YesNoOk

What is Mugen Missing? (Read 27209 times)

Started by WiCloud, April 10, 2013, 11:09:34 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What is Mugen Missing?
#81  April 12, 2013, 10:02:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
We actually got a green light at work to give develoopment time to semi-personal projects; they have to be profitable for the company, though ; it goes like profits are split 50/50 between the company and the people working on those projects, though I have no idea how a mugen clone would be profitable at all besides getting 1st world development costs back using kickstarter.

Maybe such a game engine software could be sold for a small price via steam and directly like its done with the rpg maker?

I have no clue about software development ..marketing and publishing though
#82  April 12, 2013, 10:18:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
humh.. rpg maker, i will check what's it's model, thanks.

You could write a commercial engine for people who want to make real fighting games.
A mugen clone is not worth even effort of going through a brainstorm about it's basics. Many of it's designs are way too flawed and beyond repair.
Starting fresh is definitely the best option.

yeah, having it be compatible with mugen is not very optimal, unlike what we were doing with nekoconeko.
#83  April 12, 2013, 10:23:30 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#84  April 14, 2013, 03:10:10 am
  • Don't be an Anti-Pockite
    • USA
For those of you who want to get involved in development there is an open source fighting engine that has been in development for a couple years. Code is available and it is compatible with Mugen. He said he will be working on online as well. Author is constantly making updates.

http://paintown.sourceforge.net/
#85  April 14, 2013, 03:47:19 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
You know what MUGEN could use?

A tag team feature like the one found in the most recent fighting games like Mortal Kombat!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#86  April 14, 2013, 08:33:14 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
A trigger which can return the number of rounds required to win a match.
#87  April 14, 2013, 06:59:25 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
-Something that determines the time of a round, or how long an Arcade mode is.
-A proper character unlocking system, like that of which MSM gives.
-Something that sets the amount of rounds you could have (say a trigger that forces the amount of rounds of a particular character to be 1).
-Something that toggles the vs. screen on/off for certain characters.
-Something that toggles the "K.O.!", "Round 1!", etc. stuff on/off for certain characters.

With this, you could do something clever with Arcade mode:
You could've beaten Arcade in a pretty swift time, beaten the final boss and gotten to the "exit door" (which'd be another character, but it'd stay as a door that you walk through if you've beaten Arcade too slowly). The door disappears and something emerges from the background (the final FINAL boss) - you beat him/her/it, go through the actual door and the win screen shows.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#88  April 18, 2013, 02:31:54 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Royal rumble mode like in WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2007 I think?
And 3v3 and 4v4 simul being offical
#89  April 23, 2013, 11:11:56 pm
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
What is Mugen Missing?
not really missing, but it would be great if you could give the big char-portraits more than just the numbers 9000,1 and 9000,2. cause when you have more than two screenpacks with different portraits (let's say EVE, Warzone and NEXUS Reborn) you need at least two different char-folders (which can be easily bigger than 3 or 4 GB as you all know :P)
#90  April 23, 2013, 11:35:27 pm
  • Thoughts are never Actions unless there Memories
What is Mugen Missing?
not really missing, but it would be great if you could give the big char-portraits more than just the numbers 9000,1 and 9000,2. cause when you have more than two screenpacks with different portraits (let's say EVE, Warzone and NEXUS Reborn) you need at least two different char-folders (which can be easily bigger than 3 or 4 GB as you all know :P)

And that in your opinion is what "your" Mugen is missing =) . Are you suggesting portrait settings so that Portrait A appear in Screenpack A and Portrait B for screenpack B? All for the same character? sadly i agree but all you can do next is add a portrait next to the lifebars *if there small enough* but i don't see the use of having more portraits than what we have. Unless someone makes a screenpack where characters can have more supposedly.

Some screenpacks got them large portraits some have small either way i know what your getting at and i've encountered this problem too.
The Wikkens Will Rise!
"To follow our path, to complete our goals, A Wikken's way is truly whole, for we seek the thrill of challenge, none too bleak*too easy* But until the day we all shall peak!"-WiCloud
#91  April 23, 2013, 11:56:08 pm
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
Are you suggesting portrait settings so that Portrait A appear in Screenpack A and Portrait B for screenpack B? All for the same character?
actually that was exactly what I meant. it's already possible, but only for two different char-portraits. you could much easier switch between screenpacks if you could have more big-port-numbers than that.
Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:52:08 pm by Gara
#92  April 23, 2013, 11:59:11 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I was gonna suggest that there be a thread for screenpack portrait reservation slots, but there's just too many optional standards these days, many which conflict with other standards. Creators would be spending a shitload of time making stuff for a bunch of screenpacks they'll probably never use.
#93  April 24, 2013, 12:31:17 am
  • Thoughts are never Actions unless there Memories
I was gonna suggest that there be a thread for screenpack portrait reservation slots, but there's just too many optional standards these days, many which conflict with other standards. Creators would be spending a shitload of time making stuff for a bunch of screenpacks they'll probably never use.

and that's why i try finding a HUGE screenpack so that i can avoid this. my WinMugen's SP is about full but my Mugen 1.0 is fairly large and almost seemingly empty (i need to transfer characters lol)
The Wikkens Will Rise!
"To follow our path, to complete our goals, A Wikken's way is truly whole, for we seek the thrill of challenge, none too bleak*too easy* But until the day we all shall peak!"-WiCloud
#94  May 03, 2013, 09:54:50 pm
    • muscleman@dispostable.com
We're missing Gurren Lagann (the robot), interactive stages, and customizable pre- and post-battle cutscenes.
My past is not today!
https://media.giphy.com/media/119SFXjoMsax6o/giphy.gif
Your signature is too big, please read the forum rules
#95  May 03, 2013, 10:00:04 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
We're so far along that most of that would not get implemented well.
#96  May 05, 2013, 03:51:18 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
.SND files for stages
#97  May 05, 2013, 04:48:09 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Interactive stages the kind that can hurt the characters or respond to character motion such as a splash when walking in water. Destruct-able objects or characters in the background that act as obstacles to proceed.

Do you mean something like the Death Match Mode in World Heroes 1 and 2 or  the interactive backgrounds and power up items in Samurai Shodown and Gem Fighter?  Those games were fun.

Tag System even though we have use of a tool to make this possible for Simul battles like 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 I believe people are possibly wanting more functions like use of combined hyper attacks that MVC does. Along with switching out partners in mid-battle *haven't been getting a great detail in this yet)

I'd personally like to see plane shifting if its multiplayer tag like in Yuyu Hakusho for the genesis or Bleach Dark Souls in DS.  I like that in Bleach Souls it can play like a beat em up when fighting one of the Hollows.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#98  May 05, 2013, 05:03:54 am
  • ...why it is always HARDer to be myself?!
    • Brazil
-Real 3D stages a la Killer Instinct 2.
-3v4,1v4,2v4 battles like in Infinity Cat (MUGEN 4 PSP).
-Better Sound Quality.
-Online Match System with ID, Tournament and World Ranking.
-Plataforming Stages a la Smash Bros.
-Independent Bilinear filters for chars, stages, screenpack.
-In build Tag system stxt, mvc1, mvc3.
-Non stop turns fights with partners watching the action and reacting.
-Last Man Standing, everybody vs everyone.
-Last Boss 2v1 even if selected 2v2, like sfxt final Boss.
-Unlock Chars system and Hiden Chars system like MK.
-multi stages zones and levels like UMK3 and MKT.
-SF4 and SFXT rival battle system.
Thats all i can see that MUGEN is missing.
#99  September 25, 2013, 03:26:13 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Another good point of OpenBOR which mugen could borrow: Alpha Masking

Allows complete freedom in determining the transparency for sprites. With alpha masking, each pixel of each frame of an animation can have its own alpha value from 0 (fully transparent) to 255 (fully opaque).

[Sprite - Mask]

Read more at: http://www.caskeys.com/arc/games/openbor/wiki/index.php?title=Alpha_Masking

Moving this topic to public section...
#100  September 25, 2013, 03:37:14 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
What is Mugen missing?

A better community.