YesNoOk

Blackbeard (Read 21115 times)

Started by Dr.T, November 18, 2013, 08:52:27 AM
Share this topic:
Blackbeard
New #1  November 18, 2013, 08:52:27 AM
    • Finland
UPDATED 20.12.2013 (small fixes to movement speed)

My first MUGEN character: Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard", from One Piece (Gigant Battle sprites).

He has:

- 4 attack buttons + "knockdown attack" & "special movement" (dodge & roll)
- 8 special moves
- 4 ex moves (-500 power)
- 4 super moves

Movelist is in the Readme.

The sprites are a bit rough because I simply edited scale to 1.5 to make them bigger.

Download link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?iunul26cb9r2l4c
Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 10:05:14 AM by Dr.T
Re: Blackbeard
#2  November 18, 2013, 10:38:30 AM
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
Nice Release Man. !
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#3  November 18, 2013, 01:56:14 PM
    • Finland
Thanks! I'm already planning to do more One Piece characters.
#4  November 20, 2013, 06:04:53 PM
    • Finland
Fixed a problem with one of his supers (liberation), download link updated...
#5  November 21, 2013, 02:58:30 AM
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Pretty solid release for a first character , so congrats for that. Nothing particularity wrong/broken that i noticed but there are some things that need to be tweaked/fixed a bit:
his normal grabs dont have a grab sound like his special move grabs
ex grab doesnt have a grab sound either and send you moving back with the opponent and yea..looks weird and off
his gunfire is too active, you can block it for about 4 seconds even though its disappeared from the screen
would be cool if liberation purple fx hurt the opponent, like it slowly dragged them in(like his special grabs) and raised them up to the ruble imo so that he cant be hurt while summoning the ruble

I noticed that he doesnt really have any basic combos or anything like that, perhaps in the future give him a more variety set of combos? Like, after his launcher, give the opponent more hitstun so that you can combo or link into his gun special or his liberation super. I noticed after playing against him with different characters that his being launched animation(mvc style) shows him laying down going up.

Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:10:59 AM by Luis Alejandro
#6  November 21, 2013, 09:24:50 AM
    • Finland
Thanks, I have already made almost a dozen characters, and this one felt solid enough to share.

his normal grabs dont have a grab sound like his special move grabs

Yeah, I will add a grab sound to his normal grab too, I'm not sure why I didn't do it in the first place...

ex grab doesnt have a grab sound either and send you moving back with the opponent and yea..looks weird and off

I was lazy, so I didn't actually code his ex vortex as a grab, just added lots of hittime to p2...
I tought it looked fine to me, but I can fix it. :)

his gunfire is too active, you can block it for about 4 seconds even though its disappeared from the screen

Um, I'm not sure what you mean by that, maybe I should fix the projectiles guard distance parameter?

would be cool if liberation purple fx hurt the opponent, like it slowly dragged them in(like his special grabs) and raised them up to the ruble
imo so that he cant be hurt while summoning the ruble

Well, he already cant be hit with normal attacks while he is doing that move and I don't want the p2 to be sucked in because that super
is supposed to only shoot the rubble to his enemies. Also, the blackhole super already sucks p2 in and launches him with the rubble...

I noticed that he doesnt really have any basic combos or anything like that, perhaps in the future give him a more variety set of combos?
Like, after his launcher, give the opponent more hitstun so that you can combo or link into his gun special or his liberation super.

I'm not very good at making combos... Maybe I will give it a try in my next characters. Hmm, Blackbeards crouching kicks were
supposed to be able to combo in to his pistol fire, I will have to add more hittime to those...

Also, his ex sand kick launcher can be followed with upward vortex, but I will check that too.

I noticed after playing against him with different characters that his being launched animation(mvc style) shows him laying down going up.

I always have trouble adding those animations. I have to check that too...

Thanks for the feedback! I will make those fixes later and update the link. Might take until next week though...

Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:29:24 AM by Dr.T
#7  December 06, 2013, 11:30:13 AM
    • Finland
Updated download link again. Made a small change to his moveset + some other tweaks.
#8  December 06, 2013, 05:33:45 PM
  • It's time to fly...
    • USA
    • Skype - suburban-gamer

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
#9  December 17, 2013, 08:11:20 AM
  • Food and Woman!
Can you make his A.I strong?
#10  December 17, 2013, 09:18:16 AM
    • Finland
#11  December 17, 2013, 10:10:23 AM
  • Food and Woman!
Okay then, it's good to see more non-chibi characters now.