YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1098945 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#1761  October 06, 2011, 04:05:19 am
    • USA
The last 2 Movies I watched:

Black swan: It's about a ballerina from NYC who was doing a production called "Swan Lake". However, there was a White Swan & Black swan. In the end, she killed herself. I kinda liked the movie, but I didn't like the end. BTW, I didn't see the whole thing.
Rating: 5.5/10

No Strings Attached: It's another movie that I didn't watch the whole thing on. Its about two people name Emma & Adam from summer camp. They dated. At the end they were at Emma's sister's wedding. Pretty intersting movie.
Rating: 8/10
#1762  October 06, 2011, 04:34:38 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
i find it amusing the only thing people knew about the movie was the ass-kicking priest
The feeding part in the kitchen is my favourite part though. :D

Black swan: It's about a ballerina from NYC who was doing a production called "Swan Lake". However, there was a White Swan & Black swan. In the end, she killed herself. I kinda liked the movie, but I didn't like the end. BTW, I didn't see the whole thing.
Something tells me you lack the necessary background to understand the movie correctly, mainly knowing more about The Swan Lake, what the white and black swan are all about, etc.
And this kind of psychological drama thriller may not be for your age either. Plus, "not seeing the whole thing" doesn't help much ...
#1763  October 06, 2011, 04:38:47 am
    • USA
Something tells me you lack the necessary background to understand the movie correctly, mainly knowing more about The Swan Lake, what the white and black swan are all about, etc.
And this kind of psychological drama thriller may not be for your age either. Plus, "not seeing the whole thing" doesn't help much ...

I actually got some of the info from Wikipedia, if thats okay.
#1764  October 06, 2011, 03:57:47 pm
  • SNK is life
To understand Black Swan's intended damage, you must understand Aronofsky. You must watch his past movies to understand the symbolism, the figurative language, the inherent mind fuck.

Black Swan is probably his simplest plot, pretty "in your face" movie. It complements Mickey Rourke's "The Wrestler", as the female side of the same theme - people who must demand a lot out of themselves physically to make a living.
#1765  October 06, 2011, 04:17:54 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Johnny English Reborn

Good comedy movie, Rowan Atkinson is still bloody hilarious. Balls of STEEL, literally. 8/10.

Captivity

Why does this movie exist?
Why do these kinds of movies exist?
Please make it stop. Just make the stupidity stop.

Watch A Serbian Film, without googling it.
#1766  October 06, 2011, 10:03:57 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
Night of the Creeps   6.5/10    -  campy + gore makes a fun 80's movie

Green Lantern   6/10      not as bad as people say.  I dont think they needed ryan Reynolds to sell this could of been someone else.

The Warriors Way    6.5/10   Pretty good I wish I could of used a bit more action,  I wish I seen it in the theater

Before the Devil knows your Dead     7/10    not bad,  I think Marisa Tomei get better with age.    :twisted:
#1767  October 07, 2011, 03:01:59 pm
  • Puff!
    • Poland
Drive

I was really surprised cuz I was expecting rather simple action movie. But this one is very different level, it's amazing. Best movie I saw in this year I think.
#1768  October 07, 2011, 11:01:07 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA

lux

#1769  October 08, 2011, 09:12:45 am
  • quick, run!!
watched "Houseboat" today with Cary Grant and Sophia Loren. it was good, the children in it are only annoying about half the time, on the whole it's very funny and worth at least 19 pence, which is what i paid for it. **** [4 stars,]
#1770  October 10, 2011, 10:50:49 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Batman: Year One:

Batman's voice actor was pretty bad, and they half-assed two of my favourite moments from the comic (Batman getting hit with a tv and "you're the one who tried to shoot that cat"). Otherwise it was as good as I had hoped.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1771  October 12, 2011, 06:33:27 am
  • FTW!!!
How good is Equilibrium? I have grown a giant interest in that movie all of a sudden.
#1772  October 12, 2011, 07:01:53 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Drive

I was really surprised cuz I was expecting rather simple action movie. But this one is very different level, it's amazing. Best movie I saw in this year I think.

This movie was very cool and entertaining, all the way. I love the sound track for it, really epic in my opinion. I thought of it to have a Scarface/Grand-theft auto type of feel to it. ;D
#1773  October 15, 2011, 08:22:16 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
The american

I liked it. The movie has very little action and does not even tell you that much, but i manages to be emotionally effective most of the time.

Ending felt a bit lacking though.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#1774  October 16, 2011, 09:55:34 pm
  • AWWW YEAAA!!!
    • usetheforcehan.deviantart.com
How good is Equilibrium? I have grown a giant interest in that movie all of a sudden.
Very Good. You will see the journey of emotionless man experience emotions.

Last movie i watched: My Girl and I   [8/10]

This is why i hate watching Korean love movies. Most of the time, it always have a bad or sad ending. >:(
At first, it just a story about ordinary high school teenage love. And then BAM! Shit-hit-the-fan from the middle of the movie toward the end.

The movies teaches us about the frailty of life and the true meaning of true love. How far will you go just to be with the one you love. It also teach about living the life to the fullest.

This movie had a sad ending FYI. Watch it at your own risk, and prepare a box of tissues at your disposal.
#1775  October 17, 2011, 12:22:21 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Thor:

I'm still conflicted on who makes better movies: DC or Marvel?

But this movie is very good!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1776  October 29, 2011, 11:37:42 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Brooklyn's Finest

I don't get this movie, like watching 3in1 clips about some generic cop movie plot that has been exploited thousands of times before.
-about a useless white veteran cop in his last week before retirement,
-about a latino narco detective with money problem,
-and a black undercover cop who has been too long in his gangster identity, wishing to have a desk job and save his marriage

none of them crossing path throughout the movie, only at the very very last accidentally.   
#1777  November 03, 2011, 07:47:54 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Contagion

What happened to the WHO epidemiologist after running out of the airport?
#1778  November 05, 2011, 06:18:36 pm
  • FTW!!!
We're supposed to assume that she went back to the village.
#1779  November 05, 2011, 07:53:46 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Yeah, you would assume that, Stockholm syndrome and stuff. It just surprised me that all the other subplots are explained at the end, yet she's completely forgotten in the last half hour of the movie. Maybe it was cut out due to time constraints or something.
#1780  November 07, 2011, 05:08:25 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Tintin :
Great graphics and wonderful animation for the revival of this classic series. I wasn't sure Tintin would transpose well into this type of Media, but Steven Spielberg did a wonderful job. I'll be waiting for the Red Rackham movie now. :)
Grade : 8/10