YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1451930 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1081  October 11, 2014, 08:02:32 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Latino Review is reporting that Braniac just may be the villain of this Justice League movie that we'll just assume is going to happen regardless of the success of the other movies. Just so.

Which is interesting, to say the least. I think Braniac is a villain that's too personal to Superman, but I can't deny he basically fulfills the role that would have been wasted on Darkseid of "Space Conqueror with lots of soldiers/minions to fight". Could be better, could be worse, so as usual with most news about these movies, my reaction is "Meh."
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1082  October 11, 2014, 08:04:44 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Well atleast it's adressing the problem of seemingly nobody giving a shit about the fact that Supes caused roughly 20 + 9/11 of damage in the last movie.
I don't know if straight up ignoring it would be better, but I'm so sick of sad Superman who is feared and hated because it's missing the entire goddamn point of the character.

Brainiac is rumored to be the villain of the Justice League movie.

Also from that link, a rumor about the Suicide Squad movie's line-up, which is supposed to include:

• Deadshot and Captain Boomerang (it just isn't the Suicide Squad without them!)
  • Mindboggler (she is the first Suicide Squad casualty in the actual Suicide Squad run whose death is used to ratchet up the tension and threat level, I have to assume she'll serve the same role in movie)
  • Multiplex (this is interesting, he wasn't really a mainstay of the team until the second Ostrander run, and a fine fit even if he's doesn't jump immediately to mind when I think "Suicide Squad")
  • Blockbuster (another possibility for the "shocking first death" role, since he was used for that when the team first appeared, in the crossover Legends)
  • Jewelee (this is definitely the craziest choice because are they seriously gonna include one half of a muderous pair of wacky supervillains named after Punch and Judy????)
  • Vixen (almost certainly as the token superhero/non supervillain).
All in all, a fairly interesting roster, but the lack of Bronze Tiger makes me sad, and I feel like Nightshade would be more interesting than Jewelee, but I guess they only want one straight-up heroic person on the team maybe? I also am surprised that Harley Quinn isn't on the team, but maybe the Warner brass was afraid just dumping her into the mix without establishing the Joker was too much? I dunno, I thought she was a pretty good fit for the team, at least in Assault on Arkham and not stupid shitty New 52 Suicide Squad.

EDIT: maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I spent too much time typing up shit no one's gonna read about Suicide Squad and got scooped!!!
Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:17:25 am by Jmorphman
#1083  October 11, 2014, 08:07:43 am
    • USA
Which is interesting, to say the least. I think Braniac is a villain that's too personal to Superman, but I can't deny he basically fulfills the role that would have been wasted on Darkseid of "Space Conqueror with lots of soldiers/minions to fight". Could be better, could be worse, so as usual with most news about these movies, my reaction is "Meh."
Yeah, definitely. I'm not opposed to the idea in general (DCAU Brainiac made a very credible threat for the Justice League, but that was after an numerous solo Superman stories), and I can't imagine they'll spend much time on the Superman/Brainiac conflict, what with having to introduce the rest of the JL. But yeesh, leagues better than generic, shitty, boring  Darkseid!

Bea

#1084  October 15, 2014, 06:37:18 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1085  October 15, 2014, 08:22:14 pm
    • Poland
Recently I saw Man of Steel on TV and as much I loved the battles (soooo DBZ :D) everything else was dull and just plain bad. Plot was confusing and I shallow. They tried too hard to make this film deep and meaningfull and it turned out to be pathethic and confusing. I felt like they cut some parts out of the stoiry and that's why it was bad. This movie should be twice as long so maybe it could be better and story progressing more naturally. I disliked how they tried turn Clark in some cheap copy of Jesus Christ. All these religious references really felt weird in Superman movie.

Some characters were just plain useless. They barely showed Metropolis, Laurence Fishbourne didn't have anything to do except standing there static. I hoped for Kevin Costner to show some acting and all he did were few pathethic scenes and his death was just laughable. Henry Cavill is good actor and he proved that in The Tudors but wow here he was emotionless. The only moment I see him in his old shape, showing some emotions was scene where he killed Zod. And as much as I adore Amy Adams her Los Lane was very generic character. And that kiss scene came out of nowhere. No chemistry at all. Not to mention she is getting too old for this role. I mean in Man of Steel I already saw wrinkles on her face. She will be 44 by the time that JL movie will be out and it will be getting only worse with each movie. For Film series like these they should hire younger actors so they won't look like grandparents by the time series ends. Just see what happened with Roger Moore when he played James Bond in his last Bond movies.....

The only good parts were the fights and Russel Crowe as Jor-El. He was so badass, cool and believeable.

As for destruction thing Snyder went more far than Michael Bay and that saying alot. I guess masses love seeing chaos & destruction. Even my inner child was jumped with joy despite the fact it didn't fit to Superman at all.  This fad of making mindless blockbusters won;t go away soon and that makes me sad, that's why I only watch these movie on TV. It's good there is still independent scene full of good movies.

Defintely weakest Superman movie of all. Even Superman Returns was better.

5/10
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:27:16 pm by Jarek Bachanek
#1086  October 15, 2014, 08:28:49 pm
    • USA
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141015006276/en/Warner-Bros.-Details-Strategic-Content-Plans-Time#.VD6dTdR4oWg

Terrible, TERRIBLE news.
Gal Gadot "Wonder Woman" film set to be released in 2017.

Edit:
Even worse news: “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

I'm sure there's no way this many comic book movies of questionable quality will cause, I don't know, some kind of crash or something. At least a Wonder Woman movie is coming out before fucking Aquaman the goddamn movie

also Ezra Miller was cast as the Flash (he's really young but supposed to be a good actor) and Jason Mamoa was confirmed to be Aquaman.
#1087  October 16, 2014, 12:41:28 am
    • USA
This is the toughest looking picture of Ezra Miller I could find:

The best thing I can say about him is that he's good at playing little shits I hate? (He was in Californication as "teenage boyfriend" and We Need to Talk About Kevin as "Evil mass murdering teenager who did it for the lulz")
This time
This time
#1088  October 16, 2014, 12:54:14 am
    • USA
#1089  October 16, 2014, 05:42:35 am
    • USA
#1090  October 16, 2014, 07:01:07 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Oh my god, "gritty" is literally the second word they use to describe the movie, and that's only because the first word is "A."  Everything is fucking "gritty" these days.

:wall:
#1091  October 16, 2014, 11:08:26 pm
    • USA
Well... I dunno, Suicide Squad is one of the very few comic book properties for whom "gritty" is an appropriate tone. It is, after all, a series about a team of usually-murderous supervillains forcibly recruited under pain of death to perform life-threatening, oft-hopeless missions by a cold, corrupt, and uncaring government, and whose members have a pretty high mortality rate!
#1092  October 16, 2014, 11:13:29 pm
    • USA
Yeah, the last thing you'd want to hear about is a Paul Feig directed Suicide Squad. I'm more worried that they're casting Will Smith because I can't think of who he'd play. Commander Flagg?
This time
This time

Bea

#1093  October 17, 2014, 02:02:00 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I am worried about who they will cast as Amanda "The Wall" Waller.
Hopefully not another eye candy twig. Amanda needs to be on the heavy side and intimidating.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#1094  October 17, 2014, 02:04:44 am
    • USA
Yeah, the last thing you'd want to hear about is a Paul Feig directed Suicide Squad.
... now I kinda want to see that. Like if it was all banter before and after a mission or something, that could maybe work!
#1095  October 18, 2014, 12:55:52 am
  • Haters are toys
Hopefully not another eye candy twig. Amanda needs to be on the heavy side and intimidating.

Cast her voice actress,-

Spoiler: Carol Christine Hilaria Pounder (click to see content)

"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1096  October 18, 2014, 02:51:22 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So the latest rumors are saying that Robin is also going to be in Batman Vee Superman:  The Quest for that Avengers Money, because of reasons.  Except it's not the usual Robin, it's Carrie Kelley and she'll be played by Jena Malone, because of further reasons.

I don't even know any more.
#1097  October 18, 2014, 03:01:56 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I don't even know what to post.
Just....da fuq?
I-I-I-I don't even....*sigh*

#1098  October 18, 2014, 03:03:02 am
    • USA
I'm not opposed to the idea, save that it's clear they're not even trying to make this anything other than TDKR, which is about the fucking end of Batman you stupid brain dead hacks not the start of a franchise goddamn it even Frank Miller couldn't make TDKR into a franchise without devolving into abject insanity which is really saying something considering Frank Miller holy shit

...Ahem. I'm not opposed to the idea, save that I'm opposed to the idea.
This time
This time

Bea

#1099  October 18, 2014, 11:03:39 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org

Cast her voice actress,-

Spoiler: Carol Christine Hilaria Pounder (click to see content)

Now, see, this would be a great casting.
Which is why I find it very unlikely to happen. We got Gal Gadot for Wonder Woman after all... :|

#1100  October 19, 2014, 01:40:17 am
  • Haters are toys
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17