  This means that as soon as the animation is over and control is returned, she can immediately perform another head stomp.  I have to admit, after 2 years of poring at this, I have no solution.
Have a var controlling how many head stomps were done => reset it every time she enters a landing state => don't let Chunners do stomp if var > whatever value => ??? => Profit!

HK throw to HK (infinite):  Well................  I was under the impression that people were going to put in their own characters the ability to "recover" from the hit while still in mid-air.
And they should. If they don't add it, they ought to give their char invincibility while falling. You needn't fix anything here.
Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:37:11 pm by Lasombra Demon
#5  September 10, 2009, 09:38:10 pm
  • 7|-|ê ®è©£ü§É
You know, I think I'll probably have it like this:

Chun will still be able to do repeated headstomps, but

Chun (mid-air) + Opponent (mid-air):  One head stomp will push Chun forward and the enemy away from Chun normally for the next move.  However, if the next move happens to be another successful head stomp, instead of any other mid-air attack, it will push Chun backwards, away from the enemy and Chun will not have attack button control until she either lands or the player performs a mid-air jump or some kind of mid-air dash.  But after lets say that after a headstomp is performed on a mid-air opponent and if the next attack is anything aside from a headstomp, she will still maintain her forward momentum.

Chun (mid-air) + Opponent (ground):  The 1st head stomp will push Chun and the enemy away from Chun.  Every headstomp after that will also push them in the same direction, unchanged until the enemy's back reaches the edge of the screen.  At that point, the next headstomp will push Chun away from the opponent's side of the screen.

#6  September 11, 2009, 04:09:27 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357

intentional?
#7  September 11, 2009, 09:26:39 pm
  • 7|-|ê ®è©£ü§É
intentional?

What?  Chun flashing once, only for a brief moment after reaching full power after doing her charge?  Yes, it is intentional.  Why?  You don't like it?  -I- like it and still do... so that's why I kept it in there.

(for everyone else wondering:  she's supposed to go back to her normal palette color after she's done charging).
#8  September 14, 2009, 09:59:06 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
I like this Chun-Li, but there are a few things that concern me.

- Aside from 'Sichisei Senkukyaku' why does level 3 'Hazan Tenshokyaku' do considerably more damage then the other level 3 supers?
- I like the glass shattering, but feel it should only be for level 3 supers.  Having her do a dinky Level 1 Kikoshou w/glass shatter seems a little bit over the top.  Since TvC had over the top supers, I figure the level 3 variations would suit it best.
- Her comboing is nuts.  So much that if you start with HK 'Spinning Bird Kick' or 'Hazan Tenshokyaku' near the corner, you can rack up a lot of hits and a lot of damage.  The thing, though, is that you can't do the same thing over and over again as eventually it looks to not let you.  So, you have to mix it up.  Nonetheless, if you know what you're doing, you can take all the life in one combo

I ended it with 'Sichisei Senkukyaku' (and life was set to 120%).

Don't know if you intentionally wanted it like this.