YesNoOk

CvS2 Carol, Goeniko, Mina, Iroha release!!!!!!!!!! =] (Read 26370 times)

Started by extravagant, July 04, 2020, 09:39:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: CvS2 Carol, Goeniko, Mina, Iroha release!!!!!!!!!! =]
#21  July 05, 2020, 12:44:09 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
What Mugen version are you using? I actually haven't tested in 1.1 yet

I use 1.1 but that shouldn't even be a problem. Iroha and Goeniko work fine but carol and mina don't which is weird. You've probably left some really old code in there.
Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 12:47:20 am by YugaCurry
#22  July 05, 2020, 03:00:02 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I said this at your other topic. I'll say it right here: You're doing a good work.
#23  July 06, 2020, 02:44:12 am
    • USA
FIRST POST UPDATED!!!

CvS2 Carol intro fixed
CvS2 Carol w/ dampir CvS2 spritesheet added w/ link,
CvS2 Goeniko minor update (taunt added, removed 1 debug glitch),
and CvS2 Mina updated as well, she had an intro glitch against Raiden.

What Mugen version are you using? I actually haven't tested in 1.1 yet

I use 1.1 but that shouldn't even be a problem. Iroha and Goeniko work fine but carol and mina don't which is weird. You've probably left some really old code in there.

Mina has been updated, try again please. As for Carol, I have no idea what is wrong. I personally don't use 1.1.

I said this at your other topic. I'll say it right here: You're doing a good work.

Thank you, stay tuned in for my future projects. Follow my youtube channel sometime, I post great fights, not just AI battles like most people do lol.

For Carol!

Oh, yes, this one of course!
So, he added the new animations as well, good!
And this one is one of my palette if I remember well (a suggestion for default pal variation) Glad to see it can be used in your version of her!

Well how about that, you are a palette master. If you could make some more palettes for Carol, that would be great. I actually edited the palette a little bit, there was some "missing shade" that needed to be lifted to a brighter color on her skin and leg, and now it looks better. But thank you, those palettes are really nice.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 03:27:45 am by extravagant
#24  July 06, 2020, 04:21:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Thanks for the updates. :)

So glad to see such great work with the SamSho waifus. :3 Will test Carol and Goeniko later.
In more further test, here's a bug on Iroha's power charge, in this case her voice during power charge. https://streamable.com/7e9w9k
Also i tested Mina after the update and she still have this. https://streamable.com/u9qpej
#25  July 06, 2020, 04:37:20 am
    • Peru
Hello extravagant.

Thank you very much for these releases, I use your characters in my game. I hope that you continue working in this kind of characters, CVS2 style I mean.

I have to say that Iroha don´t receive the entire Super Hadoken Level 3 of Ryu (Warusaki3), the power pass through her. But, Carol does.

Thank you again for your work my friend, I´m already one of your subs in your channel.
#26  July 06, 2020, 09:10:00 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Thanks, but I'm not a palette master.
I have a good sense for colors, but the creation process is not that easy for me. (I mean to make the palette functionnal)

Also, I reduced the number of colors in her skin to make the style somewhat more CVS.
But I think your edit look ok.

I might try to make more later. if the template is final.
Not sure.
#27  July 07, 2020, 06:02:01 am
  • goes back to Melchior!
    • Brazil
extravagant thanks for "resurrecting" the cvs grooves.
I am extremely happy to review this work again, I believe it will be a definite return.
Congratulations brother !!

Your actions may well save or destroy your life. You must handle your sword with full knowledge of the consequences. - Melchior
#28  July 09, 2020, 12:55:19 am
Nice Work, thanks

FEEDBACK

I ve found a glitch (generate clone) on cvsmina intro vs cvschunli [warusaki3]
#29  July 09, 2020, 02:25:50 am
    • Peru
Hello again.

During my battle with Carol she  flew and disappeared.
#30  July 09, 2020, 09:59:03 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Again, I really like these characters.
Waiting for the CVS sprited version of Carol. Not released yet, right ?
(EDIT, I just saw the patch was released as well)

Also :
-I really think Iroha would be even better with more kicks.
I could manage to make some custom or find some since few of them exists, but I'm really not good to manage SFF colors...
I will try something at least.

-Goeniko should/could easily be downgraded to low res with some face edit and color edit.
She would Match CVS-like style easily.
Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:21:04 am by Nedflandeurse
#31  July 10, 2020, 05:50:04 am
    • USA
extravagant thanks for "resurrecting" the cvs grooves.
I am extremely happy to review this work again, I believe it will be a definite return.
Congratulations brother !!

Thank you.

Hello extravagant.

Thank you very much for these releases, I use your characters in my game. I hope that you continue working in this kind of characters, CVS2 style I mean.

I have to say that Iroha don´t receive the entire Super Hadoken Level 3 of Ryu (Warusaki3), the power pass through her. But, Carol does.

Thank you again for your work my friend, I´m already one of your subs in your channel.

Thank you, I'll look into Iroha and Carol.

Nice Work, thanks

FEEDBACK

I ve found a glitch (generate clone) on cvsmina intro vs cvschunli [warusaki3]

Thank you, I might've made an explod glitch. Will look into that.

Again, I really like these characters.
Waiting for the CVS sprited version of Carol. Not released yet, right ?
(EDIT, I just saw the patch was released as well)

Also :
-I really think Iroha would be even better with more kicks.
I could manage to make some custom or find some since few of them exists, but I'm really not good to manage SFF colors...
I will try something at least.

-Goeniko should/could easily be downgraded to low res with some face edit and color edit.
She would Match CVS-like style easily.

Kicks? Any ideas you have?
Yes, the patch for Carol was released few days ago.
Just give Goeniko a palette change. An fx downgrade would be a lot of work for me to do. I wish it were really that simple.
In more further test, here's a bug on Iroha's power charge, in this case her voice during power charge. https://streamable.com/7e9w9k
Also i tested Mina after the update and she still have this. https://streamable.com/u9qpej

Thank you, I have fixed Iroha and Mina's glitch. I will release a patch soon. Waiting for more reports. Appreciate you help good sir, I hope your YouTube channel prospers!

#32  July 10, 2020, 07:01:59 am
    • lioipaz2010@hotmail.com
 I tested Carol and Mina like 100 times and they are really good, thanks for this and for notice to me about Carol lol. As said Carol is one of my favorite chars and i really like how she works on this system.

Only a feedback about Mina:
 - When she performs lv2 supers she cant cancel into specials, only into lv1 supers.

EDIT: I found a problem in Mina where a ground special (B,D,DB medium kick) can perform on air.
Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:34:41 am by Rhythmness
#33  July 10, 2020, 01:20:36 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

About Iroha.
I'll make some more searchs for possible sprites to use. Perhaps make some customs.

About Goeniko
This is a simple simulation of how she could be with : scalling + palette + simple face edit. (really lazy edit, some details missing)
#34  July 11, 2020, 07:49:40 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Damn, Dampir did such great job in Carol sprites and you on both Carol and Goeniko aswell Extravagant. :)

But i saw that Carol still have issue in cancel some specials to super. Otherwise, really great work.
#35  July 11, 2020, 01:10:25 pm
    • USA
    • kamahlp@gmail.com
Is there a complete moves list for these characters some where?
#36  July 12, 2020, 02:14:23 am
    • Indonesia
Wow... You are life savior for cvs mugen.
Can I ask your permission to include your chars on my game? :)
#37  July 12, 2020, 04:41:45 am
    • USA
[youtube]https://youtu.be/dOAZeoTa9Fs[/youtube]

Damn, Dampir did such great job in Carol sprites and you on both Carol and Goeniko aswell Extravagant. :)

But i saw that Carol still have issue in cancel some specials to super. Otherwise, really great work.

Yes! Dampir made a great CvS2 sprite patch. Let's also remember VioFitz new sprites for the original spritesheet in SNK style, and Dampir made the CvS2 style sprites for the new VioFitz sprites too. It's amazing stuff. IF you're bored, try doing a regular Carol CvS2 video too, to show the original SNK sprite. Personally for me, I really like the original SNK sprites too. They have more shading and detail. Both styles are great!

Is there a complete moves list for these characters some where?

For IKEMEN, it has support for a command list now. Which looks fantastic. I will consider this in the future possibly.

Wow... You are life savior for cvs mugen.
Can I ask your permission to include your chars on my game? :)

You may add my characters to your game but you already know I hate groove removal. That would mean a lot of the time I spent developing gameplay, strategy, and mixups for specific grooves would go to wasted efforts.

I tested Carol and Mina like 100 times and they are really good, thanks for this and for notice to me about Carol lol. As said Carol is one of my favorite chars and i really like how she works on this system.

Only a feedback about Mina:
 - When she performs lv2 supers she cant cancel into specials, only into lv1 supers.

EDIT: I found a problem in Mina where a ground special (B,D,DB medium kick) can perform on air.

Thank you for reporting, yes, I will fix this. I appreciate the reports.
Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 04:45:59 am by extravagant
#38  July 18, 2020, 11:42:31 pm
    • USA
I've recently tried out your recent creations (as well as the updated versions of your previous two) and I must say, they all play very great!

However, when I was testing out the AI of Carol in Watch Mode, I noticed that there is a bug that lets her either float above the ground or sink underneath it. I currently don't know what particular move of hers that lets her do this, but I just wanted you to be aware of it just in case.

Also, when Carol performs a run in either S, N, K, or EX grooves, her footsteps sound off. This can easily be fixed when editing her "cvscarol" CNS file by removing the ;s of the following line below.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Otherwise, excellent work on all of them! I can't wait to see what other characters you might plan to make in the CvS2-style.