YesNoOk

Recent Posts

Re: Fate/Grand Order

April 23, 2024, 08:27:10 am View in topic context
 Posted by Xhominid  in Fate/Grand Order (Started by c001357 August 10, 2015, 05:42:19 pm
 Board: Gaming

I really do need to come back here more often, especially since I plan on adding back in MUGEN once I get some stuff added into the computer:

Basically a Round Up of all of the BS that happened since I was away... again.

- I think I got an NP4 Waver while I was trying to see if I can get an NP2 Reines during the Case Files Event but I did end up getting Faker during the Paid Singles who was what I wanted the most.

- Ended up getting Bazett/Manannan but failed to get an NP2 Copy which hurts because I really do like her unique as hell playstyle... ended up getting Nikitch during the multis for Bazzet

- Game decided to make it up to me by giving me Kingprotea in a multi during that CCC Event.

- FINALLY, FINALLY got Merlin during the Chaldea Men's Event so I can truly do Immortal Teams with Morgan or Himiko at my leisure

- Then got Odysseus within 2-3 multis, then NP2 Tesla and some paid Singles and then got my final 4* Story Servant I have yet to get: Edison... no really.

- Then did another single multi on a random as hell whim going for Sigurd in the Road to LB2 Banner and ended up getting him

- Then while going for CEs in the recent Event Water Monsters(That and more copies of Lancer Melt), I ended up only getting 1 other Lancer Melt for NP2 and NP2 Trung Sisters(Seriously my 4* Servant Luck tends to be the pits).

- Then while trying to go for Daikokuten in this current banner, I do a few more extra multis than I planned(While Traum is close by, the real saving I'm doing is when we get Summer 6 due to the sheer insanity those banners give), I see a Rainbow: It's Napoleon! Got spooked AGAIN...

- And literally as I was typing this, I did a Paid Single on the Da Vinci Lily banner... and ended up getting her.

It always ends up being a monkey's paw of some kind...

Re: Mid117's Color Palettes for OHMSBY Style Characters and others Authors

April 23, 2024, 06:38:35 am View in topic context
 Posted by TornilloOxidado  in Mid117's Color Palettes for OHMSBY Style Characters and others Authors  (Started by Mid117 December 20, 2023, 03:54:48 pm
 Board: Edits & Addons 1.0+

Man your palettes are so good, thanks for Dantes palette, i really liked it, i have some time so if you don't mind here's some of my requests.
All of them are from Fate/Grand Order

-Saito Hajime and Hijikata Toshizo (Minazuki Sho and Tsukoyomi by Ichida)
Spoiler: References (click to see content)

-Izumo no Okuni and Zanzanburou (Chie Satonaka and Tomoe by Ichida)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-Takasugi Shinsaku and Ishin Kiheitai Forces (Yosuke Hanamura and Jiraiya by Ichida)
Spoiler: References (click to see content)

-Baobhan Sith (Miyako Arima by Ichida)

-Minamoto no Tametomo  (Shovel Knight by ZolidSone  / k6666orochi / Me)

-Okita Souji Alter (Yuzuriha by Resentone)

Re: [Tornillo Thread]: Nero Claudius + Yamaneko Arthur Released (11/3/24)

April 23, 2024, 05:30:09 am View in topic context
 Posted by TornilloOxidado  in [Tornillo Thread]: Nero Claudius + Yamaneko Arthur Released (11/3/24) (Started by TornilloOxidado January 07, 2023, 12:52:31 am
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

Here is a update for Bang Shishigami.

-His cinematic during The Ultimate Bang now scales with GameHeight and GameWidth.
-Fixed common.cns
-Increased the time before going to the default state after Astral Heat
-Lifepoints reduced from 1100 to 1085

I'm not sure if this could fix your issue sir, but i hope it does.

I would like to commission some characters for a Capcom vs SNK mugen game.

April 23, 2024, 05:14:07 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by YukitoHirai680  in The spriters bounty thread. (more details in thread)  (Started by Kamekaze August 22, 2014, 01:16:12 am
 Board: Graphics

Hi, I'm wanting to make a Capcom vs SNK svc Chaos mugen game. In SVC Chaos, the Capcom characters are redrawn in a Neo Geo KOF style. I a lot of the characters of both sides,  but don't like that the Capcom roster is flooded with Street Fighter characters. So, I want to reimagine the roster makeup to diversify the Capcom roster a bit.

The Characters I want to include is
1. Leon S Kennedy (from Resident Evil), particularly in his RE2 RPD outfit
2. Hayato Kanzaki (from Star Gladiator)
3. Jill Valentine (from Resident Evil)
4. Morrigan (from Darkstalkers)
and maybe
5. Ibuki (from Street Fighter)

I want these characters to look like the Neo Geo KOF Style and play as though they were in a Capcom vs SNK game instead of Marvel vs Capcom. I tried looking for chars of the characters listed but could only find one for Leon but he is made in his RE4 outfit but I want him to be in his RPD outfit.

I would be willing to pay, but how much would I pay for each character? Would it cost less if the character is built off another character (for example, if Leon Kennedy was built off of Neo Geo Kyo or something)?

Lastly, if there are chars available for those characters that would make them fit in a SVC Chaos game, where can I find them?

Re: Assorted AI-generated stages

April 23, 2024, 03:38:26 am View in topic context
 Posted by Speedpreacher  in Assorted AI-generated stages (Started by PotS October 28, 2023, 11:38:12 am

This isn't going to be the thread for you, then. I'd advise to check another release thread and stay out of this one.

Re: 2XKO (League of Legends fighting game) (PS5, Xbox Series S/X, PC) (coming 2025)

April 23, 2024, 02:44:23 am View in topic context
 Posted by Macaulyn97  in 2XKO (League of Legends fighting game) (PS5, Xbox Series S/X, PC) (coming 2025) (Started by Macaulyn97 August 11, 2019, 09:46:14 pm
 Board: Fighting Games

There she is.

Re: MUGEN Video thread

April 23, 2024, 01:46:13 am View in topic context
 Posted by Ralaco  in MUGEN Video thread (Started by c001357 September 27, 2008, 11:24:14 am
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Discussion

(DivineWolf's) Kung Fu Girl VS (Dick Buckus, Victorys and Jorge Mistah's) Sean Matsuda

Re: MUGEN Video thread

April 23, 2024, 12:56:40 am View in topic context
 Posted by Emerie The G.O.A.T  in MUGEN Video thread (Started by c001357 September 27, 2008, 11:24:14 am
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Discussion

Re: AXX screenpack IKEMEN edit

April 23, 2024, 12:49:16 am View in topic context
 Posted by xcheatdeath  in AXX screenpack IKEMEN edit (Started by xcheatdeath March 18, 2024, 10:33:53 pm
 Board: IKEMEN Releases

nah they weren't missing, i just forgot to reset the system.def back to default stuff and yea I just realized I never put the files back into an axx folder lol its been updated & corrected :)

Re: Ikemen Go Character Updates

April 23, 2024, 12:48:17 am View in topic context
 Posted by PeXXeR  in Ikemen Go Character Updates (Started by PotS June 12, 2022, 12:44:04 pm

Thanks for the updates PotS.

I'll post in discord for my feedback.

You did an amazing job, fucking hell.

After testing these for a bit, everyone that uses the nightly update asap.

Dreadedpotato's Palettes

April 23, 2024, 12:35:57 am View in topic context
 Posted by dreadedpotato  in Dreadedpotato's Palettes (Started by dreadedpotato April 23, 2024, 12:35:57 am
 Board: Edits & Addons 1.0+

(I'm not taking requests and don't plan to, so please don't ask.)
Thought I'd try my hand at making and uploading palettes. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of thing, so feedback is appreciated.

Hisui (Resentone) - Daikokuten
I've been getting into Fate/Grand Order recently and thought this particular Servant was funny, so I went ahead and made a set of palettes based on them. Included are a set of 6 palettes; the first 5 are based on the initial appearances of No. 1 - No. 5 and the 6th is based on the group's collective 3rd Ascension form. The first 5 only have minor differences in hair colors while the 6th has more substantial changes.

Daikokuten (No. 1)

Daikokuten (No. 2 - No. 5)

Daikokuten (3rd Ascension)

Re: AXX screenpack IKEMEN edit

April 22, 2024, 11:49:04 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by Asasd  in AXX screenpack IKEMEN edit (Started by xcheatdeath March 18, 2024, 10:33:53 pm

yea just drop the AXX file into your data folder, open config.json and change "motif" to "data/axx/system.def" and should be good to go :)

Hey! Nice edit. I'm interested on trying this screenpack, but seems some files are missing on the .zip?

There's no axx folder to begin with. Only system and font folders. Even on the original thread you linked there's no such axx folder.

I've made it work but the screenpack seems to be missing a lot of files.

Re: TEST RUN - Spritesheet Expansion Thread Addendum - Request thread

April 22, 2024, 11:24:18 pm View in topic context
 Posted by DeathScythe  in TEST RUN - Spritesheet Expansion Thread Addendum - Request thread (Started by Graphicus August 09, 2013, 11:41:11 am
 Board: Sprite Projects

Requestor: DeathScythe
Character/Game: Akuma CvS/CvS2
Evidence of progress: https://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2556941
Requests: Kongou Kokuretsuzan from SF3
Reference:
Original from SF3:
CvS conversion (I think PotS made this one):

While this conversion is not bad, it still has some SF3 traits, I feel like a full CvS conversion is very possible.
Maybe I don't even need to say this, but if anyone is willing to take a shot, please do so without the effects! Thanks in advance ;D

Resizing the dialogue system from 4:3(640x480) to 16:9(1280x720)

April 22, 2024, 11:08:03 pm View in topic context
 Posted by bass30655  in Resizing the dialogue system from 4:3(640x480) to 16:9(1280x720) (Started by bass30655 April 22, 2024, 11:08:03 pm
 Board: Ikemen General Discussion and Help

Currently trying to resize Orochi_Kyo's dialog system to work on 16:9(1280x720)
Anyone have any pointers to resize this.

My code so far

the original code for 640x480

Re: Street Fighter 6 WIP by Mr. I and Violin Ken

April 22, 2024, 09:51:05 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Violin Ken  in Street Fighter 5 & 6 WIP by Mr. I and Violin Ken (Started by Violin Ken September 14, 2023, 10:19:19 pm
 Board: Projects

Awesome fight. Have you thought about trying to make a standard animation for your Supers hit reactions??

We're using common sprites for super hit reactions so it works universally.

Mr. I made a Kage combo preview.

Re: Assorted AI-generated stages

April 22, 2024, 08:43:05 pm View in topic context
 Posted by SuperScratchkat  in Assorted AI-generated stages (Started by PotS October 28, 2023, 11:38:12 am

You can ask it to make pixel art. Or of course just downscale the images.

Updated the "Deep Violet Haze" stage with layer separation.

the only thing stupider than generating ai images as a stand-in for art in the first place is asking it to generate "pixel art." under even the tiniest modicum of scrutiny, the product it outputs completely falls apart. not that it didn't already do so for anything else.

Re: Active Tag system

April 22, 2024, 07:55:24 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by Asasd  in Active Tag system (Started by PotS December 02, 2022, 03:54:21 pm

Updated the file again.

I couldn't find any issues so far but let me know if you do.

I'll wait patiently for your fix! Also I'm migrating to 0.99, thanks for telling. The nightly builds seems to be the latest versions but kinda unstable, correct? You've plans to migrate everything into the future version? I don't know how big the changes would be between versions anyway.
The nightly is less stable but it's also more recent. So it may have a new bug once in a while, but overall it has less bugs.

I will always keep my works up-to-date with the latest Ikemen (until I retire again anyway).

I’m still on Ikemen 98.2, so I haven’t been able to download your update patches. I tried to switch to 99 but a lot of stage edits were broken when I moved over. Also a few characters integrated power bars appeared wonky in the new version, so I’m staying put for the time being.
The 0.98.2 file is not as up-to-date so it's missing some compatibility improvements. Maybe that char already works in the 0.99 version of the code.

Hello there. Thanks for the update! I'm having a lot of fun with your TAG system.

Adding by what BeastwithFriends said, I've encountered a similar problem.

Snowman by The Snowman Team is a character that I can't use in your tag. He's constantly hoping back and forward in your character's current position. I know this is OBVIOUSLY the character problem, but I wonder why that happens. I still didn't check his code on the hop states though, so maybe is a very easy problem to fix. I've a similar problem with a character that hops but after a couple of seconds he goes away.

Now, I know you made this to not being customizable and basically installing it and play with a lot of universal compatibility, which works perfectly for that.

But I had some ideas since after so much playing with it, may be lacking an option for me but I could be wrong (I know you based it on MVC:I style): Assists.

This would require to remake how your tag system works and honestly I'd like to make it myself but I have no clue how this works, but basically my idea is the following:

Button TAG 1 neutral/forward/holdforward: Switching to Character 2
Button TAG 1 back/holdback: Switching to Character 3

Button TAG 2 neutral/forward/holdforward: Calling Assist from Character 2
Button TAG 2 back/holdback: Calling Assist from Character 3

It would make the system a bit more complete by adding assists, and retaining the same effects as switching to one character or another but in only one button with a basic and intuitive input.

Of course this would require to set the Statedef for your dessired asist, and it requires touching each character's code which loses the purpose of your easy install, but I think this would enrich the system by a huge margin. Maybe adding it as a separate version / something optional?

You already implemented the possibility to switch in a character while doing an active move, but after playing a lot I think the best of the best would be to retain this asking for a little of power to not overabuse it (mostly on supers that fires projectiles that lasts extensively long), and adding ONLY ONE assist per character to compensate, so the player needs to think if they want to use the tag options offensively; it would cause some risks as the assists can take damage and the tag-in while casting a move asks for power. Normal switching and Counter Switching would stay the same as I think it is literally perfect.

I know there's another tag system from Orochi Kyo which is customizable but that one is just too complex and requires A LOT of customization; my idea is way more simple: Moving the switching options to only one button and adding only 1 assist per character to the button that is now free.

What do you think? It is possible? I'd really like to work on something like this but honestly I have zero idea about tag coding. I just make some basic edit on chars...

Re: Can't Get any Holn's AI Patches on Onedrive...

April 22, 2024, 07:35:04 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by Dude01  in Can't Get any Holn's AI Patches on Onedrive... (Started by Dude01 April 18, 2024, 01:20:12 pm
 Board: Requests

Help with some Neo Geo sound stuff

April 22, 2024, 07:35:03 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Nikanoru  in Help with some Neo Geo sound stuff (Started by Nikanoru April 22, 2024, 07:35:03 pm
 Board: Off-Topic Help

Hi! First post here, was reading the forums for a bit but there was some stuff i can't understand and maybe someone can help (user "N." could but i can't send PMs for some reason.. new account maybe?

1 = User N. posted a cheat table for ripping Fatal Fury 1's sounds but i wanted to know 2 things

First, how can i make a similar table but for other Neo Geo sounds and second, what's this "04" code value for...

(Code by N. for Fatal Fury 1)
  <cheat desc="Sound Mod? +256">
    <parameter>
      <item value="0x00">00</item>
      <item value="0x18">18</item>
    </parameter>
    <script state="change">
      <action>maincpu.pb@10763E=param</action>
      <action>maincpu.pb@1076C3=04</action>
      <action>maincpu.pb@1076C1=00</action>

2 = Probably people in here know about the Caname emulator and its jukebox... a tool i myself used years ago and it works perfectly. My question is, why Caname's jukebox can be used to play sfx and voices but not UniBios?

Example = Some voice samples in Fatal Fury 1 are stored in the 184C code onward. If i use Caname's jukebox to play them, it works. But if you use the UniBios' jukebox, 184C or anything after it, the sounds won't play even though the sound code is correct. This is a problem that happens in lots of Neo Geo games using multiple addresses if you try to trigger them via the UniBios and i don't know why :(

Has someone managed to play those addresses via UniBios?

And lastly, back to the Caname emulator's jukebox... is it possible to somehow extract the codes that Caname uses and port them as a XML cheat or i'm out of luck? I'm quite sure that jukebox is using the same memory edit stuff like the one i posted above

If you're wondering why i don't simply use Caname is because i log sounds in VGM and only the normal MAME allows that T_T

If anyone can help (just knowing how to trigger the sounds via UniBios would be enough since i know the sound codes by using Nebula) much appreciated :3 (no idea how to tag users  so i can reach N.)

Edit = So i tried ArtMoney's memory view in both the UniBios jukebox and Caname's... the instructions that both sound players send seem to be quite different. Jumping instantly from value 0730 (first playable song in FF1, Richard Meyer's stage) to 184C via editing the address value with ArtMoney won't trigger the sound either using the UniBios. I'm stumped as to what exact addresses the Caname jukebox edits when using the PLAY and STOP command and the sound code selector but it's 100% obvious that both the UniBios and Caname's jukebox do different stuff in the memory :/

Revive code.

April 22, 2024, 06:52:23 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by PPPPP15  in Revive code. (Started by PPPPP15 April 22, 2024, 06:52:23 pm
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Development Help

I've been trying to have a char to resurrect at the end of each round as long as he has =3000 power. As im pretty much a beginner with this kind of things this is way beyond my knowledge. Ive been looking for resources or guides to have it done -mainly trying to do adapt SF3's Gill own code-, but as of now i havent been able to make anything work as intended-my fault, for sure-, and i think i've already come across each bit of info there is online and im still clueless.

So, I could use some help. Thanks in advance!