YesNoOk

Cvs2 Master Of Fist Released (Read 22677 times)

Started by IKEISLEGEND, November 29, 2019, 04:10:38 am
Share this topic:
Cvs2 Master Of Fist Released
New #1  November 29, 2019, 04:10:38 am
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
Master Of Fist is finished it took longer than expected to finish this I as my time has been going to other things. We know this character as Asura although it has no name according to the storyline. I liked Dick Buckus version but I wanted a cvs version of him and here it is. This character has two modes cvs2 style with grooves and a standard mugen style with no grooves the removal patch is in the character for those who rather the standard mugen playstyle. I only converted six pals for him so far I'll add more in a future update along with special intros with against other characters hes missing a few sounds as well. Its a pretty strong character enjoy

credits to Dick Buckus for the Sff, small port

Link to character  http://www.mediafire.com/file/q4ybn62ffa4aaht/unknown.rar/file

HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 07:42:27 pm by IKEISLEGEND
Re: ?????? Released
#2  November 29, 2019, 08:29:16 am
good stuff ike!
Re: ?????? Released
#3  November 29, 2019, 08:37:53 am
    • USA
thanks Bro
HIDDEN BOSS
Re: Cvs2 ?????? Released
#4  November 29, 2019, 09:40:42 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I liked this, I'll make a CVS2 style Mugen with your char, thanks!
#5  November 29, 2019, 09:59:06 am
    • USA
go ahead enjoy it
HIDDEN BOSS
#6  November 29, 2019, 10:28:41 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Already I'm confused to why you've got the x and y scale like that. He's perfect at 1x1.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#7  November 29, 2019, 04:08:46 pm
    • USA
It was my own personal setting he too wide in my HD setting so I adjusted
HIDDEN BOSS
#8  November 29, 2019, 04:34:52 pm
    • UK
Ok, here's my full feedback:
1. There are CVS-styled Sprites for Goenitz by Dampir you could use for his intro, and is the yell at the end supposed to be from him?
2. May I also suggest other intros?
3. Shouldn't his Alt. Stance be animated.
4. It's peculiar that you mix voices from God Rugal and Oni, with some random Akuma voices.
5. His Taunt should have a stomp sound like Akuma had.
6. His Far HK is +7 on Block.
7. I'd suggest buffing his Shoryukens.
8. Shouldn't his Light DP,K knock the opponent upwards for multiple hits like Akuma's Tatsumaki (Same with the Medium)? And his Heavy DP,K falls a bit fast.
9. The Shoryuken on his Level 1/2 QCFx2,K should have a bit more horizontal range. And the Level 2 version does less damage than the Level 1.
10. The Super sparks on his Misogi, MAX QCFx2,k and Shun Goku Satsu are out of place.
11. He's a bit shaky when dragging the opponent during the God Press and Gigantic Pressure.
Edit: His Standing MP is also out of place, maybe a few more moves too.
I could also do a quick readme with the Movelist if you want.

Last Edit: I'd suggest swapping his God End and Messatsu Go Hadou commands and make the Gohadou QCFx2,p.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 05:03:49 pm by RagingRowen
#9  November 29, 2019, 04:55:31 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Two minutes of gameplay

Ok, where should we start?

- CLSN are really bad. Some frames have too much boxes, some don't even have boxes, and some attacks have infinite priority. Some attacks don't even connect because of bad placement of CLSN. I suggest you look for some official hitboxes to have an idea on how they work.
- The x and y scale is really weird.
- Some effects stay on the screen if you cancel the move, and some don't have alpha transparency for some reason
- The voices are also really weird, a mix of different characters voices, don't sound good.
- Why is his stance animation static? I remember Buckus stance having more frames.
- A lot of missaligned effects.

I've tested only for a few minutes, there's probably more. You really need to rework these things I mentioned.

More pics in the spoiler:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 05:39:39 pm by DeathScythe
#10  November 29, 2019, 09:14:52 pm
    • USA
Ok, here's my full feedback:
1. There are CVS-styled Sprites for Goenitz by Dampir you could use for his intro, and is the yell at the end supposed to be from him?
2. May I also suggest other intros?
3. Shouldn't his Alt. Stance be animated.
4. It's peculiar that you mix voices from God Rugal and Oni, with some random Akuma voices.
5. His Taunt should have a stomp sound like Akuma had.
6. His Far HK is +7 on Block.
7. I'd suggest buffing his Shoryukens.
8. Shouldn't his Light DP,K knock the opponent upwards for multiple hits like Akuma's Tatsumaki (Same with the Medium)? And his Heavy DP,K falls a bit fast.
9. The Shoryuken on his Level 1/2 QCFx2,K should have a bit more horizontal range. And the Level 2 version does less damage than the Level 1.
10. The Super sparks on his Misogi, MAX QCFx2,k and Shun Goku Satsu are out of place.
11. He's a bit shaky when dragging the opponent during the God Press and Gigantic Pressure.
Edit: His Standing MP is also out of place, maybe a few more moves too.
I could also do a quick readme with the Movelist if you want.

Last Edit: I'd suggest swapping his God End and Messatsu Go Hadou commands and make the Gohadou QCFx2,p.

1. the sprites aren't an issue although they couldn't have been better animated but I'll look at those

2. I'm open to suggestions

3. yea it is but I dont personally care for it

4. his voices are off as a whole as I mentioned in the post that I'll add sounds for him

5. yea I missed the taunt

6. +7 ? Dont see a problem there it has a 5 frame recovery so it's fine actually

7. Dragon fist does need invincibility on start up

8. the behavior on it is fine it doesn't hit like Akuma because its not akuma. The vel is to fast tho thanks

9.  thier could be more range but it's not an actual issue the damage is fine level 2 does more damage than level 1 are you in 1.1

10.  Fixed the spark pos and the max 3 with kick spark pos is ok to me check the spark for dp supers its kinda the same

11. I actually like the shaking makes it look a bit more dramatic also his standing mid punch is fine but there's no clsn on his arm tho I'll add that

He pretty much has all the same moves I didnt really care for a command list but if you want to make one sure go ahead
HIDDEN BOSS
#11  November 29, 2019, 09:22:58 pm
    • UK
Fair enough, Movelist on the line:
WIP Schedule:
#12  November 29, 2019, 11:15:52 pm
    • USA
Two minutes of gameplay

Ok, where should we start?

- CLSN are really bad. Some frames have too much boxes, some don't even have boxes, and some attacks have infinite priority. Some attacks don't even connect because of bad placement of CLSN. I suggest you look for some official hitboxes to have an idea on how they work.
- The x and y scale is really weird.
- Some effects stay on the screen if you cancel the move, and some don't have alpha transparency for some reason
- The voices are also really weird, a mix of different characters voices, don't sound good.
- Why is his stance animation static? I remember Buckus stance having more frames.
- A lot of missaligned effects.

I've tested only for a few minutes, there's probably more. You really need to rework these things I mentioned.

More pics in the spoiler:

Ok the CLSN issues are ok though their are a few anims that are off thats normal considering the hundreds of anims there are so "really bad'" is a terrible analysis they are fine few tweaks are needed. ALL his attacks connect fine and the priority is fine nice try tho. Infinite priority ? I never even heard of that you saying anything on the post now

the x y scale  I mentioned above why I changed the x scale the y scale is the cvs2 sizing  of Rugal as its supposed to be so no issuse there but ill adjust the x scale back for everyone

I did see that heaven on the screen when you alpha cancel its been fixed thanks. All effect have transparency
 that need it Im lost there

Hes supposed to be two fighters in one that explains the multi voice thats actually cool though they need updating

His stance doesnt repeat because I didnt like it much but Ill set it back for everyone else

The super start up was off on a few moves its been updated.

Attacks from tall characters wiffing on small characters happen all the time in fighting games thats not a universal issue judging by your feedback I
can tell you are inexperienced  with fighting games this occurs in all top fighting games nobody named this an officall issue but thanks for the feedback anyways

HIDDEN BOSS
#13  November 30, 2019, 12:25:35 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Infinite priority ? I never even heard of that you saying anything on the post now

Ok then. See how asura's s.MP (you can also do this with s.HP as well) is pretty much winning all trades with kfm's s.LP. That's infinite priority/weapon priority. When not on a perceived weapon, it looks terrible and pretty much makes s.MP or s.HP the best normals to use period.

the x y scale  I mentioned above why I changed the x scale the y scale is the cvs2 sizing  of Rugal as its supposed to be so no issuse there but ill adjust the x scale back for everyone

That only applied when it comes to the characters with CPS2 sprites, not the originally sprited ones like god rugal here (asura in this case but this still doesn't excuse it... also if fixes the s.LP not hitting KFM lol)

Attacks from tall characters wiffing on small characters happen all the time in fighting games thats not a universal issue judging by your feedback I
can tell you are inexperienced  with fighting games this occurs in all top fighting games nobody named this an officall issue but thanks for the feedback anyways

Just because yamazaki can't hit nakoruru (a small character in CVS2 BTW) in CVS2 does not excuse asura from fucking whiffing KFM with his s.LP up close... also nice ad hominem.
#14  November 30, 2019, 12:37:56 am
    • USA
Fair enough, Movelist on the line:

this is great         ???? execution change it  to violent choke

Messatsu Wave is cool

Shoryu Heaven  -- Messatsu  Gou  Heaven

HIDDEN BOSS
#15  November 30, 2019, 12:42:48 am
    • UK

Messatsu Wave is cool

The ??? Execution is just the Rugal Execution used by God Rugal, it's the exact same move so I don't understand the name change.

I may or may not consider the next 2. I chose Shoryu Heaven in a similar manner to Sean's Shoryu Cannon.

WIP Schedule:
#16  November 30, 2019, 01:02:01 am
    • USA
Infinite priority ? I never even heard of that you saying anything on the post now

Ok then. See how asura's s.MP (you can also do this with s.HP as well) is pretty much winning all trades with kfm's s.LP. That's infinite priority/weapon priority. When not on a perceived weapon, it looks terrible and pretty much makes s.MP or s.HP the best normals to use period.

That only applied when it comes to the characters with CPS2 sprites, not the originally sprited ones like god rugal here (asura in this case but this still doesn't excuse it... also if fixes the s.LP not hitting KFM lol)

Just because yamazaki can't hit nakoruru (a small character in CVS2 BTW) in CVS2 does not excuse asura from fucking whiffing KFM with his s.LP up close... also nice ad hominem.

I see........ well kfm wasnt meant to be a competitive chatacter as is this is where priority actually matters test against other cvs2 chars and see the result on who wins or trades

I been playing cvs2 since I was a kid so its  nothing you can tell me about the game I dont already know the scaling matches Rugals I been through every chars scaling already .

that Yamazaki wiff is one of many instances in that in that game and in fighting games I guess capcom should scale sentinal so his standing hard punch can hit or maybe  snk  should scale krauser so he wont wiff or maybe kenshiro the hokto no ken chars cuz they wiff all day long especally on kfm lul......... Btw watch a cvs2 evo match and let me know how many time you even see a standing mid punch from any char let alone simultaneous mid punches GGs

HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 02:00:44 am by IKEISLEGEND
#17  November 30, 2019, 01:13:20 am
    • USA

Messatsu Wave is cool

The ??? Execution is just the Rugal Execution used by God Rugal, it's the exact same move so I don't understand the name change.

I may or may not consider the next 2. I chose Shoryu Heaven in a similar manner to Sean's Shoryu Cannon.

well in that case you are doing the move list  you can keep the Shoryu heaven its fine
HIDDEN BOSS
#18  November 30, 2019, 01:16:53 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Please don't double post.
#19  November 30, 2019, 01:47:06 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I see........ well kfm wasnt meant to be a competitive chatacter is this is where priority actually matters test against other cvs2 chars and see the result on who wins or trades

Ummm, what does kfm not being a "competitive character" have to do infinite priority that shouldn't be there in the first place. This is just basic shit that should know when making a character with custom CLSNs. I showed you what happens when the CLSNs have them.

I been playing cvs2 since I was a kid so its  nothing you can tell me about the game I dont already know the scaling matches Rugals I been through every chars scaling already .

And how does playing said game as a kid relate to know said scaling of each character and how it applies to mugen without any evidence that it should be what you set it at currently. I've looked at warusaki3's god rugal for reference and it's x = 1 and y = 1

that Yamazaki wiff is one of many instances in that in that game and in fighting games I guess capcom should scale sentinal so his standing hard punch can hit or make snk  should scale krauser so he wont wiff or maybe kenshiro the hokto no ken chars cuz they wiff all day long especally on kfm lul......... Btw watch a cvs2 evo match and let me know how many time you even see a standing mid punch from any char let alone simultaneous mid punches GGs

The thing is with characters from the atlus hokuto no ken FG, most conversions have their CLSN's accurate to source so they have no choice but to wiff kfm. (no that they need it considering the characters that come from said game) Your character doesn't have that excuse, it's custom, it was only ever referenced in an ending in CVS2. It wiffs the character that comes with a fresh download of the engine up close... I don't think I need to say anything more but fix your CLSNs they're bad.
#20  November 30, 2019, 02:18:24 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Ok the CLSN issues are ok though their are a few anims that are off thats normal considering the hundreds of anims there are so "really bad'" is a terrible analysis they are fine few tweaks are needed. ALL his attacks connect fine and the priority is fine nice try tho. Infinite priority ? I never even heard of that you saying anything on the post now
If you think this is "fine", ok then. I just have never seen any char with that kind of CLSN, where you have no blue box covering red boxes, where you don't have a blue box that goes to his feet (except for a few jumping attacks) causing crouching attacks to miss, and so on. Take a look here if needed.
http://kod.trinitymugen.net/K.O.D's_Basic_CLSN_Tutorial.html

The "cvs2 scale" you're talking about applies only to some characters as mentioned already, for example Cammy and Sakura who had their original sprites recycled from CPS2 games where the screen ratio is different. CPS2 screen is 384 x 224 while CVS2 uses standard 320 x 240. Characters with new sprites on this game, such as Rugal and probably all SNK fighters, are already designed to work with the CVS2 ratio, so there's no need to scale them.

It happens on tall vs small characters, I know that, but KFM is not small and it still wiffs. If you take Rugal as an example (since he and Asura should be the same height), he doesn't wiff KFM on any attack.
Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 02:25:00 am by DeathScythe