YesNoOk

I'm 6 years late to the party i guess. (Read 6617 times)

Started by lui, January 13, 2015, 03:17:07 am
Share this topic:

lui

I'm 6 years late to the party i guess.
#1  January 13, 2015, 03:17:07 am
    • USA
Yo! So I guess I haven't introduced myself yet for the last 6 years I've been active on MUGEN. whoops. Anyways, I only registered recently bc I'm kinda tired of just lurking about and downloading characters all willy-nilly and not help give feedback in any shape or form! so um. here i am. huehue.
Anyways! My name is Luis (obviously) and MUGEN is the reason i got back into fighting games. I do art and I'm starting to grasp the idea of CPS3 spriting.
 I used to be a fanatic of old-school 90's fighters with their unique art-styles and deep gameplay.  But I guess with the shift to 3D and the fact that I couldn't really afford new consoles , I resorted to MUGEN way back in what, 2008 i think? I thought it might help me scratch that itch for a new,polished fighting game that feels complete. Boy was I wrong. At the time, I was hyped to see IMT work on a new MVC fan-game and eagerly awaited it. when it finally released, i was SO disappointed (I shouldn't have to tell you why.) then i realized that almost every other release at the time was either a crappy comic character, a Evil-god-hyper-ryu-clone type of character or some weird edits or something. I'm a type of person who hates random-compilations full of 100's of characters that are broken as hell, so it turned me off for about 3 years and I quit fighting games and went straight to other genres.
Then I played Street Fighter IV. After being beaten OVER AND OVER BY THAT DAMN VANILLA SAGAT, i actually didn't wanna quit playing SFIV. Being beat like that reminded me of my time in Arcades, raging over freakin GILL AND HIS DAMN RESSURRECTION (Goddamn you and your holy undies Gill) back in Street Fighter 3. Whenever i raged at that, it actually wanted to make me get out all my quarters and spend like an hour trying to beat him with Hugo. It felt great having the urge to practice more in SFIV and get better at it. SFIV got me back into the fighting genre, but it didnt get me back to playing more fighting games.
Then MUGEN 1.0 came out. With that, more ACTUALLY decent creations started coming out from the community that felt solid and great (I got hyped whenever Sean Atly released ANYTHING.) But then, Infinite started up his SvK project and he started spewing out epic characters with a unique, solid MVC-type of system, that I practically made a roster that is JUST his characters. It felt like a balanced, fun, over-the-top full game. Then Capcom Universe started. It. Was. Hype. Then i tried out Capcom Vs The World. Hype. MFG Street Fighter coming soon? Hype. Vs Style Debuts? Hype. The "Pots Style" craze that has been going on lately? Hype. Rajaa making accurate SF3 characters? Hype. The CVS3 Screenpack? Hy- you get the damn idea. Basically, MUGEN evolved from being crappy comic book edits and weird God-like cheap characters to solid creations that will only continue to evolve. So, I got back into fighting games, branched out into lesser-known fighting games and boy, am I glad I did.

MUGEN jump-started my fighting game spirit again. so. yeah. theres that. NOW the only wish i have left is that the fricking silly forum drama stops sometime. I hate seeing "oh f*ck MFG, theyre d*cks" in Mugen Multiverse or some other forums bashing eachother. Can't we all just get along? No? Damn -3-
Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:42:57 am by luisdude1
Re: I'm 6 years late to the party i guess.
#2  January 13, 2015, 03:23:54 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Welcome to the forum man!

I'm happy to see you liked our VS Style Debuts project!

And thanks for feedbacks on our section! You will NOT dissapointed buddy :)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

lui

#3  January 13, 2015, 03:29:51 am
    • USA
I've been here for a long time actually. Like I said, I was just a lurker until very recently. I still remember when Vol- i mean "he who shall not be named" started a whole issue with ip addresses here, I remember the MFG VS IMT and IMT VS ScruffyDragon thing and such. I see great potential in the Vs Style DEBUTS project Kleyson, it's nice to know you have a passion for oldschool CPS2 :) and Sonic (and Sonic, I used to be ADDICTED TO SONIC ADVENTURE DX. That was my very first Gamecube game.)
#4  January 13, 2015, 03:35:42 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Hahaha that enthusiasm is really infectious.  Hope you have a good time here, I think you will.

lui

#5  January 13, 2015, 03:40:06 am
    • USA
Hahaha that enthusiasm is really infectious.  Hope you have a good time here, I think you will.

Titiln's sarcasm always makes my day.
Also,thank Youtuber Maximillain Dood for my enthusiasm. Hes a man with golden long hair, a nice manly beard and he screams "waifu" while playing Guilty Gear for a living. Yes.
Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:43:25 am by luisdude1
#6  January 13, 2015, 03:42:52 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
I've been here for a long time actually. Like I said, I was just a lurker until very recently. I still remember when Vol- i mean "he who shall not be named" started a whole issue with ip addresses here, I remember the MFG VS IMT and IMT VS ScruffyDragon thing and such. I see great potential in the Vs Style DEBUTS project Kleyson, it's nice to know you have a passion for oldschool CPS2 :) and Sonic (and Sonic, I used to be ADDICTED TO SONIC ADVENTURE DX. That was my very first Gamecube game.)

Sonic was my first game I played on life. He deserves this treatment, and BETTER :D

- Donations is welcome

lui

#7  January 13, 2015, 03:45:34 am
    • USA
Sonic was my first game I played on life. He deserves this treatment, and BETTER :D

Kleyson, have you played Sonic Generations? Have you played it on the PC? Play it on the PC. Fans make so many great mods on there It feels like a love letter to the good old days of Sonic Heroes, Sonic CD, Sonic 3, etc. and hell, even Sonic R.
#8  January 13, 2015, 03:53:52 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro

Kleyson, have you played Sonic Generations? Have you played it on the PC? Play it on the PC. Fans make so many great mods on there It feels like a love letter to the good old days of Sonic Heroes, Sonic CD, Sonic 3, etc. and hell, even Sonic R.

Sadly I never played for real Sonic Generations :( , But I see some videos and, I agree, some mods are epic good :D

My last stage release [Emerald Dimension] has a Radiant Emerald[Sonic R] reference/Hidden form after some seconds of playing XD
- Donations is welcome

lui

#9  January 13, 2015, 04:03:25 am
    • USA

Sadly I never played for real Sonic Generations :( , But I see some videos and, I agree, some mods are epic good :D

My last stage release [Emerald Dimension] has a Radiant Emerald[Sonic R] reference/Hidden form after some seconds of playing XD
Ahh, you missed out buddy! It's practically the only Sonic game i liked since Sonic Adventure 2. Sonic Boom is shit.
Also, I like how you even make new CPS2 style stages! You're sure learning quickly. Are you SURE Vs Style Debuts ain't a full game in it's own right xD
Can't wait to see any other future release you and the team have! You guys are practically the only ones making decent MVC conversions still. (Besides Loganir. Loganir is god.)

#10  January 13, 2015, 04:14:20 am
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Welcome to your home the forum :) (even if you have more time than me lol)
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays

lui

#11  January 13, 2015, 04:17:20 am
    • USA
Thanks man! I may have had more time, but i haven't done JACK SHIT here. But thats all changing today..*cue ultra patriotic Eagle screaming by*
Also, big fan of your Street Fighter characters! Good luck on the project!
#12  January 13, 2015, 04:24:55 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro

Ahh, you missed out buddy! It's practically the only Sonic game i liked since Sonic Adventure 2. Sonic Boom is shit.
Also, I like how you even make new CPS2 style stages! You're sure learning quickly. Are you SURE Vs Style Debuts ain't a full game in it's own right xD
Can't wait to see any other future release you and the team have! You guys are practically the only ones making decent MVC conversions still. (Besides Loganir. Loganir is god.)

HAHA, no, VS Style Debuts are a project who created for community entertainment XD

I have plans to make a fullgame, but will be a X-Men one, called: "X-MEN: Saviors Of The Atom". Will be on Capcom world[Earth-TRN177], you will see various capcom cameos and at least 3 stages from Metro City[Justice Gakuen, "Street Fighter"[where the intro of SF2 happens] and Metro City Hallaway]and will fusionate the plots of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" recent movie and X-MEN: Mutant Apocalypse from SNES.
Spoiler: X-MEN: SAVIORS OF ATOM PLOT (click to see content)
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:33:00 am by ShinZankuro

lui

#13  January 13, 2015, 04:27:33 am
    • USA
woah, talk about spoiler alert man :O HAHA
I think you should formally announce it or spoiler the post instead of cluttering up the topic (it's already gotten off subject LOL)
But anyways, sounds great!
#14  January 13, 2015, 04:28:59 am
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Thanks man! I may have had more time, but i haven't done JACK SHIT here. But thats all changing today..*cue ultra patriotic Eagle screaming by*
Also, big fan of your Street Fighter characters! Good luck on the project!
Yeah me too, when I started in mugen, I don't registered in this forum in the moment, time after I registered in the forum, first I was like espectador too.
Thanks man, I'm glad to know it :), and soon more news from Blanka and another char.
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#15  January 13, 2015, 04:31:45 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
woah, talk about spoiler alert man :O HAHA
I think you should formally announce it or spoiler the post instead of cluttering up the topic (it's already gotten off subject LOL)
But anyways, sounds great!

Hehe, this ain't be a Spoiler, I haven't revealed 10% of my plans :P

Like for example: Who Capcom char I will put a guest, like then did for Gouki on XMEN COTA, or the endings :P
- Donations is welcome
#16  January 13, 2015, 01:19:06 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Welcome to the hype :)

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.

lui

#17  January 13, 2015, 11:21:37 pm
    • USA
Thanks for the welcome. Any place that has Handsome Freddy in sprite-form here is hype. (I'm looking at you bamsold, I WASN'T READY FOR FREDDY ;A;)
#18  January 14, 2015, 03:46:51 am

Oh Scruffydragon.

I can't even count how many times I got banned from there. I miss making Magus explode. It was a hobby.

lui

#19  January 14, 2015, 12:01:29 pm
    • USA
Oh Scruffydragon.

I can't even count how many times I got banned from there. I miss making Magus explode. It was a hobby.

I remember when it was ALIVE. Now the place that replaced it for comic characters is MMV. oh boy...
#20  January 15, 2015, 11:50:52 am
A bit late, but welcome and have fun. :)
#21  January 17, 2015, 07:50:23 am
Oh Scruffydragon.

I remember when it was ALIVE. Now the place that replaced it for comic characters is MMV. oh boy...

Naaaahhhh, IMT is still a thing. I'd ignore comic characters that don't have Acey's, O Ilusionista's, Loganir's, or some Guild regular's hand in them for the most part. Infinite also did a few crazy good ones.

lui

#22  January 17, 2015, 10:48:40 am
    • USA
I don't count Infinite's characters as MvC. I think of them as an entirely new genre. SvK is way more technical and way better than the standard MvC affair and is better suited for its own fullgame rather than a compilation for me.
#23  January 17, 2015, 07:42:36 pm
Infinite's last batch of characters had nothing to do with the SvK style. He did a number of characters including Cable, Deadpool, and Dr. Doom (since we're talking comics) in his own variation of a POTS-esque style.

lui

#24  January 17, 2015, 08:40:24 pm
    • USA
Infinite's last batch of characters had nothing to do with the SvK style. He did a number of characters including Cable, Deadpool, and Dr. Doom (since we're talking comics) in his own variation of a POTS-esque style.

I was reffering to the time where he released SvK edits (which I NEED MOAR OF NOW) before POTS style was popular, such as Broly, Strider, etc.