YesNoOk

SD BLUESTREAK RELEASED, UPDATED 03-07-14! (Read 25812 times)

Started by Balthazar, June 02, 2014, 02:16:16 AM
Share this topic:
SD BLUESTREAK RELEASED, UPDATED 03-07-14!
#1  June 02, 2014, 02:16:16 AM
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Many big thanks to @johnny916: , also to @Diepod: and @Balmsold: We present you SD Bluestreak!

Get him here: http://network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/char_bluestreakds.html

SD Bluestreak is an alternate version of Diepod's Bluestreak character, with plenty of changes, it's not like he has the exact same moveset. His gameplay is quite Street Fighter 3-ish, concerning his combos, speed and most obviously, sound effects and the inclusion of parrying. A new addition is the Super Parry, done by pressing Strong Punch+Strong Kick as you're getting hit by a combo (at least 3 hits in). It costs half a superbar stock, and is not a guarrenteed counter attack, but it allows for a comeback of sorts. We'd like feedback on this move particularly.

Movelist video (also contains a .txt movelist and a .html Readme in the char folder):

Please have fun with him, and give some nice feedback and bugreports if you find any!

Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:56:21 PM by Balthazar
Re: SD BLUESTREAK RELEASED!
#2  June 02, 2014, 02:17:48 AM
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
awesome guys great job on this
#3  June 02, 2014, 02:20:49 AM
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Blergh! Wish I wasn't so unreliable right now, I've hit a snag in my free time for anything but myself atm, but I will try and test this now down the road, can't guarantee anything now either. Grats on the release, though.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#4  June 02, 2014, 02:45:04 AM
  • Check out my Podcast!
  • So inactive it's depressing ...
    • USA
    • Skype - NessTheAvatar
    • www.youtube.com/user/NessTheAvatar
Great day to not be near a computer!  Haha looks like another fun creation to become a permanent staple in almost everyone's rosters ...
#5  June 02, 2014, 03:10:35 AM
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
That's great work!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME

ROS

#6  June 02, 2014, 04:16:12 AM

The Super Parry is really useful in terms of turning tide on the opponent. With Bluestreak's damage output, one well placed Super Parry can be rewarding for Bluestreak.
#7  June 02, 2014, 05:01:05 AM
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Aww shit
#8  June 02, 2014, 05:58:18 AM
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Good stuff guys. I've been so busy with my own stuff I forgot to record new lines for him. I should be able to tomorrow tho.
Spriting is hard.
#9  June 02, 2014, 06:05:30 AM
  • I'll be back...
    • Chile
heheheh glad you guys like it, its been fun working on this with these dudes ^^
あなたはこれを翻訳する時間を失ったのですか?
#10  June 02, 2014, 06:21:04 AM
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
It sucks that I couldn't be of help to you guys, the way I was hoping, but this looks amazing and I'm glad this got done! :)
#11  June 02, 2014, 06:47:01 AM
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I played with this before release but it's great to finally see a public release from Johnny916, and not to mention a collab with Balthazar and Diepod which is awesome.

Btw Balthazar, I sent Johnny a couple of things I noticed on this character. Not sure if he got around to forwarding it to you yet or not. They weren't really issues, just possible things to change.
#12  June 02, 2014, 09:33:21 AM
    • Netherlands
No Dope I haven't gotten forwarded feedback. Also sadly during the beta testing session, Cybaster was the only person who provided some feedback, which saddened me :( Hopefully we'll receive more this time after the public release!

@Filthy Casual: I figured it wouldn't be to hard to get one of those Filthy 100% combos, we put some restrictions and dampers on a few moves but I knew that wasn't going to matter much to you :P And you didn't even use his MAX Zeus!
It's said in the Readme, but Zeus works kinda like Sagat's Tiger Storm in SF EX2: For his middle 3 punches (so not the first one), when you press the punch button at the moment of impact (or slightly after), the attack will get a power boost (indicated by a sound and a white flash), if you timed the button-press correctly for all three middle punches (so the 2nd, 3rd and 4th hit), the final strike will be powered-up immensely (You can see this MAX version as the final move done in the video I've posted, up in the first post. Compare that lightning strike with the one in Filthy Casual's video and you see that one's only 1 hit).
If you have suggestions on what moves to nerf/put combo limiters on, please let us know. As with all characters I've been involved in I prefer they are still able to do quite long and moreso, hard-to-pull-off combos, though 100% ones are a no-no. His overall damage is pretty high but not terribly high I thought.

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone, this was a fun project and we hope you dig him as well!
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:47:33 AM by Balthazar
#13  June 02, 2014, 11:06:04 AM
In the HTML ReadMe:
- the Choke Slam has different inputs (forward or backward + x+y or x+z or z+y) but I can only do it with forward or backward + a+x;
- you have to add that the Berserker Upper can be also done with forward+x and forward+y;
- same thing for the Berserker Kick (it can be done with forward+a and forward+b, and the ReadMe doesn't have that written);

for the character:
- I think he gets up very fast (his liedown.time is 15); I would put it a number greater or equal to 20 so that he looks like he lies down for a bit;
- nitpicking now, but if you F1 the character and then you do a special move you hear the special hitsound with echo and the pause with a bit of delay; why can't those be triggered when the enemy is low on health and gets hit, in the hitdef of the special instead of a helper?
#14  June 02, 2014, 05:14:58 PM
    • Netherlands
Ah yeah those Readme things were oversights, I updated them now.

Don't know about the other stuff, that's up to Johnny :P The short liedown time never felt strange to me or anything. Yeah the 'special move post-KO gives a special echoed hitsound' thing I've mentioned but it wasn't fixed before the release I figure.
Thanks for the feedback.
#15  June 02, 2014, 05:43:02 PM
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
    • http://mrpr1993.deviantart.com/
I noticed that he has this animation... 5886. One of him jumping with a hurt foot...
CURRENT PROJECTS:
-Characters: Vera Trappz (OC)
-Stages: Springfield Town Square (Update)

IDEAS I HAVE:
-Characters: Mona-Lisa (OC), Danny Phantom, Betty Boop, Kim Possible, Aladdin, Oggy, NEW! Cartoon Guy
-Stages: Toon World (Cartoon Guy), End Of The World
#16  June 02, 2014, 06:36:54 PM
#17  June 02, 2014, 07:12:47 PM
This may seem like kind of an extreme nitpick but the FX used for the Beserker moves classes with the nice low-res aesthetic you guys have going. Not only are the slash effects transparent, but they are also much higher resolution than the rest of the FX used with this character. Any chance you guys might switch them out for something a little more in keeping with the low-res hitsparks and lightning effects?
#18  June 02, 2014, 07:14:41 PM
    • Netherlands
Well normally I'm quite nitpicky about those things myself, but it hasn't bothered me at all during the months of testing I did, I never realized they were at another resolution.
#19  June 02, 2014, 08:18:19 PM
  • Dante for Smash
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Pretty nice to see this being released, lovely work y'all.

Dante for Smash
#20  June 02, 2014, 10:41:36 PM
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Lovely release. :)

Concerning Zeus, I think the window to press SP and time it 3 times is a little too large. I can basically smash the Z button and it will consider it a success for the finisher.