YesNoOk

Eternal Champions screenpack 2 (Read 17854 times)

Started by Glisp, July 25, 2011, 04:47:15 am
Share this topic:
Eternal Champions screenpack 2
#1  July 25, 2011, 04:47:15 am
So, many of you may remember the deceased Mugen character creator Juan Carlos, who made a lot of Eternal Champions characters.

He also made an EC screenpack as well. Well, you'll notice the screenpack uses winmugen energy and lifebars still. This update changes those, as well as a few menu elements and stuff. Also adds 1.0 Victory quote support. I have also worked on a few other menu and fighting display goodies, such as more emulation accurate sounds, new sounds replacing older ones, some Eternal Champions: Challenge From the Dark Side menu display things added and many more.

Here's a screenshot of the new lifebars and power meters:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

New character select menu:
(still WIP here)

Like the Sega CD game, the background moves around. I ripped these from the game myself.

Also, I have plans to add EC styled text:
It's not added yet due to issues I'm having with figuring out how to add new text. It either comes up invisible or MUGEN crashes before it can display and error message. Depending upon the color depth selected. I could use some help getting this to work if possible. Thank you. =)

Downloads:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z655wu36uapze6z
or
http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=9XFTCYE5

Take your pick. May upload other places besides Skydrive, Esnips, and Rapidshare for the sake of helping those with shitty connections like mine. Thus, I have a grudge against these three sites.

Anyway, here you go. Enjoy. ^_^

Keep in mind you may have to fix the select.def file if you intend to use it. I can also upload the required files in the select.def file if you don't want me to change them.

Also, if any files relating to the menu and fight displays are missing, let me know. Also, be sure to read the readme and the letter to downloader. (actually, letter to downloader's optional. lol.)
Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:24:16 pm by Glisp
Re: Eternal Champions screenpack 2
#2  July 25, 2011, 07:00:17 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Looks promising for being preliminary. As a hardcore fan of Eternal Champions, I'd recommend using the background of the first game with a portrait layout that emulates part two.

Looking forward to what's in store.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#3  July 25, 2011, 07:19:15 pm
There's an intro.def file as well. Be sure to set all the correct file paths for it. I'm gonna work on this the best I can for the next release. For now though, you'll need to do it manually in order to get things like menu music to play.

As for EC 1 stuff, a few things from EC 1 are still in there. Such as the Vs. screen, and the opening is used for the intro.def file. I've also included two versions of the EC1 theme. One's a remix and the other's a more properly emulated version of the original. The intro's a leftover from Juan's old screenpack. I'm planning on completely redoing the intro to better behave like the EC1 intro. Also, the audio lags badly in the opening with the sega logo. Planning on addressing this as well.
#4  July 29, 2011, 04:20:12 pm
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
Nice lifebars, but on the select screen, the small portraits cover up the large portraits.  Kind of defeats the purpose, there.
#5  July 29, 2011, 05:34:43 pm
Nice little release, good work ! But still as Zinjonovic said, you should leave some space in order for the big portraits to show up :/
Coming back to MUGEN
#6  August 01, 2011, 08:08:32 am
Yeah. I'm aware of that issue. If anybody has any way to help fix the issue please let me know. Also, I need help with text. Oh btw, just finished the newly redone intro yesterday. May release it soon, I dunno yet.

MDI

#7  August 01, 2011, 08:12:25 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
You have good intentions and such but you should spend more time figuring out how screenpacks work and such. You seem to have rushed this quite a bit. Good luck though, JC's Eternal Champions screenpack was probably the first I ever downloaded so I'm looking forward to your final version of this!  :sugoi:
ey
#8  August 01, 2011, 08:28:14 am
Yeah. Well, keep in mind that I'm still WIP so, if it seems rushed, it's because I wanted to get an early version out for feedback mainly. I try to take most peoples' feedback to heart, even negative as the negative feedback helps as well.  I've actually spent a couple of months working on this off and on believe it or not.

Though enough about that, my two main issues right now are implementing EC styled fonts for various menus ( I have two other fonts in addition to the one you see in my first post.) and figuring out how the power meter works and making . I'm trying to basically do a decent 1.0 conversion of Juan Carlos' old screenpack. The large portrait issue is also in Juan's screen pack.

I want to fix it, but I'm not sure what's what. Any links to tutorials or advice would be nice. This is my first big project for MUGEN, hence why It's not perfect.

Anyway, I'm really happy that people enjoyed it and I thank you and really want the portrait issue fixed as well. I'm just not sure how to fix it yet as I mentioned previously. I also don't guarantee the next release to be final either. so anyway, have a nice day or evening (depending upon where you are anyway. lol.)
#9  August 01, 2011, 02:42:58 pm
    • USA

Not to sound like a jerk, but portrait positioning is really basic Mugen stuff.  You change it around in your system.def file, underneath the Character Select section, you should see this: 

;Character select definition
[Select Info]
fadein.time = 10
fadeout.time = 10
rows = 2
columns = 5
wrapping = 0             
pos = 90,170                 <------------THIS RIGHT HERE MOVES THE CELLS IN DIFFERENT POSITIONS ON THE SCREEN.
showemptyboxes = 0       
moveoveremptyboxes = 0   
cell.size = 27,27       
cell.spacing = 2       
cell.bg.spr = 150,0     
cell.random.spr = 151,0   
cell.random.switchtime = 4
p1.cursor.startcell = 0,0                      <----------IF YOU CHANGE THE POSITION ABOVE, YOU WILL NEED TO RETOOL THE CURSOR POSITION HERE.
p1.cursor.active.spr = 160,0
p1.cursor.done.spr = 161,0
p1.cursor.move.snd = 100,0
p1.cursor.done.snd = 100,1
p1.random.move.snd = 100,0
p2.cursor.startcell = 0,4            <----------IF YOU CHANGE THE POSITION ABOVE, YOU WILL NEED TO RETOOL THE CURSOR POSITION HERE.
p2.cursor.active.spr = 170,0
p2.cursor.done.spr = 171,0
p2.cursor.blink = 1     
p2.cursor.move.snd = 100,0
p2.cursor.done.snd = 100,1
p2.random.move.snd = 100,0
random.move.snd.cancel = 0
stage.move.snd = 100,0
stage.done.snd = 100,1
cancel.snd = 100,2
portrait.spr = 9000,0   
portrait.offset = 0,0
portrait.scale = 1,1
title.offset = 159,13     
title.font = 3,0,0       
;Big portraits
p1.face.spr = 9000,1     
p1.face.offset = 18,13            <----------------OR YOU COULD CHANGE THIS TO MOVE THE BIG PORTRAITS AROUND!
p1.face.scale = 1,1
p1.face.facing = 1
p2.face.spr = 9000,1
p2.face.offset = 301,13                 <----------------OR YOU COULD CHANGE THIS TO MOVE THE BIG PORTRAITS AROUND!
p2.face.scale = 1,1
p2.face.facing = -1

If you have any other questions, let me know man, I know the ins and outs of screenpacks very well.  Good luck, man!
Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:45:26 pm by Zinjonovic
#10  August 01, 2011, 09:26:22 pm
Hey got something to show you:
Character select screen positioning changed. The portraits are now viewable. This is still WIP though so it may be changed. The reason why the select icons are small is because I have a rather huge (and weird) MUGEN roster, so I needed the extra space. The new one is 32 columns and 120 rows. Naturally, it's probably gonna go offscreen vertically with that many lol. There's also a new select cursor, don't have it in this pic though because I was demonstrating the portrait fix.
#11  August 20, 2011, 01:11:17 am
Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:40:45 pm by Glisp
#12  August 21, 2011, 06:46:17 pm
You know what? Just fuck it. No one will help me with motherfucking text. The tutorials are too difficult for me to understand and I'm sick and tired of updating this thread and having no new feedback posts so I just fucking give up on this shit. This screenpack isn't worth the trouble anymore. Not if I don't get the support and feedback I need. I've asked and asked and nobody has helped me with font making. I even have the fucking fonts ripped and still you people don't help.

I'm pissed off because everything I've done doesn't work. I just get no text at all when I change it. I even made a .sff file though it probably wasn't right. Blame that on electbyte's confusing instructions in the old tools folder. They don't help. Font factory's useless as fuck as well.

So, please, could somebody help me? If not then I just quit trying to get help. This forum's "sink or swim" attitude towards newbies is retarded. No wonder their creations are so horrible.
Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:02:19 pm by Glisp
#13  August 21, 2011, 07:16:37 pm
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
How about have some patience. Most of the other creators here have their own projects to work with as well. They can help you if you know how to ask. Also, did you post in the MUGEN help sections and put a topic in the projects section as well? Many people will look there and are more inclined to help if you know where to ask and have the right attitude.

If you don't know. Ask. No one's going to bite.

This is the best place to get help for your SP:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?board=315.0

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:23:19 pm by ecthelionv2
#14  August 21, 2011, 10:18:51 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Dude you could have asked me for help :(...then again going Solo would be better experience.
Anyway most of the screenpack is good except for the select screen. And that's mainly the slots, they're too small so that takes away from the visuals of the screen. The WinMugen slots would have been fine. I think by adjusting the size it would look better.

Also lifebars, try to remove the Golden WinMugen portrait backgrounds from it. Also about your powerbar. It looks pretty bad there with the Yin Yang simbols, kind of confusing if it weren't for the counter. From EC videos you showed me I recommend removing the powerbar and replace the Combo Font with a Yin Yang symbol. Like maybe it's a Fourth at 0, then Half at 1, 3/4 at 2, and the full Symbol at 3 power levels.
#15  August 22, 2011, 04:20:13 am
Ah okay. I would but I'd need to figure out how to turn the font into SFF.... I'm not having any luck. The directions Elecbyte packed in with MUGEN aren't detailed enough for me to understand.

Also, if you look at the Screenshot I posted or the video in the post  shortly after it, the portrait issue has been addressed.
As for the Inner Strength in game, there's actually a little symbol for empty. Basically, it's a Red dot. The Primary issue here for me atm is font.
#16  August 22, 2011, 02:22:39 pm
    • USA
I'll send you a full tutorial, with pictures and everything. It's actually VERY VERY simple.  I use Font Factory.  Also, everything seems hard at first.  I've completed the Eternal Champions screenpack, but won't release it because it will just undermind your work.  Maybe in the future

This forum's "sink or swim" attitude towards newbies is retarded.

In fact, I told you in an earlier post that I knew the ins and outs, and if you needed help you could let me know.  The help is always there, so don't feel like you're bothering anyone.  I'm here to help man.  I'll send you that tutorial as soon as I can.
#17  August 22, 2011, 04:21:42 pm
You see the intro I redid of Juan's in the youtube Video I posted ZinJonovic? I'm still trying to decide if I wanna keep the Sega logo sequence as is, remove it, or redo it. The last two are because the audio's off synch with the images that form the sequence. My new intro's got more frames than Juan's old one. However, because each part of the intro's a screenshot and my hand got tired taking them, the text sometimes randomly jumps. However, it took about 2-3 days to get that whole title screen and Story intro together. Nearly 1000 screenshots from Kega Fusion were taken to form that part of the intro.
The intro's SFF file's gonna probably be pretty meaty as a result in terms of file size.

I may release another beta of the screenpack soon. Especially since it's nearly complete (as I can go). Just missing some custom hitsparks, custom text, and a few text alignment corrections on character select for the Team modes. Readjusting those portraits was a pain and I'm probably gonna have to do it again to fix the issue. 

I am a little curious about your version of the screenpack ZinJonovic. Care to post a couple of screenshots? Don't worry, if anything, it will teach me to do better. Besides, maybe you and I can makes this a joint project or something. I'm good at ripping game sprites and sounds if that helps any.
#18  August 22, 2011, 05:40:42 pm
    • USA
Hey, if you PM me your email, I'll send that screenpack to you as soon as possible.