YesNoOk

Link Cloning Bug (with Holn's AI patch) (Read 916 times)

Started by 21stFighter, December 26, 2019, 09:08:50 am
Share this topic:
Link Cloning Bug (with Holn's AI patch)
#1  December 26, 2019, 09:08:50 am
  • Open your soul to the battle!
    • USA
A couple of months back, Holn made an AI patch for Mr. Giang's Link. I removed tag_system.cns file along with the rest of the tag codes that were associated with the AI. After testing the characters, Link can create a clone every time he uses one of his supers. Specifically, his QCB x2 X/Y/Z (also in the air) but surprisingly, this excludes his Level 3.

Without the AI patch while the tag stuff is still removed, however, the character is just fine.

So, is there anything in the CMD or the rest of the files in his unotag folder that I need to fix for the cloning to stop? Please leave a reply as soon as you know a fix to this.
Re: Link Cloning Bug (with Holn's AI patch)
#2  December 26, 2019, 01:24:34 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I've experienced the same kind of problem with Holn's AI patches every now and then. The primary culprit that causes this is that they revert characters to their older versions, which can conflict with new coding the upated versions possess. For the AI patches that he has applied on a few of my own characters, it's usually from reverting them to a point prior to me installing custom buffering and updating the superpause FX.

In the majority of these cases, it's usually caused by missing helpers that the reversion lacks, so, either search for the missing helpers (use debug mode and turn on clsn to make it easier to find them) or otherwise wait for Holn to update his AI patch.
Re: Link Cloning Bug (with Holn's AI patch)
#3  December 29, 2019, 10:53:08 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Usually with clones, a debug message will pop up. I seem to always get clones when a helper doesn't have a state to switch to, so it get sent to state 0. Or if the helper gets hit and does a hit reaction it'll switch to P1's regular hit reaction. So you might want to see what helpers are being spawned and look for it's destroyself. You might need to add a HitOverride or do something similar to get the helper to switch properly. Or delete an unneeded helper completely. 

----
Use Ctrl+D to look for any error messages.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/necessary-triggeralls-redirects-and-some-sctrls-debug-141934.0.html
may help you figure out what to do.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv