YesNoOk

Vega (Claw/Balrog) (Read 31528 times)

Started by Fausto Mugen, July 20, 2020, 07:24:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Vega (Claw/Balrog) from CvS2
#21  July 21, 2020, 10:11:42 pm
  • I got tired of waiting for someone to do it for me
    • Argentina
In some cases, to make the animation time the same as in the source game, I increased the acceleration a bit.
In the case of the Flying Barcelona jump, I also did not understand how the game calculated the velocity. But I noticed that it took a maximum of 16 ticks to get from one end of the stage to the other, and that the velocity was generally not less than 1.5.

In the case of the super Flying Barcelona Special, I was never able to run it on the emulator, so I sometimes copied the code of the specials, and sometimes kept the code from the rei's Vega .

Thank you very much for the update, I'll take a look at it.
#22  July 31, 2020, 02:00:50 pm
    • Argentina
Update 2020/07/31

- Updated velocities.
- Fixed some bugs.

Thanks to KarmaCharmeleon for his help.

#23  July 31, 2020, 02:50:03 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I got some feedback of my own aesthetics wise (Still see them after the recent update):

-There's no jump sound effect on Sky-High Claw, Flying Barcelona Attack, Wall Jump, Climb Cage and Flying Barcelona Special (All moves that involve jumping).
-There's no super jump sound effect when the opponent is caught by Rolling Izuna Drop.
-There's no heavy kick swing sound on is crouching heavy kick and Splendid Claw (The sliding effect can be heard, but no swing sound itself).
-The custom combo effect when performed in the air is misaligned.

This one must be a challenge to put off for your first character. Nice work on him.

Edit: On second thought, a super jump sound effect would be better for the Rolling Izuna Drop instead since he leaps when he does it. Pardon my change as it was late last night when I posted this feedback and I was tired.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:15:22 am by SolidZone 26
#24  August 02, 2020, 06:28:35 pm
    • USA
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#25  August 02, 2020, 08:13:18 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Vega's jump velocities are maybe a little bit too fast now.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/560286382296137738/739519509286748240/Too_fast.mp4

Something is off, now it's a little too fast. Also, is this the proper jump height? I thought I remember his jump height being a little higher.

What the fuck? Velocities were directly taken off the game and multiplied to match turbo values. In the video you're just low jumping. Back jump takes in both CvS2 and this mugen convertion 30-31 frames. Also:

Pretty much the same jump height, the only difference is that CvS2 is 320x224 and mugen is 320x240. I feel you just enjoy complaining.
#26  August 02, 2020, 09:40:11 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Yeah, I'm not getting that issue with the velocities at all. At any rate, this is still a pretty solid Vega all around, only thing I notice is that a few of his attacks are missing envshake. I also think Rolling Izuna Drop should be moving backwards with each suplex, rather than staying in the same spot.

I also decided to upgrade one of my palettes, specifically the one I labeled as "Alpha", realizing it was more suited towards Street Fighter II lol. If you actually do update him and don't mind doing so, I'd like you to completely replace my old Alpha palette with this new SFII palette.

Even if this was meant to be a starting point, it still manages to be one of the more solid Vegas made for MUGEN. Fantastically made.
#27  August 03, 2020, 04:31:05 am
    • USA

What the fuck?

Pretty much the same jump height, the only difference is that CvS2 is 320x224 and mugen is 320x240. I feel you just enjoy complaining.

The jump velocities just feel a little off. I never said he was wrong, but something just felt slightly off. I'm not here to complain, I'm trying to help. I don't remember him moving THAT fast in CvS2, it just seemed like something was slightly off that's all. I apologize in advanced if I offended you, it was not my intention to cause you a disservice in any way. Also, I have no idea why you're personally attacking me like that. I never EVER attacked you in any shape or form so I have no idea why you would attack me in such manner.

Hmm, I was certainly not small jumping in the video. Small jumps are done by very lightly tapping the jumps and I was not doing that at all.

Here's a video further proving my point:

In the actual game, if I high jumped forward across the screen, Vega lands right on the tip of the C-Groove font. In Fausto's Vega, if I high jump across the screen, he's not only a little too fast, he's also jumping a little too far. That's ALL I wanted to say. I don't appreciate the personal attacks just for trying to help out.
Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:54:02 am by extravagant
#28  August 03, 2020, 04:54:11 am
    • USA
Idk why ppl get offended so quick,  looking at your video vega does look like he's jumping a like an irritated baffoon,  looks fast but if you compare to SFV, i think Vega jumps not as fast, extravagant has a point

What the fuck? Velocities were directly taken off the game and multiplied to match turbo values. In the video you're just low jumping. Back jump takes in both CvS2 and this mugen convertion 30-31 frames. Also:

#29  August 03, 2020, 08:32:37 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
I like how I'm the one getting offended when he say this:

I feel you just enjoy complaining.

was a personal attack. I mean it's personal as it's directed towards your persona, but by no means it's an attack and I truly sorry if you felt that way. This is tho, and I meant it: fuck you, bebop. Not because you're trying to help Fausto here, in fact: thank you for that! It's just because I don't like you. I'll dm you the reasons as they have nothing to do with this character.

I just counted frames on both CvS2 and Fausto's Vega.

Regular Jump Backwards
Fausto 29 frames
CvS2 31 frames

Regular Jump Fowards
Fausto 15 frames
CvS2 16 frames

Super Jump Backwards
Fausto 29 frames
CvS2 31 Frames

Super Jump Fowards
Fausto 29 Frames
CvS2 31 Frames

He's not jumping faster. The minor differences prolly come from how CvS2 turbo handles frame cuts, something that I know you're aware of. I highly doubt you noticed the 1-2 frame difference.

Low jump is different because small is coded differently on POTS Style. Low jump vertical value is regular vertical value *0.75. CvS2 characters use set values iirc. But you said this was not about small jump so... Dunno.

In the actual game, if I high jumped forward across the screen, Vega lands right on the tip of the C-Groove font. In Fausto's Vega, if I high jump across the screen, he's not only a little too fast, he's also jumping a little too far.

This is actually true, but not an error of Fausto/me. This is how Jman characters handle the horizontal jumping velocity.

This is the difference on distance between Jmorphman's Ken and CvS2 Ken. Both performed a long superjump backwards from the corner, being in front of Kyo.

Jman, just like this Vega, uses accurate data directly taken from CvS2. There are differences when translating the data to MUGEN.

It's actually super obvious what feels off about this Vega to you, and it comes down to the very first response of this thread.

This is POTS style not CvS2.... but thanks anyway
Helpful post, sure.

I don't appreciate the personal attacks just for trying to help out.
I don't know really know you so I don't care if you take me saying you enjoy complaining as a personal attack. I stand by that statement. Grow up dude. And try to be less vague when giving feedback if you don't mind.

On another note: I noticed Vega has a lot of landing lag on both of his hops. 15 frames on dash fowards and 10 frames on dash backwards. Back dash in CvS2 is like 4 frames. I'm not sure about dash fowards, maybe even less. You might want to fix that, Fausto.
#30  August 03, 2020, 09:12:20 am
    • USA
The meaning of POTS style character can be pretty ambiguous at this point. I was under the impression that Fausto was shooting for CvS2 Vega, but with POTS' system, so I'm making commentary on that. I really don't understand the vitriol I am receiving, I've already said sorry I don't even know what else to say at this point.
#31  August 03, 2020, 09:25:43 am
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
Just tested out this character, and I gotta say. Amazing.

While I may absolutely hate the hell out of Claw in CvS2, I won't let my personal bias blind me from the fact that this is indeed a solid character.

I'm not going to take sides as to whether or not this is meant to be CvS2 accurate or a POTS spinoff, because to me all that matters is having a character that's both fun to play as and fight against, which in this case Claw covers both fields.

Game-play specifically, he plays very similarly to his CvS2 incarnation, though I didn't really focus on the specifics of it. In a generalized statement, I'd say he's pretty faithful to the original. There may have been some tiny differences, but I wouldn't notice.

All the bugs and game-play issues I found have already been stated in earlier posts, and it appears a majority of them have been removed. All I gotta say is that this is indeed a super solid and super good character. Love it, man. I eagerly anticipate your future works.
#32  August 03, 2020, 10:24:49 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Incredible character!
I really like the result !
#33  August 03, 2020, 04:33:43 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Karma, settle down and maybe try actually reading the feedback? It helps!

You may not like it, but how is going off on him about it going to help you?
#34  August 04, 2020, 08:04:10 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Cool a claw, I got to check him out. all those pals and that CS looks really nice.
#35  August 09, 2020, 10:00:34 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - vincent041481@hotmail.com
    • https://www.facebook.com/VBISON/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel&eid=ARBzVldEx-q6-2yc16ueLiJUkmtjqXwSZYyfnt0H5dJeh_A1HFKx2W-takosBLy9-CFi9hH5MZi_KdGO
AMAIZING!!!
#36  August 12, 2020, 04:22:41 pm
    • Argentina
Update 2020/08/12

Minor fixes:

- Added jump sound effect and dust effect on Sky-High Claw, Flying Barcelona moves and Climb Cage moves.
- Updated palette 25, thanks to PRØJECT.13.
- Rolling Izuna Drop: added horizontal velocity to the final throw and various fixes.
- Added CtrlSet on dash fowards and dash backwards.
- Some minor fixes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is POTS style not CvS2

Couldn't have said it better. I wasn't planning on doing an accurate conversion, it was just easier for me to copy values from the original game than to create them from scratch. I was never able to perform some moves in the original game (for example Rolling Izuna Drop or Flying Barcelona Special), so probably some animations, speeds or hitboxes are not entirely accurate.

-There's no super jump sound effect when the opponent is caught by Rolling Izuna Drop.
-There's no heavy kick swing sound on is crouching heavy kick and Splendid Claw (The sliding effect can be heard, but no swing sound itself).
-The custom combo effect when performed in the air is misaligned.

I think that's how it was in the original game, even the position of the effect in the air custom combo. I think it would be excessive to add more sounds.

Thank you all for your support.
Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 04:29:27 pm by Fausto Mugen
#37  August 26, 2020, 02:58:28 am
    • USA
Hello, I got a chance to flesh out the character more. I've been using your character in a few online matches with Mugen/IKEMEN and I wanted to report that something is really off with his Flying Barcelona Attack. It keeps missing! In CvS2, it pretty much "always hits" but with yours it seems to miss a lot. Not all the time, but it misses a lot. This is kinda bad since it's one of his best attacks. In CvS2 you can literally terrorize people with the Flying Barcelona Slash (Punch) and force them to block a lot. Not only that but you can also cross up behind them and hit them, forcing them to be confused which direction to block. I am not sure if it is the velocities or it's the CLSN hitboxes that is causing it to miss, but, please look into it. You might have to buff the hitbox a little bit or something, just to make the hit land more consistently.

Example 1: https://youtu.be/FNveqy14sJw?t=153
Example 2: https://youtu.be/FNveqy14sJw?t=172

Another issue I was having was the charge moves. I was having trouble doing consecutive Flying Barcelona Attacks. Meaning after landing one successful hit, I'm supposed to be able to do another one right away if I was charging ahead of time, but for some reason I feel like I can't really do that. If you can look into that, that would be great.

Other than that, keep up the great work. Great Claw.

Above is a clip of how I can instantly launch another Flying Barcelona Attack right after landing the first one. It also shows how consistently the attack successfully hits on in CvS2.
Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 03:40:16 am by extravagant
Re: Vega (Claw/Balrog)
#38  August 26, 2020, 05:23:12 am
    • Argentina

I'm afraid there is nothing I can do about it.
The hitboxes for that move are taken from the game. The position of the sprites should be precise, because they are the Insanius sprites with their corresponding axis.
Looking at the emulator data, it seems that the game "cheats", moving the hitboxes of the first frames of that movement lower.

I'm not going to go through all the animations in the game to see which hitboxes are "moved", sorry. I leave that task to other authors more experienced than me who want to edit the char. I consider that I have finished with Vega.

I understand that the title of the post when mentioning "CvS2" can lead to confusion, suggesting that it is a precise adaptation, I will change it.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope I wasn't rude, and I'm sorry I couldn't help.
#39  August 26, 2020, 08:45:07 am
    • USA
No need for apology! I apologize if I was being rude too, which was not my intention. I just wanted somehow address how Claw/Vega can maintain his "air pressure." His dominating pressure in the air. I'm guessing maybe a bigger red hitbox for Claw's attack might fix the issue. Either that, or you can try adding variable height.

You did a fine job, this is one of the best Claw/Vega I've ever tried up to date.
#40  August 29, 2020, 11:02:04 pm
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
Is there any way to download the files without having a dropbox account? No shit, I never used dropbox until now. A mirror link at mediafire would be appreciated. Alternatively someone tell me how to download from dropbox please.