YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Development Thread (Read 74614 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, September 04, 2010, 04:06:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Development Thread
#221  April 18, 2011, 06:01:42 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
EDIT: FF3 on Linux is 3-10 times faster than in Windows.

Is this true to FFU?

Could you explain that to us?

Recently I got a MUCH BETTER pc than I had, and it uses windows 7 while my old one used XP, and now FFU is much slower than before, it's kinda frustrating really, I can't see the animations properly, they're 10 times slower than normal mugen, so I end up making them way too fast when testing them on the air editor.
No, FFU works on Windows 7 but isn't designed to run perfectly on it.
FF3 works on Windows XP and above. On Windows 7 occurs a small performance drop in some operations like loading, code parsing, crop all, save all, export, import, ... but FF3 (except the loading and save, due to the high number of conversions) is faster than FFU, no lag or flickering.

FF3 currently uses: user specified name - group - index . extension (pcx, bmp, png)
Yes, you can transfer sprites, sounds or animations. Already implemented.
In the next week, i will post the first screenshots.
[]s
Thank you! I'm so impatient to use MUGEN 1.1 and FF3.0  ;D
Oh, by the way, I also noticed this: It is possible to use the same .def file for your character and for your introduction or ending cutscene, MUGEN allows it with no complaint nor warning. However FF Classic just can't open a def file that is used for both introduction and char or ending and char definitions.
(you know, some chars like N-Mario's have dual sized scales, which means they can be used at both their original small chibi size and a normal 2x scaled size, which gives 2 def files one for small size and one for 2x scaled normal size.)
Now I have added introduction and ending cutscenes so for example the normal sized def contains the intro and the small sized one contains the ending, both linking each other. MUGEN 1.0 and WinMUGEN supported this trick, however FF classic just can't open the chars, it says:
cannot find the file, "whatever.SFF"
I must comment out this lines to open it:
;[SceneDef]
;[Info]
If you want a sample char, you can download my modded version of N-Mario's Omega Zero at my website (the link is at my signature)
Now I don't know if I would prefer to keep it like that (so only people with sufficient knowledge can open the char with FF)
However I wanted VirtuallTek to know it.
OK, no problem.

[]s
#222  April 21, 2011, 03:54:11 pm
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
OK, no problem.
[]s
Thank you. Well, now I just found out something else: FF Classic (the commemorative version) has a little issue.
Again, I'm posting this because I hope it's either not an issue for FF3.0 or you'll see my post and fix it for FF3.0
The variable documentation generator (the button that generates a list of your variables and which states are involved)
doesn't take into account varsets located at state -1 (CMD file in general). I know it's a little issue but I just wanted you to know.
See ya and God bless you.
EDIT
Oh, I forgot, about editing air files, the air standard was improved for MUGEN 1.1 wasn't it? so now we can have air angle draw or scaling or something like that... anyways, FF3.0 will have support for those won't it? I was planning to use those new features for my intros and endings, however I wonder if FF3.0 will have an editor for introductions / endings, specially considering the trick I'm using (did you try my chars to see such trick?)
#223  April 22, 2011, 02:54:11 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Thank you. Well, now I just found out something else: FF Classic (the commemorative version) has a little issue.
Again, I'm posting this because I hope it's either not an issue for FF3.0 or you'll see my post and fix it for FF3.0
The variable documentation generator (the button that generates a list of your variables and which states are involved)
doesn't take into account varsets located at state -1 (CMD file in general). I know it's a little issue but I just wanted you to know.
See ya and God bless you.
OK

Oh, I forgot, about editing air files, the air standard was improved for MUGEN 1.1 wasn't it? so now we can have air angle draw or scaling or something like that... anyways, FF3.0 will have support for those won't it? I was planning to use those new features for my intros and endings, however I wonder if FF3.0 will have an editor for introductions / endings, specially considering the trick I'm using (did you try my chars to see such trick?)
Yes, but i not will implement it while Mugen 1.1 isn't released, for now. I have other important things to do now.

[]s
#224  April 22, 2011, 03:00:18 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I would say allow the features to be entered via text without FF deleting them. Not so much providing support, but at least letting people add them without FF stopping you (not that it ever does)

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#225  April 22, 2011, 07:09:48 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I would say allow the features to be entered via text without FF deleting them. Not so much providing support, but at least letting people add them without FF stopping you (not that it ever does)
Mugen 1.1 user detected  ;D

If Mugen 1.1 isn't released, only the beta testers will need this. I talked about adding the remaining functions before that.

[]s
#226  April 22, 2011, 11:51:05 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Well, yes. It would be nice if when 1.1 comes out (whenever that is) if we could instantly swap without FF removing a piece of functionality. And of course update when you do, but until that point make full use. I'm sure there will be additional features in the final release of 1.1 that will require some extra work.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#227  April 23, 2011, 01:10:56 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I agree. Probably, this functionality will be implemented before the Mugen 1.1 release, but now, i'm focused on the remaining features.

[]s
#228  May 01, 2011, 02:15:48 pm
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Can't wait for this. FFC and U seem to be glitchy for me.

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#229  May 12, 2011, 04:28:40 am
  • DAT SAX
Hey, VirtuallTek/Ramon/whoever may be monitoring this topic. :P I recently just got access to a computer again and I would like to continue testing out the beta versions of the new Fighter Factory builds. I was a beta tester before and I would just like to get back into the testing again. :)

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#230  May 12, 2011, 10:24:21 am
    • Thailand
Should've just sent a personal message.
#231  May 12, 2011, 05:57:29 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hey, VirtuallTek/Ramon/whoever may be monitoring this topic. :P I recently just got access to a computer again and I would like to continue testing out the beta versions of the new Fighter Factory builds. I was a beta tester before and I would just like to get back into the testing again. :)
Oh, you're alive  :P
I'm currently finishing the Beta 5. I will send it to you too.

I will post some screenshots later.

[]s
#232  May 13, 2011, 12:50:23 am
  • DAT SAX
Rajaa: you know i'm lazy ;P

VT: Thanks man. :)

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#233  May 13, 2011, 01:32:15 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Fighter Factory 3 - Classic interface

Fighter Factory 3 - Ultimate interface

Fighter Factory 3 - Dark style  :smitten:

[]s
#234  May 13, 2011, 01:38:08 am
    • Thailand
I'm gonna continue to beta test the shit out of FF3 while using that oh-my-frickin'-goodness, hot, dark interface for my own enjoyment! Can we has (yes, on purpose) dark classic, too?

:P

#235  May 13, 2011, 01:43:57 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
:smitten:
Gotta love this style indeed. Also, I guess it would be too hard to offer the option to change the colors of the styles, with some sort of palette thing, allowing to choose both colors of the gradient ?

Also, just to avoid PMing : was the SND implementation kinda finished in FF3 beta 4 ? Because I'm kinda having problems with it :
- When I save a WAV file from a SND file and try to insert it into another one, it comes out corrupted. Only solution I found was to "import from another project", selecting only the right group/number.
- Same when I added a WAV file from a folder which all sounds could be added previously with no modification.

I guess it's a problem with adding sounds.
#236  May 13, 2011, 01:51:20 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I'm gonna continue to beta test the shit out of FF3 while using that oh-my-frickin'-goodness, hot, dark interface for my own enjoyment! Can we has (yes, on purpose) dark classic, too?

:P

Yes, you can combine each Interface preset / Iconset / Style / Colorset.  :sugoi:
In the last screen the settings are: Ultimate / Ultimate / Dark / Dark.  ;)

Gotta love this style indeed. Also, I guess it would be too hard to offer the option to change the colors of the styles, with some sort of palette thing, allowing to choose both colors of the gradient ?

Also, just to avoid PMing : was the SND implementation kinda finished in FF3 beta 4 ? Because I'm kinda having problems with it :
- When I save a WAV file from a SND file and try to insert it into another one, it comes out corrupted. Only solution I found was to "import from another project", selecting only the right group/number.
- Same when I added a WAV file from a folder which all sounds could be added previously with no modification.

I guess it's a problem with adding sounds
Yes, you can choose some of the colors within the Colorset.
About SND, yes, it is already fixed. I can't provide a new version unless I finish more things. And as i said to you in the last PM, I will send a more recent version to you (Rajaa have it  :P;)

[]s
#237  May 13, 2011, 05:03:45 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Awesome, what else can I say...

Man... I just thought about some useful features, like...

well, last time when I noticed that FF classic variable documentation generator is not detecting varsets at cmd (statedef -1)
that made me think: since documenting the software is important, automatic char documentation is a nice feature. So:
how about improving it? For example, How about  being able to detect which states are helpers (invoked by a helper stctrl) and be able to recognize helper variables from char variables?

About the onion skin controller, how about adding it the capability to display which spriteno and spritegroup is being selected / shown? and just to suggest this, how about adding the onion skin controller to the animations sections so it's possible to compare an animation frame with a sprite shown with onionskin withouth having to switch back to the sprites section?

I think that's all for suggestions right now, just my two cents.

I don't know if any of this has already been thought/suggested or even implemented (I never used FF ultimate, classic has always been my choice)
#238  May 13, 2011, 05:11:32 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I want a dark theme for Windows now.
#239  May 13, 2011, 05:34:20 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/