YesNoOk

Recent Posts

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)

February 28, 2021, 09:49:03 AM View in topic context
 Posted by rgveda99  in Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Started by Iced July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 AM
 Board: Entertainment

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Re: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus

February 28, 2021, 09:28:23 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Nemuresu  in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus (Started by Umezono February 26, 2021, 04:54:53 PM
 Board: Gaming

It not unfair in the slightest. Regardless of your preferences, the lighting and post processing, even the texture quality is leagues better than a remake of one of the highest grossing franchises by one of the most successful game developers. Its mediocrity. If they wanted to achieve the faithfulness they might as well have gone fully sprited rather than this rough mobile game quality stuff.

It's unfair when:
1.- Pokémon biggest source of outcome is merchandise, not the games themselves.
2.- It's not being developed by GF but by another studio.
3.- Legends Arceus (GF's game) looks miles better, so it's not like equals are being compared.

There are legitimate arguments against the games' graphics, saying it's because the games come from a high-grossing franchise isn't one of them. And as a longtime Pokémon fan, I just have to admit the games have never been highly regarded for graphics, not even in the first generations with their fugly sprites (looking at you, Venomoth, Nidorina, Mew), and by the GBA, you could easily find games with better looks like Metroid Fusion, the Sonic Advance series or TWEWY.

Personally, I don't think the graphics are pretty, in fact, I think they look worse than SwSh, but they're not ugly either, they're average. And since GF is in charge of a game with better graphics, I'm not gonna take this as an omen of bad things to come.

Re: Mugen survival slam (a future idea I'd like to implement for a series on YT)

February 28, 2021, 08:57:16 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Amidweiz  in Mugen survival slam (a future idea I'd like to implement for a series on YT) (Started by Amidweiz October 21, 2019, 07:59:33 AM
 Board: Idea Engineering

An update to this idea, albeit just through text. Considering the developments of Ikemen GO plus in which it has a score system as well as data persistence, It'd be better suited for that engine because of it. I do need some input upon some systems I would want to implement in the series

Score system:
With this being an engine mechanic in ikemen GO plus and how it works, It would be easier to have a team score rather than an individual character score which would simplify things. The score values for the system I intend to be the default values that come with ikemen GO plus since they're pretty good as is.

Nerfing system:
Yet another system where it determines how much heath the winner has left over after a KO, and if it's closer to 0 rather than 1000, it will nerf them by adding a negative value to a attack mul set by how much health they have left over. If it's a time over than it will compare p1 and p2's life in a similar fashion, not sure how'd tackle characters with different health values though. The loser will also get a slight boost of attack as well depending upon the winners health. Not sure if I should do this per match or per round, I'm thinking more of the ladder that the former. This in theory should nerf more dominant AIs so they would have a harder time getting the KO and boost weaker AI's so they can get a win

Elimination system:
It will be still based of losses but I'm not sure if said losses should reset completely, decrement by 1, or stay the same if they do get a win. There will still be elimination matches.

I'm also wondering what systems I should use, mainly if I should just have the score system and the elimination system on their own... or should they stay combined like what I have. If people would rather see their AI characters battle for score or just survival by itself.

Re: Character of the YEAR 2020

February 28, 2021, 08:55:44 AM View in topic context
 Posted by xp41  in Character of the YEAR 2020 (Started by Jmorphman February 12, 2021, 08:48:14 PM
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Discussion

Secret masterpiece?!?! Are you sure it's not a BOB-OMB?!

Srsly tho, congrats to sean altly and jango--even in semi-retirement you can't stop winning!!

Re: Paulo's Palette Stuff

February 28, 2021, 08:32:53 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Paulo S  in Paulo's Palette Stuff (Started by Paulo S February 16, 2021, 01:16:42 PM
 Board: Edits & Addons 1.0+

Added more palettes for these characters.

Ako Tamaki (Sennou-Room)
Asuna (Sennou-Room/Kohaku)
Heart Aino (OHMSBY)
Taiga Aisaka (Maid) (OHMSBY)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)

February 28, 2021, 08:27:15 AM View in topic context
 Posted by xp41  in Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Started by Iced July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 AM

Lookit: https://twitter.com/NacaoMarvell/status/1364401784995917825

Ngl, the pr stunt they did a couple days ago was kinda cringe, but I gotta admit it's pretty clever how they sneaked this in.

Re: Char Sound Volume

February 28, 2021, 08:24:39 AM View in topic context
 Posted by DJMouF  in Char Sound Volume (Started by DJMouF February 27, 2021, 02:28:44 AM
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Development Help

I'm not really sure where to put this... Admins if this isn't the right place to put this can you place it in the right section of the forum.

Ok I want to ask for a favor. It's simple but kind of tedious. I'll pay for it though. The task is simply increasing all of my chars volume to the perfect volume... to the fact of me simply adding one "playsnd" instead multiple for the sound to be loud enough to hear during gameplay. I should've had this done a long time ago, (I know) but there's no time like the present. I'd like the voice to still sound clear so some compression may be involved depending on the intensity of the voice. So if anyone is up for this that has anytime to do it, then give me a holler. Like I said I know it's tedious so there will be compensation. But don't try to tear my pockets out lol. Thanks

*ie I would like to have just one per sound(voice) instead of multiple.

[State 200, Snd]
type=playsnd
trigger1= animelem = 3
value= 5,0
channel = 1

maybe i'll make a new video explain a bit of 'sound war' or 'Loudness War'... after my Computer update.

Would be perfect

February 28, 2021, 08:12:27 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Jango  in Character of the YEAR 2020 (Started by Jmorphman February 12, 2021, 08:48:14 PM

* Jango poofs in, acting casual like he was always here.

I wanna give a huge congrats to Sean for winning! He worked hard on all fronts, I mostly just threw cash at him and we rewatched the SMB movie for attack ideas (secret masterpiece that doesn't deserve half the flack it gets btw) lol

Still though, I'm really proud at what he managed to pull off. I remember I used to joke "THE DREAM IS ALIVE" whenever I showed off a screenshot or whatever, but Sean truly made a character that ascends that dream and has become a reality.

Now if you'll excuse me, gotta go back to the salt mines to secure funding for a playable doggo (j/k this is not something I would ever raise money for)

Tianjay's Soundoff

February 28, 2021, 08:01:13 AM View in topic context
 Posted by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~  in Tianjay's Soundoff (Started by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~ February 28, 2021, 08:01:13 AM

Hey guys! So Skeletor EX wanted me to start posting his new Video reviews on different TV shows, Movies & etc.

Check it out! He brings up valid points amongst other things as well. Maybe also you'll get a good laugh or two lol. Enjoy Guys! If you like it and want more, hit that like & subscribe button. Thanks!

Re: Char Sound Volume

February 28, 2021, 07:39:23 AM View in topic context
 Posted by beterhans  in Char Sound Volume (Started by DJMouF February 27, 2021, 02:28:44 AM

I'm not really sure where to put this... Admins if this isn't the right place to put this can you place it in the right section of the forum.

Ok I want to ask for a favor. It's simple but kind of tedious. I'll pay for it though. The task is simply increasing all of my chars volume to the perfect volume... to the fact of me simply adding one "playsnd" instead multiple for the sound to be loud enough to hear during gameplay. I should've had this done a long time ago, (I know) but there's no time like the present. I'd like the voice to still sound clear so some compression may be involved depending on the intensity of the voice. So if anyone is up for this that has anytime to do it, then give me a holler. Like I said I know it's tedious so there will be compensation. But don't try to tear my pockets out lol. Thanks

*ie I would like to have just one per sound(voice) instead of multiple.

[State 200, Snd]
type=playsnd
trigger1= animelem = 3
value= 5,0
channel = 1

maybe i'll make a new video explain a bit of 'sound war' or 'Loudness War'... after my Computer update.

Re: Nep Art

February 28, 2021, 06:46:03 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Nep Heart  in Nep Art (Started by Nep Heart February 24, 2021, 02:05:10 AM
 Board: Graphics

Re: Hakumen by Ichida

February 28, 2021, 06:36:20 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Kamui_Kanjai  in Hakumen by Ichida (Started by Ichida December 09, 2020, 02:35:53 PM
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

Re: Can't continue combos

February 28, 2021, 06:26:01 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Drewism19  in Can't continue combos (Started by Drewism19 February 26, 2021, 11:32:37 PM

Still having problems here. The jump strong punch slams the opponent down, causing them to bounce. I know the concept of targetstate, but I have no idea what sctrl to use on the actual statedef. I've tried selfstate, but I have no clue how that works.

Re: CAPCOM VS SNK 2 EO 2021 HD remastered version W.I.P

February 28, 2021, 05:37:36 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Mazemerald.  in CAPCOM VS SNK 2 EO 2021 HD remastered version W.I.P (Started by Mazemerald. February 27, 2021, 02:23:44 AM
 Board: Projects

I usually feel frustrated by screenpacks that use "custom" portraits, because it become a pain in the *ss, avery freaking time you want to add a character,

Thank God is a full game because I'm old school and I don't know how to add this portraits in photoshop

is there a sprite (decent one) for nightmare geese without the shirtless (top kimono) ? Guisantos said somebody did it, but I don't know who
another stupid question , for final bison, is there a sprite version with the cape ?
I think geese without top kimono and final bison with cape would be awesome, but I guess is too much work
what kind mechanic is gonna be ? pots ?
is some character missing like lilith, captain commando etc... are you going to add in another version ?
I'm very excited with this project

Don't worry the game is gonna be with everything done.

I have almost all of the high res original CvS2 portraits, so, if you need them please let me know. I've kept the highest/best quality art of the original CvS2 character art for almost 12+ years now lol.

could you share these portraits with me? it's a rarity....

very nice! is it going to have a option to have more slots?

No friend... the project has limited slots because the title.

very nice! is it going to have a option to have more slots?

Plus 1 for this request. Preferably something with 200 slots

:)

This looks awesome, great work, I will say the consistency with the portraits on the Capcom side is nice, but it sticks out a bit using some of the KOF-all stars portraits for some and not other. Keep up the great work, this will turn out amazing

it's because i only got some of them in good quality in hd resolution.

Re: DragonSlayerEX contact?

February 28, 2021, 05:31:00 AM View in topic context
 Posted by ThisIsGir  in DragonSlayerEX contact? (Started by Jh0nnY2k February 27, 2021, 10:20:06 PM
 Board: Requests

Yes I have his facebook Ill ask him

Re: CAPCOM VS SNK 2 EO 2021 HD remastered version W.I.P

February 28, 2021, 05:28:59 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Mazemerald.  in CAPCOM VS SNK 2 EO 2021 HD remastered version W.I.P (Started by Mazemerald. February 27, 2021, 02:23:44 AM
 Board: Projects

please, please preview video (one match at least)
I loved morrigan sprite, the other sprite edit she was too fat and tall

Coming soon i'll post a video to show, but this morrigan by divinewolf is perfect.

Really nice work, Mazemerald.

I´m glad to see works based in CVS2.

Thanks bro!

As a CvS2 creator this brings me nothing of joy. CvS2 isnt as popular as it used to be here on MFG, I'm talking about the Drex-SophieX-Raisu-JZ-Warusaki era where it was CvS2 galore!! This brings me much joy to see again.

Is this screenpack usable for square resolution?

CVS characters have been improved too much these years.

I saw it somewhere else when you posted it.
And this is awesome!

I usually feel frustrated by screenpacks that use "custom" portraits, because it become a pain in the *ss, avery freaking time you want to add a character,

BUT, since it's a full game, I'm really pleased to see it.

Keep it up.
This is an incredible project!

Also, sorry for the noobish question, but is it some possible mugen feature to change life bar in turns mode ???

Thanks! the lifebar color will change according to kinda mode you've chosen.

February 28, 2021, 05:18:28 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Orochi Gill  in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus (Started by Umezono February 26, 2021, 04:54:53 PM

Re: CS Sff for ssf2xchunli2 by "MASA"

February 28, 2021, 05:17:52 AM View in topic context
avatar  Posted by dampir  in CS Sff for ssf2xchunli2 by "MASA" (Started by dampir December 30, 2020, 07:14:21 PM
 Board: Edits & Add-ons

got stuck with RL work....originally i planed to CS the hands so they look like fingerless glooves, maybe in a few weeks...or months...

February 28, 2021, 04:15:16 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Trololo  in Character of the YEAR 2020 (Started by Jmorphman February 12, 2021, 08:48:14 PM

Welp, congrats to all contestants and especially to winners! Hope we'll see in the future more characters like that Mario.

February 28, 2021, 04:07:55 AM View in topic context
 Posted by Umezono  in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl + Pokemon Legends Arceus (Started by Umezono February 26, 2021, 04:54:53 PM

That seems a little unfair.  The former is attempting to recreate the original specifically with the intent of faithfulness, also picking an intentionally barren room, the latter is updating an considerably older game to modern standards and is being more liberal with their changes to spice it up.  Frankly, wasn't a fan of the Switch remake of Link's Awakening's new looks and skipped out on it because of it.

It not unfair in the slightest. Regardless of your preferences, the lighting and post processing, even the texture quality is leagues better than a remake of one of the highest grossing franchises by one of the most successful game developers. Its mediocrity. If they wanted to achieve the faithfulness they might as well have gone fully sprited rather than this rough mobile game quality stuff.