YesNoOk

How would you handle KFM thread (Read 42436 times)

Started by Titiln, September 21, 2008, 03:15:01 am
Re: How would you handle [x] thread
#21  September 21, 2008, 12:49:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
So any reason why he claims to be happy to be banned but is ONLINE until now? Im looking at the bar and there he sits patiently.
#22  September 21, 2008, 07:00:22 pm
    • Germany
..is he banned from viewing the forum? If so, please make it read-only.

Oh also, I personally vote against the ban. But since I don't ever see most of his posts anyways I'm fine with the decision.
#23  September 21, 2008, 07:09:32 pm
    • Germany
also, all the banning etc discussed and decisions being made here, people will soon say "haha public staff forum, what bullshit"
#24  September 22, 2008, 02:24:03 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
He's banned from posting. And, he spoke to me sorta minutes after i'd done it, at which point he requested it to be permanent.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#25  September 23, 2008, 05:00:08 pm
  • SNK is life
#26  September 23, 2008, 05:27:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
One thing, was he announced to be banned anywhere openly public within the forum?
Possibly wished the best in his future endeavors?
#27  September 23, 2008, 11:03:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
also, all the banning etc discussed and decisions being made here, people will soon say "haha public staff forum, what bullshit"

problem with that is that when discussing with people like these, doing it publically is "persecuting them"

They use third wave tactics http://voice.paly.net/view_story?id=6420 and it has gone up to their head.
(3:10 AM) Ash: Heilige ***: So I've got a lot of shit coming at me if you don't mind and a lot of people ready to go Sparta on Guild.
(3:10 AM) Iced-: i wont cut into any deal of some sort and im even trying to avoid entering mugen discussions with you
(3:11 AM) Iced-: oh let em, more people to ban over trying to justify overkill methods.
(3:14 AM) Ash: Heilige ***: I only post there when this shit happens, or some game interests me, or business. I don't like posting there.
(3:14 AM) Ash: Heilige ***: Just it's the 800lb FUCKING GORILLA.
(3:14 AM) Iced-: then walk away, no one is forcing you stay, you dont even deal with mugen anymore according to what you last said
(3:14 AM) Iced-: sides, byakko and tons others still around there
(3:14 AM) Ash: Heilige ***: That's the kicker.
(3:14 AM) Ash: Heilige ***: See I just talked people out of making a situation worse.
(3:15 AM) Ash: Heilige ***: And people in Guild's staff take their actions and use it to say "this is how RS is"
(3:15 AM) Ash: Heilige ***: You yourself have done that.
(3:16 AM) Ash: Heilige ***: I made RS because I hated what Guild was becoming. I expected all this to happen. It was inevitable when Val just didn't care, sooner or later someone would try to throw things over.
(3:17 AM) Ash: Heilige ***: Now RS is dead because I don't cater to the leechers and the crazy.

from back then.

Getting back to the main story, it was during my stay as admin for the forum that the initial strong push towards introducing a general sense of ethics came into play. The topic was certainly not a new one for all the creators and staff present, but it had never really been set into motion with much effort before this point, or at least with much success. I became the public face of this movement and had these new rules strongly enforced, which as you can probably guess was not too popular with some of the user base at the time. Of course, time would prove me right as many of the contemporary forums would eventually adopt at least some of my initial ethical reforms, and when Guild decided to do away with them there was a vocal reaction against it. The other side of this though is that after my own departure later on, these rules would be amended and made even more stringent to the point of being somewhat absurd in nature. For someone who was known for planning things out a great deal, there was a definite lack of foresight in terms of just how far those ethics could go. For this, I apologize.

From rolento.

#28  September 24, 2008, 10:17:28 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Zantetsu made a jab at him getting banned, which i promptly took ownership of and stated what was up. Aside from SBZ, noone mentioned it after that.

Yes it's permanent, he cannot post. He may still view, and register, but quite honestly register while banned = ban anyway so who really cares about that option.

Provided you can keep mugen ethics out of it and just discuss projects or random shit, he's actually pretty cool. Keeping them out is of course the kicker.

Course, i feel like that with a lot of people, mugen ethics annoy me these days. Either agree with me, or don't discuss with me, these are your choices.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#29  September 24, 2008, 02:24:21 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Don't forget that KFM banned me from RS in the past just for talking about making a forum that's like Guild is now. And I talked about that in irc. So no one can say the ban is an over react or unfair.

We put up with his disrespect of our forum's "rules" for far too long.
#30  September 24, 2008, 02:35:36 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
One thing, was he announced to be banned anywhere openly public within the forum?
Possibly wished the best in his future endeavors?
People not giving a damn so far is cool, mentioning it would just be making a big deal out of it.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#31  September 24, 2008, 02:38:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
 :kungfugoi:
#32  October 12, 2008, 06:26:23 am
  • I got a PM.
#33  October 12, 2008, 06:30:43 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Come on, that topic wasn't relevant or big enough for second thoughts.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#34  October 12, 2008, 06:38:11 am
  • I got a PM.
I didn't want to suppress a guy just because he said something crude. The topic it's self could have been valid. The comment was the problem. For me that was a gray area. Must be my Irish heritage. Stuff like at my uncles wake my father his brothers propped him up and forced fed him whiskey. We find death a so horrible that the best way to handle it is with sick humor. Culturally I wasn't sure how bad of an act that was. 

Now that I think more about it you're right.
#35  October 27, 2008, 09:18:32 pm
  • I got a PM.
I got to tell you I'm a little upset by this spiderwalt edit of one of my post.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=88703.msg769045#msg769045

Is there a limit on the size of a post before it was to go into spoilers?

Am I going to have Walt following around my posting style complaining and editing everything I say? I say that because I got Walt ranting on another post I made today about punctuation.

Makes me a bit mad because I didn't realize that my postings were "Disruptive"

Maybe I'm having an over reaction but this does not make me happy.
#36  October 27, 2008, 09:46:06 pm
  • SNK is life
They're "disruptively long". Haven't you noticed that after one of your posts barely anyone addresses an answer to it or that the thread dies? I have! :D ... It's because:
A. Nothing to argue
B. Hard to read, ignore
C. Obvious tl;dr.

It was just a heads up for you, I meant it as feedback. As a Psychologist with a degree (or at least that what you said) who has devoured books to understand human behaviour, you're marketing yourself the wrong way with all of those their/they're/there were/where your/you're, striking as ignorant or sloppy, with long run on sentences that I find myself going over 3 times to understand what you were trying to say, it's tiring.

Sum up - Read what you wrote before you hit the POST button. Ask yourself if you'd read it.
#37  October 27, 2008, 11:52:22 pm
i suggest messaging him or bringing it up in this thread next time instead of making him look like a dumbass

i agree with the feedback you gave him, however
#38  October 28, 2008, 12:06:23 am
  • SNK is life
I'll take that much, it was inappropriate in the fashion that I did it. It was impulsive, but I refrained myself in the past. In that particular post, it was actually him and not me who posted this:

Warning Shamrock is about to go into one of his Marx's true American History rants
I just spoiler'd it because he acknowledged he was about to ramble, so I tried to keep the dynamics of the thread moving forward for everyone by making it accessible if they really wanted to know his opinion, instead of having to scroll the page twice to read the next post.
#39  October 28, 2008, 12:12:55 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I actually thought shamrock had spoilered himself that way, only noticed it had been walt here.
#40  October 28, 2008, 12:19:43 am
    • Germany
same here