YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Development Thread (Read 74742 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, September 04, 2010, 04:06:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Development Thread
#261  May 19, 2011, 08:12:44 am
  • DAT SAX
So is it safe to assume that I won't receive the beta until the next release? :\ I sent you a PM and you haven't responded... oh, also, I'm hearing that you can't change the CNS colors in the latest beta like you could in every other FF. That becomes REALLY annoying. :( Is this going to be added again? ...please?

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#262  May 19, 2011, 09:01:04 am
    • Thailand
So is it safe to assume that I won't receive the beta until the next release? :\ I sent you a PM and you haven't responded...
It's annoying when you keep asking like that. =P

oh, also, I'm hearing that you can't change the CNS colors in the latest beta like you could in every other FF. That becomes REALLY annoying. :( Is this going to be added again? ...please?
I used to be able to do that, but I can't seem to find the option anymore. :(
#263  May 19, 2011, 01:56:23 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
So is it safe to assume that I won't receive the beta until the next release? :\ I sent you a PM and you haven't responded... oh, also, I'm hearing that you can't change the CNS colors in the latest beta like you could in every other FF. That becomes REALLY annoying. :( Is this going to be added again? ...please?
Oh, you're alive  :P
I'm currently finishing the Beta 5. I will send it to you too.
[]s
I assumed that you read this  ;D

oh, also, I'm hearing that you can't change the CNS colors in the latest beta like you could in every other FF. That becomes REALLY annoying. :( Is this going to be added again? ...please?
I used to be able to do that, but I can't seem to find the option anymore. :(
Yes, it is functional only on the Beta 5 within the colorsets.

[]s
#264  May 20, 2011, 02:56:27 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Rando-question: will there be a print function? Or will I have to continue copy pasting into notepad?

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#265  May 20, 2011, 03:02:45 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Printing ? Stop killing the trees, this is a digital era !!! >:(
#266  May 20, 2011, 07:04:03 am
  • DAT SAX
Oh, you're alive  :P
I'm currently finishing the Beta 5. I will send it to you too.
[]s
I assumed that you read this  ;D

AH I'm dumb sorry I totally missed this. My bad. >_<

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#267  May 20, 2011, 09:11:37 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
printing code is only good for memorizing an algorithm for a damn test

in other words, it's no good for the real world
#268  May 20, 2011, 01:24:28 pm
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
printing code is only good for memorizing an algorithm for a damn test

in other words, it's no good for the real world
Unless of course I planned on taking a copy to a friend or something to share ideas with, and then mark it up so I don't have to make any alterations to the code, and can just brainstorm on paper

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#269  May 21, 2011, 12:45:36 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Printing ? Stop killing the trees, this is a digital era !!! >:(

Yeah!  :sugoi:

Unless of course I planned on taking a copy to a friend or something to share ideas with, and then mark it up so I don't have to make any alterations to the code, and can just brainstorm on paper
Bah as if you needed the code within a piece of paper to brainstorm ideas about a char... 
use the forums, make a thread, post the code and discuss!

and it seems my suggestions were too obscure to be taken into account:

Man... I just thought about some useful features, like...

well, last time when I noticed that FF classic variable documentation generator is not detecting varsets at cmd (statedef -1)
that made me think: since documenting the software is important, automatic char documentation is a nice feature. So:
how about improving it? For example, How about  being able to detect which states are helpers (invoked by a helper stctrl) and be able to recognize helper variables from char variables?

About the onion skin controller, how about adding it the capability to display which spriteno and spritegroup is being selected / shown? and just to suggest this, how about adding the onion skin controller to the animations sections so it's possible to compare an animation frame with a sprite shown with onionskin withouth having to switch back to the sprites section?

I think that's all for suggestions right now, just my two cents.

In other words, currently we have an automatic "magic button" that documents the variable usage, so how about having another one for helpers? it will be helpful to know which states are being called as helpers so we can infer variables being set within those states are most likely helper variables. also, which helper ID's are already being used. (you know stateno isn't always the same number as ID)

For Onion skin, MCM was able to show several layers of it, but that just came to my mind right now.
Anyways the suggestion was to add the following info: spritegroup and spriteno for the sprite being displayed as onion skin so we know which sprite is being displayed when we scroll. And the other suggestion was to be able to use onion skin for animations.

EDIT:
Adding a picture of how it would look:
#270  May 21, 2011, 01:40:02 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
and it seems my suggestions were too obscure to be taken into account:

Man... I just thought about some useful features, like...

well, last time when I noticed that FF classic variable documentation generator is not detecting varsets at cmd (statedef -1)
that made me think: since documenting the software is important, automatic char documentation is a nice feature. So:
how about improving it? For example, How about  being able to detect which states are helpers (invoked by a helper stctrl) and be able to recognize helper variables from char variables?

About the onion skin controller, how about adding it the capability to display which spriteno and spritegroup is being selected / shown? and just to suggest this, how about adding the onion skin controller to the animations sections so it's possible to compare an animation frame with a sprite shown with onionskin withouth having to switch back to the sprites section?

I think that's all for suggestions right now, just my two cents.

In other words, currently we have an automatic "magic button" that documents the variable usage, so how about having another one for helpers? it will be helpful to know which states are being called as helpers so we can infer variables being set within those states are most likely helper variables. also, which helper ID's are already being used. (you know stateno isn't always the same number as ID)

For Onion skin, MCM was able to show several layers of it, but that just came to my mind right now.
Anyways the suggestion was to add the following info: spritegroup and spriteno for the sprite being displayed as onion skin so we know which sprite is being displayed when we scroll. And the other suggestion was to be able to use onion skin for animations.
Sorry, the suggestions are currently in the ToDo list. But now, i'm only adding new suggestions that doesn't requires much work.
About the OnionSkin, FF3 displays the group and index of the selected sprite.
You can use OnionSkin on animations, but the Classic and Ultimate interface only have the controls in the SFF editor.

[]s
#271  May 21, 2011, 07:37:30 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Sorry, the suggestions are currently in the ToDo list. But now, i'm only adding new suggestions that doesn't requires much work.
About the OnionSkin, FF3 displays the group and index of the selected sprite.
You can use OnionSkin on animations, but the Classic and Ultimate interface only have the controls in the SFF editor.

[]s
Oh, thank you!  :)
so, that means FF3 shows the sprite info for onion skin...
is it similar to my edited picture?
and the other suggested features will be coded in the future...  OK ;D
Thanks a lot for your work,
#272  May 22, 2011, 05:39:31 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Also for the alignment tool in the SFF, I can't select multiple sprites at once. I just want to select a certain group of sprites, but at the moment I have to select/deselect everything individually rather than being able to use click, hold shift, click again.
#273  May 23, 2011, 02:45:13 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
OK, fixed the selection in all alignment tools.

News

The Beta 5 is around 95% complete. I made many profound changes, fixed a bunch of bugs and added new features.
All most important stuff are done. Now i will work on my To Do list to finish all features of previous versions and add the suggestions.
The new Offset viewer is very nice   :ninja:
I planned some very useful and advanced features to the coders. I will introduce a new and powerful dynamic template system, and a surprise  :twisted:

See ya!
#274  May 23, 2011, 02:46:49 am
    • France
Nice, can't wait to try beta 5. :D
#275  May 23, 2011, 04:11:59 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Ooh, new offset viewer?! Will it allow me to choose the opponent?

And I'm excited. I wonder what those new features are...
#276  May 23, 2011, 04:12:50 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Only to clarify, the new template system and the surprise will be added in the next version, not in the Beta 5. But, the new beta have many bug fixes and improvements, new interface presets, styles, color customization, offset viewer, calculator, and more  :)

Ooh, new offset viewer?! Will it allow me to choose the opponent?
Yes  :sugoi:

[]s
#277  May 23, 2011, 04:22:39 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Just the calculator being back is enough to excite me. I keep going to do calculations in the beta I have and keep forgetting that it's not there. :S
Offset viewer is good too, though.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#278  May 23, 2011, 04:50:25 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
The new calculator

About the surprise, i will talk about it by PM with the Beta testers when i release the Beta 5. I need some opinions to finish the general idea and start coding it.
The template system will be provided when it is ready.

[]s
#279  May 23, 2011, 05:16:24 am
    • France
- Pi could get the π sign instead.
- Missing E, ln and log.

Waiting to see this new idea. :)
#280  May 23, 2011, 07:20:18 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Also, does the offset viewer have a crosshair for the character sprites? That was one thing I didn't like about the old one was I just had to go by eye alone. A crosshair would allow for better adjustments.