Posted by Niitris in KoF XV (Started by Magma MK-II December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 PM
Board: Fighting Games
Board: Fighting Games
I like the new characters in XIV. They give KoF a nice, modern flavor to mix in with the older, legacy cast.
thanks Ned! totally agree with you, animations is pretty hard at the moment, keyframes, and timing is hard to fit the style for me, and positions sometimes is hard to create to, moving bone by bone, this Angel is just study, i improve it a bit, but sure i don't go to finish any move, i will finish Sakura and update it slowly on next days, updating moves and frames as i can, i receive permission from Varo Hades to use her Sakura and make a sprite swap and some changes, so, she will be playable in pots
2. The Overcharge is a bit lackluster compared to Akuma's. I'd suggest making it ground bounce (or whatever it's called), allowing for a juggle afterwards.I messed with a ground bounce property but it looked silly to me. I know people will think a single hit move would underwhelming. But I didn't want to make juggle combos that feel out of character. Balancing character/game integrity with fun can be tricky. Almost any other KoF character (Robert definitely) would feel natural with a wall bounce/ground bounce/launcher.
Level 1: Short Command (e.g. QCF/HCB) then 2p/k. Level 2: Long Command (e.g. QCFx2/QCF,HCB) then p/k. Level 3: Long Command then 2p/2k.Thought about doing that, definitely considering doing it that way.
I'm having trouble performing some of Ryo's that use DP and HC commands in particular, which I have a feeling may involve it having misplaced command priority. Also, the final hitsound from Ryuuko Ranbu still plays even if said last hit whiffs, although I personally think this move should force P2 into a standing custom state so that all hits connect when comboing off a juggle.- Yeah it was command priority stuff, fixed (I hope).
Not much else wrong with this character asides from the criticism above, pretty solid overall.
Havent mess around to much with both so far but both characters big portrait have a white bg.- Fixed
My best guess was that I must have contracted it from taking public transportation into the NYC area. No way to know for sure though.
This is not fake news, this is not fear mongering.
And as far as the REI situation I just feel like people here dont like him personally. Talkin about banning for essentially no reason. Like I said before yall are mad cuz he found a loophole. HES SELLING HIS DISCORD NOT MUGEN ITSELFYou've gotta be kidding me here.
psychological arguements, morally vague, capitalist society-(what?)
1. I can't seem to do any Super Cancels.Sorry about that, it was supposed to say normal attacks not specials.
2. No Hyakkishu/Demon Flip?Will be in a later update.
3. Air Fireball/Zanku Hadouken comes out a lil' later than it should and I'm not comfortable with it.Must be you, I compared it to the real game in turbo speed, it's almost exact.
4. Overcharge does little damage, but I can understand that if it's mean't for combo purposes.Yeah, it's a combo extension move. It was pretty tough to nail combos the way I had it. I loosened up the cancel windows for normal attacks, and added a dash after the Overcharge attack. Hopefully it's easier to juggle with it.
5. Will he have any other supers like Messatsu Gorasen and Kongou Kokuretsuzan?Hurricane kick super was something I was doing in very early stages but didn't make the final version. I definitely want to add it.
6. Any chance of giving him a CS patch of sorts?I want to get back to color separation. However if i do, it would be pretty simple.
Interesting that you've finally released him, even if unfinished atm, but I do have a small nitpick. His fireballs are a bit too safe, even the super version of it. I get a neighborhood between -1 to +9 at pointblank range. I'll excuse the air version somewhat, however, since they're meant to be approach tools anyway (but even those might need a tone down in frame advantage).I never tested that to see how safe it was.
- When I try the teleport while he has at least 1 power stock, he does the super instead. This happens because of the order of the moves in the CMD, the teleport should be above the supers to avoid that.Fixed
- Speaking of the teleport, this is a nitpick but I miss the classic afterimage when you do it.Added
- For some reason I can't execute the MAX version using LP (2QCF+LP), only with MP and HP, but I can do it normally with LKTypo in the CMD, fixed
- The air fireball has no sound when it touches the ground, it just feels weirdAdded
- There is no dust when Akuma lands after the air fireballAdded