YesNoOk

Z2 Compatibility Thread (Read 323195 times)

Started by Balthazar, June 19, 2011, 07:32:16 pm
Share this topic:
Z2 Compatibility Thread
#1  June 19, 2011, 07:32:16 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Hello everyone, so since Goku is getting a pretty bunch of unique states/animations, I thought I'd put them all in one thread.
If you so desire, you may post the sprites you've made for your own character to be compatible to Goku.
If you decide to post your made gifs, and update some time, I think it's nice if you just modify your post, rather then making a new post, so all your sprites are together ;) .

#SPRITES

Twist Knockout

This is actually pretty standard stuff, since it's standard in the later KOF and in CVS games. Just make sure it's loop-able. Usually it's just 4 sprites.
You could also go the SFA way and use just 1, and flip that vertically for the next frame, and repeat. It's a bit choppy but it actually works, if you add the twist fx (the only in my Goku gif, for instance). Twist Knockout occurs after Goku does Snap Kick, Blur Kick, etc.

Flip Knockout

Flip Knockout occurs when Goku does the EX Snap Kick. I'd say you only need 2 sprites: first do 1 and then rotate it 45 degrees (in Photoshop) and then sprite that over again. For the remainder of the rotation you can simply keep using those 2 sprites and rotate them 90 degrees. Otherwise just make 1, and rotate it 90 degrees. It goes so fast that I don't think you have to make each sprite light source accurate, but that is entirely up to the creator.

Shocked

Actually Goku hasn't got any attack that shocks the opponent. Future chars of ours might. But hey i think shocking is pretty common, especially for SF/MvC, so it gets in.

Dash Collision

This one you know already. It's used when you run into each other. Use one of these sprites to get the correct height for the hands.

Back Broken

You haven't seen this yet, but this will be the 3rd Kaiyoken Finisher. The gif is just a small preview. You can probably get away with using existing gethit sprites, but ofcourse it's more awesome if they're unique. 2 sprites will do it, a base sprite and another one for a little twitching action.
I made the sprite in 2 parts, so the far leg and arm go behind Goku.

Cursed

This is completely up to the creator to fill in, but in general the cursed state requires animations for: idle, walk, crouch, jump, get hit.

My toes, my toes!

A Turtles in Time reference, there are some moves that cause the enemy a great deal of toes-hurting!

#CODE SNIPPETS
Cybaster has made his own Compatibility section in the Readme of Goku, you'll find everything you need in there.
Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 06:28:05 pm by Just No Point
Re: Cybalthazar's Compatibility Thread!
#2  June 19, 2011, 07:42:23 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
OMG, this thread give me ideas for new edits for my Eric ;D I'm so happy now!!

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  June 19, 2011, 07:46:54 pm
  • Best supporting character in history of anime.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/aznperson569M
Cant wait for the collision beam thingie.  :D

Or the code snippets.

uguu
#4  June 19, 2011, 08:56:03 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Man!, what a awesome idea this is and it just keep getting better. Looking forward to seeing what someone cooks up.
#5  June 19, 2011, 09:23:21 pm
    • USA
Dude, this is just awesome.
#6  June 20, 2011, 12:11:26 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Now I want to make Cell just for the Chou Kamehameha fatality.
#7  June 20, 2011, 01:16:15 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Hey, this was done without my permission !!! >:( :P

Well, I don't have time to post code snippets for now, but I'll let Balthazar browse in Goku's readme, where I've started writting some tutorials for this type of stuff. He'll be able to post the stuff here himself I'm sure. :P

- Some states are really easy to copy and add to your characters (flip knockout, broken back), as they're just simple animations to add.
- Dash Collision and Chou Kmh fatality are just about copy-pasting some states. Note that the code may still need some tweaking.
-Some others need some good code knowledge to be done, yhings like Beam Collision. I really don't think it's possible to post some "code snippet". I'll give directions on what I did and how my code works, and where to search in the code to copy some stuff, but it really is a thing that has to be coded on a 1-to-1 basis to make sure everything is synchronised correctly.

If you want to add compatibility with Goku Z2, here are the states for which you need to tell me, since I'll need to add triggers to Goku to ensure comptibility by name triggering :
- Dash Collision.
- Beam Collision.
(Balthazar, please add this in the first post).

PS : Balthazar, send me the FX you put on twist knockout, I don't have it. :P (yeah, SFZ3 FX I guess, I'm too lazy to search).
#8  June 20, 2011, 02:08:47 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
This is some seriously beautiful work in terms of spriting and coding. I love what you guys are doing with this. Pushing the limits and trying something fresh are always pretty fun. The Dash collision and fatality look like they're going to be my favorite of the bunch. :)
#9  June 20, 2011, 05:43:31 am
#10  June 20, 2011, 06:10:10 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Any specific animation numbers that should be known about for these things? Might be a version or so back, as I don't see anything mentioning any of these things within the readme file over here. Looking for Dash Collision related snippets in particular, although the Kamehameha part is likely also needed.
#11  June 20, 2011, 06:33:15 am
    • France
Indeed, only the current WIP readme has the tutorial section with specific animation numbers. Bleh, fine, I'll post the current tutorial snippets now. ::)

Flip Knockout

This animation is used when Goku hits his opponent with EX Snap Kick. The opponent flies through the screen while flipping. This animation is not a standard in fighting games, and Mugen creators usually put the opponent in a custom state and use AngleAdd to make the opponent spin/rotate.
To make your character compatible with Goku Z2, you have to add at least 3 sprites of your character spinning around the Z axis, with alignment based on the feet, as shown in the following capture:

Once the sprites are in the SFF, create Animation 5937 in the AIR file, which is the standard used for Goku Z2, and you're done. Just adding this animation will ensure that your character will use it when Goku hits him with EX Snap Kick.

On the other hand, you may also want Goku or any of your characters with Anim 5937 to use the Flip Knockout animation whenever possible. When sending the opponent in a custom state to make him rotate with AngleAdd, you may just want to check if the opponent has the Flip Knockout animation with SelfAnimExist(5937), and use it instead.

Chou Kamehameha Fatality

This animation is used when Goku kills his opponent with Chou Kamehameha. The opponent is freezed in a GetHit sprite, fades to black, and finally vanishes, reduced to ashes.
To make your character compatible with Goku Z2, you need to select a GetHit sprite that will be used to create the fade animation. Turn this sprite to black, and simplify it more and more to make the character fade out through the animation. Once this is done, place the sprites in the SFF at the same axis as the base sprite, as shown on the following capture:

Once the sprites are in the SFF, create two animations : Animation 5941 and Animation 5942. Animation 5942 is optional but will make the custom state look better.
- Animation 5941 consists in the base colored sprite displayed for 30 ticks, then the black fading sprites (11 sprites in the case of Goku Z2), and finally an invisible sprite displayed indefinitely.
- Animation 5942 consists in the base color sprite displayed 15 times, each frame for 2 ticks, using the ASD method within the AIR file to make it fade to black. Basically, this animation will be displayed as an explod over animation 5941, because PalFX won't trigger correctly during the pause occuring when the character dies.
It is best to go check Goku's AIR file directly to set up these 2 animations efficiently, especially regarding the ASD method. Just adding these animations will ensure that your character will use it when Goku kills him with Chou Kamehameha.

Since I'm in a good mood, I'll post these too here :
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

On the other hand, you may also want your characters with beams to be able to put Goku in this Fatality state. To do this, add this code just after the HitDef of the beam attack state:

[State 3025, p2state - killed]
type = targetstate
trigger1 = movehit && numtarget
trigger1 = target, AnimExist(5941)
trigger1 = MatchOver && WinKO
value = 5941
ignorehitpause = 1
Then, search in Goku's files for states 5941 and 5942 (in states/system.cns), and copy them in your character's files wherever you want. You will probably want to modify the code a little bit to blend with your beam better.

Dash Collision

This state is triggered when two compatible characters run into each other. They will then grab each other and struggle until one of them wins. To make your character compatible with Goku (and some other characters), you will need to modify/code several things:
1- A Run (or at least a Dash) state as state 100.
2- A struggling animation, which consists in a single sprite for Goku.
3- The code for Dash Collision, with the struggling state. You need to have Var(30) free for this move.
4- A few effects. You can use those from Goku and include them in your character, or come up with yours.

1- Concerning the run state, you will just need to add a ChangeState in it to go to the Dash Collision state if you're fighting compatible characters. As such, if you want your character to be compatible with Goku Z2 for the whole community, please inform me so I can add the necessary triggers in the code. Basically, just override the Run code and add this piece of code in it:

; DASH COLLISION ACTIVATION
[State -2, Dash Coll]
type = Changestate
triggerall = enemy,stateno=100 || enemy,stateno=950
triggerall = p2bodydist X = [-30,30]
trigger1 = enemy,name = "Goku Z2"
trigger2 = enemy,name = "awoken Ichigo"
trigger3 = enemy,name = "Anderson" && enemy,authorname="DopeFiend"
value = 950
2- Concerning the struggling sprites, you can do what you wish, just make the sure the hands stay at the same place and are located at a height of about 52 to 68 pixels. Please check Goku's struggling sprite (950,0 in the SFF) for reference. Then, place the sprite in the SFF (as shown in the following image) and create Animation 950:

3- Now you need to add the code releative to the Dash Collision state itself. Search for it in Goku's files : state 950 in states/system.cns.
Basically, the code displays various FX during the whole struggling (smoke, collision FX, white foreground, scaling, notification). Then, a set of PosAdd and width ensures both fighters get placed correctly. Several sounds and envshake occur. Then, the core of the code is there, in a nutshell: var(30) (which HAS to be free for your character) is set to 0, goes up as players smash buttons. After 80 ticks have passed, the character goes to a state depending on if his var(30) is higher than the opponent's or not:
- If he wins, he goes to state 951. You will have to create this one yourself to define what your character does when he wins. You don't have to use state 951 if you don't want to.
- If he loses, he goes to stance state with no control, waiting for the opponent to hit or throw him.
- If there's a draw, he goes in backdash state.

4- Finally, it is also important you add the effects sprites in your character, since only teamside=1 will trigger them. The animation used in Goku are animations 955, 956, 957 and 958. There's also a notification helper in state 13200 (search in states/helpers.cns if you want to use it). Feel free to use all the FX from Goku for Dash Collision, or come up with yours if they don't blend well.
#12  June 20, 2011, 05:33:24 pm
  • SNK is life
Chou Kamehameha Fatality - You could do it the other way around... Instead of drawing sprites for each character to fade, you could apply a PalFX to darken the opponent into black, then put a layer on top that's White Opaque, leaving transparent the "black lines" that represent the fading.

It would require, of course, to make the white part very large to cover big charas, but it should work on most regular sized charas.
#13  June 20, 2011, 08:21:43 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Alright Cool! I'll apply this to the characters I'm working on.
#14  June 20, 2011, 11:43:13 pm
    • France
Chou Kamehameha Fatality - You could do it the other way around... Instead of drawing sprites for each character to fade, you could apply a PalFX to darken the opponent into black, then put a layer on top that's White Opaque, leaving transparent the "black lines" that represent the fading.

It would require, of course, to make the white part very large to cover big charas, but it should work on most regular sized charas.
That's actually a nice idea, even though it leaves much less control regarding the looks of things. Could perhaps be done for those who don't have the custom animation. :)

Also, I've been changing the code back and forth, but I should be able to remove anim 5942 from the character and replace it by a palFX. This would free one animation and make the copy-pasting easier for others. ;P Not that it changes things much anyway...
#15  June 20, 2011, 11:57:43 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Nice, now you got me doing more work for Mel  :'( lol awesome. wish more people thought like you guys.
#16  June 21, 2011, 12:16:18 am
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
just let me know when I gotta update the sound patch lol you know im waiting for ya Bal lol and i already started making a english sound patch for vegeta even he is not done yet  --; but its good to be early right lol
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#17  June 21, 2011, 12:32:23 am
    • France
@ jweezy : I'll send you the update a few weeks prior to release, for you to have time to find the new English sounds. He has a few new voices here and there, but it's the rest of the SFX I guess you'll be concerned with. ;)
#18  June 21, 2011, 01:51:27 am
    • USA
For the Dash Colission, how is this going to work with high res or HD characters?
#19  June 21, 2011, 01:58:22 am
    • USA
It's the same deal as with low res ones, you just need to do some math to know the vertical range where the hands goes.
#20  June 21, 2011, 02:33:10 am
    • France
Yep, it doesn't use the opponent's height at all or its resolution to calculate stuff.
Just make the hands of Mel being at a height between 52*2=104 and 68*2=136 pixels for the lowest and highest pixels on his hands.
#21  June 21, 2011, 04:29:59 am
@Cy: yeah thats cool with me man i'll gladly make COMPLETE english snd patch for goku whenever your ready bro i jus have to find some more sounds for goku and i promise i wont you guys down  ;D thanks for putting that trust in me btw lol
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#22  June 21, 2011, 07:30:25 am
    • USA
I was actually going to make CvS Compatible Sprites for this, which are for POTS characters such as Ryu, Guy, Sakura, ETC. But would anyone be willing to patch them with "Cybalthazars" Goku?
#23  June 21, 2011, 07:48:53 am
    • France
If you're willing to make the sprites, I can probably patch them. :) I'd patch Jmorphman's latest Ryu patch, obviously.
I'd only work on the simple stuff though, meaning flip knockout, broken back, chou Kmh fatality, and MAYBE Dash Collision. I won't make a patch to have Beam Collision between Evil Ryu and Goku. :P
#24  June 21, 2011, 07:14:24 pm
ALSO forgot to tell you this CY i found some really neat tag in sounds for goku and vegeta you know like Marvel vs Capcom tagging lol when goku tags out he is gonna say "you can take it from here" or "Vegeta!" and when he tags out he can call vegetas name just like in mvc3 and as for vegeta when he tags out he will call "take over" or "kakarot!"  instead of goku and for an assist he will either say "how bout some help" or "get out here now" and for DUAL HYPER if goku is calling it then he will scream "TOGETHER!" just like broly second coming and vegeta idk bout him yet still thinking about his lol

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT BALTHAZAR AND CYBASTER  ;D

btw im using the mvc tag system by aerogp n sludge its a good little system that make mugen a lot more fun but still very buggy  :-\
#25  June 23, 2011, 10:38:35 am
    • Netherlands
Even though you have nice tag sounds, doesn't mean he will have a tag feature XD
Well if it works good it might be worth looking into in the future. Only Vegeta is far from done, so he doesn't have a partner yet XD
Btw Cy thanks for making me browse the Readme file again, I didn't even know he won 2 more COTM awards on other forums :D!
#26  June 23, 2011, 12:01:59 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Should there be a candy State number? Like when majin boo hit somebody with the ray they turned into candy... Shouldn't this be applied as well considering your working on DBZ characters?
#27  June 23, 2011, 12:30:58 pm
    • Netherlands
It's not a bad idea, i dunno how it works with the Majin Buu's out there...
#28  June 23, 2011, 05:23:51 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The current majin boos use Pots rare akuma code for candy change, where the candy comes in the boo character already.
#29  June 23, 2011, 07:25:32 pm
hmm good point just a suggestion lol but still working on that sound patch for ya  ;D
#30  June 25, 2011, 10:10:30 am
    • Netherlands
Nice thanks ;) Actually I've just discovered the Compatibility section in the awesome Readme of Goku that Cy made, I couldn't find it ;)
So you can find all the codes there. The thread will only be for the sprites that people make to be compatible with Goku.
#31  July 04, 2011, 06:04:38 am
    • France
Okay, here's an update to this topic, for those potentially interested. :)

Broken Back

This animation is used when Goku grabs his opponent at the end of the Broken Back Kaiyoken follow-up. When falling on the Goku's hand, the opponent gets his back broken in an ackward position, accurate to the way Goku finished Nappa in Dragon Ball series.
To make your character compatible with Goku Z2, you have to add just one sprite of your character with the back broken, with alignment based on the middle of the belt, as shown on the following picture:

Goku has two sprites instead of one, just to have show some jiggling, but this is not required. Once you have added the sprite(s) to the SFF, create Animation 5946 in the AIR file, which is the standard used for Goku Z2, and you're done. Just adding this animation will ensure that your character will use it when Goku hits him with Broken Back follow-up.
Optionally, you can separate the background arm and leg of your character, and place it as Animation 5947 in the AIR file, so that it appears behind Goku, for a more realistic display. Axis should be aligned with Animation 5946, as shown on the previous picture. Note that this background sprite is not required, it is just here to make things look better.

I'm not going to post any tutorial for Beam Collision here. You'll have to wait to get your hands on the character, and base the code from Goku Z2 while reading the tutorial in the readme file, as I mostly give explanations on how the code works, and what you have to do to make it work in your character(s). It's not a simple "copy-paste" job that can be done on any character.

However, I'll leave you with this :
Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 07:35:29 am by Cybaster
#32  July 04, 2011, 07:11:30 am
While I know I'm pushing it, you should make the beam struggle like it really is in DBZ, where one beam makes up half of the circle, and the other beam makes up the other half.
#33  July 04, 2011, 07:34:10 am
    • France
Yeah, I was thinking about this, but we made it the lazy way for now. It will probably get an update in the future.
#34  July 05, 2011, 05:09:14 pm
    • Netherlands
Yeah the beam struggle can surely be improved upon, it doesn't feel...perfect yet ;)
Also, we NEED those backbroken sprites  :twisted: otherwise in 95% of the cases, THIS is how it'll look like :P

Doesn't really give you the feeling that their back is broken :P
#35  July 05, 2011, 05:26:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
invert it. or use the upwards hit rotated to one side.
#36  July 06, 2011, 12:04:00 am
    • France
Problem is that I'm forced to use one of the required sprites, and the way the character is changes for each character. Some chars will have their back in this position (shown by Balthazar), and other will have it in the other way, making it look "not so bad" ... I'll test on more characters and possibly change it if needed.
#37  July 07, 2011, 04:14:15 pm
    • USA
Well if people can, I dont see why not to make the sprite for it. Its not hard to do at all. Its about four frames or less.
#38  July 07, 2011, 05:06:30 pm
    • Netherlands
Just one, really. 2 is if you wanna go fancy :P
#39  July 09, 2011, 07:10:56 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Problem is that I'm forced to use one of the required sprites, and the way the character is changes for each character. Some chars will have their back in this position (shown by Balthazar), and other will have it in the other way, making it look "not so bad" ... I'll test on more characters and possibly change it if needed.

use this gethit instead.
#40  July 09, 2011, 10:36:35 pm
    • Argentina
It's a pretty simple code
Thanks for explainig it.
Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:29:32 am by gabe555
#41  July 10, 2011, 11:44:04 pm
    • France
use this gethit instead.
Problem is that it changes for each type of character. CVS chars will behave correctly for one sprite, while KOF will for another. The one you showed is the one I used before.

@gabe555 : you're welcome. ;)
#42  December 03, 2012, 09:18:09 am
  • 4th Raikage will one day make his way into mugen
Hey guys, I was browsing around the forum when I came across this thread and read that characters with beams could possibly do the Cho-kamehameha fatality if this info (the one below) was correctly placed in the right CNS file. So I decided to try to input this code into Chojin's "Perfect Cell" CNS files but turns out he has four different files ["Attack", "cell", "hyper" and "special"] but they are all written in a different language so I was wondering if one you guys could please help me by telling me in what file to place the code below so that Cell's Kamehameha could have the same fatality as Goku's. I'm aware some you guys are probably busy and don't feel like taking the time to translate and find where coding should be placed in, but if someone could at least tell me what to look for, I could probably find it and input the code into the right place.

As for Goku's states 5941 & 5942, I found them in his CNS files but as I mentioned before, I'm not sure where to put those codes either so I thought I would ask you guys  :)

your help is greatly appreciated 

On the other hand, you may also want your characters with beams to be able to put Goku in this Fatality state. To do this, add this code just after the HitDef of the beam attack state:

[State 3025, p2state - killed]
type = targetstate
trigger1 = movehit && numtarget
trigger1 = target, AnimExist(5941)
trigger1 = MatchOver && WinKO
value = 5941
ignorehitpause = 1
Then, search in Goku's files for states 5941 and 5942 (in states/system.cns), and copy them in your character's files wherever you want. You will probably want to modify the code a little bit to blend with your beam better.
#43  May 18, 2015, 04:37:58 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
NecroBump.
I was going through adding compatibility to my characters. The Broken Back animation was causing me an error.
I ended up fixing it by copy/paste. I lifted the "Broken_Arm" helper out of the helpers.cns and put it in my character. Just having the two animations wasnt enough.

vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#44  May 19, 2015, 01:01:06 am
    • France
Yup, it was said in Goku's readme : readme > movelist > full game features > link to tutorials.

But I agree this tutorial is kinda well hidden, so it's normal you missed it. :P
Re: Z2 Compatibility Thread
#45  November 11, 2016, 03:14:07 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
In HDBZ Piccolo has clones that he sends out. If you want to make your characters better compatible with the clones use the following:

This makes clones teleport out (disappear)when Piccolo is hit. Be sure to only apply this code to any moves that would look odd having the clones still being active. Like moves where a super BG appears and it looks like they go into the air. Or moves where it shows the opponent from inside something with "walls" that clones shouldn't be running around in.

For when the move hits
Code:
[State 0, Explod]
type = Explod
trigger1 = MoveHit = 1
anim = 5939
ID = 991901
pos = 0,0
postype = p1  ;p2,front,back,left,right
bindtime = -1
removetime = -1
removeongethit = 1

Add this to the state where your character regains control

Code:
[State 0, RemoveExplod]
type = RemoveExplod
trigger1 = !Time
id = 991901

Also please add this anim to the .air file

Code:
; Cinematic Move use Explod(991901)
[Begin Action 5939]
-1,0, 0,0, -1

Clones do not come back till Piccolo is out of a hit state so no worries about them returning too soon before your char recovers

While on the subject
here are some more clone compatibility things you can do

Here's the edits we have to make to make sure all supers work well.

Example:
[State 420, 3]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = !time
attr = S, HA
damage = 0,5
hitflag = MAF
guardflag = MA
getpower = 0,0
priority = 7, Hit
pausetime = 0,0 ;5,5
guard.pausetime = 15,15
sparkno = s7030
guard.sparkno = s7000
sparkxy = -15,-80
hitsound   = s5,6
guardsound = S6,1
p2facing = 1
animtype = Up
ground.type = High
ground.slidetime = 12
ground.hittime = 12
ground.velocity = 0,-15
air.velocity = 0,-15
fall = 1
kill = 0
envshake.time=18
envshake.ampl=6
p1stateno = 2605
;p2stateno = 2602

This is from Vegeta's 2601 Bomber Kick
Remove the bolded part or comment it out

Add this below
Code:
[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = movehit = 1
trigger1 = numtarget
trigger1 = !(target, ishelper)
value = 2605
persistent = 1

Persistent = 1 lets it hit both clone and real at the same time and it looks glorious!
If the move had used this ;p2stateno = 2602
It'd had needed this

Code:
[State 0, TargetState]
type = TargetState
trigger1 = movehit = 1
trigger1 = numtarget
trigger1 = !(target, ishelper)
value = 2602
ignorehitpause = 1

if you have two hitdefs with id = 1 and id = 2.
For the first hitdef, the targetstate should have id = 1 and for the second it should use id = 2.

Fix Broken Back You have to add this to the code
;====================================
; Broken Back - BG Arms + legs
[Statedef 245947]
type = S
movetype = H
physics = N
velset = 0,0
anim = 5947

[State 2260, bind]
type = bindtoroot
trigger1 = !ishelper
trigger1 = 1
pos = 0,0

[State 2260, bind]
type = bindtoparent
trigger1 = IsHelper
trigger1 = 1
pos = 0,0

[State 2260, muteki]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA

[State 2260, destroy]
type = DestroySelf
trigger1 = time = 126

;====================================
; RE Broken Back - BG Arms + legs
[Statedef 355947]
type = S
movetype = H
physics = N
velset = 0,0
anim = 5947

[State 2260, bind]
type = bindtoroot
trigger1 = !ishelper
trigger1 = 1
pos = 0,0

[State 2260, bind]
type = bindtoparent
trigger1 = IsHelper
trigger1 = 1
pos = 0,0

[State 2260, muteki]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA

[State 2260, destroy]
type = DestroySelf
trigger1 = time = 19

Fix HitSparks on root when clone is hit
Remove hitspark explod and use SparkNo instead

Fix affects appear on root and not clone
Add !IsHelper as a trigger to your explod. Example Vegeta's fire that appears when his ki blasts hit the opponent

Coders, in every custom state that uses the Flip Ko explods, write this:
Code:
triggerall = !IsHelper
in the explods with value 5938, so the Saibamen will use their own explods (since they're already coded in the Saibamen character).

Same thing for the twist Ko effect (number 20152).

In fact if you want clones and saibamen to react differently you will want to make !IsHelper exceptions to your moves.
Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 03:20:48 pm by Just No Point
#46  November 14, 2016, 09:23:54 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Thanks for getting this out before Piccolo's release. I hope to have my Ibuki's update released with in a day or two. (A lot of updates in her)
These fixes are now ready. I'll try to test and report back here.

The broken back fix(es) only go in Goku Z2, or all the characters? Ibuki didn't have
[Statedef 355947]
Just
[Statedef 245947]
I've added 355947, not sure if she needed it.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#47  November 14, 2016, 12:35:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ibuki wont place the opponent in a broken back state so you're good. Don't worry about those fixes.
#48  February 17, 2017, 04:09:41 pm
Do z2 chars have do be from the dbz franchize or can they be anyone you want?

Sorry for the bad english.
#49  February 17, 2017, 04:14:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If you make them they can be any you want. For them to actually be in the game we release they have to be from any iteration of DB
#50  February 21, 2017, 04:08:27 pm
  • I got tired of waiting for someone to do it for me
    • Argentina
[Google Translate]

Have you thought about updating the compatibility tutorial?
When I added compatibility to my char, I noticed that there were several things that were not mentioned in the tutorial (I had to copy them from Goku Z2):

Dash Collision

The triggger mentioned in the tutorial is not complete:

Statedef 952 (abort dash collision) is not mentioned either.

Flip Knockout

The sound 21,1 (turning snd), the anim 5938 (Flip KO FX) and the trigger "!numexplod(59370)" are not mentioned either.

Chou Kamehameha Fatality

The anims 2763 (White screen fades) and 15999 (Empty anim) are not mentioned either.
#51  July 15, 2017, 01:22:14 pm
Bump.
Photobucket problem. Please fix it. :P

ZX2

#52  July 15, 2017, 02:34:23 pm
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
Yeah almost every image is gone. Well except for the flip and spin thing. :/
#53  August 14, 2017, 11:25:09 pm
    • France
#CODE SNIPPETS
Cybaster has made his own Compatibility section in the Readme of Goku, you'll find everything you need in there.
So, Huuuuhhhh... With the new readme files not containing as much stuff as before, shouldn't you guys post this here or something ? :)

#54  May 20, 2018, 10:16:36 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
With Krillin confirmed as a character in the game. Will the characters all need this sprite for compatibility?

Just in case Krillin wins with the Destructo Disc?  I just had thoughts of CVS Hibiki's super, and thought of Krillin having that as a finishing blow.
#55  January 03, 2021, 04:51:41 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
I know this thread will probably get updated by the devs at some point, but thought i'd put this here in the meantime
As of 5.0, a bunch of new anims were added for compatability with certain attacks. Some are just custom anims you can apply using your own character sprites, but some require new sprites. Cheers to HB for making me aware of these
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----7611 (Hercules LVL3 custom state}-----
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----7612 (Gotenks Scribble)-----

-----5260 (reaction to Megaton Punch)-----

NOTE: This anim is pretty freeform. As long as it ends with a frame with time -1, you can essentially do whatever
-----5220 (Tien Bird's Eye)-----
-----9000-9007 (SSJ Vegeta's Bingo Dance)-----
It might be the most daunting, but it's actually not as bad as it looks. SSJ Vegeta uses 8 anims, 6 for pressing buttons during the minigame, one for not pressing anything, and one for if you win. The moves can be whatever you want, just mind they loop back to anim 9006 when they're done playing. Anims 9000-9002 are light to heavy punches, 9003-9005 light to heavy kicks. 9006 is idle, and 9007 is the win anim. All there really is to note is the win anim must end with time -1
Video example