YesNoOk

Download MUGEN--- LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13 (Read 6662004 times)

Started by Garuda, September 22, 2009, 09:16:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elecbyte is back? New version of M.U.G.E.N. released...
#121  September 22, 2009, 03:47:14 pm
How about all the future characters that will be better and will be able to do more better stuff ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

M79

#122  September 22, 2009, 03:47:50 pm
  • Cranky smile of doom!
    • www.epforums.org/
Runs fine on my PC. The specs are: Intel Dualcore 2.6ghz CPU, 1 gig of ram, and an onboard (shut up) video card. OS = XP Pro SP3 (an edited 'performance edition' version of XP Pro).
I'm in your computerz.......lurkin' ur internetz.
#123  September 22, 2009, 03:48:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Byakko, remind yourself that they never saw a jump from a version to the next one, this is a bit bewildering for people that never saw one like so.

I still think , from the documentation, that there might be a way to make them all work properly by changing some parameters and adding a few ones
#124  September 22, 2009, 03:48:48 pm
A good developer must find way on how to incorporate old decent capabilities together with the new decent ones.
#125  September 22, 2009, 03:49:38 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
HOLY MOTHER!!!!

I've tried to run it on CrossOver (mac), but no good. I'll make more tries.
#126  September 22, 2009, 03:49:48 pm
  • DAT SAX
Oh, just realized, I have WinXP SP3.

Yeah. Windows Error. :blank:

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#127  September 22, 2009, 03:50:04 pm
Does it work like WinMugen Plus? Are hi-res and low-res characters, hi-res stages, hi-res lifebar, hi-res screen pack supported?
#128  September 22, 2009, 03:50:53 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
A good developer must find way on how to incorporate old decent capabilities together with the new decent ones.

When they cant, they compromise.
Old triggers are sometimes deleted as new ones are made to replace them, its just how it goes with "in development" engines.

#129  September 22, 2009, 03:52:14 pm
  • corner push pusher
Holy hell....did not expect to wake up this morning to find elecbyte resurrected. AWESOME!

Late to the party but yeah, it's laggy as hell. This is one of those times where I wish I didn't kill off my MUGEN collection (can't test out the bells and whistles with some key oldschool fighters and stages now). :(
#130  September 22, 2009, 03:54:29 pm
  • Start wearing purple wearing purple ♪
At this point too much stuff has been created... I guess if the only way is to update all then it can't be helped, but if it could be avoided it would be good too.

(I tried Luis's stuff and it works. Ibukah's, no go and gave me an CNS error)

Ibukah's stuff had lots of code errors before too (and maybe still has) make sure that you got the last versions of those characters from the creator's page first. And I don't say it with any bad intentions but maybe everyone should try to use less buggy characters if you plan to give error reports.

Also (just saying it because that mugen runs for some and doesn't for others) mugen is very sensible to viruses, spywares and small comp errors in the registry. I'd suggest to clean your comp from spyware and crap and then running a registry error cleaner (Maybe even run it offline in safe mode)

Something like:
http://www.amltools.com/
http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

Mugen starts working again for many people after doing that. Who knows if this new version of mugen is even more sensible to registry errors.

I can't run it. My specs:

PIV 3.06 ghz
Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT with 256 mb RAM
2GB RAM
Windows XP Service Pack 3

I tried 640x480 and OpenGLScreen

It's run slow as hell and I only see black screen...

But I'm so happy because of Elecbyte is back. I hope RC2 will be better for me, and in next few days I recieve Core 2 Duo 7600 so maybe it will change something.

Yeah, yours sounds more like a video card incompatibility or something.
#131  September 22, 2009, 04:02:03 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Seems like a waste to throw away what's been made for a new style.
#132  September 22, 2009, 04:05:23 pm
I FEEL BETRAYED
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#133  September 22, 2009, 04:05:42 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
Great to see an official MUGEN project up and running again.  But, I'm afraid I'm going to wait a bit before jumping on this new version.  I stuck with DOS MUGEN back in the day because there was more content for it than for WinMUGEN.  So, unless this version surpasses WinMUGEN+ in terms of content, I'll stick with WinMUGEN+.  Though I can't wait to see some of the new features in action.
#134  September 22, 2009, 04:06:13 pm
    • Poland
Yeah, yours sounds more like a video card incompatibility or something.

But KOD have the same graphic card (with more RAM but still) and it works on him, so I don't think it's a issue. I turned off my firewalll and Antivitus. No changes  :-\ From what I've seen all peole who run it perfectly have Core 2 Duo or something and I have old Pentium IV 3,06 ghz so maybe this is a problem. Luckly I ordered new CPU few days ago. I should get it soon.

About new stuff well people are not that sensitive about edits & permissions so some people will make patches for old chars (like those backward dos patches by electrocaid). Maybe someone make some tool which even simplify the process ? We will see. Mugen was released pretty often when Elecbyte was active and it wasn't big problem. People updated their stuff so this time it will be that too, I'm sure of that.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16

BC

#135  September 22, 2009, 04:06:22 pm
    • UK
well eat my arse out and call me brenda........ i was not expecting this.

;D
Accepting commissions
#136  September 22, 2009, 04:08:17 pm
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
so, when are we gonna have a massive use of this 'new' engine? 3 years? 2?
#137  September 22, 2009, 04:10:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
haha

It's funny seeing people complain AGAIN about the changes. Just use 2 versions of MUGEN =p

This happens every time there are updates to the engine. And it will more than likely happen again. That's why it's always good to have your version number clearly stated on your website and/or in your readme.

I need to see if they have a donate link. I still owe them some cash since I was too late back in 2003 when I finally decided to donate.
#138  September 22, 2009, 04:11:16 pm
  • corner push pusher
#139  September 22, 2009, 04:11:27 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#140  September 22, 2009, 04:13:10 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
People hate change.

Read "lazy to bother".