YesNoOk

Recent Posts

Re: what game are you playing right now

March 09, 2021, 12:17:52 AM View in topic context
 Posted by yaret  in what game are you playing right now (Started by Shunu December 09, 2009, 09:37:27 PM
 Board: Gaming

Smash brother Ultimate the best offline fighting game
FigherZ the best MvC today

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)

March 08, 2021, 11:58:42 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Jmorphman  in Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Started by Iced July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 AM
 Board: Entertainment

The villain of the next Doctor Strange movie is apparently Nightmare, though.

The thing with the Fox X-Men movies is that there isn't really much reason for Marvel Studios to try and salvage it: they aren't getting back most of that cast, and the last few movies have totally torched whatever goodwill was won back after Days of Future Past and Logan. Like jeez, if Fox never got bought by Disney, I think we'd be seeing a total X-Men movie reboot in a few years.

No, the things I quoted came from Marvel. They had Elizabeth Olsen do a whole video explaining House of M, she barely mentioned the kids but she specifically quoted the "no more mutants" line. That was just when the rights for the mutants were making headlines about returning to the MCU, and after WandaVision was announced but when we didn't know anything about it.
I've seen that interview, assuming it's the same one. It was from the Civil War press tour, but it's theoretically possible they had already told her what their plans for the character were after Endgame, even if they hadn't figured out if it'd be a TV show or a movie yet. I think she also mentioned House of M as far back as Age of Ultron too. Regardless, I don't think any of the recent press tour stuff has had her specifically tease out anything that never paid off in the actual WandaVision show.

I don't bother with remender's stuff bc friends said I wouldn't like it. I like both wanda and rogue having them constantly bicker at each other is just a big no-no for me haha
The Rememder stuff also infamously has Havok give a press conference where he declares that people shouldn't call him a mutant and refers to it as "the m word", and that instead people should call him Alex.

Which is insanely stupid even just coming from a pure in-fiction standpoint: mutants are a thing, the word has never been used as a slur, And of course, the mutant metaphor for oppressed minority groups is baked into the whole of X-Men, and to read that speech in that lens shows utterly deranged and offensive it was. It's truly puzzling how that shit got published. That run was just a fucking mess.

I always maintain that wanda could definitely use some of that boundless well of compassion the x-men never seem to run out of whenever they console jean grey for the atrocities her dark phoenix alter ego did. I mean, they're indiscriminately handing out second chances to every genocidal mutant they've previously fought, so her ongoing in-universe demonization is for the sake of their newfound society's social cohesion, more than anything else.
Yeah, absolutely. I guess Jean has it easier because she died almost immediately after her genocide, and then even when she came back they sorta deflected the blame onto the Phoenix Force for a time. The only reason Wanda is still being demonized in Hickman's X-Men is that she's not a mutant. So I gotta assume the long term plan is that Hickman undoes the not-a-mutant retcon and the Krakoans are forced to grapple with having to reconcile with their scapegoated "Pretender".

Remember the recent franklin richards retcon? There's a rumor going around that doom is going to marry wanda to protect the latter from chronic krakoan harrassment. If that's true I'll start to think slott gets his kicks out of seeing how far he can go with taking away hickman's toys lmao
Ugh, fuck that shitty run and fuck Dan Slott. Motherfucker had a whole ass documentary episode (available on Disney+) about how he can't complete the simplest of deadlines and needs a full other writer to actually do his work for him. The old boy's network at the big 2 truly will do anything to protect their own. ::)

Re: Grandmaster Subzero MVC2

March 08, 2021, 11:48:08 PM View in topic context
 Posted by 【MFG】gui0007  in Grandmaster Subzero MVC2 (Started by JJkoolaid March 06, 2021, 10:10:09 AM
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

Great version of the Lin Kuei warrior bro!

I saw that Ice Blast sometimes doesn't do a follow-up. Is it intentional?

Re: 【 JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread 】: Future Character Poll

March 08, 2021, 11:14:26 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Yagoshi300  in 【 JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread 】: Future Character Poll (Started by JtheSaltyy September 13, 2020, 08:58:01 PM
 Board: Projects

Iori.

Re: Kof 2003 Portrait project

March 08, 2021, 11:02:19 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Melcore  in Kof 2003 Portrait project (Started by Melcore March 11, 2014, 09:11:14 AM
 Board: Sprite Projects

March 08, 2021, 10:46:33 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Melcore  in Kof 2003 Portrait project (Started by Melcore March 11, 2014, 09:11:14 AM

These are simply gorgeous, that Hibiki is  :smitten:
Do you plan to update the first post ? I can see a lot of stuff has been made and that would really be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

wish granted, was planning on it for a while but never got around to it.
thank you, for your kind words and showing interest in the work I put in.
also updated the downloads links in the spoilers of both my profile and the first post.

Re: 【 JtheSaltyy Thread 】: Shingo Yabuki (2/25/21)

March 08, 2021, 10:33:46 PM View in topic context
 Posted by JtheSaltyy  in  【 JtheSaltyy Thread 】: Shingo Yabuki (2/25/21) (Started by JtheSaltyy October 10, 2020, 01:58:50 AM
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

= UPDATES =

Spoiler: Ukyo (click to see content)
Spoiler: Sagat (click to see content)

Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)

March 08, 2021, 10:33:20 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Long John Killer  in Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Started by Long John Killer April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 AM

To my knowledge, she doesn't have a giant spoon as a weapon.

Which I can all but guarantee is going to be referenced in the actual episode.  They've made it the killing blow the last Shadow episode, they bring it up sometimes when he showed up in DBC.  They just have a weird on-going in-joke about Shadow's weakness is spoons.

Re: 【 JtheSaltyy's Portrait Thread 】: Requests Open

March 08, 2021, 10:23:53 PM View in topic context
 Posted by JtheSaltyy  in 【 JtheSaltyy's Portrait Thread 】: Requests Open (Started by JtheSaltyy March 01, 2021, 10:19:03 PM
 Board: Edits & Addons 1.0+

I specified in the first post I'm only taking 3 characters per request so just pick three of these for now and when im done with those request the other three afterwards

March 08, 2021, 10:15:29 PM View in topic context
 Posted by dronk  in 【 JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread 】: Future Character Poll (Started by JtheSaltyy September 13, 2020, 08:58:01 PM

khan pls spinny funny

Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!

March 08, 2021, 10:10:02 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Gennos  in Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Started by Vans November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 AM
 Board: All That's Left

Both the phone and the pad are new, bought a few weeks ago.
Phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S and the pad is just a generic chinese brand, It works fine but the d-pad is shit for fighting games :(
anyways, for such a cheap phone, this thing packs alot of horse power. As you can see, it can play God of War chains of Olympus with no issues on 2x res on PPSSPP. I also tested Citra (3DS) and Dolphin (GC/Wii) and it can run them both pretty competently aswell.
If you're in the market for a new phone and don't want to spend to much, I heavily recommend getting this phone.

Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)

March 08, 2021, 10:09:51 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Knuckles8864  in Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Started by Long John Killer April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 AM

Both have faced complete powerhouses before, have been brainwashed, and sacrificed their power to save the world from total destruction in the past (although, her suit had to die for it. Yes, her suit is sentient.) I recall the final showdown in Kill la Kill being made of similarities to the final showdown in Sonic Adventure 2, and that was the best planetary feat Ryuko has against Shadow, but I don't recall her having anything to stop slowing time to a complete halt, but then again, I haven't seen the show in years.

As you said, this is either the end of Shadow's losing streak, or it's going to be another case of "Sayonara."

March 08, 2021, 10:08:31 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Dawn de Era  in 【 JtheSaltyy's WIP Thread 】: Future Character Poll (Started by JtheSaltyy September 13, 2020, 08:58:01 PM

poll tie moment

What's gonna break it now?

Re: You're Banned! (2021 Edition)

March 08, 2021, 10:01:55 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Sheng Long  in You're Banned! (2021 Edition) (Started by Mushypepito123 March 03, 2020, 10:52:12 AM

You're banned because you don't have any community user groups listed (twitter, deviantart, facebook, etc).

Re: I Need Help with Stages!

March 08, 2021, 09:45:40 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Sean Altly  in I Need Help with Stages! (Started by Sean Altly January 31, 2021, 02:59:40 AM
 Board: Last Bout: Styles Will Clash

Hell yeah man, I was hoping someone would notice this! I really just need country/location themed stages for each participant's country. I also had the idea that each stage's floor/main standing area would be a ring or platform, since the whole thing is supposed to be an actual televised tournament. I also wouldn't be averse to just using some stages you've already made. Do you have a site with all your stuff on it that I could browse or are they just in the release topics here? The stage I used for SHADEs 3 I found looking through stage collections on other sites. Also, the screenpack is all on Mugen 1.1 so the stages will have to be compatible with that (they don't need zoom or anything but if one has it they all need to have it).

March 08, 2021, 09:29:55 PM View in topic context
 Posted by PeXXeR  in Kof 2003 Portrait project (Started by Melcore March 11, 2014, 09:11:14 AM

These are simply gorgeous, that Hibiki is  :smitten:
Do you plan to update the first post ? I can see a lot of stuff has been made and that would really be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed

March 08, 2021, 09:08:37 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Gennos  in Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed  (Started by Cong Fu Man March 13, 2020, 01:36:56 AM

New covid strains, spike in infection as a results, talks of another lockdown, incompetent corrupt government can't commit to anything nor provide enough quantities of the vaccine for even 1% of the country. I'd say 2021 is shaping up to be just as shitty as 2020.
Seriously guys, if you can get yourself vaccinated, don't even think about it! stab that bitch into your arm!

NexT One released Hakuba Base

March 08, 2021, 09:07:56 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Yagoshi300  in NexT One released Hakuba Base (Started by Yagoshi300 March 08, 2021, 09:07:56 PM
 Board: Found Releases 1.0+

NexT One released Outer Space Stage Pack

March 08, 2021, 09:06:21 PM View in topic context
 Posted by Yagoshi300  in NexT One released Outer Space Stage Pack (Started by Yagoshi300 March 08, 2021, 09:06:21 PM
 Board: Found Releases 1.0+

March 08, 2021, 08:55:17 PM View in topic context

hey man, there is something wrong with your account or something on here... anytime I try to message you I get errors. If you have a discord, please send me that so I can add you.

ether way, here is some new ports: