Posted by jaede_ in Happy Halloween! (2023) (Started by DeathScythe October 31, 2023, 02:06:34 PM
Board: All That's Left
Board: All That's Left
I know this has been emotional for both of us and there's some other things we discussed privately that I won't mention here out of respect, unless you're fine with it. But as I already explained to you in private, this has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. I apologize for not having confided this in you sooner since you were really the only person in the community that I considered a close and trustworthy friend, and I regret not having done so out of fear of being ostracized for sticking out like a sore thumb due to having some unpopular opinions.
I see it as a similar situation to hiding and/or destroying bottles of alcohol belonging to a person who is clearly an alcoholic; there is no malice behind it, it's an act of love: a desire to will the greater good of the person.
The main reason why just defend usually works is primarily because it's usually there when there's no other way to gain meter
Something about the move just feels off. I can't tell if it's too good or too bad. It reminds me of Dio's 623 with stand on for some reason, which people only used on accident or for kicks. It's kind of like a knowledge check after which it becomes a free punish.
- Normal throw sprite layering seems wrong when she circles around P2
- Insignificant but this description in the readme is confusing: "B + B it's Back Plus B". I mean the description itself is clear, but you could probably use lower case for buttons (or numbers for directions)
- Butt Attack seems a bit stacked in terms of special properties. Overhead + Stagger + Forces stand
- Stagger property might look less static for P2 if you player their animations with a bit different timing
- On that note they should probably cause Light/Medium/Hard animation according to the normal that caused it. Or just Flat out Hard would make more sense than Light
- Rekkas require deliberately delaying the input because of the super cancel
- You went out of your way to make 236C less safe, but then 236C, 236A makes it much safer. I guess my point is that followup is too safe for a second rekka
- Something about the rekkas makes them feel slow. Not sure if hitpauses or animation timing of the followups
- Light and medium Magic Circle could have faster startup, i.e. spend less time teleporting
- Ground Stake of Pride being fully invulnerable feels like too much since she spends a long time in that dash. I want to punish her without having to block first
- I think it'd feel a bit better if the back dash was faster and it defaulted to doing nothing, with the attack coming out if you press anything
- Unpopular opinion maybe but air Stake of Pride hitboxes seem too good. You're kind of forced to block it, and then she's usually very safe after it
- I think Guard Cancel input could be simpler since you already have a sort of dedicated button for it
- Readme supers should be listed after specials and before system
- Air light and mediums feel flipped in terms of animations
- Death Drill does not mention the fact it has to be done in the air
- Wallsplat leaves P2 partially outside the screen
- Sounds 210,1 and 135,47 are called but don't exist. A few others too. Just let her AI fight in Ikemen for a bit and they'll show up as debug messages
- I'm not sure how to put it, but it feels like her 3rd Rekka allowing super cancels anywhere makes her a bit too straightforward
Osaka, Patolitoe II and Satsukong still have the state 5030 bug in their common files.
Any plans on giving Tamaki an AI somewhere in the future?
[State 9004, 9]
type = DestroySelf
triggerall = ishelper;
trigger1 = vel x >= 0
trigger1 = frontedgedist < -90
trigger2 = vel x < 0
trigger2 = backedgedist < -90