YesNoOk

Most Overrated Fighting Game Series (Read 9120 times)

Started by Gezora, November 25, 2007, 10:45:03 am
Share this topic:
Re: Most Overrated Fighting Game Series
#21  November 27, 2007, 10:23:34 pm
Oh, one other thing: I don't like Street Fighter II, or at least any version of it I've played. I know it was necessary for the evolution of the fighting genre, and I applaud it for that, but I don't understand why people still play it over the things further ahead in fighting evolution (I'm talking about universal improvements, like super moves, dodges, running, etc, not one-game gimmicks that may/may not be improvements).
#22  November 28, 2007, 06:01:41 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
Haha....what I may say now is risky but i'm just putting my opinion across.
I think Street fighter is over rated... simply because it lacks what kof has AWESOME desperation moves. Sure big Hadouken's are great but against combo specials its nothing. It lacks a good range of characters and by saying that I mean the new ones. The original characters from street fighter are great!
That is all.
Without the street fighter series, there would be no sane people around  :o

I'd have killed them all  >:D

run for your lives!!!  :o
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#23  November 28, 2007, 09:56:31 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Oh, one other thing: I don't like Street Fighter II, or at least any version of it I've played. I know it was necessary for the evolution of the fighting genre, and I applaud it for that, but I don't understand why people still play it over the things further ahead in fighting evolution (I'm talking about universal improvements, like super moves, dodges, running, etc, not one-game gimmicks that may/may not be improvements).
- Because the gameplay is very simple yet very solid. No need for all the flushy effects and one thousands system strategies if you have a simple yet efficient gameplay. Why do people still play Bare Knuckles 2 or Bomberman nowadays ?
- Because it reminds us of good old days, when we were kids.
#24  November 28, 2007, 04:53:57 pm
  • corner push pusher

+1. It's a good game but SF2's AI is cheap as hell.

vin response to the quote above:
- Because it reminds us of good old days, when we were kids.

The only thing it reminds me of is me achieving the olympic sport controller chucking because of the cheap AI constantly handing me my ass on a silver-plate.

Soul Calibur II and MVC2 also overrated.