YesNoOk

Mugen Ball Mini Game [MUGEN 1.0] *Updated* (Read 3597 times)

Started by The4ury, July 11, 2022, 11:30:56 pm
Share this topic:
Mugen Ball Mini Game [MUGEN 1.0] *Updated*
#1  July 11, 2022, 11:30:56 pm
    • UK
*ONLY TESTED ON MUGEN 1.0*

I created this bonus game that is inspired by Tekken's 'Tekken Ball'. The goal off the game is to stop the ball from hitting the ground. This can be done by hitting the ball or even making contact with it. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Feedback is welcome.

EDIT: Noticed an issue with hitsparks, will attempt to fix now. * FIXED *

EDIT 2: Sorry guys download again.
Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 10:17:46 pm by The4ury
Re: Mugen Ball [MUGEN 1.0]
#2  July 12, 2022, 04:28:32 am
    • USA
This is cool dude. Will definitely be fun to see the different wild characters of Mugen mess around with this new Minigame.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#3  July 12, 2022, 08:28:33 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I once fooled around with something like this, but it was a basketball. Yours is a lot more hardcore, haha.

- The folder and def file don't have the same name
- The first time the ball falls it can't bounce off the character. Seems intentional but it's also inconsistent with the rest of the game
- Since you're using CPS-2 sprites I think you should resize the ball so it's actually round
- I think hitting the ball should give you more points than letting it hit you. You could also make the points a function of damage taken
- Could use an indicator of where the ball is when it exits the screen. Kind of like Marvel but in reverse
- Geese's counter reverses the ball, thus making it inert (;P). All HitDefs should be projectile type and the Hitoverrides should include throws
- Related to the above, as a safeguard you could make the ball go back to the top of the screen (like the first bounce) if it enters a state it's not supposed to
- The ball velocity when bouncing could be a little more random. You can win the game by just hitting it once and positioning yourself right
- Ball bounce should also be triggered by Movereversed
- For [State -2, PosSet], I think you should just make it the same position as the ball so that it triggers proximity normals and stuff
- 40 seconds is too long IMO
- Could use hitsparks when the ball hits you
- When the ball bounces off the corners of the screen, you forgot to account for its width. It should reverse direction a bit earlier than it does now
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#4  July 12, 2022, 09:10:36 pm
    • UK
This is cool dude. Will definitely be fun to see the different wild characters of Mugen mess around with this new Minigame.

Thanks  :P

I once fooled around with something like this, but it was a basketball. Yours is a lot more hardcore, haha.

PotS  :mwhoa: Thanks for the feedback!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#5  July 13, 2022, 07:34:18 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Another thing: if a character has more than 1000 life, the explosion won't kill it and thus the game will hang. This is because you used "lifemax" as the explosion damage, and that lifemax refers to the bonus game rather than the opponent. A better way would be to use a ridiculous number for damage and then a LifeSet in the custom state, just to be safe.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#6  July 13, 2022, 09:44:46 pm
    • UK
Mugen Ball updated.

When the ball bounces off the corners of the screen, you forgot to account for its width. It should reverse direction a bit earlier than it does now

I noticed this as well but I cant figure how to solve this.

Could use an indicator of where the ball is when it exits the screen. Kind of like Marvel but in reverse

This will hopefully be done in the next update.

Another thing: if a character has more than 1000 life, the explosion won't kill it and thus the game will hang. This is because you used "lifemax" as the explosion damage, and that lifemax refers to the bonus game rather than the opponent. A better way would be to use a ridiculous number for damage and then a LifeSet in the custom state, just to be safe.

Thanks for letting me know.
Re: Mugen Ball Mini Game [MUGEN 1.0] *Updated*
#7  July 14, 2022, 12:20:13 am
  • Raging Fist
Now this is an eye opener! I've always wanted to see the classic Tekken Ball mode happen for real in Mugen, or even Ikemen, but I'm not sure if there can be an actual game mode made or just a mini game for it :/.
Still, nicely done!