YesNoOk

Original Character Beta - Tye Kelly (Read 32794 times)

Started by N.O.Vice, November 08, 2010, 06:48:31 am
Share this topic:
Original Character Beta - Tye Kelly
New #1  November 08, 2010, 06:48:31 am
    • USA
System Mechanics:
P - X             |Punch
K - A             |Kick
G - Y             |Grab/Throw
PK - XA          |Assault
PG - XY          |Taunt

Normal Attacks:
Use the direction pad along with the P or K button to perform a diverse variety of attacks.

Taunting:
Use taunts by pressing PG to either boost your health or gain power meter.

Specials:
Using the RMCS ("REMIX" - Relative Motion Command System), players can cancel into specials by perform the move relative to the last direction pressed. For example, to perform Tye's slide special from 6+X, perform F, UF, U, A instead of the usual D, DF, F, A.

Download Tye Mugen 1.0 Version
Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 04:29:49 pm by N.O.Vice
Re: Original Character - Tye Kelly
#2  November 08, 2010, 07:21:56 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
  • Collisions at Tye's feet "jiggle" when he walks forward. ClsnDefault is your friend in the case of animations where your character's limbs don't move very far apart.
  • All of his normals have infinite priority.
  • After you finish Earth Lock's continuation, MUGEN recognizes Tye's opponent in one of Tye's custom states. The opponent still can still move about and can be knocked out of Tye's custom state when attacked, but they will be unable to perform any attacks.
  • A lot of Tye's throws lack oomph and/or look off.
  • The physics on a falling opponent after Earth Lock's continuation looks really floaty.
  • Ditch the taunt healing 100 health instantly and the constant powergain

Australian, eh? Just use TF2 Sniper voiceclips and no one will be any the wiser.
Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:30:20 am by Do not even ask
#3  November 08, 2010, 07:45:25 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Ur no Alexlexus nor kong... U spent 2 years on creating your first character and thats dedication thats why he is in my roster! Thanks! nice char!
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#4  November 08, 2010, 07:53:29 am
    • USA
  • Collisions at Tye's feet "jiggle" when he walks forward. ClsnDefault is your friend in the case of animations where your character's limbs don't move very far apart.
  • All of his normals have infinite priority.
  • After you finish Earth Lock's continuation, MUGEN recognizes Tye's opponent in one of Tye's custom states. The opponent still can still move about and can be knocked out of Tye's custom state when attacked, but they will be unable to perform any attacks.
  • A lot of Tye's throws lack oomph and/or look off.
  • The physics on a falling opponent after Earth Lock's continuation looks really floaty.
  • Ditch the taunt healing 100 health instantly and the constant powergain

Australian, eh? Just use TF2 Sniper voiceclips and no one will be any the wiser.

Thank you
  • I will put on clsn2defaults on walk.
  • I had a feeling someone would say that, not a hard fix.
  • Does the opponent regain control? If he does, that a severe glitch that's never happened to me before... wow that bad. (Unless you mean the player gains control, that's intended.)
  • I can agree with that sadly, I'll edit them... may add some extra frames and eventshake effects, I noticed a little misalignment on Somersault Crush.
  • The floatiness was intended, yet in hindsight, probably not necessary.
  • That's just a system mechanic for my characters, I'll reduce it before ditching it entirely (It's actually far better than what was originally planned)
Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:57:55 am by safirkreuz85
#5  November 08, 2010, 11:03:17 am
  • My, you scream most magnificently!
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/hnwfwrestling
Hey, i like the sprites and some of the pals are nice to (mesh ftw) but i have some complaints:

His jump looks kinda silly don't cha think?

His voices go from Joe to Kyo wich don't go together

Kinda feels as if hes missing frames,sprites,etc.

and does he really need a one button throw and a forward 2 button throw that do the same thing?

I like how this character is overall so don't give up man!looking forward to an update!
#6  November 08, 2010, 02:28:51 pm
    • USA
Hey, i like the sprites and some of the pals are nice to (mesh ftw) but i have some complaints:

His jump looks kinda silly don't cha think?

His voices go from Joe to Kyo wich don't go together

Kinda feels as if hes missing frames,sprites,etc.

and does he really need a one button throw and a forward 2 button throw that do the same thing?

I like how this character is overall so don't give up man!looking forward to an update!

Yeah, the jump sprites looks pretty goofy. It's a relic when I just started making him.

The voices are pretty bad for him and my other characters. (I made all the sprites, but just swapped and assembled voices samples, lazy???.)

He needs more frames in general, a lot of work.

It's not necessary, G (Y Button) is treated as P+K (X+A buttons).  (I don't know, I like it even if it's redundant.)
Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:58:20 pm by safirkreuz85
#7  November 08, 2010, 07:23:00 pm

He looks like the pool boy from Mad TV  :P I'm just messn' with ya though don't take it too seriously...
#8  November 08, 2010, 07:32:02 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
More the the gay link from drawn together.
#9  November 08, 2010, 09:41:59 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Repetitive vocals. If anyone can speak with a decent Australian accent, please assist.

Ask Chosis. He's australian and he made the voice clips for Zenith, a caracter from Shades of Manhattan.

Some feedback

- The sprites aren't bad, but the animation could improve. For instances his left knee (artists right) inflates instead of moving up and down, his abs lose one shade during his walking animation.
- Check aligments. This is specially obvious when you knock im down -He sinks in the screen.
- Gains power automatically?
- Personal preference,  but using a sprite based portrait in an original character is...eww.
- He knocks p2 on the ground before hitting them with the last kicks of rush splendor.
- He should not recover health if he's hit during his taunt, otherwise you could spent the entire match taunting after inflicting some damage and win by timeout. And even then he recovers a lot of health, beststick with power gain only.

He needs a lot of polishment, but you have some interesting ideas here.
Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:23:58 pm by Cyan Paul
#10  November 09, 2010, 12:02:15 am
    • USA
Some feedback

- The sprites aren't bad, but the animation could improve. For instances his left knee (artists right) inflates instead of moving up and down, his abs lose one shade during his walking animation.
- Check aligments. This is specially obvious when you knock im down -He sinks in the screen.
- Gains power automatically?
- Personal preference,  but using a sprite based portrait in an original character is...eww
- He knocks p2 on the ground before hitting them with the last kicks of rush splendor.
- He should not recover health if he's hit during his taunt, otherwise you could spent the entire match taunting after inflicting some damage and win by timeout. And even then he recovers a lot of health, beststick with power gain only.

He needs a lot of polishment, but you have some interesting ideas here.

• I need to polish the sprites and add new frames of animation.
  • I need to look into the alignment, don't see many examples of it on the basic hit frames except crouch gethit frames.
  • I don't really know what to say about the portrait? That's kind of a common way of making it that I've noticed... maybe later on I'll change it.
  • That's an issue when I adjusted the hitboxes this morning... I'm trying to adjust that while posting.
  • I really do want to keep my power gains and health gains... it was a major part of my game schematic. I will do my best to get a balance it though.
I am rethinking the healing and power raising taunts. Taunting will instead just raise power, but if you have 1 bar of meter, you can press T (B button) at the end of the taunt to perform a special taunt to gain around 100 health. This special taunt will be invincible and freeze the screen for until the animation is over. I'll try to add this sometime soon.

#11  November 09, 2010, 12:08:21 am
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
May we jsut not fo the healing? Make him vulnerable during the whole taunt animation in the first place? Also noticed that taunt is not the start button but rather my Y.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#12  November 09, 2010, 12:17:26 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
That's because taunts have an use; they can cancel other moves. It's practical to keep them next to the attack buttons.

I don't really know what to say about the portrait? That's kind of a common way of making it that I've noticed... maybe later on I'll change it.
Well, it'd be a shame to stick with an average sprite based small portrait since you have the graphics skill to do a special one.

a special taunt to gain around 100 health. This special taunt will be invincible and freeze the screen for until the animation is over

Sounds fair. You might want to adjust the powergain to make sure it's not abusable since it's going to be unpunishable.
#13  November 09, 2010, 12:52:02 am
    • USA
Sounds fair. You might want to adjust the powergain to make sure it's not abusable since it's going to be unpunishable.

Was thinking of that as well. It will need a lot of balancing. I am so glad to get this useful feedback.

On another topic though, how does the canceling system fair? I somewhat worry that it makes his whole game play way to safe for him and dangerous for his opponent. It's sorta my way of mixing Alpha's custom combos with the SFIV's fadc system. Overkill?

Press the Tactic Button/B button on move contact if you haven't worked with it yet.
#14  November 09, 2010, 01:42:10 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Add/tighen damage dampener when the tactic button is activated.

(that's just 1 jab into rush chaos)

Normally I'd said this amount of damage is okay since the combo requies 3 stocks, but since he can fill them rather easily you may want to change it.

Also, there's one thing about capcom fighters you might want to know. In games like cvs you can hold down+forward while running and keep running, not changing to crouching position.
#15  November 09, 2010, 02:21:57 am
    • USA
Add/tighen damage dampener when the tactic button is activated.

(that's just 1 jab into rush chaos)

Normally I'd said this amount of damage is okay since the combo requies 3 stocks, but since he can fill them rather easily you may want to change it.

Also, there's one thing about capcom fighters you might want to know. In games like cvs you can hold down+forward while running and keep running, not changing to crouching position.

I will force State 900 (Cancel) to minus from the Damage Reduction variable.
#16  November 09, 2010, 02:17:13 pm
  • Loading....Loading.....Error

It causes clones? *Was countered by his leg grapple*

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#17  November 09, 2010, 03:04:50 pm
    • USA
#18  November 10, 2010, 06:50:58 am
    • USA

He looks like the pool boy from Mad TV  :P I'm just messn' with ya though don't take it too seriously...

Sadly, he wasn't made in reference to those awesome characters. When I release the ecchi version sometime I will make sure to add Xander's color palette. (There will be no such release :wink3:)

Wow, Tye and Pool boy do look similar... I had to actually look at old skits. Yeah, Tye's a sexy male character on the verge of awkward... that's pretty obvious. ;P

The Sadly part at the beginning of my reply makes me want to give Tye a Old Spice Taunt.  --;
Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:08:35 pm by safirkreuz85
#19  November 10, 2010, 07:15:06 am
  • RIDER KICK!

Sadly, he wasn't made in reference to those awesome characters. When I release the ecchi version sometime I will make sure to add Xander's color palette. (Not really :wink3:)

Wow, Tye and Pool boy do look similar... I had to actually look up at old skits. Yeah, Tye's a sexy male character on the verge of awkward... that's pretty obvious. ;P

The Sadly part at the beginning of my reply makes me want to give Tye a Old Spice Taunt.  --;
O god please don't due what i think your going to do if you do make an "ecchi" version of him ._.

"Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way."
#20  November 10, 2010, 07:31:50 am
    • USA