seriously what the fuck

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Re: [Stage] Corneria
#6  January 10, 2008, 07:15:06 am
  • I've got ballllls of steeellll.
I guess you aren't him.  I was just confused because this looks like one of his stages (due to a LOT of pixilation and color loss to name a few things).  I should've known this wasn't his because he liked making stages featuring naval vessels which had characters brilliantly levitating over water... kind of like in your stage, but in your stage, the characters are levitating in the air. 

Sorry, I see now I'm mistaken.

MugenFreak30

#7  January 10, 2008, 07:18:01 am
I guess you aren't him.  I was just confused because this looks like one of his stages (due to a LOT of pixilation and color loss to name a few things).  I should've known this wasn't his because he liked making stages featuring naval vessels which had characters brilliantly levitating over water... kind of like in your stage, but in your stage, the characters are levitating in the air. 

Sorry, I see now I'm mistaken.
I guess I need to make a floor for the stage, or something.
#8  January 10, 2008, 08:12:37 am
  • Coming Soon?
use the part of it that has people standing on the ship maybe
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#9  January 10, 2008, 10:19:32 am
    • www-personal.umich.edu/~tdkim/ziltama/
Even for a first stage, this is not good compared to other (awful) first stages.

Go read mugen's documentation, go read a good tutorial, and look at kfm's stage.

Don't use a jpeg as a source image.  The artifact alone is bad enough.

Color loss, color loss, color loss.  Mugen accepts only 256-color images.  If your image is more colorful, then you have to split the original source into smaller pieces, save each piece as a 256-color image, and then assemble the pieces together in the def file (and don't save any of the pieces as jpegs...actually, don't save/use anything that's a jpeg in mugen).

I can't even call this a stage...there's no floor!  Even then, use floor tension (makes jumping smoother, 30-50) and a higher vertical follow for taller stages (.5-.6).

The stage parameters are too wide for the image (see how it tiles awful).  For images like this, even if it looked good, do not use tile.  You need to readjust the boundleft and boundright.

!E

#10  January 10, 2008, 02:51:09 pm
    • Canada
the stage could work if you remove the shadow and call it anti gravity.
#11  January 10, 2008, 02:52:16 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
No, because it would still look like the characters are walking. In real anti gravity, they'd be floating.
#12  January 10, 2008, 10:04:41 pm
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Also never stretch a stage always turns out bad >.<
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you

Jax

#13  January 10, 2008, 10:05:18 pm
  • :l
    • jaxforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm
:gonk:

FUCK YOU BITCH I'M THE NICEST MOTHERFUCKER YOU'LL EVER FIND IN THIS SHITHOLE AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME THEN YOU CAN JUST KILL YOURSELF FOR ALL I CARE.

... FUCK!!
#14  January 11, 2008, 04:45:21 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
:gonk:

You know you spam alot; also i like the stage idea because well i just love supersmash but do custom sprites redo it all make it better if you need help look at KFM or ask for help on the forums.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you

MugenFreak30

#15  January 11, 2008, 09:16:06 pm
#16  January 12, 2008, 02:03:59 am
    • area91.garycxjk.com
"First stage" should never be an excuse to produce this horrible shit. I do somewhat like-ish the second attempt, simply because it's not just a lame "oh-let's-reduce-the-colors-to-256-put-it-in-an-SFF-file-and-call-it-a-stage" kind of an excuse. The second one is actually worth testing out, to see if it can be improved or not.

However, based on the screenshot I would say try harder. The Great Fox can use a lot of work, the background grass looks like a paint-bucket job (and I bet it is). I doubt it uses layers.

EDIT: On second inspection, it indeed does use just one layer.

So, aside from these points, the background just lacks shading. And it needs A LOT OF SHADING.

It being a first stage isn't an excuse to make a crappy one. Elecbyte didn't make these two standard stages for nothing. They were made to be inspected, so you could learn from them. Disect them, experiment with them, try it on your own creations. That's how I learned it. My first stage was also my testing stage (Mushroom Kingdom). Every trick I used in that one I learned by going trough the whole temple stage files.

Also, try reading Elecbyte's documentation.

Because, It's Midnite
Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:07:57 am by GaryCXJk
#17  January 12, 2008, 02:17:11 pm
Still used floortension wrong (try 40-50).

There are multiple layers (2) but they have the same delta.  It would look better if the background had a different delta to simulate better depth.

The source graphics are just awful.  Granted, there's no color loss now, but they don't look good at all.

Learn how to resize the graphics manually.

MugenFreak30

#18  January 28, 2008, 08:26:37 am
After long thoughts of how to reinvent this stage, I came up with version 3.

Download: http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=BD1JJOTK

Fixes:
-5 layers of sprites.
-Animated Great Fox, sprites by WildWing64: http://www.sheezyart.com/view/277072/
-Differing deltas for each layer, hey, back then I didn't know what to throw out there.

If there are stage animators out there, can someone help me with why the sprites act weird during the animation?

Also, don't ask me about the one building with the green and red on it. Reason: I don't know how to answer any questions on that one.--;
#19  January 28, 2008, 01:33:00 pm
  • Sonic stage creator
    • www.freewebs.com/ultimategokuex/index.htm
no that looks better good job
#20  January 29, 2008, 02:25:34 am
zoffset line is too high (value too low).  The fighters stand too close to the top of the floor.  Change zoffset to something like 210.

Again, the source graphics just look bad.