YesNoOk

G Done EX: GALAXY FIGHT Release! (Read 15417 times)

Started by ironjw, March 01, 2014, 09:19:03 AM
Share this topic:
G Done EX: GALAXY FIGHT Release!
New #1  March 01, 2014, 09:19:03 AM
=======================================================================
                                                              G Done: GALAXY FIGHT

Game Play
3 Button Game Play: X/Y/X = Light Attack , Med Attack & Strong Attack
Taunt: Enter or Start Button
Forward Dash: F,F  (Goes through behind enemy)
Back Dash: B,B

Color Select
Color1 ORIGINAL= X OR A
Color2 GREEN/PINK = Y OR B
Color3 BLUE/RED = Z OR C

Throw
DOUBLE KNEE BASH:  FORWARD + X
HOOK THROW:  BACK + X
OVERHEAD THROW:  BACK + Y
GERMAN SUPLEX:  FORWARD + Y
SHOULDER DROP:  BACK + Z
SUPER PILEDRIVER:  FORWARD + Z

Specials
RUNNING HEADBUTT:  WHILE RUNING F,D,DF, X/Y/Z
ROLL: D,DF, F X/Y/Z (DODGE INCOMING ATTACK)
AIR BACK ATTACK:  F, DF, D X/Y/Z (AIR ONLY)
AIR CROSS CHOP: B,BD, D, DF, F, X/Y/X (AIR ONLY)
AIR PUNCH:  D, DF, F X/Y/Z (AIR ONLY)
AIR MEGA PUNCH THUNDER:  F, D, DF, X/Y/Z (AIR ONLY)

Desperation Move
NONE

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3kdvbpy5kin6wd9/G+Done+3-4-2014+Update.rar
Arcade Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8bjfzipl242n2zp/G+Done+Arcade+Version.rar

AI: Yes
Win Quotes: Yes
Dizzy State: No
Ending: Yes

Know Error:  Many mugen characters missing frame from G. Done's throw.....fix coming soon!

UPDATE: 3-1-2014
Fix standing animation
Fix sound for roll
Fix running state P1 have full control, P2 dead will stop running
Add new intro
Update Air Mega Punch Thunder jump backward closer to original source
Update blood & Air Mega Punch Fx animations 

UPDATE: 3-2-2014
Fix sound for Air Cross Chop && Running headbutt
Redo intro
Fix animation timing for standing pose
Fix Running headbutt command, last update cant perform move
Remove Air Block
Fix Ok Voice
Fix & add missing change hit animation
Add dust after landing
Add missing frame from getting up
Remove Vel 0,0 for normal standing moves
Remove Addpower
Add arcade version:  almost same version without variation of special attack

Next update?
Fix throw DONE!
Add dizzy state

G Done EX: GALAXY FIGHT

Game Play
4 Button Game Play: Light Punch , Strong Punch && Light Kick , Strong Kick
Taunt: Enter or Start Button
Forward Dash: F,F  (Goes through behind enemy)
Back Dash: B,B
EX Moves: Both Punch or Kick Button / Requires 500 Powers
Super:  ***Requires Max Power & Health 50% or Less***

Throws
DOUBLE KNEE BASH:  FORWARD + Light Punch
GERMAN SUPLEX:  FORWARD + Strong Punch
OVERHEAD THROW:  BACK + Strong Kick
Air HOOK THROW:  BACK + Light Punch (Air only)
Air SHOULDER DROP:  FORWARD + Strong Kick (Air Only)

Specials
FLYING HEADBUTT:  Hold B, F + Any Punch (EX)
ROLL: D,DF, F Any Kick (DODGE INCOMING ATTACK)
AIR BACK ATTACK:  D, DB, B + Any Kick (AIR ONLY)
AIR CROSS CHOP: Hold D, U Any Punch (EX)
AIR PUNCH:  F, D, DF + Any Punch (AIR ONLY)
AIR MEGA PUNCH THUNDER:  F, D, DF, Both Punch (AIR ONLY & EX)
SUPER PILEDRIVER:  360 Motion + Any Punch (Close Distance)

Desperation Move
Omega German Suplex Piledrive Drop: 360 x 2 Motion + Any Punch (Close Distance)

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ir5z5y8u7q4vj2g/G+Done+EX+4-19-2014.rar
AI: Yes
Win Quotes: Yes
Dizzy State: Yes
Ending: Yes

Update:  4/19/2014
AI Update
Increase hit box for Air Cross Chop
Update Sound for DM

[Special Credit and Thanks]
Elecbyte for Mugen Engine
Ryon for Video Tutorials
Goemar for sprite sheet
And Sunsoft
Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:53:36 PM by ironjw
Re: G Done: GALAXY FIGHT
#2  March 01, 2014, 10:02:26 AM
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Galaxy Fight was made by Sunsoft, btw. Not SNK.
#3  March 01, 2014, 12:45:03 PM
  • Musician-Stage creator-Spriter-IFF Combat adviser.
    • Indonesia
    • www.youtube.com/user/EXmugen
At long last... Been waiting on this guy from day 1. Thanks!
#4  March 01, 2014, 02:08:35 PM
Is this version of Golden Done accurate to the game or at least meant to be? So that I can give feedback (if I can find any).

FEEDBACK

- The running headbutt uses a default sound;
- the basics shouldn't connect to each other (you shouldn't do x then y then z);
- Double Knee Bash should throw the enemy away after the second knee attack;
- forward + z shouldn't be that fast and uses a wrong voice sample (actually in the game he doesn't say anything while performing the throw);
- you shouldn't be able to guard while in air;
- the rolls should all be the same; you did this: with x it does a certain roll, with y it goes further, with z it goes even further; but they should have the same "speed";
- the stance animation is wrong (timing on each frame); it doesn't even use all the frames;
- in general timings are not accurate to the game; if you want to get good timings I suggest you to get an emulator with frame to frame advance like Final Burn Alpha Re-recording and the rom of the game;
- when you run you can't jump, you can't stop running, you can't attack, you can't roll; you can just perform the running headbutt;
- default/KFM sounds here and there in some moves (like the rolls);
- the back attack should only fall down, no x velocity (unless you're doing the running jump);
- some get hit sprites are wrong; you used the "tired/dizzy" ones for get hits;
- in the taunt the blood should be used like this: 1-0-1-0-1-0-1 etc. (1= sprite; 0=nothing) to simulate the trasparency like in the game; the colour of the blood is wrong in the end of the animation (but this is not your fault);
- the taunt has a lifeadd with "-10" in the value; take it out;
- x (in air) shouldn't cancel to itself;
- sound 11,0 isn't the default KO voice but 900,10;
- if the opponent is dead and you start running, he won't stop running;
- wrong sound for win pose;
- there should be two win poses by the way: when G.Done is near the opponent and when he is far from him/her; they don't have to play at random (like you wrote in the codes);
- the air mega punch thunder doesn't have to stay behind G.Done while doing the back jump; hmmm... it is a bit complicated to explain with just words. I'll take some screens from your version and from the game.
Here:
Spoiler: from your mugen conversion (click to see content)
Spoiler: from the game (click to see content)
See? It doesn't overlap your character when it ought to, in your mugen character; but in the game it does overlap him.
To view them better, save them and view them frame by frame; you can notice that the thunder effect is animated in the way I described the blood (that is 1-0-1-0-1 etc.).

I will test more later.
The timings and velocities are wrong in your character; the effects should use that "type of trasparency" (you know, the 1-0-1-0 and so on) so one tip I can give you is to look at how the game works with an emulator, to have better accuracy.
Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:08:55 PM by Alex Sinigaglia
#5  March 01, 2014, 10:27:50 PM
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
[...crying of joy!]  :laugh:
#6  March 02, 2014, 03:48:19 AM
  • I'm a llama!
Thanks man for going original once again :)
#7  March 02, 2014, 09:31:54 AM
Is this version of Golden Done accurate to the game or at least meant to be? So that I can give feedback (if I can find any).

I planed on making accurate arcade version, but G Done's moves dont have many variation and pretty limited.  In the med way, I decide to make some changes for gameplay purpose.

FEEDBACK

- The running headbutt uses a default sound;
  Fixed
- the basics shouldn't connect to each other (you shouldn't do x then y then z);
  Intentional
- Double Knee Bash should throw the enemy away after the second knee attack;
- forward + z shouldn't be that fast and uses a wrong voice sample (actually in the game he doesn't say anything while performing the throw);
  Intentional for mugen Removed airguard
- the rolls should all be the same; you did this: with x it does a certain roll, with y it goes further, with z it goes even further; but they should have the same "speed";
  Game play
- the stance animation is wrong (timing on each frame); it doesn't even use all the frames;
  Fixed
- in general timings are not accurate to the game; if you want to get good timings I suggest you to get an emulator with frame to frame advance like Final Burn Alpha Re-recording and the rom of the game;
  I'll look into it!
- when you run you can't jump, you can't stop running, you can't attack, you can't roll; you can just perform the running headbutt;
- default/KFM sounds here and there in some moves (like the rolls);
  Update rolls sounds
- the back attack should only fall down, no x velocity (unless you're doing the running jump);
  Added Vel
- some get hit sprites are wrong; you used the "tired/dizzy" ones for get hits;
  Fixed
- in the taunt the blood should be used like this: 1-0-1-0-1-0-1 etc. (1= sprite; 0=nothing) to simulate the trasparency like in the game; the colour of the blood is wrong in the end of the animation (but this is not your fault);
  Fixed!
  Mmmmm........removed........:(
- x (in air) shouldn't cancel to itself;
- sound 11,0 isn't the default KO voice but 900,10;
  Fixed
- if the opponent is dead and you start running, he won't stop running;

LOL!!! Fixed
  Which one?
- there should be two win poses by the way: when G.Done is near the opponent and when he is far from him/her; they don't have to play at random (like you wrote in the codes);
- the air mega punch thunder doesn't have to stay behind G.Done while doing the back jump; hmmm... it is a bit complicated to explain with just words. I'll take some screens from your version and from the game.
Here:
Spoiler: from your mugen conversion (click to see content)
Spoiler: from the game (click to see content)
See? It doesn't overlap your character when it ought to, in your mugen character; but in the game it does overlap him.
To view them better, save them and view them frame by frame; you can notice that the thunder effect is animated in the way I described the blood (that is 1-0-1-0-1 etc.).
  Fixed!  Thanks for the video

I will test more later.
The timings and velocities are wrong in your character; the effects should use that "type of trasparency" (you know, the 1-0-1-0 and so on) so one tip I can give you is to look at how the game works with an emulator, to have better accuracy.

I didn't realize G Done running state wont stop after P2 is dead......LOL!
Final Burn Alpha Re-recording looks interesting.  Ill definite study the hit box
Thank you for your feed back and tips!!!
Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:29:45 AM by ironjw
#8  March 02, 2014, 11:22:07 AM
I want to add that you can also use Kawaks. Final Burn Alpha was the first emulator that came to my mind.
Which one?
State 182, anim 182.

Intentional for mugen
Ok, I see. By the way, if you are interested in doing this you can code an assertspecial with noairguard as a flag in state -2 and trigger1 = 1. But maybe you already know that.

I know it would make some sense, but I said that because of accuracy with the game, that's all. :)
And also, it would look weird to use the taunt while you have 10 or less of health: after that you would kill yourself. :D

Know Error:  Many mugen characters missing frame from G. Done's throw.....fix coming soon!

In the custom state, you could use two changeanim2, one for your character and one for every other character.

I did like this in my character:
Code:
[State 820, 1]
type = ChangeAnim2
triggerall = name = " (here the name of your character) " && authorname = " (here your authorname) "
trigger1 = Time = 0
value = 820

[State 820, 1 Alternate]
type = ChangeAnim2
triggerall = name != " (here the name of your character) " && authorname != " (here your authorname) "
Trigger1 = Time = 0
value = 821
and make two animations for the throws. I'm sure there is another way to accomplish this, but I don't remember now.

Other feedback:
- Stance animation does not have the right timing. It should be: 10 7 5 4 3 4 5 7 (in ticks).
- Basics mustn't have velset = 0,0;
- missing intro from the game;
- he shouldn't crouch while running;
- and the other stuff I addressed and that you're going to fix.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:28:58 PM by Alex Sinigaglia
#9  March 03, 2014, 08:33:02 AM
I want to add that you can also use Kawaks. Final Burn Alpha was the first emulator that came to my mind.
Which one?
State 182, anim 182.

Fixed

Intentional for mugen
Ok, I see. By the way, if you are interested in doing this you can code an assertspecial with noairguard as a flag in state -2 and trigger1 = 1. But maybe you already know that.

I know it would make some sense, but I said that because of accuracy with the game, that's all. :)
And also, it would look weird to use the taunt while you have 10 or less of health: after that you would kill yourself. :D

In the custom state, you could use two changeanim2, one for your character and one for every other character.

I did like this in my character:
Code:
[State 820, 1]
type = ChangeAnim2
triggerall = name = " (here the name of your character) " && authorname = " (here your authorname) "
trigger1 = Time = 0
value = 820

[State 820, 1 Alternate]
type = ChangeAnim2
triggerall = name != " (here the name of your character) " && authorname != " (here your authorname) "
Trigger1 = Time = 0
value = 821
and make two animations for the throws. I'm sure there is another way to accomplish this, but I don't remember now.

Other feedback:
- Stance animation does not have the right timing. It should be: 10 7 5 4 3 4 5 7 (in ticks).
Fixed
Can you give me a exmaple?
- missing intro from the game;
Added
- he shouldn't crouch while running;
Fixed
- and the other stuff I addressed and that you're going to fix.
More updated coming soon!!!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Posted: March 03, 2014, 08:34:22 AM
Galaxy Fight was made by Sunsoft, btw. Not SNK.
Ooops...

Posted: March 03, 2014, 08:35:56 AM
Thanks man for going original once again :)

[...crying of joy!]  :laugh:

At long last... Been waiting on this guy from day 1. Thanks!

Your welcome!
#10  March 03, 2014, 10:16:01 AM
Alex said:
Can you give me a example?
It's simple: in the statedefs of the basics (like the Standing Light Punch) remove the line that says velset = 0,0.
Code:
[Statedef 200]
type    = S
movetype= A
physics = S
juggle  = 1
velset = 0,0       ;remove this one.
ctrl = 0
anim = 200
poweradd = 20
sprpriority = 2

- I would add the characters don't use power; so the poweradds should go away, but maybe you have something in mind...
#11  March 08, 2014, 01:43:11 AM
  • me? yes i am newbie
not a big fan of him, but seems you did all his moves good, he was also only missing as well, so congratz for sealing galaxy roster in mugen.

DW

#12  March 12, 2014, 06:21:16 PM
  • I lay waste to my enemies.
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Alex said:
Can you give me a example?
It's simple: in the statedefs of the basics (like the Standing Light Punch) remove the line that says velset = 0,0.
Code:
[Statedef 200]
type    = S
movetype= A
physics = S
juggle  = 1
velset = 0,0       ;remove this one.
ctrl = 0
anim = 200
poweradd = 20
sprpriority = 2

- I would add the characters don't use power; so the poweradds should go away, but maybe you have something in mind...

What? No.

-Basics should have velset = 0,0, unless you want your char sliding around if he/she performs any basic attack after an action with any kind of momentum. Don't change that, you had it right.

-The poweradd value is a positive value. That means when the char performs state 200, they'll gain 20 power just for performing it. Essentially every char uses this. IDK what you're talking about. :-\ That, along with the getpower parameter in the hitdef, is how chars gain power/build meter from attacks.

Do not change those parameters, you had it right.
#13  March 12, 2014, 07:31:41 PM
What? No.
A question: did you try the game?
Because it seems not.

-Basics should have velset = 0,0, unless you want your char sliding around if he/she performs any basic attack after an action with any kind of momentum. Don't change that, you had it right.
-The poweradd value is a positive value. That means when the char performs state 200, they'll gain 20 power just for performing it. Essentially every char uses this. IDK what you're talking about. :-\ That, along with the getpower parameter in the hitdef, is how chars gain power/build meter from attacks.

- Yes, that's what I meant.
- In Galaxy Fight they don't use power. So I said "I would add the characters don't use power; so the poweradds should go away," but I also said "but maybe you have something in mind..."; he could make this char like NHK's Galaxy Fight chars where there is a mode (Palettes 1-2-3-4-5-6) in which he uses power to perform techniques and another mode (Palettes 7-8-9-10-11-12) which does not use power and is more game accurate.

Do you see what I mean?

I know what those parameters mean, you didn't have to explain them to me.
Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:38:56 PM by Alex Sinigaglia

DW

#14  March 12, 2014, 07:44:26 PM
  • I lay waste to my enemies.
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I've played the game, but not that much really. If the chars don't use power, whether he adds poweradd or not wouldn't matter. So, there's still no reason to get rid of it, whether he plans to add an additional mode or not. If the chars slide around, then so be it.
#15  March 13, 2014, 12:53:55 AM
What? No.
A question: did you try the game?
Because it seems not.

- Yes, that's what I meant.
- In Galaxy Fight they don't use power. So I said "I would add the characters don't use power; so the poweradds should go away," but I also said "but maybe you have something in mind..."; he could make this char like NHK's Galaxy Fight chars where there is a mode (Palettes 1-2-3-4-5-6) in which he uses power to perform techniques and another mode (Palettes 7-8-9-10-11-12) which does not use power and is more game accurate.

Do you see what I mean?

I know what those parameters mean, you didn't have to explain them to me.

I've played the game, but not that much really. If the chars don't use power, whether he adds poweradd or not wouldn't matter. So, there's still no reason to get rid of it, whether he plans to add an additional mode or not. If the chars slide around, then so be it.

I have to agree with Alex, remove addpower.
It services no purpose and most likely I will make few more adjustment to match close to original source

Im planing on working on alter version of G Done possible a 4 button setup mix game play of Zangief pile drive & E Honda's headbutt