YesNoOk

Come dream with me. (Read 10000 times)

Started by DW, September 11, 2013, 01:47:37 am

DW

Come dream with me.
New #1  September 11, 2013, 01:47:37 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
So, as I've said, I've had many ideas about chars I wanted to create. Some of them just recently hit me... While others have been there ever since I played MUGEN. Of course, none of this will be set in stone, or be coming anytime soon. Still, I find it very productive to plan ahead, brain-storm in advance, etc... Let's get to it then. First off, I will be coding Aska as I said. If things work out for the better, I may be able to release her as a Christmas or Happy New Years gift to the community. Don't hold your breath on that though... :P What about C.Viper and X you may be wondering. Well, I can't deliver on them this year without a doubt. However, I don't think either one of them is done anyway. This gives RamzaNeko and Felo_Llop the time to do things at their leisure. Even If I was able to code them right away, I'm never one to rush or hassle anyone about anything.

I told them I would, and I never go back on my word. Unless of dire situations where I really can't do something. In that case, I'll be sure to let them know personally that I can not do it. I can do it, just not anytime soon. If they can't wait on me, that's fine too. I'd never be the one to hinder a project. So, that's the situation on that. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, it's very likely that I'll code Aska for CvtW as well. I talked with Sean a few days back and he was all for it. I remember him having some TMNTs there in his initial poll of who would be in CvtW. Too bad the Turtles lost out... :( Though, at least there's the possibility now that a TMNT representative(sort of...) will make it in.

Let's get to what chars I have in mind for the future... Hopefully... All the chars that were in that poll I put up long ago still have a high chance of me making them. I already made Psylocke and Juli. That leaves Strider, Akuma, and Rock. So, I expect sometime in early 2014... Around March, maybe late February(if things work out) I'll more than likely start on Rock. Since he's the easiest of those 3, I should be able to knock him out with minimal difficulty, and then one of the other two. However, I have this recent char that just popped into my head...

Firebrand

I remember playing his games as a child. All 3 of them were great, but were overshadowed by Capcom's more popular franchises. However, good ol' Firebrand still has a lot of faithful fans backing him. He even managed to get in UMvC3! Earlier today, I was playing Demon's Crest... And I was like... "Man, Firebrand is awesome. It'd be sweet if I had him in my MUGEN..." Then, I face-palmed lol. I honestly felt like it couldn't be done. Like he didn't have any available sprites or anything. But, of course he does! He was in SvC. Which is what my version will mostly be based on, if I decide to make him that is. UMvC3 type moves would require sprite editing... I'm sorry, but I'm not putting another dime into MUGEN lol. Time is money, and I've definitely put in both when it comes to my chars. I can't keep doing that. I've DL'd Acey's version of him, and I see he has some sprite edits based on his Demon's Crest abilities. Which is very cool, and I'd like to implement some stuff like that. IDK though, he's just a dream project overall though.

Tia Langray

From the underrated fighter Breakers' Revenge. I first became interested in this game, when playing with Kamekaze's grappler guy from that game(sorry forgot his name...). I ended up playing the game myself a bit, along with seeing some combo showcases on YT. Credit and thanks to RamzaNeko for the sprite. Obviously there's not much to go on. I have her sprites from Breakers', I even have like an Alpha version of her just sitting around...  I've sort of abandoned her, because of limited sprites and all. My dream would be to get her converted to CvS. Or close enough to it, like Sean's sprite style. If this were ever to become a reality, I'd be more than happy to code her. She's like a cross between Ken and Chun-Li overall. A very cool char.

I had a few more in mind... Like Billy Lee, if the user Zox had ever released a sprite sheet of him or something. I also was thinking of Hayato. Being one of my fave chars from MvC2. There's others too... A lot actually lol. Though, I'll just pause here for now, and get back with some more stuff later.
Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:03:13 pm by DW
Re: Come dream with me...
#2  September 11, 2013, 02:41:38 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
cool to see firebrand is in your plan wish you luck and fun
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:47:06 am by LordSinistro
#3  September 12, 2013, 02:45:52 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it

#4  September 12, 2013, 03:04:13 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Hey, I've an idea: what about Satomi Yajima from Variable Geo series?? :) just saying...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#5  September 12, 2013, 04:03:47 pm
  • Eat Shit.
    • USA
    • brokkenshoe@live.com
What about the main character from the Actraiser series or Rastan?

DW

#6  September 12, 2013, 08:27:09 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Same here!

I'd have figured this guy would have been forgotten after all this time... :P I'm not a big fan of SS. As I've said, I've only played 1-3. Not very much of 2 and barely any of 3... I can count the amount of times I played 3 on a single hand... :-\ However, when I did play them, Genjuro was one of my fave chars. I always picked him in 2 and 3. He wasn't in 1. The other two chars I liked were Haohmaru and Hanzo. I also liked him in NGBC. I still have Dampir's spriteset of him. Problem is that he's missing anims I would need, because Dampir converted his spriteset from SvC. He's missing running, rolling... Not 100% on everything atm. Though, I know he is missing stuff I'd need. I still keep him in consideration. I'll have to do some research on him and get those extra anims I need. Maybe I can ask Apra for some help with him, since I've heard and seen in several of his posts that he's very passionate about the SS series.

Of course I wouldn't be aiming for accuracy, but, I do want him to play like how he should in general. We'll see... As long as he's not over-bearing about it, I'd be grateful to have his advice on it. He's a possibility.

Hey, I've an idea: what about Satomi Yajima from Variable Geo series?? :) just saying...

Satomi suffers from the same problem as Genjuro. Though, even worst so, as I was looking over her spriteset. Yuka has more alternate attacks, making the transition from 4 button to 6 button more fluid and not repetitive. Yes, I had no choice but to reuse some attack anims, but, even Capcom/SNK did this with some of their chars. It worked out in the end. However, Satomi doesn't have those alt attacks like Yuka has... :-\ This means I'll have to reuse even more attacks. I'll have to see what can be done with her. IDK... I rather not reuse the same attack frames too much. Which is one of the reasons why I abandoned Tia as well.

I've seen Actraiser played, but am not a fan of the game. I don't even know who/what Rastan is... I'm assuming you suggested them, because of their similarity to Firebrand's games? I didn't choose Firebrand just because of his games though, that's just an added bonus/extra inspiration to take from. Firebrand was/is in actual fighting games and has available sprites to boot. I doubt the chars you suggested do. Even if they do, I'm not interested. I appreciate the suggestion though.
Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:33:08 pm by DivineWolf
#7  September 12, 2013, 09:33:10 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I've a question: is it necessary to make your chars into 6 buttons?? I mean, it's not mandatory to make them like that, you can do them into 4 buttons too with your same style ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

DW

#8  September 12, 2013, 09:43:32 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Consistency. I have OCD... Sorta/kinda... If I make a char in a style, or aiming to make a char in a specific way, doing things like that won't cut it. It wouldn't feel right.
#9  September 12, 2013, 11:42:51 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
that cool just keep up wha you are doing
#10  September 13, 2013, 05:42:48 am
  • Eat Shit.
    • USA
    • brokkenshoe@live.com

I've seen Actraiser played, but am not a fan of the game. I don't even know who/what Rastan is... I'm assuming you suggested them, because of their similarity to Firebrand's games? I didn't choose Firebrand just because of his games though, that's just an added bonus/extra inspiration to take from. Firebrand was/is in actual fighting games and has available sprites to boot. I doubt the chars you suggested do. Even if they do, I'm not interested. I appreciate the suggestion though.
[/quote]

I actually said Actraiser because it seemed to have alot of materials you could probably work with. Not because of the similarity with Demon's Crest. You could also try doing Alan from Alcahest. He seems like he would work seeing that he has several different elemental blades and followers that he gets during the how story with different effects for each.

DW

New #11  October 21, 2013, 01:37:22 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I actually said Actraiser because it seemed to have alot of materials you could probably work with. Not because of the similarity with Demon's Crest. You could also try doing Alan from Alcahest. He seems like he would work seeing that he has several different elemental blades and followers that he gets during the how story with different effects for each.

Y'know, I had never heard of this game prior to this. I looked it up and it's a pretty cool game. Still no, but, thanks all the same.

A few more that come to mind...

Morrigan(Redux)

I can't help/stand it... >_< I'm in love with these sprites made by Li Kun. I truly feel that if PotS' were still around, he would have revamped his Morrigan with these sprites. I have the notion to do this myself, like mrwrly(sp?) did with PotS' Ryu and Shin Akuma. Not just updated sprites, but updated system and all as well.

Kyosuke

Not much to say, other than he's always been one of my fave chars from CvS. I'll admit, I haven't played PJ very much and it was SO long ago. That doesn't particularly matter though, because I'd of course be basing him off CvS. Maybe I can seduce jtp into CSing him in the future... :ninja:

Iron Man

No pic cause I'm lazy... :P Iron Man is one of my all time fave heroes/chars period. However, I've been contemplating on just how I should go about making him. I've had some ideas... Though, the most promising one I had, was to make him in Buckus' custom style. Honestly to me, this feels the best way to go about it. As I feel he wouldn't transverse well into my style. Was thinking in the future, I could use ZVitor's spriteset of him CS'd by that one guy. Could talk to Buckus about getting a template from him of his style. While I could just use one of his chars, a template is easier/more productive to work with imo.
Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:00:54 pm by DW
#12  October 21, 2013, 01:41:06 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
All three options are great, personally, I'd LOVE it if you make Iron Man, in your style or Buckus'.
But objectively, I think the char here that would fit better in your style is Kyosuke

#13  October 21, 2013, 11:19:36 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice it is a really good list you have wish you luck on any of them you make