YesNoOk

Injustice - Gods Among Us (Read 704071 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, May 31, 2012, 04:34:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Injustice - Gods Among Us
#1801  March 24, 2013, 04:41:45 am
  • I'm not a player, I guard-crush a lot.
    • USA
    • mugenorama.smeenet.org/index.html
Speaking of recycled moves, I think I remember seeing the "knee to back" portion of Noob Saibot's X-Ray used in one of Wonder Woman's amazon assist moves?  Don't recall which video it was, though.
#1802  March 24, 2013, 01:52:48 pm
    • Germany
#1803  March 24, 2013, 05:03:17 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
#1804  March 24, 2013, 05:27:14 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Considering that comics Raven is a buxom white woman and her nu52 costume can be most graciously described as drastically different, how much closer of a resemblance to her cartoon version can this be? Should they add large anime eyes?
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1805  March 25, 2013, 05:38:09 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#1806  March 25, 2013, 05:55:47 pm
Considering that comics Raven is a buxom white woman and her nu52 costume can be most graciously described as drastically different, how much closer of a resemblance to her cartoon version can this be? Should they add large anime eyes?

Fuller face, mask thing, no creepy nails, less overall crazy hell priestess vibe.
#1807  March 25, 2013, 08:13:36 pm
    • Germany
I like Adam's stance, he looks so annoyed, and how HE uses the SHAZAM in his super move. =D
#1808  March 25, 2013, 09:12:24 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
As someone who's favorite character in the cartoon was Raven, people need to get the hell over the TT cartoon.  DC has canon outside of its animated series.  I actually knew people who thought Deathstroke was Batman because of how badly th e cartoon watered him down to unrecognizability. 
#1809  March 25, 2013, 09:37:52 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Personally reminds me of this...

Not that they shouldn't be using the Raven they're using now, but it certainly isn't the preferred choice.  But then, that seems to be the norm for characters here.

....And I thought Slade was great, even knowing he was done much differently than Deathstroke.

Anyways, Black Adam's starting to look good.  Really like that Super of his, too.
#1810  March 25, 2013, 09:40:37 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
My only beef with Raven right now is her damn manface. Might as well include Mrs. Manface in the roster, jeez.
I don't get how she managed to get it worse than Wonder Woman, though. At this point, Harley really is the odd one out.
#1811  March 25, 2013, 09:46:07 pm
I BET there will be an animated DLC pack for the TT characters. If not, they should, because I would buy it. I guess I'm sheep.
#1812  March 25, 2013, 09:59:04 pm
I really enjoy Red Hood and the Outlaws' Starfire and will defend her characterization to the death (and by death I of course mean until I get bored of having an internet argument) but Injustice Raven just isn't recognizable to me as Raven at all. In both cases, my only exposure to the characters is the cartoon.

It just seems like someone else with the same name to me. It's weird. I get that they're taking from the comics, which I have no familiarity with, and I'm not bitching too hard, but... it's weird.
#1813  March 26, 2013, 01:16:19 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#1814  March 26, 2013, 01:09:16 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Looks like Raven's voice actor was Tara Strong, the same one who also did Raven in the Teen Titans cartoon back 6-7 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Strong

Look like they are just referencing all of DC's works: comic appearance plus voice actress from the Teen Titans cartoon.

EDIT:

And looks like all of the Youtubers also were expecting something more resembling the cartoon version as well.

Are they ever satisfied with any of the appearances?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1815  March 26, 2013, 01:17:09 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Next time a Street Fighter game comes out, I'm gonna get butthurt that Ken doesn't talk like an ignorant Southerner's stereotype of a gay person and call people losers when he gets KOed.  He should be more like the cartoon version.
#1816  March 26, 2013, 01:25:01 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Why would anyone think that they'd make Raven look like the cartoon version?  Putting aside that the cartoon and comic versions already look incredibly dissimilar, cartoon Raven is a heavily stylized teen anime girl.  That's so far removed from the look and feel of this game that it's ridiculous to think they'd do that.
#1817  March 26, 2013, 01:27:53 pm
So, who here said they wanted / expected TT cartoon Raven again ? Beside Pikachu guy I mean.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1818  March 26, 2013, 01:29:29 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I was expecting it, but I guess if they want to do the comics version, I guess I'll live with it.

Youtubers are never satisfied!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1819  March 26, 2013, 01:30:41 pm
Why would anyone think that they'd make Raven look like the cartoon version?  Putting aside that the cartoon and comic versions already look incredibly dissimilar, cartoon Raven is a heavily stylized teen anime girl.  That's so far removed from the look and feel of this game that it's ridiculous to think they'd do that.

I agree in that people need to accept that there's more than one type of Raven. But those who wanted TT Raven probably expected that she had more pale white hair, her outfit was more like the TT version and she was still a teenager. It doesn't matter to me personally, except dat face.
#1820  March 26, 2013, 04:29:11 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Let's just ignore those YouTubers. Some of them have never played a game like Injustice: Gods Among Us before, so they don't even know what they're talking about.