Shredder WIP (Read 248654 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#301  March 31, 2012, 03:06:22 am
Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:19:09 am by Enscripture
#302  March 31, 2012, 03:20:18 am
Feel like maybe the stab/slash could use a bit of dramatic pause after they've been impaled. Just a little bit of it, maybe. Add a bit of "omph".

MDD

#303  March 31, 2012, 03:40:42 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
#304  March 31, 2012, 03:49:37 am
    • USA
#305  March 31, 2012, 03:58:32 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#306  March 31, 2012, 04:50:09 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Enscripture, you just made my day. "His Chainsaw is deadly."

Thats it.... I want my Chainsaw Goon Dcat!! I demand you make him!!  ;P

I would call the move honorless. Shredder just lunges at you. Dishonorably. What he does with the sword is without honor (now I'm quoting the film). Viola. Honorless.

Eh??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#307  March 31, 2012, 10:05:30 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
A while back, I had scanned the Instruction Manuals for a few games.  Some have Shredder art.  Maybe they can be used for super portrait or something:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35124

Ooh! Old Nintendo Power Art:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Man, where do you find this stuff? I remember that roster of baddies from the first game, Robots that turn into Fire Zombies that turn into Frog Men. Those developers had no earthly idea what they were doing... And don't even get me started on the ending. Your archives are impressive, I'll definitely check these out, thanks!

Oh btw, here's my current progress on my spriting work:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6323/charlotter.png

So far, only most of the basics are done, she still needs Hurt poses, Back Dash and a Taunt before all her basics are done...

But does anyone recognise her? :P
please dont do this again.

Gonna have to agree here, that post was completely unrelated and felt a lot like a plug.

Feel like maybe the stab/slash could use a bit of dramatic pause after they've been impaled. Just a little bit of it, maybe. Add a bit of "omph".
There is a pause, maybe you didn't notice it in the video. For each strike Shredder pauses before he retracts the blade.

Dishonorable Slash?

Disembowel?

All this talk about honor feels out of place when talking about Shredder... Disembowel sounds good I feel like I'm leaning towards something like that or Eviscerate but more clever & technical sounding. If anyone knows official names for sword strikes, I think that'd help.
#308  March 31, 2012, 10:57:46 am
A while back, I had scanned the Instruction Manuals for a few games.  Some have Shredder art.  Maybe they can be used for super portrait or something:

Man, where do you find this stuff? I remember that roster of baddies from the first game, Robots that turn into Fire Zombies that turn into Frog Men. Those developers had no earthly idea what they were doing... And don't even get me started on the ending. Your archives are impressive, I'll definitely check these out, thanks!

I was ripping the TMNT nes enemies and the DOS version because the DOS ones are more detailed and considering converting them to TMNT IV style, redrawn, of course. Unless you can dram them better lol If anything, that'd probably make a fun mini-game.
#309  March 31, 2012, 11:33:38 am
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Sorry, I posted it because I had earlier mentioned that I was currently working on spriting a different character from Bebop & Rocksteady, so I felt I just wanted to show what it was I were working on.

I won't do it again unless asked.

But damn Enscripture! Nice Find! :D
#310  March 31, 2012, 09:18:47 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Name ideas for the move:
Decisive Strike/ Thrust
Tengu Rush
Asura 's hold/ Asura's advance
Shinboi Scramble
Dreadful Encounter
Rupturing forward
#311  March 31, 2012, 10:09:48 pm
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
I can't help but want to see "Come, Gaijin!" used as an attack name.

(A little shout-out to a memorable Shredder quote from page 31 of the original comic.)
#312  April 02, 2012, 02:20:34 am
A while back, I had scanned le Instruction Manuals for a few games.  Some have Shredder art.  Maybe they can be used for super portrait or something:

Man, where do you find this stuff? I remember that roster of baddies from le first game, Robots that turn into Fire Zombies that turn into Frog Men. Those developers had no earthly idea what they were doing... And don't even get me started on le ending. Your archives are impressive, I'll definitely check these out, thanks!

I was ripping le TMNT nes enemies and le DOS version because le DOS ones are more detailed and considering converting them to TMNT IV style, redrawn, of course. Unless you can dram them better lol If anything, that'd probably make a fun mini-game.
I think that  project's got your name all over it my friend!  :mhappy:

Name ideas for le move:
Decisive Strike/ Thrust
Tengu Rush
Asura 's hold/ Asura's advance
Shinboi Scramble
Dreadful Encounter
Rupturing forward
Now I can really work with these names, thanks!

I can't help but want to see "Come, Gaijin!" used as an attack name.

(A little shout-out to a memorable Shredder quote from page 31 of le original comic.)

The talented Shockdingo has provided me with some original Shredder voice acting that he's performed and the resemblance to James Avery's  original Shredder voice is uncanny! I'll definitely be including his talents in the character, so don't be surprised to hear his "Gaijin" taunt from the comics in the final release. He's really done a remarkable job, I'm quite impressed and I'm sure you guys will be as well once you hear it.
#313  April 02, 2012, 12:27:17 pm
    • Sweden
I can't wait to hear Shockdingo's Shredder voice. :D
#314  April 03, 2012, 08:32:46 am
The talented Shockdingo has provided me with some original Shredder voice acting that he's performed and the resemblance to James Avery's  original Shredder voice is uncanny! I'll definitely be including his talents in the character, so don't be surprised to hear his "Gaijin" taunt from the comics in the final release. He's really done a remarkable job, I'm quite impressed and I'm sure you guys will be as well once you hear it.

Here's a preview for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1eqlWLxV_Q
#315  April 03, 2012, 08:39:20 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
:D
#316  April 03, 2012, 10:45:57 am
I was awaiting something like this:
http://acidglow.lithfaq.com/sprsheets/shredder.gif

And at first I saw the first page where he was naked and golden helmet and was like 'Meh not the Shredder I meant', and I would have preferred like this one that he is with his cloak or well you know the classic one, then I saw this screenshot,

if that's what you're doing then awesome, it is the one I meant. So is he naked or like that, finally?

Also are you planning to make Rocksteady and Beebop in some future?
#317  April 03, 2012, 10:47:05 am
    • Sweden
Damn, thats very good. :D

EDIT: Say, I had an idea, I remember seeing some characters having a special intro when playing in the same team, what if there could be one for Shredder and Krang based on... well, they're many bickering and argues. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlUlEpnBxNg&feature=related

I especially like the one with Shredder saying: It sounds scary!

Krang: There's nothing to be AFRAID of! You go first.

Shredder: No you go.

Krang: No you go.
Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:18:33 am by rukifellth
#318  April 03, 2012, 11:27:52 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#319  April 03, 2012, 06:59:56 pm
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
Wow, great job, Shockdingo!

EDIT: Say, I had an idea, I remember seeing some characters having a special intro when playing in the same team, what if there could be one for Shredder and Krang based on... well, they're many bickering and argues. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlUlEpnBxNg&feature=related

I especially like the one with Shredder saying: It sounds scary!

Krang: There's nothing to be AFRAID of! You go first.

Shredder: No you go.

Krang: No you go.

Something like that would be awesome!

I know a guy who does a great Pat Fraley Krang impression too!
#320  April 03, 2012, 07:14:54 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Hmm... I'm not 100% on the voice actor. Perhaps it's because I'm so used to the cartoon that anything a pitch different is a big no-no to me. Let me clarify that I'm not hating your effort at all. It's actually quite good for a voice actor. I gotta sit with this a little longer.

Dcat, have you thought out his movelist, I.E. how moves he will have total, or is it too soon to ask?? Just curious.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.