YesNoOk

Recent Posts

Re: Ikemen GO

March 06, 2021, 06:48:00 AM View in topic context
avatar  Posted by avoryx  in Ikemen GO (Started by K4thos May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 AM
 Board: IKEMEN Releases

I just started like a week ago, and I'm using 0.96.
I get a stutter frame pretty regularly.
I'm on a pretty beefy pc, so I'm not sure what's causing this.

Re: Amnaelio released Chae-Lim

March 06, 2021, 06:39:13 AM View in topic context
 Posted by JtheSaltyy  in Amnaelio released Chae-Lim (Started by Yagoshi300 March 05, 2021, 12:25:03 AM
 Board: Found Releases 1.0+

That is true, no credits were given. I didn't really say that it was a good character to start off with, but despite all the really shady stuff he does, believe me that character can actually be good if someone actually put more work into that character. It could just be an edit by someone else even, I don't care. A decent MI2 character is all the people here want in the end anyways.

March 06, 2021, 06:35:34 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Umezono  in Amnaelio released Chae-Lim (Started by Yagoshi300 March 05, 2021, 12:25:03 AM

That... doesn't sound like a spriteswap, but a palette swap.

Spriteswaps usually mean an entirely different set of sprites fitted onto an existing character, in order to not have to code the character itself.

I get where Felo's coming from- I agree with his outlook that it's easy to criticize instead of actually producing your own work-  but this really goes beyond that because this person is not doing their own work and releasing it like they did.

This character has NO readme with credits for Ikaruga, nor is it mentioned in the video or video description as Roman pointed out. This guy is a scumbag for that alone, regardless of how much work he put into the sprites. If people can get up in arms over credit on other characters, that definitely applies. He has a patreon to collect donations for this and he turned comments off on his video. So this guy deserves whatever criticism he gets.

March 06, 2021, 06:33:06 AM View in topic context
 Posted by JtheSaltyy  in Amnaelio released Chae-Lim (Started by Yagoshi300 March 05, 2021, 12:25:03 AM

I'll just give my two-sense on this here.

There could have been a lot more done here. I know, sprites are really fucking hard to make, he took his time, I commend him for that, but again, there could have been more time spent on her and she would be a really good character. At the end of the day it's a Kim sprite-swap, and yeah I know that isn't the best start but maybe it would have been better if Kim was just a base. If she had all of Kim's moves and some of her own, that would have a much better look on her. Saying to just go back to the drawing board wouldn't really be good, but I think that this is a start. The foundation is set out, and with more sprites for custom moves that aren't Kim's and more decent coding, this can very well be a solid MI2 character.

March 06, 2021, 06:18:15 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Duke of Corvus  in Amnaelio released Chae-Lim (Started by Yagoshi300 March 05, 2021, 12:25:03 AM

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)

March 06, 2021, 05:47:19 AM View in topic context
 Posted by xp41  in Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Started by Iced July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 AM
 Board: Entertainment

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Re: Netherrealm Scorpion Revenant MVC2 Ver 1.6

March 06, 2021, 05:07:16 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Toxic Masculinity  in Netherrealm Scorpion Revenant MVC2 Ver 1.6 (Started by JJkoolaid May 04, 2020, 02:00:00 AM
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

I just downloaded the update and haven't tested it yet, but this character is amazing and every time you update him he only gets better and better. I'm sure this is going to be yet another great update from reading the changelog. Thank you very much for this character, and continuing to improve him. I'm definitely looking forward to Grandmaster Sub-Zero as well. Super pumped.

Re: Returning After 5 Years Away From Mugen

March 06, 2021, 04:42:16 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Akito  in Returning After 5 Years Away From Mugen (Started by MORPG March 06, 2021, 03:56:50 AM
 Board: Introductions and Guides

Yes, the screen in background is more important! *-*" *hipnotized*

Re: Help Roman Get Things (check OP for new requests)

March 06, 2021, 04:41:15 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Roman55  in Help Roman Get Things (check OP for new requests) (Started by Roman55 February 06, 2014, 10:42:10 PM
 Board: Requests

Thank you very much  :tipshat:

Re: Can't continue combos

March 06, 2021, 04:17:42 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Drewism19  in Can't continue combos (Started by Drewism19 February 26, 2021, 11:32:37 PM
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Development Help

Okay, just an update. It's Working, sorta. I used the code you gave me and it works, but it needs tinkering since the opponent bounces in mid-air, pretty sure it's because the jump strong punch has a pause someplace that I need to find, but it's working and I can hit them after the mid-air bounce.

Re: Returning After 5 Years Away From Mugen

March 06, 2021, 04:06:00 AM View in topic context
 Posted by FeLo_Llop  in Returning After 5 Years Away From Mugen (Started by MORPG March 06, 2021, 03:56:50 AM

Is... The point of the video showing that fapervert stage? I was not aware abou the fight, eyes directly went to the screen behind @_@

Re: Nep MUGEN Releases: New Icons for Akyuu, Reisen and Youmu

March 06, 2021, 03:59:45 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Nep Heart  in  Nep MUGEN Releases: New Icons for Akyuu, Reisen and Youmu (Started by Nep Heart July 22, 2019, 05:05:51 AM
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

Big thanks to JtheSaltyy's efforts for all three, the following have been updated.

Hieda no Akyuu:

- Character icon updated.

Reisen Udongein Inaba:

Youmu Konpaku:

Returning After 5 Years Away From Mugen

March 06, 2021, 03:56:50 AM View in topic context
 Posted by MORPG  in Returning After 5 Years Away From Mugen (Started by MORPG March 06, 2021, 03:56:50 AM

Hi everyone.

I have just returned to playing Mugen again after a 5 years absence.

Plenty of great content to choose from on this website.

Here is my first fight.

Re: 【 JtheSaltyy's Portrait Thread 】: Requests Open

March 06, 2021, 03:52:38 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Nep Heart  in 【 JtheSaltyy's Portrait Thread 】: Requests Open (Started by JtheSaltyy March 01, 2021, 10:19:03 PM
 Board: Edits & Addons 1.0+

Big thanks there, man. I can now proceed with a few updates accordingly, credits included of course.

Re: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus

March 06, 2021, 03:52:10 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Long John Killer  in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus (Started by Umezono February 26, 2021, 04:54:53 PM
 Board: Gaming

Unown wouldn't make sense to evolve.  Frankly, they need to be reworked altogether because they were a gimmick for gen 2 and its accompanying movie.  Reworking it would go hand-in-hand with fixing Hidden Power though, so I'm all down for it.  I could imagine an Exodia-esque team composed of just Unown spelling some word would provide a team-wide boost or something like that.

Luvdisc is intentionally horrible to be used to farm, that can stay as is.  What doesn't need to be is Luvdisctwo.  Alomomola just being Luvdisc but again because gen 5's soft reboot deal did not pan out.  If it was a hard reboot and everything prior to gen 5 was cut out and discarded, maybe it would have some use as the new Magikarp pathetic pokemon, but as is it's just a repeat but slightly larger.  I think a neat idea would be another cross-generational pairing/rivalry like Tauros and Miltank, and just buff the two in opposite directions of usage.

March 06, 2021, 03:40:28 AM View in topic context
 Posted by 【MFG】gui0007  in Amnaelio released Chae-Lim (Started by Yagoshi300 March 05, 2021, 12:25:03 AM

But at least the guy did something :/  .

Good point here FeLo. That's why i said that even i expected more, i kinda like what Amnael did so far on Chae.

He'll also release Ninon Beart real soon, probably will be his next release and i hope he improved her from the first beta he showed some months ago.

Making a spriteswap of Kyo and calling it "Kusanagi" or "orochi Kyo" or whatever with just palete applied is lazy as Hell.

Like many of those Kyo "edits" around. :v

March 06, 2021, 03:32:42 AM View in topic context
 Posted by FeLo_Llop  in Amnaelio released Chae-Lim (Started by Yagoshi300 March 05, 2021, 12:25:03 AM

That is completely irrelevant. If people see a Chae-Lim character being released (that is misplaced outside of the Edits section), they will expect her to play like Chae-Lim, not like Kim. There is nothing wrong with complaining about that and/or warning other people.

It's easier to be behind the wall and throwing shit. Making a spriteswap of Kyo and calling it "Kusanagi" or "orochi Kyo" or whatever with just palete applied is lazy as Hell. People expects something new. Of course, this Chae Lim is only Kim with different sprites. At least the guy took his time to sprite, not just the boobs, hair, etc.

Following your logic, having PotS characters is not accurate because people expects to play as Ryu/Terry/etc in CvS2 and only applies the cosmetic use of CvS themed sprites. So c'mon, warn people about not using PotS styled characters.

The POINT is "You don't like it" PERFECT. I agree this is a lazy swap. But AT LEAST the guy took his time to do SOMETHING aside complainng and waiting for people to do that awesome stuff. Wanna complain? Perfect. Learn coding, learn spriting. Do something. Have u ever tried to make a single sprite? 'm not talking about a full character. At least respect the guy's time.

Re: Help Roman Get Things (check OP for new requests)

March 06, 2021, 03:30:13 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Ryou  in Help Roman Get Things (check OP for new requests) (Started by Roman55 February 06, 2014, 10:42:10 PM
 Board: Requests

Re: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus

March 06, 2021, 03:25:19 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Macaulyn97  in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus (Started by Umezono February 26, 2021, 04:54:53 PM
 Board: Gaming

I just hope they buff/give new evolutions to shit Pokemon like Luvdisc and Unown. Also, Regigigas desperately help too.

Re: You're Banned! (2021 Edition)

March 06, 2021, 03:21:10 AM View in topic context
avatar  Posted by em985  in You're Banned! (2021 Edition) (Started by Mushypepito123 March 03, 2020, 10:52:12 AM
 Board: All That's Left