YesNoOk

Why is CVS is So popular? * Wanna hear your Opinion* (Read 6912 times)

Started by C.v.s The Abstract, June 18, 2012, 10:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Why is CVS is So popular? * Wanna hear your Opinion*
#61  June 19, 2012, 07:37:45 pm
Shitty reviewers said:
- Dated Graphics

- 2D Button Mashing Game

- Can't Talk Between Fights On Xbox Live

So much wrong with these "cons". Though I guess that was before Xbox Live parties so the last con makes sense for the time.
#62  June 19, 2012, 07:40:32 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#63  June 19, 2012, 07:57:30 pm
So, am i the only person who thinks this game is overhyped and dull because of it? I find the playstyle slow. I understand what it is. I just find it fucking boring. SF3 is more fun to me (and i'm not a great fan of SF's playstyle either)

That's all personal preference. I do not like CvS2. Oddly, i don't mind CvS so much.

CvS2 is not slow at all.
#64  June 19, 2012, 08:29:52 pm
well the sprites are cleaner and fresher when it comes to converting new characters. it is closer to sfa style because guile, zangief, sakura, cammy, and Honda still has their sfa sprites in cvs.
#65  June 19, 2012, 09:01:33 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
Shitty reviewers said:
- Dated Graphics

- 2D Button Mashing Game

- Can't Talk Between Fights On Xbox Live
[/quote]

Like the ability to blab with your buddies before or after a fight like its MW3 is a good reason to bash a game. Also, the graphics were more or less an evolved form of Capcom's SF spriting styles, and accomplished a lot of detail despite the lack of intricate shading or CPS 3's advanced palette capabilities. If anything, low-res graphics are harder to do because something as insignificant as one or two pixels can make a sprite look terrible.
#66  June 20, 2012, 08:57:12 am
#67  June 20, 2012, 10:32:19 pm
I haven't played the series, but from the sound of the characters adapted to mugen from it, the voices and sfx sounds loud and dirty. I would say it has bad compression, but there may be a chance that even if the sounds were ripped at 320 kbps, they would still be rough on the ear.
#68  June 21, 2012, 12:55:07 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol compressed sounds.
#69  June 21, 2012, 02:37:07 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Spriting is hard.
Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:43:19 am by Diepod
#70  June 21, 2012, 02:52:21 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
the voices and sfx sounds loud and dirty

THEY SEE ME PLAYIN
MY X-BOX
AND ALL OF THE CHARS SOUNDS ARE TOO LOUD AND DIRTY
AND THEY'RE JUST TOO LOUD AND DIRTY
LOOK AT ME THEY'RE LOUD AND DIRTY
REALLY REALLY JUST TOO LOUD AND DIRTY

I WANNA PLAY WITH
THE K-GROOVE
BUT ALL OF THE CHARS SOUNDS ARE TOO LOUD AND DIRTY
AND THEY SEEM TOO LOUD AND DIRTY
HOW'D THEY GET TOO LOUD AND DIRTY
THEY'RE JUST TOO LOUD AND DIRTY (HOLY COW THEY'RE LOUD AND DIRTY)
#71  June 21, 2012, 09:30:38 am
rofl^
#72  June 21, 2012, 03:31:22 pm
At first I am a Street Fighter Fans only but when I heard that King of Fighters is going to fight Street Fighters, I try to play a few King of Fighters game. My first kof game is King of Fighters 97 and I find it fun. I start to like Kof series after playing a few and it is thanks to Capcom vs SNK Series that makes me become a fan of King of Fighters as well. When Capcom vs SNK 1 was released in my local Arcade, I went to take a look. A pity that there were a few people playing but I can guess that it is the odd Ratio system that are having problems with many fans. I try to play once using Gouki since he and the other four hidden characters are unlocked but I do not know that Gouki can only be chosen as a single character with Ratio 4 only. I get to fight against four characters, I think it is Yuri, Benimaru, Dhalsim and King, all Ratio 4 and I get killed. Later there is a sequel which is pretty good and fair enough than the prequel and I enjoy it using my Ryu, Ken, Gouki, Sagat and Guile but I am not really fans of SNK characters there except for a few as I prefer their Kof appearance. Later, there is a SNK vs Capcom Chaos which is still fun as well. I use most of the SNK characters there and a few Capcom characters like Gouki, Sagat and Demitri. Right now, most of my local Arcade doesn't have these three games there probably not many people play these games in today's generation in my country

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#73  June 22, 2012, 06:10:17 am
Sure why not?

I love CvS2 for pretty much every reason listed in this topic. It's music and visuals are what I pretty much measure any other 2D fighter in terns of style. I'm sad to say that I don't have ANY friends that share my love of fighters so without the experience of competitive play I can't say that I truly appreciate it's system and gameplay as much as I could, but it still awesome in my eyes and I'd love to see the series continue one day.

Oh yeah. I got say it, CvS has the best sprite style in my opinion. Add in a few more frames per animation and I'd have no complaints.
#74  June 22, 2012, 09:02:03 pm
People who enjoy CvS2 are a minority nowadays anyway. In Northern California from where I live, thank goodness I still have a group of 10-15 friends who are loyal and committed to playing this game and keeping the community alive.

We have people keeping this game alive and making it competitive. Because this game is one of the hardest to master, with all the complex mechanics, it shuns SF4, some SF3, and most SFxT players away. (most of them never even played CvS2)

believe it or not, CvS2 is a game where you will lose 10,000,000 times more than WIN in the beginning on your journey to becoming good. especially if you use low tier characters, it takes months and years to learn all matchups and to master the strengths of your groove and how well they correlate with your main team.

this game looks cool and all, but the gameplay is not easy to learn at first, and thats what makes it truly a great game. all of a sudden, linking combos, hit confirming supers, and having nasty mixups DO make a big deal in your skill asset. i love this game not only for the looks, but its just got a badass system of mechanics that no other fighting game has
#75  June 24, 2012, 02:18:26 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Back it the day:
CVS use to be allot of fun, mostly cause you really had to take time outta your day, and practice. It wasn't something you could just pick up, and start mashing buttons. Plus the graphics, & fighting system was unique, and fit almost anyone's fighting style. The only down side to the game (For me) was that some characters used alpha sprites, so it seemed a bit lazy. Maybe the developers had little time, or little money (That's besides the point). Either way, the game's still fun. Even now! :)
#76  June 24, 2012, 04:57:18 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I like Tommy Tallarico's musical work but his opinions on games are just really dumb.

IIRC he hated one game because he didn't like the footstep sounds.

He also has an unhealthy hatred for Kirby and despises every single game that has Kirby's presence in it.
#77  June 24, 2012, 05:08:19 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
You guys just caused me to watch an Ebay Item... and most likely will pay for it this Wednesday...  :twisted:
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#78  June 24, 2012, 05:51:10 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
Eh, I had a craptastic computer that I could run CvS2 on (through a PS2 emulator) - I think only MAME supports the arcade version, even though I can't find a NAOMI bios anywhere. I could do pretty good with Sagat, but then again, Sagat is a fairly simple character.
#79  June 25, 2012, 08:02:30 am
C-groove Sagat is God Tier, on the same ranks as A-Bison, A-Vega, A-Blanka, A-Sakura. Those are all God Tiers.