YesNoOk

Wide-screen and zoom edits of various lowres stages (updated: 2024-09-27) (Read 754821 times)

Started by Kasasagi, March 18, 2023, 02:09:06 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Wide-screen and zoom edits of various lowres stages (updated: 2024-01-01)
#21  January 01, 2024, 03:35:17 am
    • bit.ly/kasasagi-tilde-town
Added a new stage edit: War Agony, by Neo Gouki, from the Darkstalkers series. See bottom of first post.
Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 12:34:24 am by Kasasagi
#22  January 03, 2024, 12:26:52 am
  • Basic User
  • Harry 7 Mason From Silent Hill
    • Chile
Thanks again for this incredible collection and Happy New Year 2024!
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
#23  January 03, 2024, 01:49:12 pm
You are welcome and a Happy New Year to You too!
Re: Wide-screen and zoom edits of various lowres stages (updated: 2024-02-07)
#24  February 07, 2024, 02:29:17 am
Added five new stage edits from the Street Fighter Alpha series, however, these are a little unusual - they are edits of stages from the full-game project named 'Hyper Street Fighter Zero' by Ehnyd and they also include a new variant/category of stages. The individual stages preview is included at the bottom of the first post, as usual.

The three main things that these edits do are:
  • they convert the original stage from the original game-specific aspect ratio, to a 16:9 wide-screen (e.g. 1080p/FHD or 4K) aspect for full display with 16:9 screen packs and/or wide-screen monitors; this makes the stages playable in generic wide-screen Mugen installations, just turn off 'StageFit',

• they contain variants of the stage that have been aspect-corrected for the CPS resolution and screen aspect, making the stage appear much more like it did on the original arcade hardware,

• for the CPS aspect-corrected stage variants, these edits also add the vertical deltas to the stage; this is possible, because these variants have the vertical resolution of 224p (like the original CPS hardware, as opposed to the Mugen standard of 240p).

You can see several examples of the aspect-correction in action here.

For more details, I include the full 'readme.txt' file for these stages (which is also included in the released archive):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 10:04:11 pm by Kasasagi
Re: Wide-screen and zoom edits of various lowres stages (updated: 2024-02-07)
#25  July 10, 2024, 11:42:41 pm
Hello again, after a long time. In this post I want to share some info about the new Ikemen Go version and about the update to my stage edits.

First, some info about the new Ikemen Go Nightly and the next versions on Ikemen Go: there were major changes to the stage camera behaviour that make the new Ikemen Go more compatible with Mugen, but majorly break the backwards compatibility with the previous Ikemen Go 0.99 version. These changes concern e.g. the low/high stage camera bounds.

In consequence: practically all (or at least the majority of) stages made specifically for Ikemen 0.99 or lower will require updating for the new Ikemen version to display correctly. This also includes all of my edits, which had Ikemen-specific variants.

On to the update: I have updated and re-tested all of my stage edits for the new Ikemen Go Nightly version and the required Ikemen Go version is now newer than 0.99.

All stages that no longer require separate Ikemen vs Mugen variants have been merged into one. The Ikemen stage variants relying on the old Ikemen Go 0.99 behavior now also use the new nightly Ikemen Go parameters, such as: 'boundhighzoomdelta' and 'verticalfollowzoomdelta'.

During this process many stages have also received some minor bugfixes and tweaks.

Two of the more visible updates include the 'guilestageDG by DG' and 'sea_castle_night by Roque' - see the bottom of the first post for screenshots and a list of changes.

The old stage variants for Ikemen Go 0.99 and possibly older Ikemen versions, are still available separately: Ikemen 0.99 Stages.
Re: Wide-screen and zoom edits of various lowres stages (updated: 2024-07-10)
#26  July 11, 2024, 06:48:24 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Your guile stage floor is broken right under the nose of the plane. Its visible in your image too.
#27  July 11, 2024, 08:48:48 am
Hmm.. I still don't seem to know what you mean? In what way is the floor broken?
#28  July 11, 2024, 10:32:29 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Hmm.. I still don't seem to know what you mean? In what way is the floor broken?

The circled portion looks like the floor is broken and the parallax is glitched. I don't think that's intentional.
#29  July 11, 2024, 11:48:36 am
OK - I see what you mean.

The black part is meant to be the F16's shadow.

The parallax is indeed inconsistent between the runway and the shadow. It was like that in the original DG's conversion, however I see that it is now much more visible, after I added the dither patterns and the runway is not just a smooth gradient. I will think about how to best fix this, because the stage could benefit from some more edits here.
Re: Wide-screen and zoom edits of various lowres stages (updated: 2024-07-12)
#30  July 12, 2024, 12:58:38 pm
A small update: I have basically reworked the whole 'guilestageDG by DG'.

The 4:3 variant also received all of these additional edits.

See the bottom of the first post for a list of changes and a screenshot.
Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 01:02:04 pm by Kasasagi
Re: Wide-screen and zoom edits of various lowres stages (updated: 2024-08-07)
#31  September 18, 2024, 12:40:28 am
An update for all of may stage edits: I have added stage portraits for the Ikemen-GO engine.

Please note however, that these will only be visible in screenpacks that were made with Ikemen-GO in mind and explicitly support stage portraits. For more information see the Ikemen-GO's wiki page.

The portraits are meant to contain the whole/full view of the stage, or close to it, depending on the portrait variant/size. There are 3 sizes of portraits available:
  • 480x200 - double size, sprite: 9000, 1,
  • 512x240 - custom size, sprite: 9001, 1,
  • 240x100 - standard size (small), not embedded in the *.sff file.
The default portrait is the 480x200 (double) size one.

The stage names have also been revised to be more fitting for stage select.
Re: Wide-screen and zoom edits of various lowres stages (updated: 2024-09-27)
#32  September 27, 2024, 07:33:54 pm
Added a new stage edit: Lee's Stage, by RYO 2005, from the Last Blade. See bottom of first post.