YesNoOk

Lord Kain's small portraits (Read 15696 times)

Started by Lord Kain, April 20, 2012, 06:31:55 am
Share this topic:
Lord Kain's small portraits
#1  April 20, 2012, 06:31:55 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
The following are 6 small portraits I created for:

Superman by Hannibal/Kal-Elvis and Friends
Iron Man by Magus
Edward Trusdale by Kamekaze
Rubyheart by Beximus
Carnage by Seth Zankuten
Warmachine By One Winged Angel

PCX files:
Download

This are free for you guys to try out, hopefully this are not the last ones I make, Im willing to get better at it... enjoy!
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:17:32 pm by Lord Kain
Re: My attempt at small custom portraits
#2  April 20, 2012, 06:48:01 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
not bad kain those thing are good

#3  April 20, 2012, 01:08:15 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Not bad at all. Keep a close eye on those brighter specs in darker areas.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#4  April 22, 2012, 11:09:07 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
I wasn't really happy about the way the Iron Man picture came out but oh well...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
Re: Lord Kain's small portraits
#5  April 28, 2012, 06:16:04 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
Wave 2:

Spawn by ER / Edited by Duracelleur
Storm by Shinta
Grant by Abuhachi
Omega Red  by ZVitor
Mukuro by Cray

PCX files:
Download
Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:23:10 am by Lord Kain
#6  April 28, 2012, 06:35:32 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Pretty good. It's nice to have variety in an often overlooked detail that are small face portraits.

Have you thought of providing multiple formats outside of the 25x25 size to accommodate custom Select Screen/Lifebar sizes??

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#7  April 28, 2012, 07:57:22 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
Not really but I know their not hard since most of them don't really use palettes, I've seen recent screenpack releases and their using a lot of HD costum small and big protraits, it looks really good actually but right now I'm focusing on making regular 25x25 small portraits, I've never really made anything so I guess this is like my first contribution for mugen so I'm  starting and learning from the basics first, maybe later on ill try to do those, thanks for your advice tho!
#8  April 28, 2012, 08:00:40 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ as cool as it sounds to do it for custom portraits that aren´t just 25x25 is way too time consuming and do not if would worth it anyways :P the recent small portrait bash is pretty nice, keep it up  :)
Chilling
#9  April 28, 2012, 08:18:11 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
No prob Kain.

As long as you have a good high quality template to work off of, you could resize it to accommodate any size, as long as the end result isn't bigger. My current crop of upcoming MvC2 portraits all use the same source image. No quality or color is lost when I size it down, so 4 portraits ranging from 640x480 all the way down to 38x45 come from the same source.

I like what you have so far. Perhaps next time you could give us themes or packs of 8??

#10  April 29, 2012, 10:30:42 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Have you thought of providing multiple formats outside of the 25x25 size to accommodate custom Select Screen/Lifebar sizes??
He's going for 25x25 here, which is the default size for all normal port screenpacks and lifebars. There's not exactly another format for it.
#11  April 29, 2012, 11:00:08 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
He's going for 25x25 here, which is the default size for all normal port screenpacks and lifebars. There's not exactly another format for it.

This I already know. However, some people may use Mugen HD, so loss in clarity from blowing up a 25x25 image happens on a more detailed screen. Just saying that options are a good thing.

#12  April 29, 2012, 11:48:24 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ but as I said that would be a waste of time if you don´t have the lifebars that possess that specific type of small portrait you are saying, 25x25 is the most used since default portrait lifebars and screenpacks are pretty common
Chilling
#13  April 30, 2012, 12:22:42 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
^ as cool as it sounds to do it for custom portraits that aren´t just 25x25 is way too time consuming and do not if would worth it anyways :P the recent small portrait bash is pretty nice, keep it up  :)
thanks for your complement, still I'm not as good as you  :P, by the way,I wrote on your small portraits thread about a request I needed for slash, the thing is that I had a problem making the small portrait myself, are you still making requests?
Pretty good. It's nice to have variety in an often overlooked detail that are small face portraits.

recent small portraits are made of HR images aswell as the large portraits, not only that but they have to be made to fit into certain type of lifebars, select screens or vs screens, they can be triangular, rectangular, etc... making the shape of those small portraits can really be time consuming like goodalo said before, that's why I'm just sticking to the original

#14  April 30, 2012, 12:40:50 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Gotchya. I was just curious while expressing a few points. I personally like sticking to a specific standard. It keeps shit simple.

#15  April 30, 2012, 12:56:15 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
thanks for your complement, still I'm not as good as you  :P, by the way,I wrote on your small portraits thread about a request I needed for slash, the thing is that I had a problem making the small portrait myself, are you still making requests?

You´re welcome and yeah I saw it, hopefully I´ll do it tonight along with the rest I´m missing
Chilling

DTK

#16  April 30, 2012, 01:11:11 am
nice
#17  April 30, 2012, 03:28:07 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
Thanks a lot gooda! Much apreciate!
#18  April 30, 2012, 08:41:50 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ

This I already know. However, some people may use Mugen HD, so loss in clarity from blowing up a 25x25 image happens on a more detailed screen. Just saying that options are a good thing.
Well here's the issue Sai. Every screenpack and lifebar out there uses ports using 25x25, strictly and only 25x25 so it'd be a waste of time to make bigger ports. Now if you mean screenpacks such as Enemies of Fear, then those are custom portraits and making small ports for them is a bit of a waste since you're not restricted to the character palette and can use higher quality images. So basically the only size there is for these type of portraits (That rely on the character palette) is 25x25. If you understand what I mean I suppose.
#19  June 19, 2012, 12:39:38 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
Wave 3:

Magneto by Sunboy (works for aa250's magneto aswell)
Redsnake by Fervicante
Judith by Sepher
Cyber Akuma by Bask (could work for MystikBlaze's Magneto)

PCX Files:
Download

Posted: April 02, 2013, 02:03:41 am
Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:07:35 am by Lord Kain
#20  April 02, 2013, 02:07:59 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
Been a while...

Wave 4:

GhostRyder by Wucash
Victor by CNGSOFT
Thor by Loganir
Hawkman by ZVitor

PCX Files:
Download
Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:12:35 am by Lord Kain