YesNoOk

Any way to tone down the A.I? (Read 17632 times)

Started by Dunderbolt, August 09, 2023, 05:34:04 am
Share this topic:
Any way to tone down the A.I?
#1  August 09, 2023, 05:34:04 am
    • USA
Been playing against OHMSBY's characters: Nice, polished well, but I think their balance is jank when playing with another person, and the combos can get boring after awhile once you find that "golden ratio" that deals the most damage. (Some characters are almost able to go on forever with their combos, to the point for some characters almost entire health bars are gone.) but when playing against the A.I. the characters, they are Mortal Kombat 2 levels of cheap, to the point that are doing anti-airs before I even get two startup frames in. I remembering reading Ohmsby is adding in progressive A.I. or something like that, but is there something I can change in the interim so I don't have to skip entire fights because the A.I. is straight up cheating?
Re: Any way to tone down the A.I?
#2  August 12, 2023, 03:09:08 pm
    • Brazil
    • lyricasky.neocities.org
#3  August 12, 2023, 04:11:07 pm
    • Tunisia
New #4  August 12, 2023, 05:38:06 pm
    • buymeacoffee.com/mannylingle
Been playing against OHMSBY's characters: Nice, polished well, but I think their balance is jank when playing with another person, and the combos can get boring after awhile once you find that "golden ratio" that deals the most damage. (Some characters are almost able to go on forever with their combos, to the point for some characters almost entire health bars are gone.) but when playing against the A.I. the characters, they are Mortal Kombat 2 levels of cheap, to the point that are doing anti-airs before I even get two startup frames in. I remembering reading Ohmsby is adding in progressive A.I. or something like that, but is there something I can change in the interim so I don't have to skip entire fights because the A.I. is straight up cheating?
Q:Any way to tone down the A.I.?
A:Make the AI's reaction time slower, closer to that of a human player.

If it is AI Scaling of OHMSBY's style characters.
Code:
triggerall = random <= (ailevel)*ifelse(ailevel>=6,120,30)

You can try to change the code to this...
Code:
triggerall = random <= (ailevel=1)*3+(ailevel=2)*7+(ailevel=3)*16+(ailevel=4)*30+(ailevel=5)*58+(ailevel=6)*90+(ailevel=7)*150+(ailevel=8)*300

Finally, enter the Option item of MUGEN and adjust the Difficulty to Medium 4.

The chance for attacking of the above code AI represents...
Difficulty = Chance for Attacking
Easy 1 = 3
Easy 2 = 7
Medium 3 = 16
Medium 4 = 30
Medium 5 = 58
Hard 6 = 90
Hard 7 = 150
Hard 8 = 300

=====================================
You can refer to this article
MUGEN Free For All - Seravy's A.I. Guide
=====================================
Excerpted article highlights...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Welcome to support Linglebuymeacoffee.com/mannylingle
Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 01:36:50 pm by Manny Lingle (曼尼琳各)
#5  August 13, 2023, 05:13:08 am