YesNoOk

StormEX & Tsao-ri: Kurosaki Ichigo (2nd Beta) (Read 30029 times)

Started by StormEX, August 29, 2012, 09:54:38 AM
Share this topic:
StormEX & Tsao-ri: Kurosaki Ichigo (2nd Beta)
#1  August 29, 2012, 09:54:38 AM
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
[Kurosaki Ichigo]

Download Here

Things Left Undone:
- No A.I
- No Parrying
- No Bankai
- No Assist
- No moveList

Please Give Feedback when you can. Also you can change between his english & Japanese by reading the config file. :)
Re: StormEX & Tsao-ri: Kurosaki Ichigo (2nd Beta)
#2  August 29, 2012, 10:04:08 AM
yes yes yes at last i have the up dated version thank you so much EX-kun arigato arigato sir arigato!!!!! '_'
#3  August 29, 2012, 11:01:55 AM
-Strange CLSNs.
-Ex moves give back a little amount of power;
-during the power charge he recovers health (intentional?).
-In air -> D,DB,B, x/y/z you can repeat it for twenty times (intentional?);
-it seems Dash Collision isn't completed, in fact if you perform F,F with both the characters and try to do the Dash Collision they get stuck in the run animation.
This for now :)
Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:20:18 AM by G.o.D.
#4  August 29, 2012, 11:39:36 AM
  • StormEX
    • USA
What do you mean by "Strange CLSNs"?

EX moves? I'll fix that right up, thanks! :)

yes, Its intentional for it to recover a small amount of health during. :)
#5  August 29, 2012, 12:39:41 PM
Look at anim:
0,2,5,10,20,43 etc. I would have put two CLSN, however it's your decision :)
#6  August 29, 2012, 01:04:34 PM
  • StormEX
    • USA
Its nothing major, really. But From what I've researched most CLSNs are like this now. :)
#7  August 29, 2012, 01:25:17 PM
  • Kubikiri Basara
  • WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
    • Brazil
    • Skype - viniciustda13
    • shinobiwars.blogspot.com/
I want to see if it will be good, because all versions are caught ichigos that bad at all.
Spoiler: Kubikiri Basara (click to see content)
#8  August 29, 2012, 04:18:07 PM
  • I do not give up because I'm Brazilian.
    • Brazil
    • mylles_ryuji_14@hotmail.com
    • ryuji17.blogspot.com.br/
The show is Ichigo I tested him he was impressed with his combos are great.
#9  August 30, 2012, 12:33:04 AM
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
This is cool. Had the beta for awhile. Didnt think he was getting updated. Im not even a bleach fan. Just know good chars when I see them. Now that I see a parry/power charge type. He def going in my roster. Still understandable that its still a beta  and still needs work. Stick with it my dude & keep it up! Looking forward to this one here.
#10  August 30, 2012, 01:47:00 AM
  • Me, Zangestsu, and Ogihci are one.
This is freakin awsome! Btw is there a super reiatsu bomb?
#11  August 30, 2012, 01:54:20 AM
  • This is... the LAST dance...
    • USA
Just got home now, DLing immediately
#12  August 30, 2012, 05:44:26 AM
  • Niigasan
He not supposed to have any kicks?
#13  August 30, 2012, 06:17:47 AM
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
Probably not, considering the size of the EX-version, a super bomb should be freakin' huge!!!

Speaking of which, 2 things:
  • Since the Ex reiatsu bomb is supposed to be a combo finisher, it would be great, and even more useful IMO if after landing all the hits on the opponent, the move sends it flying away(at least if it hits the opponent on the edge of the bomb)
  • After performing the EX-version, before it is over, ichigo can move away from the blast. Intentional?(i'll try to add a screenshot later)

Great job Storm!!! I really like the new sprites and effects. Totally looking forward for the parrying, AI and bankai! keep it up man!!!
#14  August 30, 2012, 06:20:26 AM
They're using a three button weak-mid-strong attack scheme, with the other three buttons used for power charge / special ability? / reserved for parry.

Gotta say, it works beautifully. Plus, I can tell you've really though very much about the combo potentials with each moves, and there aren't any apparent infinities. I'm really surprised how much I'm loving this control scheme. Feels natural, you still have three button weak to strong, and using the second row for utility moves really just plain WORKS. I'll be hanging onto this beta until the official full release! Good job!
#15  August 30, 2012, 08:17:00 AM
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Any plans to have the variants of Getsuga Tenshou (normal, up and air) have different attributes depending on the button pressed ?
As for regular games : light=slow+weak, strong=fast+damaging.

Why did you set time=32 for aerial specials in the CMD ? You don't need more time to perform a qcf in the air than on the ground.

This beta is really nice, can't wait to see the final product. :)
#16  August 31, 2012, 01:13:10 PM
  • StormEX
    • USA

He doesn't have one in this beta version, Plus I had to give him all angles for his getsuga, so the bomb can wait. :)

He not supposed to have any kicks?

Not yet at least. Still a work in progress. ;)

They're using a three button weak-mid-strong attack scheme, with the other three buttons used for power charge / special ability? / reserved for parry.

Gotta say, it works beautifully. Plus, I can tell you've really though very much about the combo potentials with each moves, and there aren't any apparent infinities. I'm really surprised how much I'm loving this control scheme. Feels natural, you still have three button weak to strong, and using the second row for utility moves really just plain WORKS. I'll be hanging onto this beta until the official full release! Good job!

Thanks, I'm glad you feel that way, cause that's exactly the kinda feeling I was hoping for. My previous StormEX characters didn't really provide much, as far as combo's were concerned. :)

Any plans to have the variants of Getsuga Tenshou (normal, up and air) have different attributes depending on the button pressed ?
As for regular games : light=slow+weak, strong=fast+damaging.

Why did you set time=32 for aerial specials in the CMD ? You don't need more time to perform a qcf in the air than on the ground.

This beta is really nice, can't wait to see the final product. :)

Yeah actually I'm working on getting that part together, as far as making speeds levels on weaker buttons. it'll still hurt the same either way. :)
Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:18:36 PM by DarkStormEX
#17  November 18, 2012, 01:30:42 PM
  • Take Over The Hollow Within
    • USA
what ever happened with the other ichigo? the ftg one
Take Over The Hollow Within
#18  November 18, 2012, 03:55:22 PM
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Okay, various things:

- IMO this character doesn't really need double jump. I mean, none of the aerial attacks offer you the option of double jump for further combos (as in MB), and it just doesn't fit with the character. The same goes for that Instant Teleport. That would fit for his Bankai form, which is meant to make him faster, but for his normal form, I don't think it fits well.

- You really don't need to cover all red hitboxes with blue, you can leave some part uncovered to give him more priority. It's good to balance priorities in attacks, like giving more priority to normals that have bigger startup.

- Reiatsu Bomb doesn't knock the enemy in any normal version, and for the EX, it does knock the opponent, but it falls at the same position it was hit. I just find it weird. I see Reiatsu Bomb as some sort of barrier attack, aka you get hit and it knocks you back some distance. IMO the knocking part should happen with all versions of that attack, that's the most important part I want to note.

- The same goes for the Running Attack, it doesn't knock. But what I find worse about it is that on a succesful hit, you cannot combo it, which IMO should be possible. I mean, without either the knocking or the combo, you're basically right in front of an opponent with a character that is better attacking mid range because of his huge sword, and that's not really good.

- I find it hard to combo Air Getsuga Tenshou and Falling Sword after an aerial "c" attack. It forces me to wait for some frames after the attack hits. IMO you should be able to combo it inmediately after hitting it. It's noticeable that delay I mention, unfortunately.

- Is the Falling Sword attack supposed to make the opponent bounce when it hits the ground after being hit with this attack in the air? It just feels unnatural, it doesn't seem like an attack that can force bouncing if it hits.

- You really need to make weak/mid/strong versions of your specials. The character would really benefit from this, specially as all the specials have either a big startup or a big cooldown. That way you can decide to use a weak version of the attack, that does less damage but has less cooldown, instead of always having to use a version with big cooldown.

- Another good example for above is Standing Getsuga Tenshou with the wave, which doesn't knock the enemy at all with any version except EX and has too much cooldown. That combination is not really attractive, specially when the damage is just normal. If you had like:
> Weak: travels slow, does less damage, has less cooldown. Doesn't knock on hit.
> Mid: normal speed, damage and cooldown. Knocks on hit.
> Strong: travels fast, does the most damage, but has big cooldown. Knocks on hit (maybe it knocks further away or pushback when blocked is bigger). You could also make it hit two times (and if you do that, the EX can hit three times).
That kind of thing would be good, for example. EX version of that attack suffers the same problem too, it feels like it could have less cooldown and that the wave should go even faster, as you're spending power for this).

Just my thoughts about how it felt when I used this character. It's a really good one, and I have lots of hope for this. Keep up the good work.
#19  November 18, 2012, 04:20:31 PM
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
@HollowFactor: I think he canceled the FGT mode.

My feedback so far:
>the reverse dragon punch dash move should stun the enemy or knock them back
>the ground getsuga tenshou should start up a bit faster
>Ichigo's face is positioned kinda weird when he does an aerial getsuga tenshou
>You should make a Lvl.1 super
>I agree with Nanashi on the Weak/Mid/Strong Getsuga Tenshou thing

Overall this is the best StormEX character I've seen! Only a few minor thing need changing, but except for that

I can't wait until his bankai gets done, do you think you could give us a little sneek peek? :)
#20  November 19, 2012, 02:46:49 PM
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Wait, is there no update from 2 months ago?  Why all the necro-feedback?
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.