YesNoOk

Creating an impassable wall from P2 (Read 567 times)

Started by Tip, July 26, 2020, 08:16:28 pm
Share this topic:

Tip

Creating an impassable wall from P2
#1  July 26, 2020, 08:16:28 pm
  • Do it better than last time.
I would like to create an instance of player 2 that acts as a wall that player 1 cannot pass through. I've tried this with position detection but it's buggy at best and have read that the best way to do this is to use player 2 as a wall.

Is there a way to create a helper that has the same properties of playerpush as player 2? This is in a full game environment.

Thanks.
Re: Creating an impassable wall from P2
#2  July 27, 2020, 02:18:15 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Yes, it's possible. Create a helper and use an animation with blue CLSN, if needed you can add nothitby and width sctrls to the state.
Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:22:21 am by DeathScythe
#3  July 27, 2020, 12:16:49 pm
I would like to create an instance of player 2 that acts as a wall that player 1 cannot pass through. I've tried this with position detection but it's buggy at best and have read that the best way to do this is to use player 2 as a wall.

Is there a way to create a helper that has the same properties of playerpush as player 2? This is in a full game environment.

Thanks.

you can
but P2 can use Playerpush = 0 to pass it.
#4  July 28, 2020, 12:56:51 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You should create the helper, and watch the P2distance X. Then if P2 goes passed the helper, you "hit" P2 and send him to a custom state to back it up.
Like beterhans implied, there will be characters that may be able to get around this. There's 0 chance to move a character that doesn't have a clsn. So if you run into problems, be sure to check the visuals with ctlr+C.
If P2 teleports behind the wall, that will be a different issue as well.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv