YesNoOk

Epoch of Anarchy 1.0 - Updated 11/11 (Read 111114 times)

Started by davismaximus, September 10, 2010, 07:51:16 pm
Share this topic:
Epoch of Anarchy 1.0 - Updated 11/11
#1  September 10, 2010, 07:51:16 pm
Here is the final (barring any glaring issues) version of my Epoch of Anarchy Screenpack.  New download link added.

This screenpack is for Mugen 1.0 at 640x480.

What's new?
-2 types of lifebars.  One with regular portraits, one with custom ones.
-Custom announcer voice.
-Graphical updates to Victory, Vs, and Options screens.
-Updated Custom Small Portrait version.
-New Title/Select music.

New Pics:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It comes in 4 flavors:

-Small Portrait Regular-
-Small Portrait Custom-
-Category Regular-
-Category Custom-

Small Portrait Regular:
This is essentially the default screenpack with no custom portraits, and contains 146 slots.

Small Portrait Custom:
This is the same as above, but with custom select screen and victory portraits.

Category Regular:
This is a category select screen with no custom portraits.

Category Custom:
This is a category select screen with custom portraits.

Older pics:

!!!There are two ReadMe files included.  One is for installation help, and the other is for making custom portraits.  Please read them before asking any questions.!!!

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?47sx2p5sn5jrm1y

If you have a lot of HiRes characters, here's a patch to make them look better in the Vs. screen.
http://www.mediafire.com/?51uh5gs5cff4ryf
Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:50:04 pm by davismaximus
Re: Epoch of Anarchy Beta 1
#2  September 10, 2010, 11:23:33 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Oh shit, that's pretty damn cool.  Looks like I found my new screenpack of choice.
#3  September 10, 2010, 11:31:25 pm
  • I changed it to match my WIP
    • USA
Spoiler: Works In Progress (click to see content)
#4  September 11, 2010, 12:15:05 am
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Are there more icons for the categories?  Cause if not, you might wanna make more, or at least give the dimensions for the icons.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.

GOH

#5  September 11, 2010, 12:44:57 am
    • Portugal
A screenpack for 1.0 with category select.

But I think i'll wait for the full version.
#6  September 11, 2010, 01:37:30 am
Are there more icons for the categories?  Cause if not, you might wanna make more, or at least give the dimensions for the icons.

Yeah, there's quite a few more included with the SP, along with a couple templates to make your own.
#7  September 11, 2010, 03:38:16 am
    • USA
i just tested it Heres a video Of The Custom Regular Verson of Your Screenpack  I'll Let You See It In Action For A Test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz1n-ZB1rpA
plz note i was testing this with mayars cvs lifebars if i didn't have them i'd have to use the MT09 Lifebars instead
#8  September 11, 2010, 07:08:01 am
  • Participate, be a part.
really awsome, does the custom portraits support hi-res characters? cant wait for the final release. will you make a 720 or even a 1080 res version?
#9  September 11, 2010, 04:18:55 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The select screen looks pretty neat. The versus and victory screen are kinda bland though. And judging by the screenshots, you have cropped fx in (Upper right corner in Ryu's victory quotes screen)
#10  September 11, 2010, 05:35:35 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Please upload on megaupload or something, mediafire is being we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten yearsry.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#11  September 11, 2010, 09:07:29 pm
Added Megaupload link to first post.

The select screen looks pretty neat. The versus and victory screen are kinda bland though. And judging by the screenshots, you have cropped fx in (Upper right corner in Ryu's victory quotes screen)

I'm gonna update the VS and victory screens, I kinda rushed when I made them.  That cropped background picture is just in the screenshot, my laptop has shitty v-sync.

really awsome, does the custom portraits support hi-res characters? cant wait for the final release. will you make a 720 or even a 1080 res version?

I just tried making a hi-res character portrait, and it came out pretty good:
You just need to scale the sprite down by 50%.  I probably won't make a 720 or 1080 version.  I was originally gonna do it in 720, but when I scaled up the sprites I was gonna use, they looked shitty.

@ProtomanX
Thanks for the video, man.  Hopefully in the next release, I'll have the lifebars finished.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

#12  September 11, 2010, 09:32:32 pm
I'm having a hard time using your template to make win portraits.  I used the .psu one, but since I don't have photoshop, I just used paint to take an image, put the pink line over it, and then crop to fit around the pink line.  That way the image should take up the full screen.  However, when I put these images as 9000,2 nothing shows up.  I tried the same thing in fighter factory for the included juggernaut portrait, and that worked fine, so there must be some error in the way I made them.  What could cause this to happen?
#13  September 11, 2010, 09:56:17 pm
I'm having a hard time using your template to make win portraits.  I used the .psu one, but since I don't have photoshop, I just used paint to take an image, put the pink line over it, and then crop to fit around the pink line.  That way the image should take up the full screen.  However, when I put these images as 9000,2 nothing shows up.  I tried the same thing in fighter factory for the included juggernaut portrait, and that worked fine, so there must be some error in the way I made them.  What could cause this to happen?

You need to save the portrait as a .pcx file, which you can't do with MSPaint.  I believe GIMP allows you to save as .pcx, which is free.
#14  September 11, 2010, 10:07:23 pm
I actually saved it as a .jpg, then opened up the .jpg with Infranview and saved it as a .pcx.  And it says it is a .pcx file currently, so I dunno...
#15  September 11, 2010, 10:33:13 pm
I think you need to decrease the color depth on your .pcx file to 256 colors.
#16  September 12, 2010, 12:54:32 am
  • Recreation
You shouldn't even save any sprites in JPG at all.
There's always fuzzy compression crap, and it isn't pretty.
#17  September 12, 2010, 12:59:49 am
Duly noted.
Ok, I decreased the colors to 256.  Now the image is showing up just fine, but no matter what I do, I can't get the pink to be the transparent color.  It chooses some random color from from the actual picture to become transparent, even though there's far more pink.  How should I go about setting the pink as the transparent color?
#18  September 12, 2010, 01:01:43 am
  • Recreation
Duly noted.
Ok, I decreased the colors to 256.  Now the image is showing up just fine, but no matter what I do, I can't get the pink to be the transparent color.  It chooses some random color from from the actual picture to become transparent, even though there's far more pink.  How should I go about setting the pink as the transparent color?

Arrange the pallate in infranview and make the pink color the 256th color in the color table.
#19  September 12, 2010, 01:19:30 am
Alright, sounds easy enough, but the only thing I seem to be able to do with palettes is swap colors, like one would with the ACT editor in Fighter Factory.  Thus, I can't change the index of colors, and the same regions (the ones I don't want to be transparent) will still be transparent.  Is there something in Infranview I use that isn't the "Edit Palette" menu to arrange the palettes, or am I just doing something wrong and there's some maneuver I'm missing in the Edit Palette menu?
#20  September 12, 2010, 01:27:25 am
  • Recreation
Ok.
Is the very last color of your portrait in Infranview black?

Color 255?