YesNoOk

Saikoro's Portrait Release Thread |Indexed 1.0 Content| (Read 169276 times)

Started by Saikoro, November 08, 2012, 04:36:55 am
Share this topic:
Saikoro's Portrait Release Thread |Indexed 1.0 Content|
New #1  November 08, 2012, 04:36:55 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Welcome to my humble portrait abode loaded with plenty of high quality portrait sets to help sex up your Mugen, making your customized selections look like something completely official in the process. There's something particularly awesome about having great, varied and official artwork that pops on your screenpack's select screen to go along with a favorite character of yours. The main purpose of this thread is to offer all of my older 1.0 portrait releases in one complete spot. While these portraits will indeed work for any version of Mugen, this thread covers all of my released content covering 1.0's engine since 1.0 allowed only for indexed, 256 color .png files.

A FEW FORMATTING TIPS AND NIFTY PHOTOSHOP SHORTCUTS

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

MY MOST RECENT RELEASE

1.0 Portrait Collection

I thought it was finally time to give 1.0 the sendoff it deserves. With all of the work I have been doing for the past two years, content was starting to pile up rather nicely. My original intentions were to continually release content for 1.0 in my indexed package standard. However, work got to be so overwhelming and time consuming, I first began to jump around from art style to art style just to stay a little sane and keep things exciting. Once that got tiring, I eventually stopped creating content all together (that dry spell lasted 8 months!!) and merely looking at indexed portraits became unnerving. I was very close to throwing the towel in for good; moderating and portrait work all together. Yes, I almost quit Mugen because it wasn't fun anymore. I wasn't happy about it, but I was on that fence and almost jumped off. :(

Fortunately, NoZ and Two4Teezee came around showcasing beta work for 1.1 material in the form of their sexy Screenpacks. If it weren't for them two coming around and pretty much saying "Look at what 32bit PNG files can do" I wouldn't have decided to move on to 1.1 portrait material. With the move to sexy PNG files that require 2/3rds less cleaning (There is still a lot of work to be done, but not as much comparatively), I thought it would be wise to share all of my 1.0 work wrapped up into one package. And there's a lot of content.

First off, you get 58 varied portraits showcasing lots of different art in the form of:

• Batsu
  • Chelnov
  • Crome Dome
  • Chun Li/SF3TS
  • Death Star
  • Decapre
  • Donatello
  • Doom Guy
  • DragonClaw
  • ED 209
  • Fat Buu
  • Freeman/Garou
  • Freeza
  • Geki/SF1
  • Goku
  • Goku/Super Sayan
  • Grant/Garou
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • He Man
  • Homer Simpson
  • Ivy Valentine
  • Jin Kazama
  • Joe/SF1
  • Ken Masters/SF3TS
  • Krang
  • Krusty the Clown
  • Lee/SF1
  • Leonardo
  • Link
  • Lion-O
  • Luigi
  • Mario
  • MasterTurtle/PNinja (A TMNT Edit that is my favorite)
  • Michelangelo
  • Mr.X/Tyrant 103
  • Neo
  • NudeMai (The only decent Nude Edit. And why not!?)
  • Omega Tom Hanks
  • Peter Griffin
  • Raphael
  • Rare Akuma
  • Retsu/SF1
  • RoboCop
  • Ronald McDonald
  • Rorschach
  • Ryu/SF3TS
  • Scorpion/MK9 Classic Costume
  • Sean/SF3TS
  • Shredder
  • Skeletor
  • Solid Snake
  • Spawn
  • Spydama (One of my favorite Joke Characters EVER)
  • Sub-Zero/MK9 Classic Costume
  • Terry Bogard/Garou
  • Vegeta
  • Vegeta/Super Sayan
  • Yoshimitsu

And of course, plenty of screenshots. ;D

But it doesn't stop there!! Along with everything you get above, I also intended to do full sets for all of Street Fighter II's releases showcasing official artwork that Capcom is known for. I nearly finished all of SF2 Revival's Artwork with the exception of E. Honda, Dhalsim and Zangief. So you get 14 portraits in Revival's sexy style.

I also intended to do a full SF2:HD set. Work for each of these added up to about 15 hours between cleaning up the main template and the finalized indexed image. These came out really nice. You get:

• Akuma
  • Balrog
  • Bison
  • Sagat
  • Vega
  • Zangief

Here's a singular screenshot of Vega and Zangief. It's hard to believe that these are 256 colors!!

And you also get full portrait sets in the form of actual in-game rips from those awesome classics, Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo. To say that these are a treat is an understatement. Here's some singular shots in each style:

Here's Sagat and Balrog in SF2's style

Here's Ryu and Ken in SF2 Turbo's Style

Lastly, here we have Blanka and M.Bison in Super's Style

So with everything included, you get a massive 118 portraits to add to your 1.0 roster. And even though I use BrokenMugen as my standard, keep in mind that these will work for any screenpack that supports your standard portrait style. :2thumbsup:

You can snag them at Cybaster's Office in the Hosted Section.
**The file weighs in at 1.96 megabytes total**

I'd like to thank Cybaster for hosting me, as always, and NoZ along with Two4Teezee for getting me off of my lazy ass so that I can continually make Portrait Content for the long run. I ain't going anywhere soon now that 1.1 material is now a reality for me. This also marks my last indexed, 1.0 portrait release. Every future release will be in 32but, 1.1 PNG formatting.

As always, Constructive Criticism and Feedback are welcome!! I sincerely hope you guys get some good usage out of these varied portraits. Enjoy everyone!! :devilish:

PREVIOUS PORTRAIT SET RELEASES

Here are all of my 1.0 releases rounded up into one space, making browsing for them a cinch. I placed these in order of their release with the most recent on the top.

As listed right above, visit Cybaster's Hosted Section to download everything you see below

Each Portrait Set, unless otherwise noted within each spoiler, includes this format:

• 240x280 resolution
  • Indexed at 256 Colors
  • 8 Bit Color Depth
  • 72 dpi

Melty Blood Full Portrait Set

Fatal Fury Full Portrait Set

Street Fighter X Tekken Mega Portrait Set: Includes SFxT, Nexus Reborn, MvC2 and Standard Mugen Formatting Sets

Marvel VS Capcom III Portrait Sets

Marvel VS Capcom II "Capcom" Styled Portrait Sets

Marvel VS Capcom II "Marvel" Styled Portrait Sets

SvC Chaos and SFIII: Third Strike Low Resolution Portrait Sets

Capcom VS SNKII "Capcom" Style Portrait Set

Killer Instinct Arcade OST rip by yours truly ;)

BrokenMugen 1.0
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:02:54 am by Saikoro
Re: Saikoro's Portrait Release Thread: Whats this?? An SFxT themed mega-release!?
#2  November 08, 2012, 04:42:28 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Pretty neat release, so freaking clean :D I wish you could help me with something I tried to do myself to failed in the process for the Nexus Reborn screenpack... maybe PM would be a more proper place for this...
Chilling
Re: Saikoro's Portrait Release Thread: Whats this?? An SFxT themed mega-release!?
#3  November 08, 2012, 04:45:01 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
If I change the scaling to what you said simply to have these portraits, would all my other ports be messed up?
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#4  November 08, 2012, 04:49:33 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
If I change the scaling to what you said simply to have these portraits, would all my other ports be messed up?

Yes. For standard resolution offerings, you will skew how low resolution, or 120x140, portraits look. You could always just scale down the bigger ones I provided and see what happens.

Pretty neat release, so freaking clean :D I wish you could help me with something I tried to do myself to failed in the process for the Nexus Reborn screenpack... maybe PM would be a more proper place for this...

My Mailbox is always available to any MugenGuild user. Hit me up!!

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#5  November 08, 2012, 04:51:35 am
  • tired
How would I scale them down? I probably wouldn't notice any differences (you'd probably flip out over all the differences or something :mmhmm:).
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#6  November 08, 2012, 04:54:16 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Epic release post is EPIC!!!

Now...to see if I can make some time into my busy life so I can brandish my mugen with all your work!  --;

I don't know if I've said it enough already Sai, but thanks for sharing your dedication with all of us.

..and also more than anything for being a very cool bro.

Keep up the groundbreaking work as always cuz it is indeed very much appreciated.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#7  November 08, 2012, 04:55:07 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
How would I scale them down? I probably wouldn't notice any differences (you'd probably flip out over all the differences or something :mmhmm:).

LOL You are correct.

Just open up an image in photoshop and go to image/image size and cut the resolution in half.

However, 240x280 resolutions are that much better quality and clarity wise, hence the standard I follow. Also, each 240x280 portrait took a solid hour or two to thoroughly clean up. Sooooo.... cutting back the detail further would simply ruin the quality. :(

Epic release post is EPIC!!!

Now...to see if I can make some time into my busy life so I can brandish my mugen with all your work!  --;

I don't know if I've said it enough already Sai, but thanks for sharing your dedication with all of us.

..and also more than anything for being a very cool bro.

Keep up the groundbreaking work as always cuz it is indeed very much appreciated.

You got it Max. I've already got my eyes on what's next, and its gonna be a doozy. I seriously need a damned break though. I don't "play" Mugen. Unless if you consider Photoshop and a Mouse as my controller, then I play all of the time. With PIXELS!!  :woeh:

#8  November 08, 2012, 04:57:04 am
  • tired
Is Gimp an acceptable substitute? I don't want to indirectly spend a good 500$ or so just for some sexy portraits.
#9  November 08, 2012, 04:59:31 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling
#10  November 08, 2012, 05:03:01 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
@C.A.N. Infranview is a very small free and awesome application that can resize the portraits for you. It will even batch resize the ones you point it to in mere seconds. Give it a try.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#11  November 08, 2012, 06:18:22 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Such a nice early Christmas gift for the community. I'm really hype and ready to put these epic ports to work and show off, of my mugen. Awesome release and thanks for such a phenomenal job. Your works will not be in vain, trust me on that tip. Now I can really hook up my mugen, even more in style. I love custom good stuff, so I can pimp out my mugen. Thanks again Sai, for all the hard work you put in man.
#12  November 08, 2012, 08:05:22 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Thanks for the release, I won't be at the office today, but I'll host your portraits ASAP, either tonight or tomorrow during the day. ;)

GLB

#13  November 08, 2012, 08:08:07 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Looks great, Sai. I've been waiting for these for a while! Great to finally have my hands on them. Thanks for the release.
#14  November 08, 2012, 02:39:38 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
Correct me if i am incorrect, but you left out Paul Phoenix, who is actually in sfxt....
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#15  November 08, 2012, 03:50:47 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+

#16  November 08, 2012, 06:35:13 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Saikoro, you definitely caught my eye with this, fucking awesome! congrats man. :dio:
#17  November 08, 2012, 07:11:35 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The pack is hosted on my site, hosted section. ;)

Cap

#18  November 08, 2012, 08:42:05 pm
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
Saikoro, you never fail to impress. Excellent work.

NoZ

#19  November 08, 2012, 10:50:38 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Good job on such a epic release,nobody makes ports like you do bro,Its a lost art,everybody making stages,screenpacks,characters and you come here and remind people to sex up their ports,keep doing what you,never change your work ethic,the results are outstanding bro
#20  November 09, 2012, 12:01:44 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Holy shit...

Good job, mad respect for having the patience for that.