YesNoOk

ShugenDo... (Read 16109 times)

Started by SakirSoft, September 24, 2009, 09:07:31 pm
ShugenDo...
#1  September 24, 2009, 09:07:31 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Okay i think the whole community noticed the comeback of elecbyte.
Since then some question raised.
Like what will happen to the ShugenDo development. Whats the future of ShugenDo`? Where it will go.

I will write a post about them in the next days.
What i can say right now is this.

I will not stop the development of ShugenDo.
Here you can find ShugenDo
www.sakirsoft.com
Re: ShugenDo...
#2  September 25, 2009, 08:33:16 am
  • and the show goes on
That's good ;)
made of ripped hearts waving far away,
only my memory stays still, as i say.
Looking to sky,
oh, how many people wished to fly?
i don't know,
beacuse life's harshness is a mainpart of god's show
#3  September 25, 2009, 12:00:36 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
that's excellent!!  ;D
            Zorf Giudecca
#4  September 26, 2009, 05:18:15 am
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
Would be a shame if u did, u made some great progress for u not to have the source code.
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#5  September 26, 2009, 08:04:06 pm
Good Job man.

I still support shugendo 100%, because it's good to see original content when it come's to a brand new fighting game engine with no hacks or patches or moving backwards in time. Mugen might be back, but sadly I think they are going to lesson to the people that still want to move backwards and not forward with new features and not focus on full games creators.

Luckly shugendo would focus on full game creators ,and I'm pretty sure full game creators are going to support shugendo for their games.. Keep up the good work.
Mvc2 player!
#6  September 26, 2009, 11:17:34 pm
    • Poland
Mugen might be back, but sadly I think they are going to lesson to the people that still want to move backwards and not forward with new features and not focus on full games creators.

While I'm fully respect you for your support that you have for ShugenDo and Mugen, I find your opinions (I mean all your post here, On ShugenDo & Elecbyte Forums) pretty annoying. You are fully open for new stuff which is right and cool, because I am for it as well, but your whole negative attiude of "screw backward compatibility" or "All old chars are limited, bad and broken" is not making you friend in me. You count Reu, Pots, Fervicante, Loganir, Vans, Taruse, Aiduzii, Borghi and alot other creators stuff too ? If you do you are ignorant... You can't throw everything into the bag with title "bad, old, useless" because it unfair for all people who love and enjoy their stuff after all those years. If this means to you being modern and stepping into the future, then no thanks, I'll pass. I prefer to be called "old schooler" (which I'm not) or "old-fashioned" than be so called modern obsessed with only new things.

If all people would be like you they wouln't be able to learn on the past. If something is new, it doesn't mean it's better you know.

Luckly shugendo would focus on full game creators ,and I'm pretty sure full game creators are going to support shugendo for their games..

You might say who is your source of that statement ? Seriously there is only few full games in Mugen, because it takes time to do them. Like months or years. If ShugenDo would be more full game focused it wouldn't be soo good, because community would be smaller. I mean even if you simplify the process it still takes months of work and not much people is willing to do so.

If you mean compilations they are bad, because of coding/sprite/gameplay clashes. I can't imagine full game with different sprites or coding for each characters.

If you seek fighting game for full game try Fighter Maker and next time try post your statement with proofs.  

I hope you are not feel offended. If you feel I am sorry. I just couldn't resist and I had to reply, and even if my post is bit too harsh.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#7  September 27, 2009, 06:44:45 am

I hope you are not feel offended. If you feel I am sorry. I just couldn't resist and I had to reply, and even if my post is bit too harsh.

To be honest I enjoyed it.  Some statements I agree with some I don't. Hell this is a forum, different arguments can only make things better for a open discussion, trust me there's a alot of people that think the way I do and like yourself on the subject . I would quote each statement in full detail but I'm seriously not in the mood at the moment, and I will just be repeating myself. So yea.... maybe I'll do a few.

. If ShugenDo would be more full game focused it wouldn't be soo good, because community would be smaller. I mean even if you simplify the process it still takes months of work and not much people is willing to do so.

Technically the size of the community would most likely split up into teams,followed by individual projects, Which will help build a community. The large community you speak of when it comes to mugen, the majority are just lechers that spends 100% downloading every character they can find and collect. So, the size of the community wouldn't shift the way you are thinking, it will only enlarge more creators,you will still have those lechers, but at least you will have a decent amount of new creators being motivated

You might say who is your source of that statement ? Seriously there is only few full games in Mugen, because it takes time to do them. Like months or years.

True, but in most cases the reason full games in mugen are always not completed is the of lack of new features. Mugen is very limited, so alot of times creators of full games have to do alot of advance coding that's still unstable, just to make things look presentable altogether, so that it won't look like the typical mugen game with a bunch of characters thrown in with a screenpack.

t. If something is new, it doesn't mean it's better you know.

I never said new is flat out better just because it's new, all I'm saying, focusing most of the time on the new things will only help the old things in the long run, because progress would have been made. Plus, when it comes to people that exactly want to make a full game, it builds motivation to get the job done.

I find your opinions (I mean all your post here, On ShugenDo & Elecbyte Forums) pretty annoying.

Don't be offended, but I can care less.Plus, that's the problem with some people,there to afraid to say anything because they don't want people on the internet that they will never meet,be mad at them or flame them, which won't help anything because even in open arguments they sit back in the cunt, and let others speak for them.It's pretty funny when you think about it. But when you look at the big picture, although we have different opinions,we are still part of the same community and support the same projects. So, look at it this way, I might be a pain is the ass, but there are bits of pieces of my post and your post will still be broken off into 2 separate reasons that are right and wrong in some ways.

Btw, I think reu creations are great,  I can still guarantee some dedicated fan will convert characters like that the new mugen anyways. That's a no brainier. It's bound to happen sooner or later.
Mvc2 player!
Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 07:47:14 am by Jill Val
#8  September 27, 2009, 02:53:43 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
Thank you guys for your support. I am realy appricating it.
I will try to be more active to give you guys some feedback.
www.sakirsoft.com
#9  September 27, 2009, 08:34:54 pm
Okay i think the whole community noticed the comeback of elecbyte.
Since then some question raised.
Like what will happen to the ShugenDo development. Whats the future of ShugenDo`? Where it will go.

I will write a post about them in the next days.
What i can say right now is this.

I will not stop the development of ShugenDo.
That sounds good but why not you and Elecbyte combine ShugenDo and Mugen together to make one big fighting engine
#10  September 27, 2009, 09:51:11 pm
    • Poland
They have different goals, different vision, and different progress. So far Mugen is more advanced so I don't think elecbyte would use ShugenDo. Of course they could use Sakir's knowledge, but I doubt they need more programmers.

Besides I doubt that Sakir will be give up on his project. He worked on it for past few years (IIRC since 2004) I don't think it's gonna happen. I support both projects equally but I find Sakir more trustworthy. I mean they back after 6 years of absence, and they can be gone in every moment again. After I spended some time as betatester of ShugenDo and I talked with Sakir alot, I can be 99% (1% is for unpredictable cases like death etc.) sure it doesn't happen with ShugenDo and Sakir will continue no matter what, maybe sometimes slowly, but quality counts not quanity. BTW someone knows the story about how slow turtle beated super fast bunny in the race ? I find analogy here.

"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#11  September 29, 2009, 03:18:13 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
yeah, also I don't think Sakir would be motivated to just be a part of mugen, or getting "orders" since he has made all this by himself and just for a kind of hobbie...

dude, keep the good work, a lot of us will wait for your final version  ;)
            Zorf Giudecca
#12  September 29, 2009, 09:01:31 pm
    • www.sakirsoft.com
yeah, also I don't think Sakir would be motivated to just be a part of mugen, or getting "orders" since he has made all this by himself and just for a kind of hobbie...

Currently i do not see how we could work together. Until now we had no contact with each other.
Its true that i have some knowledge about the mugen engine. Over the years i can sense how it works ;)
Its funny to see some of there new concepts like compressed images that i also tested those concepts to reduce memory usage.

Also i highly doubt that they want me in their team. And i think we have different visions of a fighting engine.
www.sakirsoft.com
#13  September 29, 2009, 10:45:38 pm
  • and the show goes on

Currently i do not see how we could work together. Until now we had no contact with each other.
Its true that i have some knowledge about the mugen engine. Over the years i can sense how it works ;)
Its funny to see some of there new concepts like compressed images that i also tested those concepts to reduce memory usage.

Also i highly doubt that they want me in their team. And i think we have different visions of a fighting engine.

and that's why i want to keep two stable beat'em-up engines ;)
made of ripped hearts waving far away,
only my memory stays still, as i say.
Looking to sky,
oh, how many people wished to fly?
i don't know,
beacuse life's harshness is a mainpart of god's show