Posted by jaede_ in RELEASE: Gumball Watterson and a CVS/POTS makeover. (Started by JStudios2k November 09, 2022, 11:08:10 AM
Board: Your Releases, 1.0+
Board: Your Releases, 1.0+
Im sure most people interested learning programing /coding is looking to use their skill to make games like my KOF XI Or my Remake of MVC2 and not to use it program flying 2d midget Women/children..... GOOD BYE
Now I remembered you, I like your characters (especially Tamaki). lol
- I forgot to mention this on discord but you might want to recolor Satsukong's small portrait. The hair actually uses color that match the shoes and some of the skin tone are off too.Code:[Palette Keymap]
x = 13 ;Press button X to select palette 1, etc.
are you interesed in updating Clone koa and put her on this thread?
I think you earned your place as one my favourite modern creators. Your characters are funny, original and well thought out.
- 236A plays the "voice" repeatedly on block
- I think Giant Punch input would be more intuitive if you held to charge and released to punch
- 236B tick throws feel too strong. A, B, C, 236B is great regardless of whether it hits or is blocked. Well at least until it becomes predictable anyway, so this is more of a first impression
- The 2 seconds to throw randomly seem like an eternity since P2 can't mash out. Maybe half?
- The invincility popup is innovative, but also annoying after a couple times, heh. Unless that's some Donkey Kong reference I don't get (since I didn't play those games)
- Hand Slap pushback on block could increase with strength (with the current one being the C version)
- Valiant Vacuuming Vortex and Conundrum Causing Clutch are more or less the same visually but one is a grab and the other is a hit. Not wrong but feels inconsistent
- Instantly cancelled light Giant Punch might turn out to be a nuisance. Startup is almost instant and it's plus on block
- 600 is a lot of damage for Final Smash considering how easy it is to combo into it
- The intro where he drops the stick (?) hitting P2 really surprised me
- Best time over pose ever
- 2C hitbox is really long reaching for what it is (it's also kind of refreshing to see a crouching overhead)
- Same thing about 4B (also command is wrong in the readme)
- Maybe make the standing part of 2C a statetype = S? Just in case he's hit out of it
- I think the throw should be techable with more buttons other than Y
- Throw whiff hurtbox is really mismatched with the animation
- The fact Paper Fan Smack is safer the more invulnerability it has seems a bit backward
- Seems like there's no reason to use any version other than weak Paper Fan Smack: invulnerability, safest and the best air combos
- It's a pity that you can't juggle with Paper Fan Smack. I guess it's because of infinites but you could allow it and apply scaling to fall.recovertime
- Paper Fan Smack can't kill
- Dodge should be under System in the readme
- Let's Rock! could reset corner push (I actually had this suggestion for your other chars but never ended up posting)
- Invalid action 2401 debug message
- Jumping B crossups are a bit too easy. I think only the first hit should do it. Or relegate that function to A
- I think the counter effect would look better behind the characters (bgpalfx instead of allpalfx)
- HCB, F is a weird input for Big Arc Slam (if you're not an SNK apologist)
Also Patoelietoe's new air super still uses the ground version's dust effects.
- The first frame when the throw rocket explodes is still using AngleDraw
- Standing HK could use the cut spark. And maybe function like her jumping MK in terms of hits (even if that's broken hehe)
- I like that you can listen to the entire ice cream tune if you pause the game haha. I wish there was a trick to make it happen for real
- The ice cream layer change makes a huge difference but it made me notice many of her normals have sprpriority = 0. Also the fact that the wheels are under the ground level now sticks out more
- The DP motion feels too lenient. Try doing a late fireball from a dash (not that you'd ever do that)
- Her fireball feels like you got bored in the middle of coding it hehe. It's called The Elementals but fire is there twice
- If you combo into a fireball it is drawn behind her
- Fireballs shouldn't have air.fall
- Trading fireballs still triggers their hitsparks
- Somehow I missed Blade Mountain the first time I tested her... Perhaps make the light version not sink under the ground?
- If you jump back against the corner and do a normal, it triggers the flying screen dash
- How about air Sylphywhat?
It's remarkable that this funny Touhou character is truer to Marvel style than most of what's out there. Props.